Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Glork, are you discounting the possibility of a Serial Killer?
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

In post 1042, Alchemist wrote:MoI, concerning dram, the whole "dont want him lynched want him vigged" thing is a total cop-out, man.

Yes, it is a cop out, because with the content posted it's literally impossible for me to tell if he's town or scum. This is problematic. But by God, if terrible contentless posts actually meant someone was scum, you'd have games where half the players would be scum. It is not something to lynch over. It's a bad lynch for the exact same reason Katsuki is a bad lynch: you get no info out of it even if they are scum.

As far as setup: Pretty goddamn sure that there's one scumteam. Possible SK[1]. Scumteam may be split into different groups (factions, or whatever) with some mechanic to identify the other scum, but have a united winning condition.

Double checked Vi's modding history. So, he did run a multiball game. Back in 2009 (Border of Touhou and Mafia). Yeah, definitely with Glork on this one.

[1] This does not make multiball.
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Post by Glork »

I have not. However, we're talking specifically about -- as Grey put it -- two teams of scumbags here, so the hypothetical existence of an SK isn't relevant to this discussion.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Didn't sign my post. Sorry. The above post is mine.

-Mr. Flay
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Post by Alchemist »

>say there is one scum faction and act like its 100% true verified fact
>get asked why, get asked for elaboration
>be evasive/hint at smoke and mirrors bullshit to make it seem like you know more than you actually do
>get called on it
>act superior because thats all you have
>There's not really any room for a second/hidden scumgroup here. BECAUSE WE HAS DISCUSSED IT ELREDY
>herp derp
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1037, MaguaofIllusion wrote:- Oversoul: A+ poster, would read again. If he's town, he's going to die because he made himself a target to the scum. This is grand news, really, because Lord knows, better him than us. Not willing to vote.

What exactly have you done?

Why do you have Wyrd and Magister Ludi as possible scumbuddies?

pedit:

Okay, because I think the flavor would probably lend itself well to an SK. I don't know if the mechanics will, but it is still a possibility.

I'm glad you are staying.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 1054, Alchemist wrote:>say there is one scum faction and act like its 100% true verified fact
>get asked why, get asked for elaboration
>be evasive/hint at smoke and mirrors bullshit to make it seem like you know more than you actually do
>get called on it
>act superior because thats all you have
>There's not really any room for a second/hidden scumgroup here. BECAUSE WE HAS DISCUSSED IT ELREDY
>herp derp

Are you the 2012 version of masterchief? Twito?

Twito. Definitley Twito. MC didn't have enough of an attitude problem for you to be his reincarnate.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by Alchemist »

I GOT ATTITUDE
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:59 pm

In post 1055, Oversoul wrote:What exactly have you done?

I prefer to categorize our action by things we haven't done, such as: We've not yet had to apologize profusely for our play.

<_<
>_>

Don't get the point you're trying to make with our take on you. We would prefer that you get NK'ed over us. That'd be grand. Nothing personal.

Why do you have Wyrd and Magister Ludi as possible scumbuddies?

We don't. We have them as two people that we don't like, each of whom could independently be scum. The only relation-tells we have are, "If X flips scum, Y is much more likely to flip scum," (ie, if you flip scum, the chance that Tierce is scum and that this was all some cooked up llama drama rises dramatically), but that's quite distinct from saying you *are* scum partners, 'cause we don't think you are, or that we want either of you lynched over that, because we don't.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Duplicity »

In post 943, Tammy wrote:
RegDup
I meant to ask you this last night when you posted your reads list. Will you read , re-read MoI's ISO, and then tell me how you have a strong town read on them? kthnxbai!

Sure. I don't find the 'looking for holes to exploit future mslynches' point is anywhere near as strong as you're treating it. If he was after creating future mslynches he wouldn't be chipping away towards Glork when there's a large amount of weaker and more suspected players in the playerlist. Similarly I find his push towards SpyreX/Tierce combination to be a town-tell because I know Magua likes taking easy lynches out as scum whereas as town he's not opposed to pushing stronger players if he has a legitimate reason to FoS them.

I don't like his first post and the questions in it specifically the DDD/Glork ones are weak but at the same time it's the sort of questions that I'd expect those two to ask on entrance in a game pretty much regardless of their alignment. In regards to #534 I really liked his Ludi read as it meshed with mine when I was reading through and while I don't agree with his SpyreX read I found their angle of reasoning to be quite logical - especially his point about the sole focus seeming to be a push on something exploitable. I do however want the following answered from them:

In post 534, MaguaofIllusion wrote:People this head thinks are good votes at this stage –
Singersinger
– the play here has just been terrible. A large bunch of quotes for comment later then no comment with “I don’t like Mafia right now” comments? Calling us the most obvious scum along with Spyrex yet keeping a vote parked on Tammy? Later ‘forgetting’ how I’m scum (see )? I am just not seeing any Town in her play.

Not sure where Magua stands on this other than knowing he doesn’t think any of the above are Town.
MoI wrote:
@Shmugen:
There is no way, no how, that singersigner-scum comes into this game with those posts that she did. They have derptown written all over them. The posts are terrible, but they are not scum.

What about her original posts changed from ‘Scum worthy of a vote’ to ‘No way no how scum’. I get that her recent posts (Last 3ish or so) have come across as somewhat townish and have weakened my scum read of her but that’s not what you’ve said.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Also I'm not getting the GI wagon at all. While nothing of his strikes me as a strong town-tell I understand his push on Kats and don't find it scummy.

Sidenote: Nexus/Implosion are much much better vig shots right now.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1037, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
Tammy wrote:Also, I'm not suggesting anything. I don't even know what you're asking me. I asked a very straight forward question. "Please explain why you seem so certain of the scum wincon." How do you interpret it as being anything other than me wondering how you seem certain of something that doesn't seem so certain to me?

Your question: Why are you so certain of the scum wincon.
Our response: Because the scum wincon is in the very first post of this thread.

Let's see, you have other stuff about us not scumhunting or not. Mmmm. You carry on with that; let
us
someone else know how that's going for you.

Didn't say you weren't scumhunting. I said you weren't really scumhunting. There's a difference. You lack a certain depth in your scumhunting that makes you look genuine, in addition to a real engagement with the game that makes me read you as scum. Don't think you can intimidate me or beat around the bush with this. I mean, at least you're not engaging in OMGU *looks at bottom of post* oh wait...silly me you are. :igmeou:

But, seriously, take a look at your reads list. What the hell is that? It's completely superficial, you're making cursory statements about people that don't delve into anything they've said or done. It's superficial. It's mechanical. It's scumposting. And, since you devolve into meta crap below...I know you can do better.

Tammy wrote:I don't know about Magua, I've only seen him as town.

To be entirely fair, Magua-head has never been scum, a record that remains unbroken to this day.[/quote]

You're being cheeky.[/quote]

MoI wrote:
- Tammy: She's not playing like she did in Good v Evil or in NY 145. NY 145 is a particularly interesting case because
I
some other person who is certainly not me was able to ascertain a townread on her within a few pages, and was able to do this in Good v Evil (though it took longer). Here, not feeling any of the things that made
me
this other person think Tammy-town thoughts.

It's interesting that I'm calling...mmmm...pretty much all the people voting us town. Oh, wait, not calling Tammy town.

More meta crap? Seriously people. My play style is not completely static and you need a larger sample size than 2 games to meta me from. Regfan can do it because we've played several games together and he's actually seen me play as scum and knows the damn difference. I can pretty much guarantee you that I have not played exactly the same in any two games as my play is largely dependent on my mood, my environment, other players and my certainty of my reads. The only thing you can be sure of is that I'll ask a bunch of questions, be active, write walls, and throw a temper tantrum or two. :good:

I'm rather surprised you want to compare Good and Evil to NY 146 anyway. Not sure how they do compare as one I was a late replacement into a slot widely considered to be a SK in NY146, so my approach to the game and attitude is going to be much different. And Good and Evil, didn't your slot remove your town read on me because I changed my mind on a scum read at the end of the day and you just couldn't figure out how I would do that? Although if you want to invoke past games, you should probably remember things like this can be looked up. Hmmm...*looks at Good and Evil*...interesting that your ISO post #9, which was the 184th post of the game called me town. So, wait how long did it take again?

Is one of the things that doesn't have you thinking of me as TammyTown the fact that I believe your hydra is scum? *pout* Both of you are two players that I actually enjoy playing with; it doesn't make me overly happy to see you both scumming up the place, but just because I enjoy playing with you doesn't mean I'm not going to call you out on being scum when I believe you are. You might have been able to get a correct town read on me in NY146 pretty quickly, but I also got a correct scum read on the other half of your head pretty quickly in that game as well.

Here's the thing MoI, I know that my efforts in proving you both as scum will probably fail. You'll probably be able to browbeat others to follow you into mislynching me before you guys ever get lynched. Hell, ask Spyrex, he'll probably join the party. But, I don't care...and I mean I don't care even less that I meant it when I said it to Spyrex the other night. And you won't even get the emotional reactions to it that Regfan said I'm known for while it happens. Because if my mislynch means that my suspicions are read genuinely to everyone else and it keeps you from coasting to endgame because for some reason everyone reads you as town when you're not, it will be worth it.

So, if you think I'm not town...vote me. What are you waiting for?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by Tierce »

You're talking with Magua, not Magna, chickadee. Note the lack of ellipsis with spaces before and after and the much more amicable, tongue-in-cheek tone.

(At least, I reckon you think you are speaking with Magna, due to "your other head" + "MoI".)
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by Tammy »

I knew I was talking with Magua...hence the I got a scum read on your other head in NY146. Magua was town, Magna was scum.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Post by Tammy »

Also, Magna was scum in that game...of course Magua is the one who got a town read on me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Post by Tammy »

No, the MoI in this case I'm considering as the entity MaguaofIllusion
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Also Alchemist; Dramonic is town, useless town that's focusing on flavour far too much. But still town. His reaction and annoyance towards people claiming is genuine and his interactions with Ludi don't work as partners. Plus while his 'i dont scumhunt i catch scum' line is stupid, it's moreso a snarky town-tell than anything else.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Post by Tammy »

Oh and Shift/FaraMina/Magua/MoI/Mith/Feysal/whateveryouwantocallyourself - What's the whole purpose of your push on Spyrex if you just can't figure out how to get a town read on me? If Spyrex is scum and so am I, then wouldn't Spyrex be bussing? So, what's your whole point of arguing with him about pushing on me for something exploitable then?
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:01 pm

In post 1059, Duplicity wrote:
What about her original posts changed from ‘Scum worthy of a vote’ to ‘No way no how scum’. I get that her recent posts (Last 3ish or so) have come across as somewhat townish and have weakened my scum read of her but that’s not what you’ve said.

Nothing changed about her posts. This head believes bad play tends to be town. Other head doesn't (lolhydradissonance). This head feels a certain need to re-evaluate this stance given Cooldog in Good v Evil, but in the meantime, I maintain that scum do not enter into a game with "Vote: Tammy" () followed up with, "Guys, Tammy is totes town" (). From singersigner-scum, particularly, I would not expect such a blatantly scummy statement like, "I've got al ist of people I want to lynch regardless of their alignment." It's just *asking* for trouble and attention.

Tammy wrote:Didn't say you weren't scumhunting. I said you weren't really scumhunting. There's a difference. You lack a certain depth in your scumhunting that makes you look genuine, in addition to a real engagement with the game that makes me read you as scum. Don't think you can intimidate me or beat around the bush with this. I mean, at least you're not engaging in OMGU *looks at bottom of post* oh wait...silly me you are. :igmeou:

But, seriously, take a look at your reads list. What the hell is that? It's completely superficial, you're making cursory statements about people that don't delve into anything they've said or done. It's superficial. It's mechanical. It's scumposting. And, since you devolve into meta crap below...I know you can do better.

Browbeating and intimidation is the domain of the other head. This head has free candy. And puppies. You just need to come into this van here.

Oh, you discovered my cleverly set up attack on you, so I could very subtly maneuver our vote onto you and secure your lynch. Well, piss and vinegar. Guess we'll have to think of something else.

Tammy wrote:
More meta crap? Seriously people. My play style is not completely static and you need a larger sample size than 2 games to meta me from. Regfan can do it because we've played several games together and he's actually seen me play as scum and knows the damn difference. I can pretty much guarantee you that I have not played exactly the same in any two games as my play is largely dependent on my mood, my environment, other players and my certainty of my reads. The only thing you can be sure of is that I'll ask a bunch of questions, be active, write walls, and throw a temper tantrum or two. :good:

Meta is the only reliable scumhunting tool.

I don't care about your play style being static. I do care about certain things that I believe I can read from your playstyle. I don't care about telling you about these things, because that would defeat the purpose. Cruel world, and all.

You may wish to give me links to games where you were scum, if you think it will prove your point. I may read them.

Tammy wrote:I'm rather surprised you want to compare Good and Evil to NY 146 anyway. Not sure how they do compare as one I was a late replacement into a slot widely considered to be a SK in NY146, so my approach to the game and attitude is going to be much different. And Good and Evil, didn't your slot remove your town read on me because I changed my mind on a scum read at the end of the day and you just couldn't figure out how I would do that? Although if you want to invoke past games, you should probably remember things like this can be looked up. Hmmm...*looks at Good and Evil*...interesting that your ISO post #9, which was the 184th post of the game called me town. So, wait how long did it take again?

We had an early townread on you that was totally eroded by your Zdenek interactions D1 (should be easily verifiable by looking at the end of our ISO). By the end of D1 with the lynch, we had you down as more likely scum than not. Reading you back as town only happened after we died (and I, personally, skipped reading most of D2 because
of Regfan
it sucked).

Not really sure what it is you're trying to prove here: that we can't read you? Or that we're lying about reading you? The first is more or less patently lulzy, with evidence that we-as-town feel that we can read you and post reads of you. The second, that we're simply lying about our ability to read you because we are scum and you are a Town Force That Cannot Be Stopped, is not an argument that is helped by you pointing at Good v Evil, because, again, that's an obvious indication of us-town saying that we can read you.

Tammy wrote:Is one of the things that doesn't have you thinking of me as TammyTown the fact that I believe your hydra is scum? *pout* Both of you are two players that I actually enjoy playing with; it doesn't make me overly happy to see you both scumming up the place, but just because I enjoy playing with you doesn't mean I'm not going to call you out on being scum when I believe you are. You might have been able to get a correct town read on me in NY146 pretty quickly, but I also got a correct scum read on the other half of your head pretty quickly in that game as well.

We OMGUS as a matter of course. It's easier. Less thinking required.

Our scumread on you is more an absence of a townread, something we have been able to get on you in the past. It's not, "Tammy did X, Y, Z, that's scummy," but "Tammy did not do A, B, C that are townie." You thinking we're scum doesn't even enter into the picture, as should be obviously evidenced by our raging townreads on pretty much everyone else who's bothering to vote us.

Tammy wrote:Here's the thing MoI, I know that my efforts in proving you both as scum will probably fail. You'll probably be able to browbeat others to follow you into mislynching me before you guys ever get lynched. Hell, ask Spyrex, he'll probably join the party. But, I don't care...and I mean I don't care even less that I meant it when I said it to Spyrex the other night. And you won't even get the emotional reactions to it that Regfan said I'm known for while it happens. Because if my mislynch means that my suspicions are read genuinely to everyone else and it keeps you from coasting to endgame because for some reason everyone reads you as town when you're not, it will be worth it.

1) If you die and flip town, you should be avidly (and I stress this, *avidly*) aware that dead townies' opinions are utterly ignored.
2) So, if you're town, you should fight our suspicion of you tooth and nail, and not go gently into that dark and wintry night.
3) We're pretty goddamn sure you know the above anyways, which makes this quoted paragraph seem like posturing.
4) We know for goddamn sure you're not the type to 1v1 on a whim, making the quoted paragraph above even more posturing.

We think you posturing is scummy.

(I say "we", because other head's not here in order to say no.)

Tammy wrote:So, if you think I'm not town...vote me. What are you waiting for?
[/quote]

We're too scared to vote you because then you'll die and flip town and everyone will go, "Oh noes, Tammy was right after all, and lynch us."
You're already providing content. Want Ludi (and SpyreX) to provide content. Or die. Seriously, this game is at 40 pages, but it's mostly because of like 8 or 9 people, and I really, really, really want content from the people *not* in the prolific group.

@Tierce:
You're the reason I can't have
nice things
fun.

Oh, almost forgot to sign my post.

-Tierce
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Post by implosion »

Don't see maguavotes.

One scumteam makes a lot more sense than two. If there's an SK, they probably have a nonstandard win condition too.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by implosion »

Dramonic is still a good vote. Magister ludi is a meh vote. Greyice is a meh vote.

Also, the blue number went up by two in a matter of about ten posts and four hours, so it's probably not activity-related.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Post by implosion »

Also.

See what I'm doing?

I'm making posts that don't take ten minutes to read.

You can all do this too and life will be much better for everyone.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:13 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Well this post should only take like 2 minutes to read,so..

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my whole list done, but I have a few of them done.

SCUM
Debonair Danny DiPietro: Blegh. Lurker I have the most issue with. The “GIVE SPYREX MY VOTE” comes 1) too soon, 2) allows DDD to blame spy for being wrong, 3) is illogical. Also, there is no reason why a person shouldn’t be concerned with the scum wincon. Any information Vi gives should be used for town’s advantage. Looking through his post, all I see is one-liners that don’t even relate to reads. The closest resemblance to a read is saying he’d vig dram if he had a vig. And that’s a threat, and there is no reason to say it unless you are going to vote them.

Leaning scum
Lady Lambdadelta: Where oh where did she go? Excuse me for being hypocritical, but my past experiences with LLD have always had her as super aggressive regardless of alignment. So that's weird but null. Immediate wagon analysis = pointless; there were better reasons to vote UN; She also seems to have a strong town read on Tammy; The full confidence in there being scum on the Tammy wagon is probably true (I think there were seven on it at the time; #’s suggest that at least one person would be on it) but also overly trusting given the short time span. On the positive, her response to Duplicity was very similar to mine, and, despite the fact that she’s focused on UN, she’s challenged other people (i.e. not craycray tunneler)

Null
13. Magister Ludi: I really don’t understand the case against him. That's really all I have on him. Dislike the vote off of alchemist and his justification for it.

Null
15. MathGirl277: Who? Hopefully replacement posts soon.

null
22. singersigner: Her vote fail is just as scummy as UN’s, regardless of her vacation. I also think it was hasty to call my statement a threat, and she is being overly defensive. Why establish a “IDGAF” attitude? Couldn’t you just say “I’m on vacation?” I don’t mind the fact that she’s busy and thus not active, but (what I meant by my alleged threat) if she continues to be inactive after her trip and continues to make excuses for bad plays, then we have a problem.

special
25. Tierce***: At a dilemma here. On the one hand, I thought Tierce’s reaction to OS’s gambit was terribad. And I had a scum read on her before that. However, the claiming definitely complicates matters. I have a town read on Glork, and as such have to accept that he indeed is being truthful about looking for Rolf (barring it being a gambit, double-scum fake-claim, or that for some strange reason Rolf is a fake claim but is still the person Glork is searching for). All the other possibilities sound like long shots and as such my Tierce read is suspended.

Leaning scum
UberNinja: I don’t think his mistake sounded genuine (reason I originally voted for him). I don’t think his reads are terrible, and my main complaint now is a matter of content.

NULL
Wyrd (Fate + Nuwen hydra): Need more from this slot. I expect more from something with Fate in it. Did I miss something with regards to a reason for the low activity?

Super town
29. Zdenek: good reads, good pushes; Hope the family emergency thing gets sorted out

So this is nowhere near done. I'll keep posting reads and then put the people in order from scummiest to towniest.

In any case
Unvote:Vote:DDD
. best vote for the reads I've done thus far.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Post by Tammy »

So much funsies all wrapped up in a ball of a stupid post...

In post 1068, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
Tammy wrote:

Meta is the only reliable scumhunting tool.

I don't care about your play style being static. I do care about certain things that I believe I can read from your playstyle. I don't care about telling you about these things, because that would defeat the purpose. Cruel world, and all.

You may wish to give me links to games where you were scum, if you think it will prove your point. I may read them.

Absolutely false. And a meta sample size of two is not near enough to get an adequate read on someone, especially if you do happen to be town and you think you're even close to being informed enough to read me as not town right now. I don't care what things you think you can read from my play style, as I know how incomplete your knowledge actually is. And considering the fact that I've been town in the past games we've played together, and am in fact town right now, there's nothing to tell me.

Couldn't care less about proving my point by referencing scum games. I've actually only played scum twice, so I don't even really have scum meta out there. I'm just telling you don't have enough information on me to read me adequately, and if you think you do then...

MaguayesIknowwatheadI'mtalkingto wrote:
Tammy wrote:I'm rather surprised you want to compare Good and Evil to NY 146 anyway. Not sure how they do compare as one I was a late replacement into a slot widely considered to be a SK in NY146, so my approach to the game and attitude is going to be much different. And Good and Evil, didn't your slot remove your town read on me because I changed my mind on a scum read at the end of the day and you just couldn't figure out how I would do that? Although if you want to invoke past games, you should probably remember things like this can be looked up. Hmmm...*looks at Good and Evil*...interesting that your ISO post #9, which was the 184th post of the game called me town. So, wait how long did it take again?

We had an early townread on you that was totally eroded by your Zdenek interactions D1 (should be easily verifiable by looking at the end of our ISO). By the end of D1 with the lynch, we had you down as more likely scum than not. Reading you back as town only happened after we died (and I, personally, skipped reading most of D2 because
of Regfan
it sucked).

Not really sure what it is you're trying to prove here: that we can't read you? Or that we're lying about reading you? The first is more or less patently lulzy, with evidence that we-as-town feel that we can read you and post reads of you. The second, that we're simply lying about our ability to read you because we are scum and you are a Town Force That Cannot Be Stopped, is not an argument that is helped by you pointing at Good v Evil, because, again, that's an obvious indication of us-town saying that we can read you.

You're throwing up incomplete information. You claimed it took longer to get a town read on me than the evidence actually shows. So, your town read on me eroded after my interaction with Zdenek. That shows just how much your ability to read me does, in fact, suck so thanks for pointing that out. Because if you knew anything about me and my meta and certain things you believe you can read from my playstyle you would have known that my entire interaction with Zdenek showed just how fucking town I was. As BB pointed out when he replaced in, and as Regfan pointed out when he replaced in. Oh and as Faraday pointed out when he replaced in.

But, your town read on me eroded at the moment that I was exhibiting the type of town meta that people who actually know my town meta would know I was obvtown for. You also decided I was likely scum because I changed my mind for what you thought was no reason on him being scum. He wasn't scum, and I realized at the end of our tunnel that I was reading him wrong. You thought I was scum because of it when I was actually being a conscientious town person and recognizing the fact that I could be wrong. Oh Okay, you're wonderful at reading me to not know that my reads aren't static and are subject to change.

Okay awesome, so you've just proven that you actually can't read me, so again thanks for pointing out your incomplete ability. In fact, in Good vs. Evil, when Faraday replaced in, he said I was easy to read as town, run a wagon on me and I flip the fuck out as town...it's something I can't fake as scum. Did you know this? I guess probably since you think you can read me so well. Oh wait, you think I'm not town right now...though I've actually exhibited behaviors that someone who
actually
knows my meta can testify. Okay you just keep patting yourself on the back for *not* being able to read me properly. Though since I believe you're scum and you know I'm town stretching too hard on this shouldn't be an issue.

I don't even know what you're trying to say or if you're even paying attention to what you're writing. You say you *can* read me and yet you point to a game in which I was town, in which you had an initial town read on me, then took back your town read on me because of interactions (that actually prove me as obtown to anyone who knows me) and then gave a retroactive town read on me after you died? I realize that I've had a glass of wine, but I don't think my comprehension is so impaired to think a whutthefuck is out of order.

I never once claimed to be some town force that can't be stopped, what the fuck are you even talking about? Another clear indication that you know nothing about me and probably shouldn't spout shit when you don't know what you're talking about. I'd say the fact that I've admitted in a game we've played together that I fuck up as town a lot is an indication that I don't believe I'm some force.

Maguawhere'smycandy? wrote:
Tammy wrote:Is one of the things that doesn't have you thinking of me as TammyTown the fact that I believe your hydra is scum? *pout* Both of you are two players that I actually enjoy playing with; it doesn't make me overly happy to see you both scumming up the place, but just because I enjoy playing with you doesn't mean I'm not going to call you out on being scum when I believe you are. You might have been able to get a correct town read on me in NY146 pretty quickly, but I also got a correct scum read on the other half of your head pretty quickly in that game as well.

We OMGUS as a matter of course. It's easier. Less thinking required.

Our scumread on you is more an absence of a townread, something we have been able to get on you in the past. It's not, "Tammy did X, Y, Z, that's scummy," but "Tammy did not do A, B, C that are townie." You thinking we're scum doesn't even enter into the picture, as should be obviously evidenced by our raging townreads on pretty much everyone else who's bothering to vote us.

Well considering that this happens to be TownTammy, doing things that I regularly do as town, I think this whole paragraph is pfffftttttt

SeriouslywantmycandyMagua wrote:
Tammy wrote:Here's the thing MoI, I know that my efforts in proving you both as scum will probably fail. You'll probably be able to browbeat others to follow you into mislynching me before you guys ever get lynched. Hell, ask Spyrex, he'll probably join the party. But, I don't care...and I mean I don't care even less that I meant it when I said it to Spyrex the other night. And you won't even get the emotional reactions to it that Regfan said I'm known for while it happens. Because if my mislynch means that my suspicions are read genuinely to everyone else and it keeps you from coasting to endgame because for some reason everyone reads you as town when you're not, it will be worth it.

1) If you die and flip town, you should be avidly (and I stress this, *avidly*) aware that dead townies' opinions are utterly ignored.
2) So, if you're town, you should fight our suspicion of you tooth and nail, and not go gently into that dark and wintry night.
3) We're pretty goddamn sure you know the above anyways, which makes this quoted paragraph seem like posturing.
4) We know for goddamn sure you're not the type to 1v1 on a whim, making the quoted paragraph above even more posturing.

We think you posturing is scummy.

(I say "we", because other head's not here in order to say no.)

1. Aware that most of the time people do this for some reason. Not me, but meh.
2. You profess to be able to read me and think for one second I wouldn't fight anyone's suspicion of me tooth and nail. You cite the two-week long argument I had with Zdenek and think anything about me goes gently into a dark and wintry night? And after he professed midgame that trying to get me lynched was a nightmare? :igmeou:
3. Acknowledging that the two of you are stronger than me and would probably be able to get me lynched before I'd be able to get you lynched has nothing to do with posturing. It's recognizing my own limitations within a game. But, good try.
4. I'm not really even sure what a 1v1 is. Is it a I vote you and you vote me thing? What the hell good does that kind of crap do? Okay but here's your candy for being able to figure out that I wouldn't plan to do something that, if I understand what you mean, would be stupid and pointless anyway.

FineIdon'twantyourstupidcandyMagua wrote:
Tammy wrote:So, if you think I'm not town...vote me. What are you waiting for?

We're too scared to vote you because then you'll die and flip town and everyone will go, "Oh noes, Tammy was right after all, and lynch us."
You're already providing content. Want Ludi (and SpyreX) to provide content. Or die. Seriously, this game is at 40 pages, but it's mostly because of like 8 or 9 people, and I really, really, really want content from the people *not* in the prolific group.

You're being cheeky again Magua, and you're insinuating things that I'm not implying. I like you better when you're just being rude and a bit snarky. That at least makes me laugh.

Why am I the only person you're really interacting with?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Post by Quilford »

vote toastytoast

Hurr.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”