Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2012 8:06 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

funniest role yet
~Toon fighter~
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2012 9:05 am

Post by Captain Haddock »

In post 3173, mafia-n00b wrote:
You are
Incredibly Full of Yourself
. Every post you make must include self-aggrandizing language. You are also a 1-shot vig, which you can use at any point by posting a long (500+ word) essay detailing why you're vigging the person you are and talking about how great you are and how smart you are to have found the scum and why everyone else is stupid for not having seen it sooner. You don't have to worry about pissing people off though, because you're bulletproof and lynchproof! You may not reveal your Post Restriction or your Powers. You win with town.

I could do that without that role pm.
MODNOTE: Has no actual Post Restriction or Powers; is actually a Vanilla Townie.

I don't usually like the roles that directly lie to the player like that but this is hilarious.

I suggested these in the fallout shelter.

You are an Evil Genie. If anyone targets you at night instead of doing whatever they would do, they get a quicktopic with you and 3 wishes. You can grant the wishes with an evil twist. You win if your master's faction loses.

You are a Genie. If anyone targets you at night instead of doing whatever they would do, they get a quicktopic with you and 3 wishes. You win if your master wishes for you to be free.
"If you don't want a doubled chance of being vanillarised lynch me or Deasvail"- Me. Who knew powering up scum was a valid tactic?
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2012 11:12 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

You are a
challenge seeker
! The first time another player states in thread that "XXX must be lynched/killed/vigged/investigated/etc", or a reasonable variant, you must post "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" within 6 hours of that post or be modkilled. I will determine if a challenge is valid or not. That is now your only goal in mind, and must be completed within a day/night phase. You win if you can complete 3 challenges in a row. NOTE: you have no actual powers
~Toon fighter~
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2012 11:23 am

Post by drmyshotgun »

In post 3177, Toon Fighter wrote:You are a
challenge seeker
! The first time another player states in thread that "XXX must be lynched/killed/vigged/investigated/etc", or a reasonable variant, you must post "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" within 6 hours of that post or be modkilled. I will determine if a challenge is valid or not. That is now your only goal in mind, and must be completed within a day/night phase. You win if you can complete 3 challenges in a row. NOTE: you have no actual powers

Sounds...Challenging!
My GTKAS!
100% Win Rate in Micro: 10 Games!!
Areso
Areso
Townie
Areso
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by Areso »

In post 3176, Captain Haddock wrote:I suggested these in the fallout shelter.

You are an Evil Genie. If anyone targets you at night instead of doing whatever they would do, they get a quicktopic with you and 3 wishes. You can grant the wishes with an evil twist. You win if your master's faction loses.

You are a Genie. If anyone targets you at night instead of doing whatever they would do, they get a quicktopic with you and 3 wishes. You win if your master wishes for you to be free.

Can the good Genie grant wishes, or do the wishes do nothing except for wishing the genie free?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

You have a Cursed Necklace of Doom.

If the game ends and you still have the cursed necklace, you lose, no matter what else happens.

During the day, you can try to give the necklace to someone else. The other person must say, in thread,
I accept the necklace
. You can claim whatever you want in order to get them to agree to do this. If they do, then they will lose whatever role they had before and will have now this role; they will be told of their new role that night.

If you do give away the necklace, then you become a survivor. You win if you give away the necklace and then live until the end of the game. Alternately, if more then half the people in the game are turned into survivors by being given the necklace and then successfully giving it away, the game is over and all the survivors win, and everyone else loses (of course, whoever ends up with the cursed necklace at the end of the game still loses).
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
knox
knox
Goon
knox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2012 11:46 pm

Post by knox »

You are
Split Personality Guy A

You can only post on Odd Days in thread. You are to use this Alt to play the game with your other personality who you share this QT with. Each Odd Day you play however you like but because your personality disappears on Even Days you can’t read those game days.

However there is a bit of hope, each night you and your other personality sometimes get together to chat but it doesn’t last very long. You can post up to 100 words to each other each night in your QT.

Technically you don’t really know this actually happens so you can’t mention it to other players in game.
You win with Town/Scum

Mod Note – Make one town and the other scum. Maybe give the town personality some power, 1-shot? Could give each of them different in game post restriction but that could be overkill. If they die they win with whichever personality was in control on said day win con.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:03 am

In post 3179, Areso wrote:
In post 3176, Captain Haddock wrote:I suggested these in the fallout shelter.

Can the good Genie grant wishes
, or do the wishes do nothing except for wishing the genie free?

Yeah.
"If you don't want a doubled chance of being vanillarised lynch me or Deasvail"- Me. Who knew powering up scum was a valid tactic?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:25 am

Post by Timeater »

bored

You are a
Henpecker
. Once per night you can target a player. If the same player is Henpecked 3 times in the game, they lose any powers they have and become a vanilla villager/goon. Players henpecked are told so during the night.

You are a
Mountebank
. When investigated, you will randomly appear innocent or guilty. When investigated by a rolecop, you will randomly appear as any role in the game besides Mountebank. You are immune to nightkills. If the town wins the game, you win and their wincon is superseded.

You are a
Nuclear Satellite Weapons Platform (NSWP)
. At the start of every day, the town receives a message saying "5,4,3,2,1,0 days untill planetary annihilation". When the timer hits 0, everyone in the game is daykilled (except you =p). Also, during the night, you are privy to the the target of the scum nightkill. If you wish, you may redirect it to a player of your choosing. You win when you are the last player standing.
Last edited by Timeater on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
watch for the eggshells
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:00 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

What happens if NSWP dies?
~Toon fighter~
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:08 am

Post by Timeater »

The town/mafia doesnt get obliterated? :P
watch for the eggshells
Lance
Lance
Goon
Lance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:52 am

Post by Lance »

You are a
Usurper
, a third-party player whose sole purpose in the game is to lynch the moderator. If you can convince enough players to join the wagon and get the moderator lynched, you will become the new moderator for the remainder of the game. No matter what happens after that, you walk away from the game with a victory. Failure to lynch the moderator will result in a loss for you even if you survive the game.

You are a
Buckshot Rolecop
. Every night, you select three players to investigate. You will receive accurate results from the moderator, but you will not know which result is for which player. An example of an investigation result would be, "You investigated Player A, Player B, and Player C. One of them is a Vanilla Townie, one of them is a Town Tracker, and one of them is a Mafia Goon." [Can be either Town or Scum]
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:54 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Buckshot Rolecop could actually be a nice role if used well.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

There was an "Imprecise Multi-Tracker" in Paranoia Mafia, which is basically a Buckshot Rolecop translated to being a Tracker instead. (They were scum, and not allowed to investigate their buddies; same restriction needs to be placed on a scum Buckshot Rolecop for what I hope are obvious reasons.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The Following Role was created and engineered by the cooperative efforts of PokerFace and AurorusVox

You are a
Zombie
. You are a survivor with a very special twist. There are X players in this game. If you do not post for a period of Y hours, the amount of votes required for a lynch will become equal to (X-1)/2. Essentially the more you lurk, the less votes will be needed to get a lynch. And the faster lynches happen, the greater your chances of reaching the end of the game, right? WRONG! While you are lurking like this, I will not prod you and should anybody outside the game PM me and want to replace you, I will let them. If you get replaced, you will effectively loose the game. Complete the game without dying or getting replaced and all things will be awesome! Good luck

The role may require some level of night/day deathproof to go along with the time at which you are lurking for more balance but this is the basic rough design of the role in light of the game linked here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22121
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:40 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

You are the
Fire master !
You love the fire so much, to watch it spread, grow, transform. You could spend hours looking at it...
Each night you may douse a player with gasoline, in order to set them on fire later. MWAHAHA, you're so evil! But, unfortunately, you have no matches, and no way to light them on fire. You win if you can overcome your psychological problems and surrender to the police.

Variant:
(...) Each night you may douse a player with gasoline, in order to set them on fire later. MWAHAHA, you're so evil! You can, instead, choose to light them on fire at any given night. However, if you choose to do that, you will be watching the fire for the rest of the night, and will of course be found guilty/dead the next morning (50% each). You win if you manage to burn at least three people at the same time.
~Toon fighter~
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:03 am

Post by saulres »

In post 3190, Toon Fighter wrote:surrender to the police.

That bit inspired me.

You are a
guilty murderer
. You begin the game as a Serial Killer. The first time you make a nightkill, you are filled with regret and swear off the killing. Each subsequent night you may investigate one player to determine if they are a cop. If they are, the
next
night you may turn yourself into them. You win if you do so. The rest of the game continues.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:38 am

You are the cop who wants promotion. Once per a day you have to ask at least 1 person if they're a cop. If you are alive and the cop dies from a nightkill You are promoted and win.

This is reminiscent of someone's play in a marathon game...
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

You are
Quote Master

You can only communicate in thread by quoting other people. You cannot vote, say anything other than what others have said. If you are caught rigging your quotes by making changes to the original post, you will be modkilled at that instant. You win with the Town.

Thinking this may have been done before already.
My GTKAS!
100% Win Rate in Micro: 10 Games!!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

You are a
Random Reflexive Jack-of-all-Trades

When someone targets you at night, you will randomly target them with one of the following power roles:

Cop
Rolecop
Tracker
Watcher
Follower
Voyeur
FBI Agent
Gunsmith
Bladesmith
Flavour Cop
Doctor
Bodyguard
Jailkeeper
Roleblocker
Rolestopper
Neighbouriser
Vigilante
Framer
Tailor
Inventor
Janitor
Backup

You win when all threats to the town are removed, and at least one town player is alive.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:40 am

Post by saulres »

Inspired by Tasty Planet

You are
Grey Goo
. For you to win, all lynches must be in the order of the length of their user-names, starting with the shortest. This includes yourself. Each night, whether alive or dead, you may make one kill to help you towards you goal. You lose if anyone who's lynched is not in this order.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:47 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

In post 3181, knox wrote:
You are
Split Personality Guy A

You can only post on Odd Days in thread. You are to use this Alt to play the game with your other personality who you share this QT with. Each Odd Day you play however you like but because your personality disappears on Even Days you can’t read those game days.

However there is a bit of hope, each night you and your other personality sometimes get together to chat but it doesn’t last very long. You can post up to 100 words to each other each night in your QT.

Technically you don’t really know this actually happens so you can’t mention it to other players in game.
You win with Town/Scum

Mod Note – Make one town and the other scum. Maybe give the town personality some power, 1-shot? Could give each of them different in game post restriction but that could be overkill. If they die they win with whichever personality was in control on said day win con.

The thing is, i would actually want this role. Really badly. You have no idea.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:49 am

How do you stop someone reading the main game thread?
scum
town
knox
knox
Goon
knox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:37 am

Post by knox »

It would just be the honour system but all games are dependent on that to some degree.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:08 am

It's pretty hard to do even if you're trying. (How do you odd-day ISO someone, for instance?)
scum
town

Return to “Mafia Discussion”