Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Since you're going into meta Oversoul, do you think Tierce's play resembles Pony Mafia or PYP Redux mafia, both where you were town and she was scum?

And how come you never gave me your read on Speedily Teleporting Hippos (from mars tm).
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 475, Magister Ludi wrote:Since you're going into meta Oversoul, do you think Tierce's play resembles Pony Mafia or PYP Redux mafia, both where you were town and she was scum?

And how come you never gave me your read on Speedily Teleporting Hippos (from mars tm).

Because I was more concerned with your failing to realize the town wincondition and the scum wincondition.

Right now I think that hydra is town.

I think it resembles neither since Pony Mafia Tierce was very new scum and PYP Redux Mafia I never really gave Tierce much thought because I thought she was roleconfirmed.

I think she resembles Paranoia Mafia to the t, though.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Post by Glork »

Elaborate?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 455, Oversoul wrote:You're going to have to do more than this.

I don’t think so.

In post 455, Oversoul wrote:Oh god. Are you one of THOSE players? ;_;

Apparently?

~~

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Toasty

~~

You know what I don’t like personally; people overly concerned with the scum win condition. Maybe it’s just me and maybe it’s a mistake but I really don’t care about the scum win condition; I want scum dead, which means my win condition is met, game over, victory. (I’m seeing Gamma and Alchemist as the two people who most irritate me in this regard from a few quick searches.)
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 477, Glork wrote:Elaborate?

Paranoia Mafia - she played dumb town
Paranoia Mafia - she bussed me early day 1 over something miniscule (I said I didn't read the role Pm or something like that)
Paranoia Mafia - she backed down off voting me once others pressured her + came to my defense

Mafia Behind the Maiden - she is "confused" about something that is pretty clear (roles = characters = players)
Mafia Behind the Maiden - she is going after Quilford for something rather miniscule, a mastinesque list of reads
Mafia Behind the Maiden - she backed down off Quilford after people called him town + started pressuring her
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Post by Oversoul »

CES + Empking + Nobody Special, I'll post very little and mostly watch type of player
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Toasty, suspecting one player that has a wagon on them is something I understand sSince generally a player has to be scummy to attain a wagon however suspecting ONLY three players and ALL three of those players being the lead vote-getters reads as scum jumping on any of the wagon-eees and not scumhunting. Also it's possible for scum to change their meta. But it's not easy, it's actually incredibly difficult to change your meta and make it genuine and believable.

Alchemist, I've searched. But no. You're wrong on Glork. Him throwing his weight around and jumping on a player to just end up doing a-turn-around on them like he did with Tierce matches his town play to a tee and his actual willingness to hesitate and consider that he's wrong about you and that your aggression and phrasing of things was more-so a player-style-tell rather than anything else should be more than enough proof that he's town; As scum he can easily attribute whatever actions you've done to pure 'scumminess' rather than anything else and his vote on Toasty isn't 'predatory' by any means, it's merely voting someone for dropping a rather significant scum-tell (Only suspecting players who have wagons already). Anyway cutting down on posting is a good idea.

Ludi, Timeater is a player that often drops logic and goes after gut a lot as well as throwing himself into the lime-light, it's something that makes him attacked by scum a lot more because they wrongly consider him as mslynch material which isn't actually the case because he normally town-tells enough at the end of the day to prevent the lynch. And no the amount of real solid information or thoughts to fluff in your ISO is little.

In post 455, Oversoul wrote:
In post 402, Duplicity wrote:Also I found the phrasing of 'one MAYBE two people stood out as townies that need their hand held' as incredibly awkward.

In what way?

In the way that the usage of 'townies' rather than 'players' made me pause on it. I pointed it out to Shift and said I thought it was you slipping and he agreed it's a weird phrasing but didn't think it was a slip and that I was associating more strength to it then it deserved. It's trivial now though because I've found your last few posts specifically the talk about win-conditions and the reasoning behind your scum read on Tierce as town-tells though I think your scum read on Tierce is ignoring a great deal of things that make her fairly obvtown including her reaction/genuiness to being voted alongside her unpromopted soft-claim.

In post 454, Nikanor wrote:
Duplicity wrote:Glork, this is what Timeater is like as town. Read 1 or 2 of your games and you'll notice so.
Didn't you JUST say that Tim is read as town as either alignment when playing by his old meta?

Yes, his scum play is by no means weak (I tried to go hunting for a scum game of his to explain this but they all seem to have been tiger eaten except one where he never even posted) however there's a difference between his town and scum play in terms of how much he throws himself out there, as town he really cares very little about his appearance and attacks whoever he thinks is scum regardless of the consequences (Example: Glork/SpyreX).
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 481, Duplicity wrote:her fairly obvtown including her reaction/genuiness to being voted alongside her unpromopted soft-claim.

Oh, that's another thing you reminded me.

I don't find that softclaim town at all.

I want to hear Tierce's response to everything before I reveal why though.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:19 pm

In post 480, Oversoul wrote:

CES +
Empking + Nobody Special
, I'll post very little and mostly watch type of player

Did I run over your cat in my car or something for you to spit such vile invective at me?

I just try and be what any given town needs, this one certainly doesn't need more alpha personalities nor does it need more assholes posting giant walls most people are going to ignore so if that's what you're expecting you're not going to get it.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Post by Oversoul »

You think I'm an asshole?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:29 pm

In post 484, Oversoul wrote:You think I'm an asshole?

I think anyone who makes a post that is 16 pages long when posted into Word is an asshole.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Was it really that big?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Hmm... Im sorry about that. :3
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

In post 481, Duplicity wrote:Ludi, Timeater is a player that often drops logic and goes after gut a lot as well as throwing himself into the lime-light, it's something that makes him attacked by scum a lot more because they wrongly consider him as mslynch material which isn't actually the case because he normally town-tells enough at the end of the day to prevent the lynch.
And no the amount of real solid information or thoughts to fluff in your ISO is little.

Why are you limiting it to scum? I am town, find his play to be highly weird and scummy for which I've detailed, and have presented reasons why.

And, Can you actually prove the bolded statement above, because I am calling baloney on it. Then, I would like you to show me the multitude of other players who actually fit your standards.

It's trivial now though because I've found your last few posts specifically the talk about win-conditions ... town tells [in regards to oversoul]

This looks manufactured totally. What are you even talking about here.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 479, Oversoul wrote:

Paranoia Mafia - she bussed me early day 1 over something miniscule (I said I didn't read the role Pm or something like that)
Paranoia Mafia - she backed down off voting me once others pressured her + came to my defense

Mafia Behind the Maiden - she is "confused" about something that is pretty clear (roles = characters = players)
Mafia Behind the Maiden - she is going after Quilford for something rather miniscule, a mastinesque list of reads
Mafia Behind the Maiden - she backed down off Quilford after people called him town + started pressuring her

First point is tangential at best.
I'm looking at Paranoia and failing to see where she's playing dumb. She's doing a lot of question-asking, but that's not remotely the same as playing dumb. (Note: She's not shoving an onslaught of questions down players' throats here.) If you're talking about something specific she did early in Paranoia to feign ignorance, please link me the post(s) specifically.

Second point I can see; it's also why I suspected her pretty significantly early on. Her going after Quil was just awful.

Third point can go either way. Either town or scum could find motivation to move off of a bad vote. Heck, I've changed my mind mulitple times already.

Mostly, though, Tierce's
tone
is completely different here than it was in Paranoia. She's more indignant here, whereas her posts from Paranoia seem... calculated? TierceTown generally doesn't give a rat's ass how she is percieved. TierceScum has to.

I'm still not buying TierceScum right now. I'm willing to consider the possibility that her scumplay is evolving more rapidly than I'd expect, but I really don't think she's the play right now.

Incidentally, Oversoul, what is your opinion of ToastyToast?

PEdit: Less random spamposts, please. This thread is already getting way too big way too quickly, and scum are going to use it as an excuse to hide in the shadows.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm going to read this tomorrow.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by Oversoul »

She pulled this gambit where she counterclaimed a doc given an item an inventor gave her that basically acted like a doctor and then when pressured on it she stated she didn't think the role could exist given that power.

Also, she engineered a townslip in that game by making a fake note to look at the bandwagon's iso. It is in the early part of the scum QT (she asks me to stop pressuring her and says I should use that slip as reasoning) so it is very possible that her "confusion" isn't confusion at all.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Damn it, I forgot to add this into the last post, but I think Toasty is town. He has similar opinions that I have about people and the tone of his posts doesn't feel fake.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Post by Duplicity »

In post 488, Magister Ludi wrote:Why are you limiting it to scum? I am town, find his play to be highly weird and scummy for which I've detailed, and have presented reasons why.

It's not limited to scum but it is more common from scum than town. I found most of your reasoning for him being scum to be complete shit.

In post 488, Magister Ludi wrote:And, Can you actually prove the bolded statement above, because I am calling baloney on it. Then, I would like you to show me the multitude of other players who actually fit your standards.

Sure. I find throwing yourself in to be active but not actually taking many stances or stating many reads or conclusions to be one of the bigger scum-tells there is, because it generally comes from scum that don't want to be called 'lurkers' and voted for that and they seem to think that throwing in a question here and there and commenting on something that is useless (ie. UN's RVS vote) to be town-tells when they're not. #62, #240, #318, #329, #331, #373, #379, #452, #462 are the only posts of yours that I'd consider as decent or legimtimate, the rest are mostly commenting on miniscule things and asking questions that lead towards no analsis or conclusion. That's 10/38 posts and most of those are just vote/FoS posts.

Truthfully, there's probably 2-3 other players that also have done similar things but none of them to the extent you have.

In post 488, Magister Ludi wrote:This looks manufactured totally. What are you even talking about here.

I thought it was fairly self-explanatory but I guess not. I find Oversouls "You shouldn't be confused since you'd have the town win condition so you know which is the scum one" angle of questioning to be a relatively decent town-tell, it's not an angle I see him looking for and pressing as scum and that combined which his reasoning for suspecting Tierce making some sense makes me lean lean towards him being town.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 453, Magister Ludi wrote:Gamma's 447 is also a pretty good find. I don't think singersinger really knows what she is saying here. She puts down a vote on Tammy, and then a few hours (~15) later seemingly forgets where it is, calls tammy super town, and decides to call SpyreX, who was also on the Tammy wagon, scum, and Magua, scum, (who knows why) but doesn't shift her vote to either of them.

I liked that post by Gamma too, but I haven't gone back to re-read singer yet.

In post 468, singersigner wrote:Alright, at this point I'm just gunna say see you on Wednesday because I'm just clearly not into this game right now. I'm too addicted to not having threads "unread" and my inbox clean. -_-

@Mod...V/LA til Wednesday

Cheers.

Preview Edit:
ffs, I can't even...NOT RESPONDING NOW SEE YOU LATER BAI.

:?

In post 479, Oversoul wrote:

I like this too.

I was about to say "what about PARANOIA MAFIA" but then Oversoul leapt to the plate and I didn't have to say shit.
Fuckin' a right, Oversoul... thumbs :up:

In post 483, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 480, Oversoul wrote:

CES +
Empking + Nobody Special
, I'll post very little and mostly watch type of player

Did I run over your cat in my car or something for you to spit such vile invective at me?

I just try and be what any given town needs, this one certainly doesn't need more alpha personalities nor does it need more assholes posting giant walls most people are going to ignore so if that's what you're expecting you're not going to get it.

This post is diamonds.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 452, Magister Ludi wrote:
Uberninja wrote:I don't like the Alchemist votes. They're disingenuous and lazy.

I beg to differ. Why are you calling them disingenuous and lazy? Do you take issue with any other votes so far in the game?

I don't think he's scum. Therefore I don't like the votes.

As for why they're disingenuous and lazy:
In post 20, MathGirl277 wrote:VOTE: Alchemist

Soulsucking avatars are not very town.

Vote tag fixed. ~Vi

This one's so lazy that she didn't even bother to post again and re-vote when her vote tags were broken.

In post 325, Nikanor wrote:As for Alchemist... have you read his posts? Go through his iso, ignoring the picture (glorified iioa btw), and tell me how you don't find him scummy.

I was going to hold off on switching my votes for a bit to avoid the whole "he's switching his vote because he's getting flak for it!" bullshit that's inevitably going to erupt from
somebody
's mouth before I realised that I don't give a fuck.
Mentioning this means that nobody's going to use it against me right right?

Unvote. Vote: Alchemist.

Voting Alchemist for "go through his iso and tell me how you don't find him scummy" is lazy as fuck.

In post 329, Magister Ludi wrote:317 makes a Tammy lynch unappealing at the moment.

Unvote
Vote: Alchemist

+++ signal to noise ratio, he's got 25 (fifth most) posts and little to show for it.

This one's self explanatory, but I'll explain it anyway. Voting because somebody's "posting a lot without saying anything" is better than the previous two votes, but it's still nowhere near up to what I'd consider voting somebody for, especially in this lively posting/voting climate.

So, disingenuousness it is.

In post 381, Nexus wrote:Arghleblarghleflarghle this game exploded.

Just posting to get it in my view new posts and to let you all know I'm here.

Zdenek has, imo, made sense so far. Not liking Alchemist, a lot of fluff posting for the amount of posts he's made.

VOTE: Alchemist

Semi away until Tuesday evening now.

This is the only post Nexus had made thus far, about 400 posts into the game (and it's still the only vote he's made).
If that's not a fucking lazy vote I don't know what is.

The vote is for the same reason as Magister Ludi's, being the signal-to-noise ratio.

Have either of these players done any meta on Timeater to find out whether it's the norm as town or scum? No, apparently not. Which means both previous votes are even lazier.

In post 382, Glork wrote:At work. Have not read last 2-3 pages much at all. Jumping Alchemist wagon for this alone.

Vote: Alchemist

By "this alone" he means post 380 by Alchemist, which I found dripping with pro-town sarcasm at best, and mildly entertaining at worst.

The "have not read the last 2-3 pages much at all" is lazy. And jumping on a 4-person wagon for a single post, after making absolutely no alignment-indicative posts about Alchemist beforehand, is very possible disingenuous.

Hope this helps! :D
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Post by UberNinja »

very possibly*
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:26 pm

Post by Tierce »

'Morning.

In post 430, ToastyToast wrote:leaning scum:
UN, Tammy, Tierce

null: everyone else.

The three starting/main wagons? No visible intent to actually get reads elsewhere or push your scumreads?

Rope pl0x.

UNVOTE: Tammy
VOTE: ToastyToast
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Post by Tierce »

Late to the party, it seems. Buuut it's a good wagon.

In post 440, ToastyToast wrote:
In post 437, Glork wrote:
In post 434, ToastyToast wrote:Did you not get from my first post that there were three people I found suspicious. Good God the stupidity.

Your top three suspicion list is literally a steaming bowl of shit.

How do expect me to respond to this? Would you prefer I just make up some scumreads on people who aren't being voted? I don't think my scumreads are shitty, and so I'm keeping them. The three of them are in a circle of "I know you before this game" and "I am like this in other games" and I don't like it. To me this is the singlemost suspicious thing in the game thus far. I'm sorry you don't like them, but quite frankly I think its a pretty damn good lead to start with this early into the game.

I mean, seriously, wtf is this? So we've played/read each other before, and that's suspicious? (You're in for a loop with me, I've read a
lot
of games for my join date.) You're not even trying to figure out who is scummier of the set? You have no comments on anything else? 'This early in the game' being page 20? We may be close to the start chronology-wise, but you find nothing else to comment on?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 453, Magister Ludi wrote:Gamma's 447 is also a pretty good find. I don't think singersinger really knows what she is saying here. She puts down a vote on Tammy, and then a few hours (~15) later seemingly forgets where it is, calls tammy super town, and decides to call SpyreX, who was also on the Tammy wagon, scum, and Magua, scum, (who knows why) but doesn't shift her vote to either of them.

And she also said she didn't feel like mafia-ing, so that post is more of a "general feelings, will be back later" than "here is all my commentary and current reads". She's trying to participate with what she has.

Having met singer and knowing how she's been feeling recently, I think this is neither surprising nor scummy; instead it's a bit of a towntell.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”