UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by UberNinja »

no, I was pointing out how all you deserve was sarcasm. i really tried to write a better replacement answer for that, and sarcasm was all i came up with (again), so i stopped trying.

also: "has the backbone to say no to a terrible wagon" =/= "is the backbone of the resistance to a terrible wagon"

c'mon SpyreX, keep up
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 423, SpyreX wrote:Dont even care about saying Tammy is town even if I disagree.

The fact you've latched onto this UN thing when AT BEST it was pretty clear it was a lynch of necessity that may hit scum versus SCUM FOUND says something.

The fact you think you're the "backbone" when it looks like Tammy has waaay more of a fanclub then that slot deserves also says something.

How about this deal SpyreX:

If Tammy flips town, you sheep me tomorrow.

If Tammy flips scum, I'll sheep you until I die (which I don't expect to be long if she's scum, but thems the bones).

Take it or leave it, because I have you read as town, and I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you any longer.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh that whole post was at LLD not you UN.

You've been drunk on cheese whiz but, like I said, pulled a secret town tell TM thats enough I'm ok with you for the time being.

I'm really waiting for the Tammy-smarm and sarcasm is you go girl and the UN-smarm and sarcasm is THE SCUM though.

--------

Errrr considering Tammy's not getting lynched that's a blue moon nonsense business.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 427, SpyreX wrote:I'm really waiting for the Tammy-smarm and sarcasm is you go girl and the UN-smarm and sarcasm is THE SCUM though.

Is it bad that I can't understand a lick of this sentence?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Nah its pretty normal apparently.

Just look at it cross eyed and remember I'm bitter and it'll make sense
Show

Proud member of BaM
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

@Duplicity: Why do I need to comment on other people in my first post of the game? What about focussing on three people who were already being highly discussed is bad? I already explained that I think there is a connection between the three, and whether or not they were seen as the most suspicious at the time is irrelevant. If I see three people and find their actions between each other suspicious, then I'm going to focus on them. Not to mention that its the
first
post I made. There's no way I'm going to have enough information for every single player, nor would going through every single player be worthwhile, as it would look something like this:

leaning scum:
UN, Tammy, Tierce

null: everyone else.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

duplicity wrote:- The Tammy wagon is wrong, I know where it's coming from but it's just wrong. I've played with her quite a bit off-site and while Tammy is a very analytical player she reacts poorly towards being voted or suspected as town, it's just her M-O she tends to consider each vote on her as an insult in some form and her emotional outburst is extremely town. Also the "You're so awesome at reading me" to SpyreX is explained enough by her mention of SpyreX misreading her previously in #82 and actually makes quite a bit of sense.

If someone know there meta, then they can manipulate. Thats the main problem I have with all the BS meta defenses people are getting this game.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Post by Glork »

Major FoS: ToastyToast
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 430, ToastyToast wrote:@Duplicity: Why do I need to comment on other people in my first post of the game? What about focussing on three people who were already being highly discussed is bad? I already explained that I think there is a connection between the three, and whether or not they were seen as the most suspicious at the time is irrelevant. If I see three people and find their actions between each other suspicious, then I'm going to focus on them. Not to mention that its the
first
post I made. There's no way I'm going to have enough information for every single player, nor would going through every single player be worthwhile, as it would look something like this:

leaning scum:
UN, Tammy, Tierce

null: everyone else.

soooooooo everyone who's a viable wagon

unvote; vote: ToastyToast

kill this with copious amounts of the burny stuff
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Did you not get from my first post that there were three people I found suspicious. Good God the stupidity.

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Post by singersigner »

Yeah ok I didn't really feel like mafia-ing today so not really sure why I promised I'd add commentary hours ago. Oh well.

SpyreX is scummy because he's been the most noticeable pusher of Tammy who's obviously town and I think he's either stupid for it or trying to push for a seemingly easy mislynch. ... I don't think he's stupid.

Uuuh...no guarantees that I'll get around to it tomorrow but chances are higher since I'll want to do it before I won't be able to at all on Tuesday. Cross your fingers.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count II:
Boyd and Mist
:right: Tammy (L-9) ~ dramonic, Oman, Tierce, SpyreX, singersigner, Debonair Danny DiPietro
Alchemist (L-10) ~ MathGirl277, Nikanor, Magister Ludi, Nexus, Glork
Tierce (L-12) ~ Quilford, Tammy, MaguaofIllusion,
UberNinja

UberNinja (L-12) ~ Lady Lambdadelta, Teleporting Speed Hippos, ToastyToast
ToastyToast (L-12) ~ Haze, Duplicity, UberNinja
Magister Ludi (L-13) ~ Alchemist, Wyrd
Hinduragi (L-14) ~ Zdenek,
Glork

Nikanor (L-14) ~ Hinduragi
Katsuki (L-14) ~ Gammagooey
Wyrd (L-15) ~
Wyrd

Haze (L-15) ~
Gammagooey

implosion (L-15) ~
Duplicity

Not Voting:
implosion, Katsuki,
Nexus,
Oversoul, GreyICE

-Katsuki is being prodded...

--With 29 alive, it takes 15 to lynch.

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 434, ToastyToast wrote:Did you not get from my first post that there were three people I found suspicious. Good God the stupidity.

Your top three suspicion list is literally a steaming bowl of shit.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by Glork »

In fact,
Vote: ToastyToast

This guy's the play today. I promise. Everyone sheep me before it's too late!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Glork »

Bee Tee Dubs, UN, note that Alchemist is the omission of his top three.

I swear to god, if Toasty dies as scum, Alchemist is getting lynched/vigged immediately.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 437, Glork wrote:
In post 434, ToastyToast wrote:Did you not get from my first post that there were three people I found suspicious. Good God the stupidity.

How do expect me to respond to this? Would you prefer I just make up some scumreads on people who aren't being voted? I don't think my scumreads are shitty, and so I'm keeping them. The three of them are in a circle of "I know you before this game" and "I am like this in other games" and I don't like it. To me this is the singlemost suspicious thing in the game thus far. I'm sorry you don't like them, but quite frankly I think its a pretty damn good lead to start with this early into the game.

Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by Alchemist »

In all fairness to Toast I immediately saw the null:everyone else bit and was about to vote him then actually read what he said.

YO GLORK, PREDATORY MUCH?

Vote: Glork
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Alchemist, the longer your vote remains on Glork the more baby Jesus weeps.

In post 430, ToastyToast wrote:@Duplicity: Why do I need to comment on other people in my first post of the game? What about focussing on three people who were already being highly discussed is bad? I already explained that I think there is a connection between the three, and whether or not they were seen as the most suspicious at the time is irrelevant. If I see three people and find their actions between each other suspicious, then I'm going to focus on them. Not to mention that its the
first

leaning scum: UN, Tammy, Tierce null: everyone else.

Okay 1) Stating that their connection is 'weird' can be said about almost any 3 players if you pull them up so you attempting to use that as further reasoning behind why your reads on them is good is stupid. 2) The players you had scum-reads on had wagons on them, stating you suspect them and jumping on is what scum can do easily because it doesn't really put them in the spotlight and allows them to move from a large wagon to another large wagon if needed and 3) Stating that you'd have NO reads elsewhere at all is bullshit, you're saying that you'd have no scum/town inklings whatsoever which is near impossible.

In post 431, ToastyToast wrote:If someone know there meta, then they can manipulate. Thats the main problem I have with all the BS meta defenses people are getting this game.

I've heard this logic used a lot, it's wrong. While a person can change their meta it's hard to do so genuinely.

In post 439, Glork wrote:Bee Tee Dubs, UN, note that Alchemist is the omission of his top three. I swear to god, if Toasty dies as scum, Alchemist is getting lynched/vigged immediately.

You're missing the context. His 3 scum reads of Tammy/UN/Tierce were created about 8ish or so pages ago when there was no wagon on Alchemist meaning his scum-reads were on the wagons that occurred then, not now meaning there's no connection between his FoS's and Alchemist.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Unvote, Vote: Toasty
Show

Proud member of BaM
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 442, Duplicity wrote:
In post 439, Glork wrote:Bee Tee Dubs, UN, note that Alchemist is the omission of his top three. I swear to god, if Toasty dies as scum, Alchemist is getting lynched/vigged immediately.

You're missing the context. His 3 scum reads of Tammy/UN/Tierce were created about 8ish or so pages ago when there was no wagon on Alchemist meaning his scum-reads were on the wagons that occurred then, not now meaning there's no connection between his FoS's and Alchemist.

Duly noted.

Still, the shit top 3 is a bona fide scumtell. Toasty dies first.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Alchemist »

Good. I never liked baby Jesus anyway.

Note Glork's play towards me the past few pages. He thinks I'm a bothersome bit of dandruff he can sweep off his shoulder. Well guess what. I ain't no dandruff. I'm a bloodsucking mite carrying lethal diseases that will never let go. :3 IMO the Toasty thing is just a nice distraction from his evasive/scummy play. He latched on to it desperately. Even throwing his weight around a little with "Everyone sheep me before it's too late!" But thats just my opinion. Dup, search your feelings. Stop making excuses for Glork's play. There is a reason for it. And ANYWAY. Thanks for reminding me. I'm starting to post too much, aren't I? Sorry. My best scumreads are Ludi, Glork, and Spyre.

I got some extremely strong townreads but I wont list them atm. If you read through my ISO you can probably figure out who they are. Okay. Now that thats out of the way, I've said what I've wanted to say - I wont post for a day or so. There. Not gonna spam the thread. Ohhmmm. Ohmmm. Ohmmm.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Alchemist wrote:1. nikanor only posts when mentioned (which hints at tactical lurking) and comes out of the blue with weak RVS shit nobody cares about. throw in the predatory omgus/semi-buddying on ludi and you have a decent chance of scum

Predatory OMGUS? Semi-buddying? lol. Anybody who tries to use these tells seriously is scum, regardless of alignment.
Point 1: The game had been open for about 18 hours(?) when I first posted. I posted as soon as I was able; the fact that I was mentioned on that page is a coincidence. The fact that you're trying to pass that off as a scumtell means you lack either a brain or a town role PM. I'm leaning toward the latter. Consider it a compliment.
Point 2: I've posted that I had a reason for voting UberNinja, meaning my vote was neither random nor part of the RVS. But of course, you don't care about that, you only care about scrounging up whatever you can to me look scummy, so you're still saying that my vote was a part of the RVS.
Alchemist wrote:3. spyre is the type of player that can explain anything away given enough time. the fact that he felt the need to elaborately explain his actions given the specific set of circumstances that led up to that post, and his subsequent reactions (he really had to think about that <3 post, he was spam posting like a mo'fucka before it) lead me to believe he's probably scum given how it does not fit in with his general off-the-cuff style he demonstrated at the beginning of the thread and continues to demonstrate.

More of this trying to make other people look scummy crap. This line is bullshit.

I don't know why people think that Alchemist is town. I'm trying my best to apply Hanlon's Razor to everything he posts, but it just doesn't work.
More in a few hundred seconds.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

okay no.

Unvote, Vote:singersigner

These two posts do NOT make sense together.

In post 364, singersigner wrote:Aaayeup:
In post 298, singersigner wrote:Also, there are at least four people I wouldn't hesitate bandwagoning/hammering today and/or tomorrow if given the opportunity. Regardless of what I actually think their alignment is. Cheers.

^in regards to why she's still voting Tammy (and she still is btw)

In post 435, singersigner wrote:Yeah ok I didn't really feel like mafia-ing today so not really sure why I promised I'd add commentary hours ago. Oh well.

SpyreX is scummy because he's been the most noticeable pusher of Tammy who's obviously town and I think he's either stupid for it or trying to push for a seemingly easy mislynch. ... I don't think he's stupid.

Uuuh...no guarantees that I'll get around to it tomorrow but chances are higher since I'll want to do it before I won't be able to at all on Tuesday. Cross your fingers.

saying spyrex is scummy for pushing for an easy mislynch while you are voting that same person because you don't care if they're scum or town?
absolutely no.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:16 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 440, ToastyToast wrote:
In post 437, Glork wrote:

How do expect me to respond to this? Would you prefer I just make up some scumreads on people who aren't being voted? I don't think my scumreads are shitty, and so I'm keeping them. The three of them are in a circle of "I know you before this game" and "I am like this in other games" and I don't like it. To me this is the singlemost suspicious thing in the game thus far. I'm sorry you don't like them, but quite frankly I think its a pretty damn good lead to start with this early into the game.

I don't expect you to respond to it. I expect you to die.

Seriously. When a player's top 3 suspicion list is exactly the top 3 votegetters in the game, 99% of the time (yes, this is rhetoric, fuck you all) it means that they're scum who are willng to ride any easy wagon to mislynch. It's a hallmark of lazy scum who can't (or simply choose not to) actually hunt for scum on their own. They are content to "find" the most widely-suspected people scummy. Sometimes.
Sometimes
it comes from very, very weak town who are just incapable of scumhunting on their own. But a vast majority of the time, it's from scum who want to look like they are scumhunting, look like they are contributing, but really just want to get through the day by lynching someone else, as long as they don't attract a lot of attention.

Unfortuantely for you, this tell is a HUGE one in my book, and when I notice it, I tend not to let it go.

But fine, let's try to expand your mind a little. Please think about -- I mean,
really
put some thought into -- these three questions, and provide answers for me at your earliest convenience.

How do you feel about Nikanor? Why?
How do you feel about Oversoul? Why?
If Haze were dayvigged right now, and flipped scum, who do you think would be most likely to be his scumbuddy? Why?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:20 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

duplicity wrote:Okay 1) Stating that their connection is 'weird' can be said about almost any 3 players if you pull them up so you attempting to use that as further reasoning behind why your reads on them is good is stupid.

weird can be synonymous with highly suspicious in this circumstance.
the three of them were interacting with one another significantly more than with other players, and it still rings as early game distancing, something I see in scum a lot.

Duplicity wrote:2) The players you had scum-reads on had wagons on them, stating you suspect them and jumping on is what scum can do easily because it doesn't really put them in the spotlight and allows them to move from a large wagon to another large wagon if needed

So? Whether or not someone has a wagon on them does not in any way, shape, or form change the chance that they will actually be scum. No one else was doing anything I found to be noteworthy, so those 3 are who I'm focusing on. I'm not going to change this because there's already a wagon on them.

Duplicity wrote:3) Stating that you'd have NO reads elsewhere at all is bullshit, you're saying that you'd have no scum/town inklings whatsoever which is near impossible.

Yeah, of course I have other reads, but there is not nearly enough information on them to make a solid opinion. re-read my las post. The reason why I'm not making a list is because there are only three people (at the time of the first post) that gave me strong reactions. I commented on Hito afterwards (when asked), and said that the info wasn't sufficient and thus he's null. I'm saying that if I were to create a big list of all the players it would be largely incomplete. I generally do make such a list during D1 but only when I think I have enough info. Which is not at 8 pages.

Duplicity wrote:I've heard this logic used a lot, it's wrong. While a person can change their meta it's hard to do so genuinely.

I strongly disagree. I have played numerous games where reliance on meta is what lead to a town loss.

will answer rest when i get back

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”