Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:10 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 374, Magister Ludi wrote:
In post 370, Tammy wrote:Okay. What did you learn from my answer?

Well Initially I thought your answer more likely to come from town than scum. Calling someone town when they're attacking you is pretty dangerous because that means you basically have to roll with their attacks on you without trying to slime their character. That's a much easier way to defend an attack, by forcing the status of the attacking player down, then defending against their attacks while stile building their character up.

Initially...at some point you changed your mind? I've been told I get a little OMGUSy before because I don't deal overly well with suspicion sometimes. That's not exactly true though. I look for genuineness in attacks and go from there. So, Spyrex, while wrong about me and wrong about his interpretation of my behavior looks like he believes it. It's still frustrating to deal with, but I'm not just going to say someone is scum because they're attacking me if I think it's genuine. It's a different situation than with Tierce, for example, who I believe is scum using incorrect meta information to push a mislynch because she won't have to answer for that later. That I find don't find genuine, hence a different response.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:15 am

Post by Oversoul »

zomibe...

brains
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:18 am

Post by Alchemist »

Thats not a ludi vote
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:34 am

Post by Teleporting Speed Hippos »

In post 373, Magister Ludi wrote:
@ TSH
I think you are smart enough to know there is a difference here, and no try and twist my words. I take issue when someone says, "x statement is odd", and leaves it at that. For you, I clearly illuminated what I thought was odd with you statement, the fact that you were actively posting nothing for reasons undisclosed, but then also making a point to show everyone... that you weren't posting for reason's undisclosed. It struck me as off, and if you would like to debate that, please do. I would have gone with a slight TSH is scum, but given you only had two posts and I couldn't decide one way or another, I made a point to point it out so I could come back to it later.

+++ You criticize nikanor for 'being overly concerned with appearance', well that's exactly what you're , "we're not posting" thing looked like as well

RE: +++ How so? I thought Hydras were meant to discuss things before posting?

What's odd about it? I don't see how the reasons are undisclosed. I disclosed my reasons - see above.

Let's debate.
~AV
-AV and PeregrineV-
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:42 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

The quote for reference;

TSH wrote:I'm holding off on other comments until I've spoken to Pere (#firsthydra)
~AV

~~
RE: +++ How so? I thought Hydras were meant to discuss things before posting?

What's odd about it? I don't see how the reasons are undisclosed. I disclosed my reasons - see above.

Let's debate.
~AV

Sure, discussing things before posting is one way of playing a hydra (the other, seemingly more genuine one, is to just post your reads and then let your friend come in with his). But, there really isn't even a need to comment on the fact you're not posting until you spoke with your other head. Take the Wyrd hydra. They didn't post until,... well, until they did. They didn't make an interim post that served to say "hi guys! I am here, but not posting! but I am here!!"

It looked like you wanted everyone to "know" you were around, thinking, being a good town, etc. Which I think speaks more to the scum mindset, than town, no?
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:58 am

Post by Alchemist »

Ludi used SPAM

Its super effective!

Alchemist used GUT!

Its not very effective...

Ludi used OMGUS and FAKEVOTE

Alchemist used TRUTH

Critical damage!

Ludi used DODGE!

Its not very effective
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:07 am

Post by Nexus »

Arghleblarghleflarghle this game exploded.

Just posting to get it in my view new posts and to let you all know I'm here.

Zdenek has, imo, made sense so far. Not liking Alchemist, a lot of fluff posting for the amount of posts he's made.

VOTE: Alchemist

Semi away until Tuesday evening now.
Trans rights are human rights.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:13 am

Post by Glork »

In post 380, Alchemist wrote:Ludi used SPAM

Its super effective!

Alchemist used GUT!

Alchemist used TRUTH

Critical damage!

Ludi used DODGE!

Its not very effective

At work. Have not read last 2-3 pages much at all. Jumping Alchemist wagon for this alone.

Vote: Alchemist
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:14 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

In post 380, Alchemist wrote:Ludi used SPAM

Its super effective!

Alchemist used GUT!

Alchemist used TRUTH

Critical damage!

Ludi used DODGE!

Its not very effective

This is sort of insulting. I haven't spammed anything, I've tried to post and question to figure out people's alignments. None of my votes have been fake or without merit, and i've explained each one. I have several points against you. And i'd like to know which questions I've been dodging. I've answered anything you've asked.

I don't really see this post coming from town trying to figure out my alignment, (or anyone else's alignment in the game either.) You've thrown down a questionable vote (in direct contrast with your opening post promising calculation and reason), posted a whole hell of a lot without saying anything, and have accused me of things which are patently untrue.
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:21 am

Post by Teleporting Speed Hippos »

@Ludi, no, I don't think it's more scummy to say what I wanted to say when I said it, but hold off on the rest (i.e. townreads, other stuff) until I've talked it through. Scumreads and the like are more time sensitive. If I'd waited until Pere got on, then the stuff that I wanted to say would have been old news, and thus I wouldn't have been able to get what I wanted out of it.
~AV
-AV and PeregrineV-
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:04 am

Post by Oversoul »

I'm doing my read through now.

Expect a spoilered wall with comments that you all probably won't like.

I'll try to keep it concise, but the wall is still going to happen.

;)
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:22 am

Post by Alchemist »

This is sort of insulting. I haven't spammed anything, I've tried to post and question to figure out people's alignments. None of my votes have been fake or without merit, and i've explained each one. I have several points against you. And i'd like to know which questions I've been dodging. I've answered anything you've asked.

I don't really see this post coming from town trying to figure out my alignment, (or anyone else's alignment in the game either.) You've thrown down a questionable vote (in direct contrast with your opening post promising calculation and reason), posted a whole hell of a lot without saying anything, and have accused me of things which are patently untrue.

you've spammed the thread in your own way.

did I hurt your feelings? are you going to play the wounded soldier now?

1)posted a whole hell of a lot without saying anything yea okay
2)accused you of things which are patently untrue okay where
3)i've already figured out your alignment its scum
4)i think you are scum therefore its questionable, LOL
5)my recent post, you've dodged it entirely
6)yeah bro your case on me is totally legit okay, lets let the crowd decide that
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:16 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh Gamma <3.

Alchemist wrote:3. spyre is the type of player that can explain anything away given enough time. the fact that he felt the need to elaborately explain his actions given the specific set of circumstances that led up to that post, and his subsequent reactions (he really had to think about that <3 post, he was spam posting like a mo'fucka before it) lead me to believe he's probably scum given how it does not fit in with his general off-the-cuff style he demonstrated at the beginning of the thread and continues to demonstrate.

The explanation was more for EVERYONE than out of any worries about it making me look "bad". Watching the undercurrents of tinfoil start now isn't a good thing - and by tinfoil I mean that THE SCUM ARE TRYIN TO KILL NAMES MAAN.

-----

I can
kinda
see Ludi - way, way more than Alchemist. The deailo is out the gate scum trying to hard? Especially if like the Wyrd surmises every wagon is on town? Ehhhh

If it comes down to some kinda bizarro world Alchemist vs Ludi rage in the cage sure but:

Not Voting: implosion, Katsuki, Nexus, Oversoul, GreyICE

Wyrd be right about this and something tells me at least one or two of these suffer from select inactivity.

And this is assuming that Tammy doesn't get roped which I still want.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:20 am

Post by Glork »

In post 386, Alchemist wrote:

you've spammed the thread in your own way.

did I hurt your feelings? are you going to play the wounded soldier now?

1)posted a whole hell of a lot without saying anything yea okay
2)accused you of things which are patently untrue okay where
3)i've already figured out your alignment its scum
4)i think you are scum therefore its questionable, LOL
5)my recent post, you've dodged it entirely
6)yeah bro your case on me is totally legit okay, lets let the crowd decide that

This entire post is just awful.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:29 am

Post by Alchemist »

Nice character assassination, glork

You better get comitted.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:30 am

Post by Alchemist »

Two m's, always forget
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:47 am

Post by Glork »

Not trying to assassinate anyone's character. However, the manner in which you've made each of your last two posts are far more typically characteristics of scum posting, not town posting. Trying to whip the town into a frenzy using poor insults and fruitless taunting are very characteristic of scum who want people to stop paying attention to the content of an argument and start playing on emotion.

Your last two posts strongly suggest that you are scum. If that's "character assassination" (interesting choice of words, by the way), so be it. But you need to die, sooner rather than later.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:19 am

Post by dramonic »

@Alchemist:
Not sure what you're trying to ask?
If you're asking me to post the list of every character in the game and who they'd be aligned with assuming perfect flavour matching I could, but the only thing that would do is prevent scum from claiming their role. They probably have fakeclaims anyways.
If you're asking for the entire list of who scum might wanna kill, I posted the obvious ones already (leaders of countries/important protagonists), beyond that is a realm of infinite speculation.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:27 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 355, Teleporting Speed Hippos wrote:@UN, at what point after placing your vote did you think Tammy was town? At what point did you start thinking Tierce was scum? Who did you think your vote was on at that time - Tierce?

1. Around the time I said "Tammy is town"
2. Around the time she voted for Tammy
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:32 am

Post by UberNinja »

I don't like the Alchemist votes. They're disingenuous and lazy.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Alchemist »

In post 392, dramonic wrote:
@Alchemist:
Not sure what you're trying to ask?
If you're asking me to post the list of every character in the game and who they'd be aligned with assuming perfect flavour matching I could, but the only thing that would do is prevent scum from claiming their role. They probably have fakeclaims anyways.
If you're asking for the entire list of who scum might wanna kill, I posted the obvious ones already (leaders of countries/important protagonists), beyond that is a realm of infinite speculation.

Just meant like

Bob is affiliated with America
Poopmeister is affiliated with The Grand Duchy of Nobody Cares

etc
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Alchemist »

In post 394, UberNinja wrote:I don't like the Alchemist votes. They're disingenuous and lazy.

Me either, brother.

Me either.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Post by Alchemist »

In post 391, Glork wrote:Not trying to assassinate anyone's character. However, the manner in which you've made each of your last two posts are far more typically characteristics of scum posting, not town posting. Trying to whip the town into a frenzy using poor insults and fruitless taunting are very characteristic of scum who want people to stop paying attention to the content of an argument and start playing on emotion.

Your last two posts strongly suggest that you are scum. If that's "character assassination" (interesting choice of words, by the way), so be it. But you need to die, sooner rather than later.

Only the last two?

Well more than two suggest that you're scum.

1. Hey guys, does it look like I'm trying to WHIP YOU INTO A FRENZY? IS IT
ORGY
TIME?
2. Who did I insult poorly? I dont think I've insulted anyone. At least not intentionally.
3. Fruitless taunting? Who decides its fruitless? You. Are you the
decider
? I got ludi to respond.
4. Emotions are just as valid as "contents of an argument" - IMO scum can be just easily found by assessing a person's true emotional state as they can be found nitpicking arguements. I have a lot of respect you as a player Glork, but if you're gonna bring this sort weak of stuff to the table, which you consistently have been since the start of the game, I'm going to think you're scum.

You need to die sooner rather than later (ho ho ho). I'm not the only one who has expressed suspicion of you. I can feel it; people are getting very anti-glork, they're just afraid. Afraid of your legendary glork-ness. WELL, I WILL BE COURAGEOUS FOR US ALL. GLORK, YOU'RE SCUM.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 394, UberNinja wrote:I don't like the Alchemist votes. They're disingenuous and lazy.

That's nice.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by Glork »

Timeater, can you provide three examples where you've used this kind of rhetoric as town in the last? Also, can you please link me to your last two completed games as scum?

If this is just who you are and not a hallmark of caughtscum, I'd really like to know. Thanks in advance.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”