dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Post by dramonic »

@Glork: Claiming you're seeking someone isn't scummy, but it's antitown.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 112, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 110, Glork wrote:I'm not really at liberty to discuss my Tiercevote in detail.

What I will say is that there is a disturbingly high density of words that might not mean anything, and a disturbingly low density of trying-to-find-scum in her eight posts to date.

Are you a neighbor with her and she didn't say anything in your QT?

Dram wrote:Fire Emblem is flavorful. Claiming you're "looking for someone" severely limits who you can be when we have a general idea who is scum and who is town from a flavor standpoint.
We being those with flavour knowledge.
Based on the win condition listed by the mod, I'd say this is more of a game mechanic than a flavor issue which would give away character information. I understand your paranoia, but I think it is unfounded.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:35 pm

Post by Glork »

Tierce wrote:I called you out on a bad reads list, explained why I thought it was scummy, and you... think I'm scum as a result?
Actually, this sounds about right.

I would love for you to explain why you took an RVS list commenting on a bunch of RVS votes and decided it came from scum trying to overjustify themselves.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 144, Magister Ludi wrote:To me, the micaiah win condition of eliminating roles looked anti-town. (I'm not the strongest on flavor, but it would seem to make sense)

While I find questionable the thought that the two wincons in the first post would both be town from anyone's perspective...

*As a member of the majority, you win when the Daein Resistance has been subdued and one person with this Win Condition still lives.
*Per Micaiah's plan, you win when one member of your faction is alive and the following roles have been removed from the game.

The Daein Resistance movement is led by Micaiah in FE, so...
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 147, SpyreX wrote:
PEdit: Character(s), in my case. Equivalent to roles/players considering it's one each.

I'm tired so I just want to make sure I've got this right:

You & Glork are looking for:

Baazelbub, Terror of the Sands

NOT:

A Roleblocker and a Vig

No idea about Glork, but from me, yes, you are correct.

PEdit: Huh, but subduing the Daein Resistance implies working
against
the Resistance/Micaiah.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 152, Glork wrote:
Tierce wrote:I called you out on a bad reads list, explained why I thought it was scummy, and you... think I'm scum as a result?

I would love for you to explain why you took an RVS list commenting on a bunch of RVS votes and decided it came from scum trying to overjustify themselves.

I've done so:
In post 54, Tierce wrote:
In post 25, Quilford wrote:What's bullshit about it, Tierce?

Making a list like this at the stage in the game when you made it () as town is absurd, especially when you bother listing players as
null
out of RVS votes. Town doesn't really find a need to classify players they don't yet have a read on, while scum would be more likely to present null-reads to show 'effort'.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@ Alch: Ohh you better post it.

----

@ Dram: Dont you start the :roll: at me. I know FE at least passingly well BUT far more importantly I know mechanics and yes there's a chance this is some kind of super secret scum ploy but if its legit rolling the dice and going hog wild has the potential for FAR more upside than dancing around. Rolling the dice and saying "Hey I'm looking for X" might reap some nice rewards and having both parties out in the open if its not SUUUPREEME scum gambit N1 in a large is just asking for the scum to get some fat sacrifices.

Or, to put it a different way:

If I had a role that I was looking for someone I'd probably start out subtle but when that didn't work yell at the top of my lungs for my homey so we could get bashing.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 148, dramonic wrote:
@Tammy: Obviously there is zero scumminess in any of your other posts. You should take a break if all you're gonna do is get personal.

I'm not getting personal, Dram. Forgive me if I'm getting defensive when people are jumping down my throat for something that I said in RVS, that is actually relevant. I know I don't sound perfect, and I never said I did, but I don't know I'm not scum either. People pre-emptively defended their meta, and I commented on that. I don't care if people don't like the way I commented on it, but there's absolutely no scum motivation whatsoever to what I've said so far. (I'm not this careless as scum...fucking self-meta but who cares) You'r voting me and saying you have mad skillz because of it, I'm telling you you're wrong. That's all.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:43 pm

Post by Tierce »

@Glork--I understand if you don't want to answer this due to your read on me, but is it
explicit
on your PM that you are looking for someone? Because I
think
I need to find other people (and doing so could benefit the town), but it's in no way explicit. Having just the barest flavor knowledge doesn't help this.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Post by Glork »

EVERYBODY FUCKING STOP RIGHT NOW AND READ THIS POST.

The first win condition is the general protown win condition:
*As a member of the majority, you win when the Daein Resistance has been subdued and one person with this Win Condition still lives.

The scond win condition is the scum (Daein Resistance) win condition.
*Per Micaiah's plan, you win when one member of your faction is alive and the following roles have been removed from the game.

Note that they do not have to gain a majority of the town's population to win (although if they gain a majority, they will win because killing their targets will be inevitable).
They ONLY need to find and eliminate a certan subset of players among the town.

Because of this, ML thought that DDD was fishing in a manner that made him likely to have the scum win condition.

I (and several others) have pointed out that protown players are also seeking specific roles.

It is reasonable to assume that, barring the existence of a second scumgroup or a traitor, Daerin people are looking for protown roles to eliminate them.
We have no idea whether the protown seekers' targets are protown, scum, or otherwise.
We also have no idea whether the protown seekers' targets are also Daerin Resistance targets.

Are there any questions.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by Tammy »

I have no fucking clue what you guys are talking about.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 155, Tierce wrote:

I've done so:

Making a list like this at the stage in the game when you made it () as town is absurd, especially when you bother listing players as
null
out of RVS votes. Town doesn't really find a need to classify players they don't yet have a read on, while scum would be more likely to present null-reads to show 'effort'.

I'm willing to be that I can find an example where a player in RVS called someone else null and you didn't bat an eyelash. Why is it a big deal here, and what made you think that Quil's list was in any way different from any other RVS post made, aside from the fact it commented on everyone who had posted?
As of Post 23, what actually made Quil
scum
, and not someone who was just being a goof on Page 1?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by dramonic »

@Tierce: I'm calling the second wincon scum. Perhaps that didnt come across clearly
@SpyreX: I'll stop the eyeroll, but it's only because of your vote that you avoid it, not because of your stance on this matter.
@Tammy: I'm voting you because I think you're scum. I'm jesting about the mad skills because in real life games I have a tendency to think someone is scummy and vote them for the next 4 game days.
@Glork: I have one question! What was that post supposed to accomplish? You didn't point out anything that wasn't already obvious... =/
I'm a hoot
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by Tammy »

@Dram - Fine...you're wrong...and it saddens me.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:49 pm

Post by dramonic »

Clarification of my qualm, in response to Glork's clarification of whatevs:

Claiming you're looking for someone doesn't have any bearing on your alignment.
It does however make it simpler for a scumteam that doesn't need to win by majority to identify your role by PoE.

@Tammy: Cool enough.
I'm a hoot
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Oh man, another game of a bunch of backwards words thrown around. The joy of this. Tierce wagon: lol. Tammy wagon: . Saw bitchy and smarmy a lot while skimming. It's the better of the wagons we have for a d1 lynch but I think a golden opportunity will show up in time.

Re:Flavor
-Im against any sorts of claiming unless they're being lynched. It's dumb. Also, policy lynches should be reassessed because apparently blindly lynching players might lose us the game regardless of whether it's helpful during daytime play.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:51 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Edited Tammy wagon part out because I wanted to reread it btw.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'll honestly be surprised if that list for scum isn't redonk-large for pure balance reasons. Large enough that I think we're making some sillies up in worrying THIS much about it.

I would like to not sit on the pot and either flush or just get up though.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 162, dramonic wrote:@Glork: I have one question! What was that post supposed to accomplish? You didn't point out anything that wasn't already obvious... =/

If you'd read Tierce's and Tammy's posts, it's apparent that there's some confusion as to who is trying to accomplish what in this game. I was clarifying for their (and possibly others') sake.

HOW can they PoE me? They know that a part of my role involves looking for someone. They also know that a part of at least two other players' roles involve looking for someone. There are SO many characters in the FE universe (even if we just narrow it down to Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn) that PoEing me is going to be next to impossible before midgame/lategame, at which point "Glork is looking for someone" would probably have been made public anyway. It is far more likely that scum will identify town roles via information abillies than by a couple of people claiming to be part of a mechanic that was going to be made obvious by like D2 at the latest.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 161, Glork wrote:
In post 155, Tierce wrote:

I've done so:

null

I'm willing to be that I can find an example where a player in RVS called someone else null and you didn't bat an eyelash. Why is it a big deal here, and what made you think that Quil's list was in any way different from any other RVS post made, aside from the fact it commented on everyone who had posted?
As of Post 23, what actually made Quil
scum
, and not someone who was just being a goof on Page 1?

It's possible. But on a reads list on page 1? It seemed forced, premature, and I'm not going back through my games to see how I reacted to similar things before. This is how it struck me here, in this game--as a scummy gesture, because it seemed an exaggeration of the stuff he actually had available to analyze.

To note: I didn't think his post was RVS. Now that I look back at page 1, I think I've overreacted re: Quilford's list's importance and its non-RVS-ishness.

UNVOTE: Quilford
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Post by Glork »

Unvote
, actually.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 158, Tierce wrote:@Glork--I understand if you don't want to answer this due to your read on me, but is it
explicit
on your PM that you are looking for someone? Because I
think
I need to find other people (and doing so could benefit the town), but it's in no way explicit. Having just the barest flavor knowledge doesn't help this.

:|

At least give me a "no, I won't answer this". Don't ignore me, please.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Post by Glork »

Not answering. A part of my role involves another character whose identity I do not know. Assuming that charater is not similar to R2-D2 in nature, I don't see an immediate need to elaborate otherwise.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:59 pm

Post by Tierce »

Fair enough.
Glork