SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You're the one in the last post said it was backhand smarm directed towards Tierce not white-knighting people anymore, so obviously to you it had something to do with Tierce. You don't get to now play dumb now and act like it didn't. Also, do I have any knowledge of Tierce's white-knighting meta? Oh, stupid me, no I fucking don't, so you're reading implications into her statement that you believe I perceived that I didn't.

Swing and a miss.

I said it was backhanded smarm at the idea of changing their ~metas~ for no reason. Tierce was explicit in what she was changing and why.

You dont have to have outside knowledge to read the words she put saying
exactly that

I'm not defending anyone. I'm saying directly that your comment was a throwaway vote and smarm
that if you actually believed mattered
would have been more than smarm.

I flat out missed Alchemist's post in my reading so I take back the "people" part of it.

Holy hell I missed a whole wall of words
That actually makes it make even LESS sense that your vote ended up where it did instead of on one of two people you thought were "pre-emptively defending" themselves.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

In post 118, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 117, Magister Ludi wrote:p:edit
FOS: DDD

Claiming scum, eh? Message received.

huh? Actually, trying to figure out if someone has a particular role in this game is pretty bad considering we know there is some sort of faction,

Vi wrote:
*Per Micaiah's plan, you win when one member of your faction is alive and the following roles have been removed from the game.

that needs to figure out certain roles, kill them, and sounds anti-town. Given that these whoevers sounds like bad boys, someone (you) trying to figure out who is what role is much more likely to come from a player aligned with this faction than anyone else. To me, it's almost the definition of a scum tell, which is something that's more likely to come from scum (anti-town) than town.

Yeah, it suspicious.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by dramonic »

@Tammy: That sucks, you're making me happy =(

@Ludi:
1- You seem to be giving the term "derpy players" from Tierce some kind of grand mystery. I find that odd. Derpy players are just that. Why all the focus?
2- Seizing to be functional because a person is voting you is antitown. I dont like people turtling when under the slightest pressure and you're saying people should be DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPLY affected by that one vote sitting on them.

@Oman: <3

@Glork: Waiting

EDIT:
Wow Ludi...
Be careful with that misrep, you might poke someone in the eye.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 112, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 110, Glork wrote:I'm not really at liberty to discuss my Tiercevote in detail.

What I will say is that there is a disturbingly high density of words that might not mean anything, and a disturbingly low density of trying-to-find-scum in her eight posts to date.

Are you a neighbor with her and she didn't say anything in your QT?

For what it's worth, ML I'm protown, and need to find a certain role.

I'm fairly certain that I don't want to kill/remove them, though. I don't know if the scums want to kill/remove them or not.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 119, Tierce wrote:
In post 92, Quilford wrote:
In post 54, Tierce wrote:
In post 25, Quilford wrote:What's bullshit about it, Tierce?

Making a list like this at the stage in the game when you made it () as town is absurd, especially when you bother listing players as
null
out of RVS votes. Town doesn't really find a need to classify players they don't yet have a read on, while scum would be more likely to present null-reads to show 'effort'.

I am an absurd person, then. I've done it in almost every single game I've played for ages as town, if I remember correctly. It produces useful reactions and usually gets the game out of RVS. And I was just listing everyone who posted for completeness.

I have a massive scum read on you now though, thanks. You remind me of VPB when he encountered me doing it. VOTE: Tierce

You claim you do this kind of thing for reactions, and then get surprised when people have... reactions? I thought the list was out of place and called you on it. What is scummy about my reaction? I am not VP Baltar; don't attribute his
rather awesome
scumplay to me.

I do this kind of thing for reactions, and then lynch people who exhibit scummy reactions (i.e. yours).

Your reaction is scummy because you reacted.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 121, Magister Ludi wrote:Actually, @ Tammy, do you think SpyreX is scum?

I have no idea what to think of Spyrex right now. I think his weird over aggressive push on me is odd. However, I can't imagine scum pushing so hard so early for a mislynch...so probably not. He's probably just some really misguided townie with bad logic who doesn't realize he's wrong.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 128, Glork wrote:
In post 110, Glork wrote:I'm not really at liberty to discuss my Tiercevote in detail.

What I will say is that there is a disturbingly high density of words that might not mean anything, and a disturbingly low density of trying-to-find-scum in her eight posts to date.

For what it's worth, ML I'm protown, and need to find a certain role.

I'm fairly certain that I don't want to kill/remove them, though. I don't know if the scums want to kill/remove them or not.

Glork, I love you but that was fucking retarded?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by Glork »

Okay, something is seriously wrong with the forums. Every time I try to quote a post in reply, it quotes DDD's post. Going to clear cache, etc., and see if that fixes the problem.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohhhh Ludi Ludi Ludi.

I've got them town warm fuzzies but you're barking up the wrongest tree in regards to what DDD was saying to Glork.

@Glork:

Lets try this a different way:

Am I crazy and if so why?

Double @Glork:

I know multiple people have been having that issue. Check site ideas maybe?
Show

Proud member of BaM
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:16 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 132, Glork wrote:Okay, something is seriously wrong with the forums. Every time I try to quote a post in reply, it quotes DDD's post. Going to clear cache, etc., and see if that fixes the problem.

It's your side.
I'm a hoot
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:16 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 125, SpyreX wrote:
You're the one in the last post said it was backhand smarm directed towards Tierce not white-knighting people anymore, so obviously to you it had something to do with Tierce. You don't get to now play dumb now and act like it didn't. Also, do I have any knowledge of Tierce's white-knighting meta? Oh, stupid me, no I fucking don't, so you're reading implications into her statement that you believe I perceived that I didn't.

Swing and a miss.

I said it was backhanded smarm at the idea of changing their ~metas~ for no reason. Tierce was explicit in what she was changing and why.

You dont have to have outside knowledge to read the words she put saying
exactly that

I'm not defending anyone. I'm saying directly that your comment was a throwaway vote and smarm
that if you actually believed mattered
would have been more than smarm.

I flat out missed Alchemist's post in my reading so I take back the "people" part of it.

Holy hell I missed a whole wall of words
That actually makes it make even LESS sense that your vote ended up where it did instead of on one of two people you thought were "pre-emptively defending" themselves.

My vote on Zdenek was something that I thought was worse at the time. Overexplaining things is something that scum often do. I made a statement regarding the two people, at the time, who had pre-emptively defended their meta. So fucking what.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 127, dramonic wrote:@Tammy: That sucks, you're making me happy =(

I'm making you happy that you're voting me when I'm fucking town? Nice, Dram.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 28, Haze wrote:VOTE: Hinduragi

Hi.

I'm not quite sure if Quilford's list is designed to catch reactions or if he geniuinely believes them...

FOS: Haze

Thought it was weird the first time around, still think it is weird now. Probably not scum with Quilford, and I know Haze tends to be pretty cautious, but why remark on the reads list this way and potentially destroy any genuine reactions Quilford might want to get? Why the fence? If you're
not sure
and you actually want to
know
, ask.

PEdit: Holy wall of posts.

@Glork, I omitted it because I'm not particularly interested in your perception of my scumhunting, which is rather wrong to begin with--if you're actually reading my posts, you'll see I'm scumhunting--and so I dismissed it as invalid. What I wanted to focus on was why you won't discuss the nature of your vote in detail, because that confuses me due to the current number of games we are NOT in together.

PEdit: FWIW, I *think* I need to find a certain(s) role(s) too. Not too familiar with Fire Emblem, but questing the wiki makes me think this would make sense.

This PEdit is turtles all the way down. I just want to post and read up on things I missed.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 136, Tammy wrote:

I was going for "I'm happy because you're being scummier with each post
and that makes me happy with my mad tunnelcatching skills(tm)" =/

EDIT: Stop...
fucking...
claiming.
I'm a hoot
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ehh this claiming doesn't bother me in the intrinsic sense. Although if they're gonna go for it I'd almost rather them go whole hog.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by Tammy »

*sigh* Dram...whatever. Revel all you want. I'm not scum...but please keep reading me as such.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

tierce wrote:PEdit: FWIW, I *think* I need to find a certain(s) role(s) too. Not too familiar with Fire Emblem, but questing the wiki makes me think this would make sense.

the hells is this

like seriously i am experiencing a critical failure of thinking of reasons why you would say this as town
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Waiiit now I'm having a lapse.

Roles and not PLAYERS?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 138, dramonic wrote:
In post 136, Tammy wrote:

I was going for "I'm happy because you're being scummier with each post
and that makes me happy with my mad tunnelcatching skills(tm)" =/

Seriously Dram, if you think I would say something so stupid to get myself caught in my first post in RVS as scum...well I don't know what to say. Lynch me so that you can see just how awesomely horrible your stupid tunnelcatching skills are.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

To me, the micaiah win condition of eliminating roles looked anti-town. (I'm not the strongest on flavor, but it would seem to make sense)

@ Dram, well, some less deeply than others, but a serious vote and calls for blood on you if you are town should merit something. I do agree that weird pusedo cryptic half claims and the like should probably stop.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 129, Quilford wrote:
In post 119, Tierce wrote:
In post 92, Quilford wrote:
In post 54, Tierce wrote:
In post 25, Quilford wrote:What's bullshit about it, Tierce?

Making a list like this at the stage in the game when you made it () as town is absurd, especially when you bother listing players as
null
out of RVS votes. Town doesn't really find a need to classify players they don't yet have a read on, while scum would be more likely to present null-reads to show 'effort'.

I am an absurd person, then. I've done it in almost every single game I've played for ages as town, if I remember correctly. It produces useful reactions and usually gets the game out of RVS. And I was just listing everyone who posted for completeness.

I have a massive scum read on you now though, thanks. You remind me of VPB when he encountered me doing it. VOTE: Tierce

You claim you do this kind of thing for reactions, and then get surprised when people have... reactions? I thought the list was out of place and called you on it. What is scummy about my reaction? I am not VP Baltar; don't attribute his
rather awesome
scumplay to me.

I do this kind of thing for reactions, and then lynch people who exhibit scummy reactions (i.e. yours).

Your reaction is scummy because you reacted.

:?

I called you out on a bad reads list, explained why I thought it was scummy, and you... think I'm scum as a result? I really don't get this one. Why are reactions to that kind of (unexplained, too-early) list scummy by default? Have you never had a reads list questioned? I tried to look for the town motivation for doing it, found none. (You claimed 'completeness', I claim 'bollocks to that'.) I looked for scum motivation, found one--appearing to be scumhunting early and presenting 'effort'.

'You reacted to my early reads list, that's scummy' makes very little sense. I can understand that you might once or twice have gotten reactions to this kind of list and got lucky that the person later flipped scum, but
reacting by default
is not scummy.

PEdit: Character(s), in my case. Equivalent to roles/players considering it's one each.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by Glork »

Clarifying a few things for people.

ML: DDD noticed my early, non-random vote for Tierce and was referencing his own non-random vote for mikehart in the recently completed The League Mafia, where he caught his neighbor as scum before the game officially started. He was making a joke-reference to that. Nothing more.

Dram: Nope, not fucking retarded. The scum have no idea who I am, who I'm looking for, or if either of us are people they are after. I'm not really worried about giving away too much information here, and I am interested in stopping "this player seems to be looking for a specific role" as a scumtell, because it's likely to lead down all sorts of terrible paths.

Spyre: I don't think so?

I'm not really interested in voting Tammy right now. I'd much rather puruse this Tierce thing. There are holes in her behavior, and I want to explore them before that window closes. So yeah, I'm going to reneg on my commitment to sheep whomever you tell me to sheep. Sorry. :(

PEDIT: OH GOD, PEOPLE HAVE TO LOOK FOR OTHER PEOPLE. CLEARLY THIS IS GIVING AWAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION THAT THE SCUMS COULD NOT POSSIBLY HAVE INFERRED ON THEIR OWN ALREADY BASED ON THE WIN CONDITION PROVIDED BY THE MODERATOR. Calm down, Dram.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by SpyreX »

PEdit: Character(s), in my case. Equivalent to roles/players considering it's one each.

I'm tired so I just want to make sure I've got this right:

You & Glork are looking for:

Baazelbub, Terror of the Sands

NOT:

A Roleblocker and a Vig
Show

Proud member of BaM
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 139, SpyreX wrote:Ehh this claiming doesn't bother me in the intrinsic sense. Although if they're gonna go for it I'd almost rather them go whole hog.

Oh yes, that definitely sounds like a GREAT idea :roll:

Fire Emblem is flavorful. Claiming you're "looking for someone" severely limits who you can be when we have a general idea who is scum and who is town from a flavor standpoint.
We being those with flavour knowledge.

for example, Sothe spends the whole game being Micaiah's lapdog, it'd be no surprise if he was looking for her (obviously not the case here since Micaiah is scum)

One can draw a few parallels like that and if scum has a specific hitlist they can know if you need to die.

Now, if yall can play mafia instead of playing hide and seek we might get somewhere.

@Tammy: Obviously there is zero scumminess in any of your other posts. You should take a break if all you're gonna do is get personal.
I'm a hoot
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Post by Alchemist »

I'm made this big jpg with bubbles that show conversation/player associations relative to size and groupings but I'm too embarassed to post it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”