Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 11:28 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 1023, Llamarble wrote:Ugh, I am actually in danger of getting mislynched again.

You can still do the "post up a storm" thing if you're town, right? And why the "again" here?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 11:37 am

Post by Llamarble »

It wasn't inadequate, it just took a bit more time than usual to find, which wasn't something that stuck as an important part of the metaing experience. I was extremely unspecific about the metaing I did. Do you really believe I'd go back and look things up again and then give as minimal specifics as I did about it?

I said I was in danger of being mislynched, not that it will actually happen.
I don't really have the spare time to masspost but I really really hate getting lynched.
I got mislynched in Nomination Mafia and Bedtime stories. I had gotten really used to not ever getting lynched prior to that.

In post 1000, singersigner wrote:
In post 993, singersigner wrote:@Llamarble...what makes CES's vote/push on Shea any different than mine? I never once moved my vote after that and pushed rather consistently/hard, yet that doesn't seem to be a problem for you.

This argument was entirely retarded and I have explained why it was so. If you are unsatisfied then explain why and I shall go into greater detail.

In post 944, Captain Falcon wrote:
In post 942, singersigner wrote:Though I do agree with wondering why Llamarble felt the need to specify that he could provide "proof" of his absence...

I third that notion.

VOTE: Llmarble

This argument was entirely retarded and I have explained why it was so. If you are unsatisfied then explain why and I shall go into greater detail.

In post 826, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 824, Matias wrote:I'd rather hear from Llamarble first before I make judgment on him.

I've heard a lot in the silence that has been coming from him since the end of day 1.

I did not have access. I flew from here to MA, drove to Maine from there and back, flew to CA for awhile and had basically zero access, then flew back. I saw my sister graduate and helped her move, played F2F mafia, foosball, got interviewed by the AP, helped hang 300 keys from a breezeway for a Harry potter puzzle and helped set up a lazer maze. I played starfarers of Catan, Dominion, caught up with people I hadn't seen in a year, went to a ball, Caught up with Family, lost basically all excess weight from sheer activity, found 3 people interested in joining my company, saw an a capella concert, and various other things. It's not like I was posting elsewhere on the site.
In post 1010, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 1003, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 998, Llamarble wrote:Scum want to be on losing wagons that they can look like they legitimately believe in, and voting lurkers who are likely to show up and push the lynch away are good options for that.

I posit to you that the shealynch would've gone through if Amrun hadn't been V/LA at the end there, so I very much question the relevance of this.

You can get more basic than that and say his vote was key in getting Amrun lynched and in avoiding Shealynch.

TSQ's own vote wasn't even needed, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 11:46 am

In post 1026, Llamarble wrote:It wasn't inadequate, it just took a bit more time than usual to find, which wasn't something that stuck as an important part of the metaing experience. I was extremely unspecific about the metaing I did. Do you really believe I'd go back and look things up again and then give as minimal specifics as I did about it?

If you believe I'm scum here, then it's fairly obvious it's inadequate since my play here is distinctly different + year old meta is just not that reliable in general? And yes, I do believe that; it looks townier to look like you didn't look it up.

Llamarble wrote:
In post 993, singersigner wrote:@Llamarble...what makes CES's vote/push on Shea any different than mine? I never once moved my vote after that and pushed rather consistently/hard, yet that doesn't seem to be a problem for you.

? You answered this in #1002 and your answer was certainly meaningful enough to justify the question.

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 11:48 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 1025, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 1023, Llamarble wrote:Ugh, I am actually in danger of getting mislynched again.

You can still do the "post up a storm" thing if you're town, right? And why the "again" here?

Why do you think that I am scum?
Regfan dying makes sense from almost anybody, which is about the extent of what you've said D2.
Your D1 stuff is all just disagreeing with me or claiming I haven't analyzed your motivations accurately.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 11:56 am

Is quoting acting up for you?

Shallow scumhunting is the big one for me. Your reasoning has consistently been too simplistic. With respect to me specifically, but it already started with your first post. You have also felt off at times, pushed wrong wagons and I have barely see you try to engage me despite being your stated #1 suspect for significant parts of the game.

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Llamarble »

In post 1027, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 1026, Llamarble wrote:It wasn't inadequate, it just took a bit more time than usual to find, which wasn't something that stuck as an important part of the metaing experience. I was extremely unspecific about the metaing I did. Do you really believe I'd go back and look things up again and then give as minimal specifics as I did about it?

If you believe I'm scum here, then it's fairly obvious it's inadequate since my play here is distinctly different + year old meta is just not that reliable in general? And yes, I do believe that; it looks townier to look like you didn't look it up.

Llamarble wrote:

? You answered this in #1002 and your answer was certainly meaningful enough to justify the question.

I don't think your play here is as different as you seem to. Older meta isn't nonuseful.
You think that I went back and looked things up but did not notice that they happened a long time ago?? what?

As for the second part I was looking up why people are voting me.
I meant that it was dumb when understood as a reason I was scum, not that it was a useless question.

I'm not sure what you mean about quoting acting up.

I don't feel that my reasoning has been overly simplistic, but it is true that I have not had the time to dig as deep as I normally like to. I'm starting to get there now though.
I've been on a lot of different wagons, now including both of your favorite ones other than me?
I've talked about you quite a bit. Not quite as much to you as about, but I was already starting to run low on time when the 'I should be pushing a lynch' time was going on yesterday.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 12:08 pm

In post 1030, Llamarble wrote:I don't think your play here is as different as you seem to. Older meta isn't nonuseful.
You think that I went back and looked things up but did not notice that they happened a long time ago?? what?

I think the difference between my scum play then and now is bigger than the difference between my scum and town meta, so yeah. And I didn't say the latter.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 12:10 pm

In post 1030, Llamarble wrote:I've been on a lot of different wagons, now including both of your favorite ones other than me?

It's going to take more than a little distancing to get on my good side.

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Me: Do you really believe I'd go back and look things up again and then give as minimal specifics as I did about it?
You: I do believe that; it looks townier to look like you didn't look it up.
Given this and the fact that it is fairly clear I did not immediately recall how long ago the games were, you did say that.
Perhaps you meant something else?

I am not seeking to get on your good side.
I am pointing out that you saying my wagon choices have been bad doesn't make a lot of sense.
What beyond OMGUS did you mean when you said that?

Dr Who isn't insanely long ago and you have several behaviors that felt like here.
Snarky terse posting, 'nope' type posts, a scumteam call, and some vote yup let's lynch x stuff.
I didn't get any "Oh I'm wrong about this he doesn't do his townie things here as scum" from your meta so much as 'ok this pretty much fits with what he can fake', which is most of what I use meta for.

Zach's mafia world looks different than that. You are thinking about things instead of distilling down to the most basic things that you do. Certainly more different from your play this game than Dr Who.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Post by Llamarble »

In post 1021, Llamarble wrote:
VOTE: Benmage
THIS IS THE PATH.
Benmage has been passive all game after shifting his reads list around some on D1.
He keeps his vote on CES without pushing, CES lists him as scum without voting him.
In post 123, Benmage wrote:
In post 112, Regfan wrote:
Ben
, can you explain the Amrun, Johhog, CES and Socio town reads for me?

CES for his reasoning why Johhog is town, double confirmed them both.
Amrun because he feels genuine. I mean shit he looks real obvious.
SP gut.

He didn't read what CES said about Johhog carefully but called both of them clear town for it.
He has been buddying me for unclear reasons all game.
I haven't had access enough to be obvllamatown till now.
And he does love being scum.

Can I get some more Benmage votes or responses?
He just put poked some reads around early D1 like unwanted food and then did not care who we lynched.
And that lack of interest was despite the lynch being between Amrun and TSQ,
both of whom were in his remainder pile after labeling everybody else town.

I don't buy that much disinterest in this game being real, particularly with partners like Yos and MoS who care a lot about mafia.
Whose reads on this game we have seen nothing of, for that matter.

The whole waking the dragon thing feels like scum saying "I am going to lurk until I run up and then smash people in the face trying not to get lynched," and for some reason you should think this is town behavior.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 999, Nachomamma8 wrote:Zach, do you have recent scum meta of you as a lone wolf?

Please stop intentionally or unintentionally ignoring my questions.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

singersinger wrote:Nacho can wait til tomorrow even though I'm grumpy that this slot is getting away yet again.

Do you find me scum because I'm voting Zach?

singersinger wrote:even though I thoroughly disagree

Just because he was the first to bring up Shea was posting elsewhere?

CES wrote:Also, regardless of which games you looked at exactly, I'm pretty sure my play this game would compare positively to scum games of mine from a year back.

Wait, why?

Llamarble wrote:which pretty much confirms me as town simply because I don't play off the top of my head as scum when I don't recall something clearly. When I'm scum, I am very good at reconstructing a clear thought process behind everything.

Would you self-meta as scum?

Llamarble wrote:Can I get some more Benmage votes or responses?

Why Benmage and not Socio?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.12Llamarble (4) - Cogito Ergo Sum, Captain Falcon, Zachrulez, singersigner
Benmage (2) - Johhog, Llamarble
Zachrulez (2) - Nachomamma8, Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins (1) - SocioPath
Cogito Ergo Sum (1) - Benmage

Not Voting (1) - Matias

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, June 3, 2012, at 7:08 PM EDT (UTC-4).

Mod Notes

Captain Falcon has been prodded.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1035, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 999, Nachomamma8 wrote:Zach, do you have recent scum meta of you as a lone wolf?

What does this mean? A game where I was the only remaining scum? You'd have to go WAY back if that's what you're asking.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1038, Zachrulez wrote:

What does this mean? A game where I was the only remaining scum? You'd have to go WAY back if that's what you're asking.

Where you were scum as Zachrulez, and not hydraing with Sotty.

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1039, Nachomamma8 wrote:

For the record, Paranoia Mafia, Sotty never posted in the Scum QT and Zach said that he would be alone, but left the chance open for Sotty to join if she felt like it.

Sotty at that time had also proclaimed she was not going to join anymore games so that supports my belief.

I don't know if they discussed the game outside of the quicktopic though.
Captain Falcon
Captain Falcon
Townie
Captain Falcon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by Captain Falcon »

In post 1040, Oversoul wrote:
In post 1039, Nachomamma8 wrote:

For the record, Paranoia Mafia, Sotty never posted in the Scum QT and Zach said that he would be alone, but left the chance open for Sotty to join if she felt like it.

Sotty at that time had also proclaimed she was not going to join anymore games so that supports my belief.

I don't know if they discussed the game outside of the quicktopic though.

Damn it!

Alt slip and prodded. I could have sworn I posted yesterday.
Falcon PUNCH!
Captain Falcon
Captain Falcon
Townie
Captain Falcon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by Captain Falcon »

In post 1026, Llamarble wrote:I got mislynched in Nomination Mafia and Bedtime stories. I had gotten really used to not ever getting lynched prior to that.

How in any way is that pertinent? That comment about getting mislynched again does not look like it was added spontaneously or posted "off the top of my [your] head".

That looks like an engineered placement of a sentence.
Falcon PUNCH!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by Benmage »

So i promise to fix my shit this weekend. My games/games alive in has drastically reduced.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Engineered placement of a sentence? What would even be the point of that?
It was added when I realized there was actually a legitimate possibility of me being lynched today.
Also why are you voting me and what do you think of Benmage?

In post 1036, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Llamarble wrote:Can I get some more Benmage votes or responses?

Why Benmage and not Socio?

Did you even read the sentences immediately before and after that one?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Llamarble wrote:which pretty much confirms me as town simply because I don't play off the top of my head as scum when I don't recall something clearly. When I'm scum, I am very good at reconstructing a clear thought process behind everything.

Would you self-meta as scum?

I self metaed as scum in Consulmaker mafia and then said that I only use self-meta as town, but that game has been eaten by the void. I generally self meta pretty heavily when I've been run up and am running through the reasons I should be seen as town.

If you think mescum planned out intentionally saying things off the top of my head instead of refreshing my memory and then using the meta that I only behave that way as town, that is ridiculous.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 9:05 pm

A bit silly if you did both as part of plan, but doing the one first and then the other seems perfectly viable.

In post 1033, Llamarble wrote:I am not seeking to get on your good side.
I am pointing out that you saying my wagon choices have been bad doesn't make a lot of sense.
What beyond OMGUS did you mean when you said that?

I do very much count the Amrunwagon against you. From my perspective you most definitely have been an anti-town force this game.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 9:17 pm

In post 1033, Llamarble wrote:Dr Who isn't insanely long ago and you have several behaviors that felt like here.
Snarky terse posting, 'nope' type posts, a scumteam call, and some vote yup let's lynch x stuff.
I didn't get any "Oh I'm wrong about this he doesn't do his townie things here as scum" from your meta so much as 'ok this pretty much fits with what he can fake', which is most of what I use meta for.

That scum team call was totally not meant to be serious. I guess it'd be adequate if you were just looking to see if I could fake my tone but shouldn't that knowledge have osmosised its way into your brain before? It's kinda obvious given how long I've played at 'scum too.

In post 1033, Llamarble wrote:Zach's mafia world looks different than that. You are thinking about things instead of distilling down to the most basic things that you do. Certainly more different from your play this game than Dr Who.

You should be the most well-placed to notice that I very much have been thinking about things. But this "distilling down to the most basic things that
do" is something I did back then as scum, much more than now.

CES wrote:Also, regardless of which games you looked at exactly, I'm pretty sure my play this game would compare positively to scum games of mine from a year back.

Wait, why?

I had a more unrefined bandwagonny "I don't care, people can't read me anyway" scum style back then.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 11:44 pm

P.S. the notion that MoS being on benmage's team is somehow incongruous with him being useless is nonsensical. And the person I'd most expect to care would be benmage if he were scum.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2012 2:26 am