Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 3124, gorckat wrote:How about taking 13 roles from unrelated Theme games that don't rely on wonky mechanics and tossing them in to the same game with no warning?

There's got to be a way to make a Theme Soup viable.

This is pretty much what the series of games that give players roles they've had before (or, in the most recent version, that have been in games they've moderated) is about; its nature pretty much forces all the roles to be from different themes. I forget the name, sadly.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by Faraday »

are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 12:55 pm

In post 3124, gorckat wrote:How about taking 13 roles from unrelated Theme games that don't rely on wonky mechanics and tossing them in to the same game with no warning?

There's got to be a way to make a Theme Soup viable.

Oh, and at that:

You are a
Role Repeater
. Each night (including night 0/confirmations), you may choose a role you've previously had in a completed game on mafiascum.net. You gain all that role's abilities, apart from win condition and any factional abilities, for the rest of that night (although you can't do anything night 0 with the role unless it was usable night 0 at the time), and all of the following day. You cannot choose the same role twice.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Gah, I'm reasonably sure at this point that there's something up with the site that's randomly causing me to re-quote things I've quoted in the recent past.
scum
town
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I want to make a "random fictional characters" theme now. Roles would be characters from completely unrelated fictional products. Movies, books, video games, comics, theatre, folk stories, poems, operas, board games, religious texts...
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 11:55 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

AU Mafia, where everyone is a different version of the same character.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:50 am

In post 3129, izakthegoomba wrote:I want to make a "random fictional characters" theme now. Roles would be characters from completely unrelated fictional products. Movies, books, video games, comics, theatre, folk stories, poems, operas, board games, religious texts...

This is pretty close to Vi's
theme when he/she doesn't have something else in mind. The characters are typically linked by a common factor entirely unrelated to the continuities they're from.

Also, every Upick ever.
scum
town
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:52 am

Post by Vi »

In post 3130, inspiratieloos wrote:AU Mafia, where everyone is a different version of the same character.
Considered something similar to this.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 3131, callforjudgement wrote:Also, every Upick ever.

Yeah, but with this I could actually design the roles around what I wanted for the game, rather than having to fit in with player-chosen flavour.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
YYR
YYR
Goon
YYR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by YYR »

When thinking of a mechanic to test, I thought of this. Don't know if someone has suggested it before.

Absent Voter
: Every night (including Night 0/confirmation stage), you must assign someone as your proxy voter for the following day. They will have two votes for that day while you have none.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 1:32 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

You are a
soldier overseas

A couple of days before the game started, you hopped on your plane to fight the war. However, that does not mean you can still help town catch their mafioso! You can still talk during nights with your buddy XXX that will stay in town while you're away. However, you can't post or read the thread, for you are far away. You are immune from all night actions performed against you in the game, but you have a 25% chance of dying every night from gunshot wounds. You win with town.
~Toon fighter~
Haze
Haze
Mafia Scum
Haze
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 2:42 am

Post by Haze »

In post 3135, Toon Fighter wrote:You are a
soldier overseas

A couple of days before the game started, you hopped on your plane to fight the war. However, that does not mean you can still help town catch their mafioso! You can still talk during nights with your buddy XXX that will stay in town while you're away. However, you can't post or read the thread, for you are far away. You are immune from all night actions performed against you in the game, but you have a 25% chance of dying every night from gunshot wounds. You win with town.

make the buddy a wife and make the wife a traitor that has to be recruited. (Cheating on him flavourwise.)

The role suicides once this occurs. lol
~Lu-natic.

Don't say Crazy.
Sscchhmueptfter
Sscchhmueptfter
Townie
Sscchhmueptfter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:07 am

Post by Sscchhmueptfter »

You are a
Serial Doctor

- You can vote and talk during the day.
- Each nigh, you chose a player to protect from one nightkill.
You win if you are the last person alive.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:10 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Compulsive, I presume?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:19 am

Unless you're banning self-targeting (that wording for the role doesn't), they should just self-target every night.

Meanwhile, here's one to give izak nightmares:
You are a
Secret Neighbourizer
. Nobody knows you're playing; not even the mod knew until you sent him a PM with your night action. Each night, you may PM the mod with the name of a player, and you will get a QT to talk to them, day and night. You don't have a vote, and you don't count as alive for the purpose of other player's win conditions. You
can
be lynched or nightkilled, but all this does is stop you taking night actions and posting in the QT. Also, votes for you count, but they don't show up in the vote count.
scum
town
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:31 am

Post by saulres »

What's the win condition on that one? It sounds like a role I'd love to play.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I am very sad that it's impossible to implement. I love that role.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:41 am

Post by saulres »

Run another Worst Roles Game. I won't sign up, and I'll be sure to implement it for you :)
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:59 am

In post 3140, saulres wrote:What's the win condition on that one? It sounds like a role I'd love to play.

Win with the town, I was planning. (Alternatively, win with the first person you neighbourize.)
scum
town
mafia-n00b
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 6:03 am

Post by mafia-n00b »

In post 3132, Vi wrote:
In post 3130, inspiratieloos wrote:AU Mafia, where everyone is a different version of the same character.
Considered something similar to this.

I like this... very much. This should happen soon.
Sscchhmueptfter
Sscchhmueptfter
Townie
Sscchhmueptfter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 6:03 am

Post by Sscchhmueptfter »

In post 3138, izakthegoomba wrote:Compulsive, I presume?

Ideally it would be in a setup with tracker or watcher roles where targeting other players helps to make a doctor-claim viable.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 7:05 am

Post by quadz08 »

I think that
Serial Suicidal Doctor
is the true worst role in that vein. (Commits suicide if his protect fails)
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
mafia-n00b
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 7:53 am

Post by mafia-n00b »

You are a
Corrupt Cop with a Heart of Gold
. Every night, in addition to your normal investigation powers, you may also plant evidence on any one player. This will make that person scan as "guilty" to any investigations (by any player). In addition, you may receive a PM from the mod at any point directing you to report an "innocent" result on a player. You may not investigate that player after receiving such a PM. Despite all this, you are town-aligned and win with town.

You are a
Well-connected Person with Influence
. You know there is a corrupt cop in this game. Every even-numbered night, you may PM the mod with the name of one player who you have decided is above suspicion. This person will be reported as "innocent" and cannot be investigated by the Corrupt Cop. You win if you "protect" a mafioso who survives to endgame, regardless of which faction(s) wins.

This pair could make for some interesting interplay.

NOTE: There is nothing prohibiting the Corrupt Cop from planting evidence on someone that they are told to report an innocent on.
knox
knox
Goon
knox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 9:32 am

Post by knox »

You are
Doctor Victor Frankenstein
You are a daring scientist who boldly plans to go where only few dare…into the weird creepy dark area of scientific experimentations just after electroshock therapy and just before necrophilia. You have stumbled upon the secret to human reanimation and you won’t stop experimenting with it until you are dead in the ground or your attention is occupied with other matters...

On each even numbered night you must choose a player from the pool of the dead to bring back to life and back into the game. But bringing people back to life isn’t an exact science. There is a 50% chance that the experiment will fail and the player that you bring back will become
Frankenstein’s Monster
instead of a town abiding citizen like yourself. If this should occur you will lose your ability to bring players back to life in order to stop what you have created.

Wracked with guilt knowing that you have unleashed a monster on the town, you are shamed to silence. This means you can’t ever reveal the monsters or your own identity or share any knowledge of its existents. But you must kill it and we all know the best way to kill a beast is to gather a mob, preferably with pitchforks and torches.

You have two days to kill the monster. If it lives to see its third day you will not. You will have succumbed to depression and ended your own life.

You win with the town.

You are
Frankenstein’s Monster

Just when you thought you were dead you get pulled back in. Your past life is dead to you now, not that you have any memory of anything until this moment. All you know is you want blood, need blood.

Each night you must choose a player to kill. Each night except for your first, you are after all still getting used to this new body of yours. Unfortunately not all parts work like they once did. You are…a little slow.

You can post no more than a 100 words per post, can only post twice per page and can only vote once per day. You cannot reveal any of these restrictions, it’s a sensitive topic. This only fuels your anger.

Enraged by what you have become you vow to find who did this to you and kill anyone and everyone that gets in your way until your last dying breath.

You win when you are the last player alive.

Flavour fun.
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 11:00 am

Post by drmyshotgun »

Hey, Frankenstein stuff is actually really good. Would love to see it.
My GTKAS!
100% Win Rate in Micro: 10 Games!!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”