mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 1:53 am

Post by mykonian »

votecount

chevre (7): thetrollie, uberninja, callforjudgement, Lowman, manho, nobody special, Fritzler
kondi2424 (4): Zdenek, Zajnet, Kondi2424, RedFF
Spyrex (2): mattP, Trevor
amrun (2): BBmolla, spyrex
PeregrineV (2): Hoopla, zoraster
lowman (1): amrun
YYR (1): Staeg
nobody special (1): theamatuer
BBmolla (1): syndromeofadown
zoraster (1): PeregrineV
Last edited by mykonian on Mon May 28, 2012 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 1:58 am

Post by UberNinja »

choo choo
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:48 am

Post by TheTrollie »

Chevre is still the lynch to make:
In post 1924, Chevre wrote:
In post 1889, UberNinja wrote:AAAAND

Chevre comes out of hiding to post RIGHT AFTER there are two votes on him

WOOSH

Vote: Chevre

@ Spyrex: Come with me if you want to live

A) how was I hiding?
by not posting until you were under attack

B) Can I not defend myself against votes I don't feel I deserve?
yeah, sure you can. doesn't change the fact that when you did this you came out of hiding to do so. we are calling that scummy, not the fact that you defended yourself.

In post 1895, TheTrollie wrote:yep...and now my vote on chevre feels very good. note the descriptive nature of that last post which is unlikely to help us find scum. Total defense mode after a second vote is dropped on him.

So...being descriptive is bad? Sounds more like it's more words than you wanted to read. :D I feel that I addressed the points I wanted to address in a good way, and I'm not sure how this could be scummy. As I said above with UberNinja, am I not allowed to defend myself? Plus, I promised content today which I am about to provide.

we all know what the thread says, descriptive posts add nothing. sometimes they help to summarize or clarify but they are never insightful and thus do not help us find scum as well as something analytic would

also, the idea that we should be listening to what the mislynches had to say is a bad one. Sure, we know they were town, but (1) townies also know that they themselves are town so there is no reason to trust dead people over themselves (2) just because they were town doesn't mean they were right
Trevor
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:52 am

Post by Trevor »

also, the idea that we should be listening to what the mislynches had to say is a bad one. Sure, we know they were town, but (1) townies also know that they themselves are town so there is no reason to trust dead people over themselves (2) just because they were town doesn't mean they were right

This post gave me cancer

Your attack on Chevre was really bad, Trollie.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:55 am

Post by Chevre »

IMAGINALITY:
In 161, he votes TML. A very recurring theme.
In 641, he begins with his reads, the first 10 of them. First, he comments on the current wagons, which are Elmo and redFF, and says they are not necessarily bad. theamatuer, Amrun, funkybike1, sykedoc, and Moneybags all get minus signs in this group of ten, and he votes Moneybags.
In 879 are ten more reads; MoS, CC and Robotnick2 receive minus signs. He votes TechnoWC.
In 1082, he switches to Captain Corporal but also shows more interest in an Elmo lynch.

PEDIT: TheTrollie, I've been posting all game. In fact, I posted the whole Luffy thing right before these posts. And "we all know what the thread says?" tell that to MoS or dramonic. And I'm completely confused about what you are saying about the "descriptive" posts? I didn't have time to ISO anyone, so I only posted my thoughts about what I thought was creating so many mislynches. It wasn't summarizing, or clarifying, it was trying to get us to actually lynch scum. And I'm not saying don't listen to yourself. I'm saying that we can also listen to these people who have died because they are confirmed to be townies who had sincere townie motivations. And sure, it doesn't mean they were right, but the people who lynched them thinking they were scum weren't right either.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:56 am

Post by MattP »

In post 1953, Trevor wrote:
This post gave me cancer

Eh, he's a newb, he's still learning.

Trollie, don't worry your lil head off, just switch to SpyreX.
SlappyKrust
Trevor
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:03 am

Post by Trevor »

Vote: Nobody Special

Another vote on the bandwagon.

Fun fact: out of all votes on Luffy, Chevre's is the best. It's not even close. An attack because "only scum need to justify their votes like that" is dumb.

Please vote Nobody Special, I'm done changing my vote.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:07 am

Post by TheTrollie »

newb or not, chevre is scum

and what is it with people on this forum telling me im a terrible newb without helping to explain what about my posts is so objectionable
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:08 am

Post by kondi2424 »

VOTE: NS

Anyone voting Chevre should swich to NS. Like, now.

Either that or give me a summary of why he's a better vote.
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:13 am

Post by TheTrollie »

kondi can you provide a summary of why NS is a better vote?

my vote is on chevre for overjustifying his hop onto a wagon that was well established. That paired with how quickly he responded to attacks on him and his convoluted, descriptive posts are why i think he is scummy.
Trevor
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:17 am

Post by Trevor »

No, we're telling you that your logic is bad. I'm not calling you a newb, and MattP, you shouldn't use that excuse at all.

Pedit: kool post kondi
Pedit: Over justifying? Are you shitting me? Explain to me how overjustifying=scum. You've established that he over justified. Now connect that with being scum. Also: Quickly responding to attacks isn't a scum tell. Neither is descriptive posting. This is just getting dumb.
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:24 am

Post by kondi2424 »

He has provided absolutely NO reasoning besides in his first post, against IceGuy.

I'd say that's pretty good. He's also buddying Spy.

PEdit: Why did it take you five extra minutes to type "kool post kondi"? O_o
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:25 am

Post by Staeg »

Oh right, NS
vote: NS
sa vrede?
Trevor
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:33 am

Post by Trevor »

PEdit: Why did it take you five extra minutes to type "kool post kondi"? O_o

Actually, it would have taken 1 minute or less.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:38 am

Post by UberNinja »

This post gave me cancer

um, no. actually it was fucking awesome

quiet, you
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:38 am

Post by kondi2424 »

But you made another PEdit between my post and Trollie's post, and they were five minutes apart.
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:38 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1954, Chevre wrote:IMAGINALITY:
In 161, he votes TML. A very recurring theme.
In 641, he begins with his reads, the first 10 of them. First, he comments on the current wagons, which are Elmo and redFF, and says they are not necessarily bad. theamatuer, Amrun, funkybike1, sykedoc, and Moneybags all get minus signs in this group of ten, and he votes Moneybags.
In 879 are ten more reads; MoS, CC and Robotnick2 receive minus signs. He votes TechnoWC.
In 1082, he switches to Captain Corporal but also shows more interest in an Elmo lynch.

PEDIT: TheTrollie,
I've been posting all game.
In fact, I posted the whole Luffy thing right before these posts. And "we all know what the thread says?" tell that to MoS or dramonic. And I'm completely confused about what you are saying about the "descriptive" posts? I didn't have time to ISO anyone, so I only posted my thoughts about what I thought was creating so many mislynches. It wasn't summarizing, or clarifying, it was trying to get us to actually lynch scum. And I'm not saying don't listen to yourself. I'm saying that we can also listen to these people who have died because they are confirmed to be townies who had sincere townie motivations. And sure, it doesn't mean they were right, but the people who lynched them thinking they were scum weren't right either.

lie detected

woop woop woop
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:39 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1955, MattP wrote:
This post gave me cancer

Eh, he's a newb, he's still learning.

Trollie, don't worry your lil head off, just switch to SpyreX.

don't encourage trevor please
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:44 am

Post by Chevre »

In post 809, Mastermind of Sin wrote:33 pages in a day and a half. Fuck this shit, literally. The only reason I don't replace out right now is because I made a deal with myko and I don't think he's going to find that many people willing to replace. Seriously, I'm not going to reread a single post that I miss in this game cuz fuck you guys. Also, still V/LA.

This is Mastermind of Sin's first post. It shows how disinterested he is in the game, which is definitely not a scumtell. But he IS disinterested in the game, which is why we need replacements.

In post 1087, Mastermind of Sin wrote:
In post 1007, zoraster wrote:um. apparently this game started. yeah... 41 pages in. Not going to read all of that. will be following now.

I hear you bro. Mod sent the role pms and then started the game without even bothering to tell us he was starting it. Pretty lamesauce...

However, this post did catch my eye. It's been my experience that games start soon after the Role PMs are sent out? It almost reads like ticked off scum who were unable to talk before Day 1.

zoraster might be worse than MoS, as he actually he appears to be interested in the game, but is not doing anything. He votes PeregrineV in 1621 with no rationalization, and then asks SpyreX to join him, still without reasoning. Note that this is all within his meager 4 posts, which are all 3 lines or less (if you count spacing lines as "lines.").

Nobody Special's voting record isn't the greatest:
He first votes IceGuy pre-mime discovery, which isn't too bad. He actually gives reasons.
He then switches to UberNinja, with his only reasoning being that he wanted Trevor to "inexplicably die."
He then switches to Luffy, and even admits that he is sheeping SpyreX.
He then switches to LowMan, in what simply appears to be an attempt to spite UberNinja, who said LowMan wasn't getting lynched.
He switches back to Luffy, still with no reasoning. When Luffy is lynched, he switches to UberNinja, with no further reasoning provided.
He then switches to kondi2424, with no reasoning.
And now he switches to me, in what appears to be sheeping, because he didn't provide any reasons.

Nobody Special:
Why do you think me, kondi2424, and UberNinja are scum? If you have reasons, why did you not say these reasons in the posts in which you voted them?

PEDIT: UberNinja, it's all in my ISO, but my posts so far:
12 posts on May 16, the day the game started
1 post on May 18
1 post on May 19
2 posts on May 20
3 posts on May 25
1 post on May 27
3 posts (including this one) on May 28
And unlike some other people, I've gone back and read where there were gaps. So I have been posting throughout the duration of the game, just not as often as you do. I see merit in SpyreX's suggestion to not post one-liners, and have tried to stick to that.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 4:46 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Vote Count
With 38 alive it is 10 to lynch.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 4:48 am

Post by manho »

In post 1960, Trevor wrote:
Pedit: Over justifying? Are you shitting me? Explain to me how overjustifying=scum. You've established that he over justified. Now connect that with being scum.

my theory is that town only need to justify a vote to himself, so voting without giving reasons is fine. however, you are more likely to be accused for that, or at least be asked why you vote. that may get you under scum-radar and you risk being lynched. that's why people vote and state his reason, ie. justify a vote. scum don't want to risk being lynched or being under scum-radar, so they want to justify their votes more than town. and therefore they are more likely to over-justify a vote. it happens more frequently when casting the last few vote, like chevre's vote at L-3.

the above is more theory than scum-hunting though.

In post 1948, Staeg wrote:No, manho, that's a playstyle thing.

i'm interested in that. is there links for games of the meta?

unvote
for now.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 4:50 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 1924, Chevre wrote:
In post 1912, callforjudgement wrote:(In short; his recent play hasn't been great, and checking the ISO showed me a whole lot of posts I didn't remember he made that are even worse. And it looks sort-of like he was trying to excuse them by pretending they didn't exist and hoping nobody would check; I honestly thought his first post here was just a few days ago.)

I agree that I probably did not deal with my case on Luffy in the correct way, but otherwise I see no problems with my recent play. Additionally, I think its sketchy to vote me simply because you do not remember my posts, especially when this game has had fifty players. In what ways am I trying to hide my pasts posts? I don't know why I would hide them when all of the reasons I have been voted have come recently.

It's more that you'd started acting like I used to act as scum; large walls when you come under suspicion to make it look like you were trying to catch up. (And the way you worded them, I'd assumed they were your first few posts of the game; it wasn't until checking your ISO that I realised they weren't.) I was prepared to lynch you as a lurker-who's-catching-up-in-a-scummy-way lynch, but reading the ISO to verify that showed that that wasn't the case. I still didn't like what I saw, though.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 4:53 am

Post by Staeg »

Your theory argument implies that townies don't care if they're lynched and that scum always play by the textbook.

I'll dig up those meta links when I'm at a computer.

Pedit: play. style.
sa vrede?
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 7:17 am

Post by UberNinja »

Yeah Chevre, you have 11 posts in the last 12 days. All of which are helpful and town-indicative.

Not.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 8:45 am

Post by TheTrollie »

over justifying is scummy because mafia is more concerned about looking like they have reasons for their votes than town so they dont look like they are voting to get a lynch or to bus or whatever. town votes to lynch scum. scum votes to forward their own agenda but they can't get caught doing so, and therefore they come up with arguments for why the vote is about finding scum rather than their hidden agenda. this time, the overjustification was super scummy though because there was already a large wagon on luffy and a lot of discussion on the issue. chevre was distancing his vote from wagon jumping. That is scummy. You can tell me other reasons why you think he is town but dont tell me my logic is flawed or stupid.

And I don’t care if you have been posting every day or not. What is important to note is that you posted 30 minutes after the second vote was placed on you. You hadn’t posted for almost two days before that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”