TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:38 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 699, Fritzler wrote:
In post 697, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 691, redFF wrote:
In post 653, TeChNoWC wrote:Inclined to think Milk might be a better lynch. Moneybags might not be giving reasons and seems to just be picking on randoms that give an appearance of scumminess, and seems like a pretty big non-contributor (plus yeah, buddying with BB is a concern), but Milk is behaving the same way. Gonna check the guys milk is after, but I swear it seems like a bussing tactic. He seems uber convinced Money is scum, and I could think of nothing better for a scum to do at this stage than lynch one of his buddies so he gets chucked in the town pool and forgotten.

In regards to the redFF issue, I think he is town because I have played with him as scum, and his playstyle is quite different. He is contributing a lot more in this game, and actually scumhunting. As scum he just defended himself and took shots at others.

what game was this?

We've only played one other game together, from memory. Ythan's game. I might have generalised a bit, but your style seems vastly different in this game.
IT'S A TELL! LYNCH HIM!

Lol not sure how, or for who. You referring to red's forgetfulness?

Also, assuming Kairyuu (correct if I am wrong, it was him yes?) is most likely town for the whole Governor thing and killing off the mimes, should he be the target of the doc for the first night?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:41 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 685, TeChNoWC wrote:My concern in a big game is, there are potentially 10 scum right? Or at least close to. Or maybe even more. Which means it is easy for them to gang up on town, if they so desire.

That's why the mafia will be divided into two or three teams. I suspect two teams of 5-6. It doesn't make sense to have one giant scumteam that can bully through mislynches.

I'm opposed to the notion of a town coaltion - these only work when it's obvious to the majority of players that the people running the show are town. We barely know what sort of game this is, how many scum there are, and what type of scum there are. I don't see how we can reliably make effective enough townreads that we can bank on this early.

And Fritzler definitely shouldn't be the one running it.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:46 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 701, Hoopla wrote:
In post 685, TeChNoWC wrote:My concern in a big game is, there are potentially 10 scum right? Or at least close to. Or maybe even more. Which means it is easy for them to gang up on town, if they so desire.

That's why the mafia will be divided into two or three teams. I suspect two teams of 5-6. It doesn't make sense to have one giant scumteam that can bully through mislynches.

I'm opposed to the notion of a town coaltion - these only work when it's obvious to the majority of players that the people running the show are town. We barely know what sort of game this is, how many scum there are, and what type of scum there are. I don't see how we can reliably make effective enough townreads that we can bank on this early.

And Fritzler definitely shouldn't be the one running it.

I'm not sure I would feel comfortable with anyone running it. If we were to do it it would need to be a somewhat of a democracy. I'm still not sure how it works in totality, so I can't say whether I like the idea or not, but it does seem somewhat risky.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:57 am

Post by T-Bone »

No one can 'lead' it because everyone still has to cast their own vote. It'll work if people are confident in their reads. And it won't if people aren't. The non-contributors could just as easy form a coalition of non-contributors to get rid of those of us who are. The rules allow for a lot of leeway. Really the biggest function of this I suppose it that for a period of time we wouldn't lynch each other until otherwise the need arises. I won't be lynching those 16 people on my town list right now.

I think we're spending too much time on this particular discussion though.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:58 am

Post by Fritzler »

In post 701, Hoopla wrote:And Fritzler definitely shouldn't be the one running it.
I think I would be pretty good. You should check out Random Mafia 2. I was a 2 shot day vig. 50% of the shots were Mafia godfathers. Having a coalition following me would be like being a day vig.
Surfs up dude.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:59 am

Post by Hoopla »

Anyone who cannot see that having a coalition in this game is stupid and makes no sense is automatically disqualified from being in charge of one.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 5:05 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 702, TeChNoWC wrote:If we were to do it it would need to be a somewhat of a democracy.

Thats how it would work in practice. No one is really going to be OK with 1 person deciding who we're lynching and then
baaaaaaa~aaa~aa~
. Its more like, this group of people makes the decisions, and you don't lynch from within that group until thats all who's left. Basically steamroll everyone else and hit most of the scum even though you pancake some townies as well in the process - assuming those making up the group are reasonably better than random at figuring out who's town.

pedit: tbone invite hoopla into the club before she ruins all the fun.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 5:08 am

Post by mykonian »

Votecount

moneybags (6): imaginality, TechnoWC, callforjudgement, T-bone, Rhinox, redff
T-bone (5): mattp, theamatuer, Thetrollie, luffy, petapan
bbmolla (2): Hoopla, muffin wednesday
uberninja (2): chevre, BBmolla
rhinox (2): dramonic, Trevor
RedFF (2): YYR, sleepykrew
elmo teh azn (1): zdenek
Milk (1): moneybags
Trevor (1): peregrinev
YYR (1): redFF
Luffy (1): uberninja
Spyrex (1): milk
Last edited by mykonian on Fri May 18, 2012 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 5:09 am

Post by Hoopla »

I'm starting a rival temporary coalition dedicated to the destruction of all other coalitions. Upon achievement of goal, we will promptly disband.

Accepting signups (1/10):

Hoopla
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 5:15 am

Post by T-Bone »

We're spending too much time on this shit.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 5:31 am

Post by petapan »

In post 659, Hoopla wrote:
In post 657, petapan wrote:no, he isn't. his posts are low-effort garbage inflated with things like useless lists to mask the lack of substance, hope this helps

I agree the lists thing is garbage, but a lot of people present their reads in garbage ways. I think his attempts to foster a voting bloc is town motivated, even though I think that is also pointless right now (and not including the right people). Calling someone scum for those reasons is even lazier than you think T-Bone is being.

i had considered that he was just really bad at posting but my biggest problem with him is that his only consideration for calling people town is "writes long posts" which granted is something some who is Really Dumb might think, but it's also a thing I could see scum doing because they're looking to call people town based on easy criterion without really evaluating them, essentially just cutting corners and only arguing with people they see as weak and it's something i could see myself doing as scum which is why i don't like it

fair point about the voting bloc intentions though, i disregarded it because normally i'd think it kind of null but given the voting mechanics this game it makes a little more sense for someone to want to do that so w/e

UNVOTE:

moneybags vote is okay i guess, he seemed mostly trolly to me but also pretty blatantly not trying, i think by the same critera elmo is worse so i'll go back to that lynch

VOTE: elmo
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 5:36 am

Post by petapan »

seriously would like people to conpare moneybags and elmo

i'm probably looking far too much into two prople who are both making rvs-style posts, but moneybags at least seems to have a read on milk and stick with it even if he doesn't explain it where elmo sheeps anything that comes along. feel like moneybags would be worth interrogating more before passing judgment.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 5:51 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Vote: moneybags
FLASH OF GREEN
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 5:57 am

Post by theamatuer »

In post 708, Hoopla wrote:I'm starting a rival temporary coalition dedicated to the destruction of all other coalitions. Upon achievement of goal, we will promptly disband.

Accepting signups (1/10):

Hoopla

I'll join till T-bone gets rid of his
Its just whatever
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 5:58 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

50 people.
Expected to make comprehensive posts. Yeah not happening.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 7:35 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 655, Rhinox wrote:wtf..
just for you muffin *smooch*

no fucking way am I lynching tbone and not just because I'm in his town block but because he is ACTUALLY TRYING. Too many of you are playing like you think you're hot shit and filling the thread with crap. I take back what I said before about policy lynches there are about 5-10 of you I wish I could nuke right now.

vote bbmolla

looked at the top 3 wagons, this one looks the best. Fucking 62 post iso of fluff in less than 24 hours. No thank you. Please kindly be lynched now.

Please tell me the irony here was intended.

In my last 40 posts, quote the ones that are complete fluff.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 7:38 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 706, Rhinox wrote:
In post 702, TeChNoWC wrote:If we were to do it it would need to be a somewhat of a democracy.

Thats how it would work in practice. No one is really going to be OK with 1 person deciding who we're lynching and then
baaaaaaa~aaa~aa~
. Its more like, this group of people makes the decisions, and you don't lynch from within that group until thats all who's left. Basically steamroll everyone else and hit most of the scum even though you pancake some townies as well in the process - assuming those making up the group are reasonably better than random at figuring out who's town.

This. I would consider a in-thread masonry with TBone, Rhinox, & TechNow. Future additions pending.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 7:42 am

Post by BBmolla »

I'm starting to get the feeling that sheeping me is a scumtell.

VOTE: Moneybags
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 7:43 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 715, BBmolla wrote:In my last 40 posts, quote the ones that are complete fluff.

I just scrolled to a random place and started quoting

Spoiler: IF YOU'RE NOT BBMOLLA DON'T CLICK THIS
In post 390, BBmolla wrote:
In post 386, BBmolla wrote:@izak: Insisting the Red lynch is anything but policy.

In post 409, BBmolla wrote:Matt come over and hammer real quick

In post 435, BBmolla wrote:
@Matt:
If you claim scum you don't need a doc because you'll have 3-5 people saying that only scum would do that and you will survive.

:D

In post 461, BBmolla wrote:T-Bone is mime.

In post 513, BBmolla wrote:I'm off to a concert, feel free to lynch me, just remember my reads.

In post 615, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Uberninja

In post 617, BBmolla wrote:WAIT WUT

ALSO LOL

In post 618, BBmolla wrote:
@myk: Was Chesskid not a mime?

Yes, he was. But he hardly was surviving enough to leave the town now. He has lost though

In post 621, BBmolla wrote:^No.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 7:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 716, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 706, Rhinox wrote:

baaaaaaa~aaa~aa~

This. I would consider a in-thread masonry with TBone, Rhinox, & TechNow. Future additions pending.

Oh yeah, and Wednesday Muffin.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 7:44 am

Post by UberNinja »

Ok, I've done an extensive re-read of the game, and here are my reads on everyone:

Spoiler:
In
this
game? YEAH RIGHT

...admit it, you totally fell for it.

And here are the correlations between possible scum pairs/trios based on my reads:

Spoiler:
The fact that you even
opened
this spoiler speaks poorly to your adaptive learning skills.

On the bright side though, it might say something good about your sense of humor! :cool:
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 7:45 am

Post by BBmolla »

UN stop being scum

Could you at least pretend to try to be town

Mimes are dead you don't have any excuse any more
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 7:47 am

Post by Amrun »

Oh, God, I don't think I can read all of this. I would say I will catch up, but realistically speaking, I probably won't as it will keep growing at an insane rate.

Fritz - MoS is v/la right now.

dramonic will probably CONTINUE to not post and lurk, so that's a great policy lynch, as is Captain Corporal, as I noted earlier. And Moneybags probably isn't the worst ever, but the other two would be better. I have 0 opinion on any of their alignments at this point.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 7:49 am

Post by T-Bone »

v/la Friday thru Sunday btw. (OH GOD)

UN needs rope next for that post.

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 7:49 am

Post by UberNinja »

STOP BEING A KILLJOY BBMOLLA =[

In all seriousness, I'll probably skim the game at some point and place a real vote.
For now though, there's way too much shit flying around for me to give a rat's ass.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”