Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Hey guys, I'm replacing Aelyn so I'm off to catch up. Should have something up tonight, if not tomorrow for sure.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:44 am

Post by Sotty7 »

OK I've had a read though and this is what I have come up with. After what happened yesterday my main suspicions lie with Adele and the way the Stevie lynch was handled and how she pressured Twito to hammer. I don't like it one bit.
Adele wrote:I’m currently thinking that patterns are yet to truly show; not so’s we can tell with any certainty, anyhow. PBuG and Stevie’s behaviour on page one looks to me like the usual game-start mindless spamming. Y’know? Spamwise’s comments, similarly, look entirely innocuous to my eye, and don’t worry me. But LostProphet’s response then to Spamwise… I don’t like it, not at all. Eh. That does not necessarily imply the scumminess, though, of Lostprophet - or copycat Stevie; their response may be genuine. Nevertheless, I, apparently like PBuG, Spam and notguilty, do feel cautious of stevie and lostprophet. Since lostprophet said what he saw and gave reasoning, I trust him somewhat more.

I don’t know if the above paragraph makes any sense to any of you… suffice it to say,
small FOS: Stevie
Although this is a very wordy paragraph I do agree with her points on the early spamming behavior. It was harmless. What i find odd about all this is that rather commit to her points about Stevie and LP she throws a
small
FOS in Stevie's direction. That makes no sense to me and just feels all wrong. Scum weighing in on the first important point of the game without trying to look too eager perhaps? Perhaps I'm being overly paranoid about the use of the word “small”

OK more people come in and vote Stevie and I can understand why, players like that annoy me too, with the whole “I'm generating discussion” as an excuse to act scummy. That said, it looks like he archived his goal cause he's giving me things to work off.... anyway
Adele wrote:I would also like an RC from Stevie.
What? Why? This is Adele's
very
next post. So we jump from a “well he's kinda suspicious” to a “Claim your role now!” with no explanation in between. I don't get that at all. I'm sure after reading this Adele you'll come up with a few great reasons why you wanted Stevie to role claim but my point is why did you not post those reasons there and then? In essence, your doing pretty much what Stevie was in that you're leaving no explanation for your actions. Not a good thing.
Adele wrote:@notguilty: hmm... that makes sense (amending "vig" as "other power, eg vig or backup"), except I'd expect 3 mafia plus an sk. 4 anti-town, 4 vanilla seems most typical in minis; that'd make any non-power-claimant even odds scum or niceguy (
assuming
that's the setup; don't forget that outguessing the mod tends to be a bad idea)
Aelyn wrote:Also, I have a strong feeling he is Faith. But I'm not sure what alignment Faith would be.
As I say, we don't know the setup. A rolename cop's a real possibility in a theme game, and Stevie knows it. His claim really gives us no additional info on his allegiance.

Although I'd expect to see Faith as a power.
The mention of vig brought it up - that fits her character
well (including the possibility of meaning to kill a bad guy but... oops! that's a nice-guy human! :P )

Unvote, vote: Stevie

That brings him back up to one short of a lynch
so no fair speedlynching then claiming ignorance after.
OK, after some speculating about the set up and agreeing he could be a vig, which is a pro town role you vote Stevie? Wha? I don't get the thought process here. Are you voting him because in your opinion you think Faith is more likely to be power role and so Stevie is lying about being a plain townie? If so, why not just say that. I see no mention anywhere that you find Stevie's actions so far scummy but you still drop a vote on him putting him one away from lynch. I don't like your reasoning and I don't like your little disclaimer attempting to sound pro town by warning everyone all it needs is one more vote for a lynch. It feels like your already trying to distance yourself from what you know will be a failed lynch. Your shifting the responsibilities of the lynch on to the next person to vote Stevie when really, all on his wagon are responsible for it.
Adele wrote:Seems improbable to me... but then, improbable roles are far from unheard-of. I'll hold my vote for now, though.
This is reaction to Faith always being second to Buffy and so a townie . I don't agree that its improbable but this could just be your opinion,
or
you could just be keeping the heat turned up on Stevie. Maybe both.

The town talks about no one buying that Faith is just a simple townie. Nobody mentions that although Stevie acted crazy he didn't really have anything to gain from it. If he was scum he was drawing attention to himself and if he was town he would just make an easy lynch. Then Adele pops up again here and starts talking about Twito and to be honest I don't like this because I got a very strong pro town vibe from him while reading the game. I'm willing to put a little of that down to hindsight for me as I knew he was pro town, but still I felt nothing scummy from his posts. I also don't like this because she was trying to set up todays lynch as well and that's never a good thing. I think Twito gave valid reasons for why he was willing to believe Faith as a townie and Adele was looking to put pressure on one of the other active players to make them cave and hammer Stevie

Twito of course responds (with some good points) but then so does Adele here with some equally good points and this is where I doubt my instincts. But then Adele is a very good player from my experience so just because I can understand her reasoning doesn't mean I should buy it. Each paragraph is a good point until the end. She outlines that she believes Twito to be Stevie's scum partner and to me it feels like she's just applying more pressure to Twito to be the hammer vote by saying he's scum, so he'll say “no I'm not, look vote: Stevie”

Twito then almost explodes and posts against Adele, bringing up some good points but then gives into to the pressure anyway and hammers Stevie
Twito wrote:Now it seems we gotta find out whether Stevie is town or mafia so lets find out.
Hammer
Vote: Stevie

And Adele you can be sure I'm after you tomorrow.
Almost as a way to prove he is not scum. It's a shame he didn't stick to his guns and that nobody else really backed him up against Adele because I personally think he was on to something. Also he ends up dead during the night. Maybe Adele and her scum buddies decided to off him or the other killing group decided to make Adele look bad and kill him off instead. Either way, with how day one went Adele is looking quite bad in my eyes.

Now LP and Adele seem to be arguing over something, but to be honest, the whole exchange confuses me. I'm not quite sure what they are arguing over but it's interesting to watch. I had a few suspicions about LP mainly because I couldn't remember anything that he really did in the game. Going after Adele is the right thing in my mind, but the way he did was a little strange, to me anyway.

I realize this post is long for a fist real post into a game and for that I'm sorry, I just had a lot to say about Adele. As for the rest of the town

PBuG – Not a whole lot of content but pretty constant. Keeping a vote on a claimed mason is a little iffy but understandable seeing how Spam has been playing

Lostprophet – Seemed to miss most of day one and gave up on Adele once she started to pressure him. I'd like to hear more form him on who he thinks is scummy and why

Pug89 – Lurker. Need more posts and content from this guy. After his quick vote of Spam putting him one away from lynch I think he's likely to be Adele's scum partner.

SpamWise – Acted scummy then claimed mason. Claim fits his actions sadly as I've seen masons play this way just because they have something to fall back on

notguilty – The game speculation is never good and seemed a poor reason to keep a vote on somebody. Joined Adele in the attack on LP with a dose of OMGUS in there. I don't like what I have seen and I think he's possible scum.

So after all that

Vote: Adele

Mainly for the poorly reasoned vote on Stevie combined with asking for a role claim when having no real reason to do so. The stuff with Twito is all really conjecture, even I'll admit that, but it all adds up and I think she is the scummiest player in the game right now, so most likely to be scum. Hence my vote.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:00 am

Post by TBuG »

People always analyze better than me :( That's a very thorough analysis, and I think I'll trust it. You brought up some very interesting points (especially Adele saying he's likely to be protown and then voting him). I'll agree with it for now.
Unvote, Vote: Adele
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:24 pm

Post by Adele »

I'm afraid I cannot post a full defence right now (insert excuse here :wink: but I'm due at work in 40 minutes) - the one point I'd make, then, in the time that I have is:
PBuG wrote:People always analyze better than me :( That's a very thorough analysis, and I think I'll trust it. You brought up some very interesting points (especially Adele saying he's likely to be protown and then voting him). I'll agree with it for now.
Unvote, Vote: Adele
My point there was that I'd perhaps expect Faith in the game, but as power
or
scum -
not vanilla
, so the claim looked exceedingly unlikely to me.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:24 am

Post by TBuG »

Well, I hope your full defense addresses everything, because most of that stuff makes you very scummy.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:08 pm

Post by Adele »

PBuG wrote:Well, I hope your full defense addresses everything, because most of that stuff makes you very scummy.
:? Seems awfully sheepy...
Sotty7 wrote:OK I've had a read though and this is what I have come up with. After what happened yesterday my main suspicions lie with Adele and the way the Stevie lynch was handled and how she pressured Twito to hammer. I don't like it one bit.
I wasn't trying to pressure Twito to hammer - I think at one point I said "I'm not talking to you", actually - I was so focused on what I thought I'd discovered that he had become irrelevant to me as an agent.
Sotty7 wrote:
Adele wrote:I’m currently thinking that patterns are yet to truly show; not so’s we can tell with any certainty, anyhow. PBuG and Stevie’s behaviour on page one looks to me like the usual game-start mindless spamming. Y’know? Spamwise’s comments, similarly, look entirely innocuous to my eye, and don’t worry me. But LostProphet’s response then to Spamwise… I don’t like it, not at all. Eh. That does not necessarily imply the scumminess, though, of Lostprophet - or copycat Stevie; their response may be genuine. Nevertheless, I, apparently like PBuG, Spam and notguilty, do feel cautious of stevie and lostprophet. Since lostprophet said what he saw and gave reasoning, I trust him somewhat more.

I don’t know if the above paragraph makes any sense to any of you… suffice it to say,
small FOS: Stevie
Although this is a very wordy paragraph I do agree with her points on the early spamming behavior. It was harmless. What i find odd about all this is that rather commit to her points about Stevie and LP she throws a
small
FOS in Stevie's direction. That makes no sense to me and just feels all wrong. Scum weighing in on the first important point of the game without trying to look too eager perhaps? Perhaps I'm being overly paranoid about the use of the word “small”
It just tweaked a little and I wanted to be clear on that - that it wasn't an accusation per se. I also do explain in that paragraph why I was FOS-ing Stevie and not LP - Stevie was just agreeing with the post above him, which tend to worry me sometimes.
Sotty7 wrote:OK more people come in and vote Stevie and I can understand why, players like that annoy me too, with the whole “I'm generating discussion” as an excuse to act scummy. That said, it looks like he archived his goal cause he's giving me things to work off.... anyway
Adele wrote:I would also like an RC from Stevie.
What? Why? This is Adele's
very
next post. So we jump from a “well he's kinda suspicious” to a “Claim your role now!” with no explanation in between. I don't get that at all. I'm sure after reading this Adele you'll come up with a few great reasons why you wanted Stevie to role claim but my point is why did you not post those reasons there and then? In essence, your doing pretty much what Stevie was in that you're leaving no explanation for your actions. Not a good thing.
WTH??? It's right there: "I would
also
like an RC"

Quick PBPA of what people said between those two posts:
Stevie
: Vote Jecht
notguilty
: vote Stevie
Twito
: VC plz, Stevie has 5 votes, Maybe RC? Unvote
Spamwise
: Stevie's just an idiot IMHO
Stevie
: I am generating discussion
Twito
: & making urself look scummy, stop it!
Pug89
: FOS Stevie; U R not helping. Want to hear defence, am considering voting
Spamwise
: "I am generating discussion"
was
his defense
notguilty
: any other defence stevie?
LP
: Stevie sucks, not helping. vote stevie
Twito
: Want RC. FOS Stevie
Armlx
: VC (Stevie on 5, 6 to lynch)
Adele
: also want RC

So. With 5 votes, and at least one person who only unvoted him in order to give him a chance to defend himself / RC (RC's having been mentioned already by Twito twice), after Stevie presented what appeared to be the length and breadth of any defence he was likely to, you think it's scummy not to give a blow-by-blow of why I want an RC?

[Sotty7]
Adele wrote:...
Unvote, vote: Stevie

That brings him back up to one short of a lynch
so no fair speedlynching then claiming ignorance after.
...and I don't like your little disclaimer attempting to sound pro town by warning everyone all it needs is one more vote for a lynch. It feels like your already trying to distance yourself from what you know will be a failed lynch.
Your shifting the responsibilities of the lynch on to the next person to vote Stevie
when really, all on his wagon are responsible for it. [/quote]Bullcrap; I am not. I am closing the door on a pseudo-accidental lynch. Absolutely, all on the wagon are responsible (including your predecessor), but some are more responsible than others and it's pretty common for scum to drop the hammer out of the blue and then say they didn't realise that was a lynch. I've seen it happen more than once, and I'm still pretty new.

[quote="Sotty7]The town talks about no one buying that Faith is just a simple townie. Nobody mentions that although Stevie acted crazy he didn't really have anything to gain from it. If he was scum he was drawing attention to himself and if he was town he would just make an easy lynch. [/quote]Um... assuming you're right about that... then, I'm evil because I missed something that absolutely everyone else missed?
Sotty7 wrote: Then Adele pops up again here and starts talking about Twito and to be honest I don't like this because I got a very strong pro town vibe from him while reading the game. I'm willing to put a little of that down to hindsight for me as I knew he was pro town, but still I felt nothing scummy from his posts. I also don't like this because she was trying to set up todays lynch as well and that's never a good thing. I think Twito gave valid reasons for why he was willing to believe Faith as a townie and Adele was looking to put pressure on one of the other active players to make them cave and hammer Stevie

Twito of course responds (with some good points) but then so does Adele here with some equally good points and this is where I doubt my instincts. But then Adele is a very good player from my experience so just because I can understand her reasoning doesn't mean I should buy it. Each paragraph is a good point until the end. She outlines that she believes Twito to be Stevie's scum partner and to me it feels like she's just applying more pressure to Twito to be the hammer vote by saying he's scum, so he'll say “no I'm not, look vote: Stevie”
What? Wait, I raise many valid points against Twito, present my conclusion, because I am scum hoping against hope that Twito (who, according to this theory, I know to be innocent) will act in a scummy manner and lynch someone just to look more innocent to the rest of us? That was
not
the pro-town response to my accusations of him. What's my next cunning manouvre? Get some cops to claim different results than those they got? :roll:

[quote="Sotty7]... Also he ends up dead during the night. Maybe Adele and her scum buddies decided to off him or the other killing group decided to make Adele look bad and kill him off instead. Either way, with how day one went Adele is looking quite bad in my eyes.[/quote]This is where the whole thing falls apart. That makes no sense.
In the hypothetical where I am scum, what am I doing? Taking pains to stand out, accusing a twonie pair of being a scum pair (so that when one dies, the accusation will lose all authority), desperately attacking one person in the hopes that they'll hammer another (an unproductive reaction) and then killing that person in the night because...? How does his death make me look bad?I don't get it.

I've gotten it a couple times this game; people saying "Adele says XYZ and that looksz suspicious" without saying
why
it looks suspicious, and I don't know how to defend myself against an attack I don't even understand.

So I will say this: Stevie was probably going to die. My speculation would have given a lead to follow today if Stevie turned out evil (as I, like most, thought he would). As soon as night fell and Stevie turned up innocent, everything I said about Twito became moot.
Sotty7 wrote:Now LP and Adele seem to be arguing over something, but to be honest, the whole exchange confuses me. I'm not quite sure what they are arguing over but it's interesting to watch. I had a few suspicions about LP mainly because I couldn't remember anything that he really did in the game. Going after Adele is the right thing in my mind, but the way he did was a little strange, to me anyway.
LP's on my suspect list; I may well be revisiting my original tweak on him.
Sotty7 wrote:PBuG – Not a whole lot of content but pretty constant. Keeping a vote on a claimed mason is a little iffy but understandable seeing how Spam has been playing
I don't like how he targeted Spam and I don't like how he's targeting me - "I agree with above" posts are a tell, especially when the argument's as weak as I think sotty's accusation of me is.
Sotty7 wrote:SpamWise – Acted scummy then claimed mason. Claim fits his actions sadly as I've seen masons play this way just because they have something to fall back on
And it doesn't seem to fit his player profile to be that incredibly gutsy precedent-breaking scum who goes ahead and claims mason.
Sotty7 wrote:[votes Adele]...mainly for the poorly reasoned vote on Stevie combined with asking for a role claim when having no real reason to do so. The stuff with Twito is all really conjecture, even I'll admit that, but it all adds up and I think she is the scummiest player in the game right now, so most likely to be scum. Hence my vote.
1. The problem with that is that there were
clearly
good reasons to vote for Stevie - else how did he hit a majority? My reasons were fairly well represented, I think... he seemed scummy prior to the RC, and then the RC seemed very improbable to me. I'm a huge Buffy fan, and Faith as a vanilla? Pfff. Possibly a vig, yes, but Stevie claimed vanilla and no townie would
ever
lie, right? (Okay, that's me being idealistic, sorry)
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:15 pm

Post by Adele »

I thought I should put this seperately: I think we
are
in LyLo. With 2 deaths a night, it's reasonable to assume there'll be 2 deaths tonight bringing us down (after today's lynch) to 4 people. Even if there is a scum group of 2 and an sk, assuming worst case scenario of bad lynch & no crosskills tonight, 2 of 4 living tomorrow will be in a scum group --> a scum win.

And it's four to lynch today. And I have 2 votes on me. So if both voters are GG's then the scum can jump on and win the game.

Which would be bad.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:35 pm

Post by Pug89 »

Unvote
because of SpamWise's claim.
Even though his claim has made me unvote I'm still suspicious of him and unless he begins to use logic when he makes accusations my vote will probably go back to him.
Pug89 – Lurker. Need more posts and content from this guy. After his quick vote of Spam putting him one away from lynch I think he's likely to be Adele's scum partner
Why was my vote quick? SpamWise had continuously been accusing me since immediatly after my first post in this game and has given only his gut feeling as reasoning. Him attacking me as aggressivly as he has for nearly the entire duration of the game so far without any susbtantiation reeks of scummy activity to me. He had plenty of opportunity to give reasons for his suspiciouns yet failed to do so and when forced to his answer doesn't provide any actual reasoning.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:05 pm

Post by TBuG »

I'm satisfied.

Unvote; Vote: lostprophet
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:08 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Adele wrote:So. With 5 votes, and at least one person who only unvoted him in order to give him a chance to defend himself / RC (RC's having been mentioned already by Twito twice), after Stevie presented what appeared to be the length and breadth of any defence he was likely to, you think it's scummy not to give a blow-by-blow of why I want an RC?
What I think is scummy is the fact you never said anything like – “gonna defend yourself Stevie?” or “Wow that's a lot of votes in such a short space of time, can someone unvote so Stevie can at least try and defend himself?” You just wanted a roleclaim, even though
you
weren't voting him at the time. Hell I might have even let you off if you had said you were thinking of voting him, but nothing.
That's
what I find scummy.
Adele wrote:Bullcrap; I am not. I am closing the door on a pseudo-accidental lynch. Absolutely, all on the wagon are responsible (including your predecessor), but some are more responsible than others and it's pretty common for scum to drop the hammer out of the blue and then say they didn't realise that was a lynch. I've seen it happen more than once, and I'm still pretty new.
Actually, I can buy this. I just found that comment scummy once I tied it in with everything else. It just gave me a bad feeling.
Adele wrote:What? Wait, I raise many valid points against Twito, present my conclusion, because I am scum hoping against hope that Twito (who, according to this theory, I know to be innocent) will act in a scummy manner and lynch someone just to look more innocent to the rest of us? That was not the pro-town response to my accusations of him. What's my next cunning manouvre? Get some cops to claim different results than those they got?
I honestly did not find Twito scummy at all from reading his posts. But like I said in the last post I already knew him to be pro town so I'm willing to believe some of my feelings of him being innocent was because of that, but still I don't think Twito was scummy for not revoting Stevie and he seemed to be the only person willing to buy his role claim and he did give reasons why based on the timing of the series. Basically, I don't agree you had valid points against Twito. That's the whole point of this little theory of mine.
Adele wrote:This is where the whole thing falls apart. That makes no sense.
In the hypothetical where I am scum, what am I doing? Taking pains to stand out, accusing a twonie pair of being a scum pair (so that when one dies, the accusation will lose all authority), desperately attacking one person in the hopes that they'll hammer another (an unproductive reaction) and then killing that person in the night because...? How does his death make me look bad?I don't get it.
Yeah I agree with this. This whole part is WIFOM anyways so it's not worth basing an opinion off that alone.
Adele wrote:I don't like how he targeted Spam and I don't like how he's targeting me - "I agree with above" posts are a tell, especially when the argument's as weak as I think sotty's accusation of me is.
I agree the whole “I agree with the above post” thing is a tell, but I don't agree my accusation is weak but then yeah, I would say that
Adele wrote:
I wrote:SpamWise – Acted scummy then claimed mason. Claim fits his actions sadly as I've seen masons play this way just because they have something to fall back on
And it doesn't seem to fit his player profile to be that incredibly gutsy precedent-breaking scum who goes ahead and claims mason.
I've only played a few games with Spam so I wouldn't be able to say with my hand on my heart either way about this.
Adele wrote:1. The problem with that is that there were clearly good reasons to vote for Stevie - else how did he hit a majority? My reasons were fairly well represented, I think... he seemed scummy prior to the RC, and then the RC seemed very improbable to me. I'm a huge Buffy fan, and Faith as a vanilla? Pfff. Possibly a vig, yes, but Stevie claimed vanilla and no townie would ever lie, right? (Okay, that's me being idealistic, sorry)
He seemed
slightly
scummy to you remember? The small FOS? Then when you voted him the reasoning was weak. You agreed he might be a vig and still voted. You didn't push or probe for more info you just speculated about the setup and bam a vote. Almost out of nowhere I'd say...oh no wait, you covered you bases with that FOS right? Never did you say he was scummy, I guess that's my biggest problem with this.

However, your point about LyLo causes me to
Unvote
for now. I'll wait for the rest of the town to weigh in and see if any new points can be brought up. Once that's done, I'm sure my vote will be heading back in your direction Adele because no one struck me quite as scummy as you have.
Pug89 wrote:Why was my vote quick? SpamWise had continuously been accusing me since immediatly after my first post in this game and has given only his gut feeling as reasoning. Him attacking me as aggressivly as he has for nearly the entire duration of the game so far without any susbtantiation reeks of scummy activity to me. He had plenty of opportunity to give reasons for his suspiciouns yet failed to do so and when forced to his answer doesn't provide any actual reasoning.
It was quick to me because you hadn't posted much in the game and then you sandwiched one of Spam's posts with a vote. Just felt quick on my read.
Pug89 wrote:SpamWise has accused me of being scum throughout the game with no reasoning given behind these accusations.
Vote: SpamWise

I'm aware that this puts him one away from a lynch but his continual accusations without anything to back them up make me very suspicious of him.
To me it reads as a OMGUS vote that puts him one away from a lynch, in my book to put someone so close to lynch you should want a better reason than...”Oh well he suspects me so now I suspect him.”. I get it's annoying that he gave no reasoning or anything, but you didn't even try and pin him for scum I just didn't like how quickly you were willing to risk the town. That's why I find you scummy. Also not commenting on this whole Adele situation looks pretty bad for you too.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:26 pm

Post by armlx »

Bump for posting and to get it above the dead games....
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:51 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Hello...rest of the town?

FOS: Adele
- Just to keep the pressure there.

Maybe some prods are in order? Spam hasn't posted for a week now
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:37 am

Post by TBuG »

I still think lp is the scummiest for the reasons I've stated.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:55 am

Post by Sotty7 »

What reasons? Here's everything you said about LP
PBuG wrote:
Vote: lostprophet
DAMN CODING. I'M NOT YOUR BITCH, BITCH. (I've always wanted to say that...)
PBuG wrote:Lostprophet: Isn't coming off as town, in my opinion.
Unvote, Vote: lostprophet
PBuG wrote:If lostprophet can convince me that he himself is town, I'll change my vote.
PBuG wrote:I'm satisfied.

Unvote; Vote: lostprophet
Yeah....That's a whole lot of nothing.

FOS: PBuG
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:39 am

Post by TBuG »

2nd one of those is my reasoning, that's after I read over the entire thread. I don't remember when the first one was, but the fourth one was a re-vote after I switched to Adele.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:34 am

Post by Sotty7 »

OK - Why isn't he coming off as town in your opinion?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Adele »

Many apologies for my absence... :? not that you've done all that much in the meantime.
Sotty7 wrote:Hello...rest of the town?

FOS: Adele
- Just to keep the pressure there.

Maybe some prods are in order? Spam hasn't posted for a week now
I'm sorry, I thought I'd answered enough of your points sufficiently well that you were satisfied.

Okay, well, going back to:
Sotty7 wrote:
Adele wrote:What? Wait, I raise many valid points against Twito, present my conclusion, because I am scum hoping against hope that Twito (who, according to this theory, I know to be innocent) will act in a scummy manner and lynch someone just to look more innocent to the rest of us? That was not the pro-town response to my accusations of him. What's my next cunning manouvre? Get some cops to claim different results than those they got?
I honestly did not find Twito scummy at all from reading his posts. But like I said in the last post I already knew him to be pro town so I'm willing to believe some of my feelings of him being innocent was because of that, but still I don't think Twito was scummy for not revoting Stevie and he seemed to be the only person willing to buy his role claim and he did give reasons why based on the timing of the series. Basically, I don't agree you had valid points against Twito. That's the whole point of this little theory of mine.
Sorry, when I said "I raise many valid points against Twito", I thought I was paraphrasing this:
Sotty7 wrote:Twito of course responds (with some good points) but then so does Adele here with some equally good points and this is where I doubt my instincts. But then Adele is a very good player from my experience so just because I can understand her reasoning doesn't mean I should buy it.
Each paragraph is a good point until the end.
She outlines that she believes Twito to be Stevie's scum partner and to me it feels like she's just applying more pressure to Twito to be the hammer vote by saying he's scum, so he'll say “no I'm not, look vote: Stevie”
Basically, then, I think I complete my reply to you by saying that if I were scum then there does not appear to be any benefit to tying two townies together as likely co-scum (I can't see a scenario in which that behaviour would benefit me), so the fact that I associated two players that turned out to both be townies is not evidence that I am scum (though it isn't evidence that I'm pro-town either; I
think
that it's neutral). So, then, the remaining reason for distrusting me is for too sudden, dramatic and unexplained an increase in suspicion towards Stevie. For that, I can only apologise. I agree, it was lazy, it was unhelpful, and it reflects badly on me. I
don't
think that it's enough, taken alone, to suspect me when there are several others who are behaving more suspiciously.

I hope that's now a comprehensive rebuttal. If I've missed anything, do say so.

Mod
, I know I'm hardly one to talk, but could we get some prods down here?

PBuG, you're acting very oddly indeed; I didn't like your vote on me (you know what I mean :P ) and I don't like your vote on LP. It might be that you're very busy, and i can respect that, but three votes on LP versus a total of 38 words on LP - and I'm including the votes and the joke. Doesn't seem overly towntastic to me. IGMEOY though, to be fair, IGMEOE (everyone)
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:36 am

Post by Sotty7 »

The whole twito thing is very WIFOM and based on if this opinion is right then I can form this opinion and so on. So if I'm wrong about you being scum then, yeah it all falls apart. My big point on you is your vote on Stevie and I found that combined with how you acted towards Twito just made you look worse in my eyes. I think the FOS is fair enough but the way you handled my questions does set me at ease a little. Plus I agree with you that certain others are acting very suspicious.

PbuG, could you please come and answer my question? Pretty pretty please? I know you've been posting in at least one other game (because I'm reading it) so your extended absence + your recent actions is looking pretty bad.

I'll also second the call for
prods
on all
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:42 am

Post by TBuG »

Sotty7 wrote:OK - Why isn't he coming off as town in your opinion?
I reread the entire thread and I thought the scummiest person was lostprophet because of certain things he did and said.

My vote on Stevie was justified by how scummy he was acting throughout the first day. I honestly did not believe that Faith could be a vanilla townie. I honestly can't remember how I acted towards Twito, but that's what I get for playing about 10 games at once.

My extended absence isn't as bad as others. At least I've been posting. I honestly don't see what makes me so scummy, but then, I never do. Maybe I'm just acting my age.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:54 am

Post by Sotty7 »

PBuG wrote:
I reread the entire thread and I thought the scummiest person was lostprophet because of certain things he did and said.
What things? Can you quote them for us and say why they came across as scummy? Not posting your reasons is pretty scummy especially when you said you posted some reasons when it turns out..you didn't. Seeing a players thought process helps the town as a whole and also me figure them out a little.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:26 am

Post by TBuG »

I analyzed, and I decided not to quote posts. I'll try and find them.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Hello everyone. I'm back and better than ever (hopefully), just let me catch up.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Post by Adele »

PBuG wrote:
:evil: Oh, come on, PBuG! Sotty asked the question four times, and you've been here long enough to know what a valid answer is, yet you've been stonewalling on the issue for nearly a week (and, more damningly, across three posts).
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:56 pm

Post by Pug89 »

To me it reads as a OMGUS vote that puts him one away from a lynch, in my book to put someone so close to lynch you should want a better reason than...”Oh well he suspects me so now I suspect him.”. I get it's annoying that he gave no reasoning or anything, but you didn't even try and pin him for scum I just didn't like how quickly you were willing to risk the town. That's why I find you scummy. Also not commenting on this whole Adele situation looks pretty bad for you too.

Continually failing to provide reasoning while voting for a person is something I have seen scum do in the past and usually makes me at least a little suspicous of the person. I'm aware that it could appear as a OMGUS vote but the fact he was voting for me had nothing to do with my vote on him. I voted for him because the lack of reasoning in his accusations made me suspicious of him.

FOS: PBuG
for similar reasons I'm suspicious of SpamWise; he's voted for LostProphet more than once without any reasoning given. However, unlike SpamWise ,who said his suspicions where based solely on his gut felling, PBuG insist he has reasons but remains extremly vauge on what those reasons are.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Post by TBuG »

I honestly haven't had the chance to find the posts. I'm a busy high school with some summer homework and on top of that I have Burning Man to prepare for. I will Friday. I can't tomorrow because it's my birthday.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”