WoT Mafia, GAME OVER

Was this an enjoyable game?

Yes
30%
No
15%
Maybe
5%
I haven't read the damn game yet, but I need to vote in any polls that come along.
50%

Total votes: 20

Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:24 am

Post by Anonymities »

It would probably be possible for us to get an idea of if there is a 'gunsmith' type role by searching flipping through the wheel of time characters. Wasn't there one Ajah that had its only goal to be collaring men that could use the one power? I think it was yellow but I could be mistaken, its been a very looonnnggg time since I read the books. I guess we will wait and see what happens with Spamwise....for now.
Cyan
Cyan
Townie
Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:27 am

Post by Cyan »

There was an Ajah(Red) that basically existed only to find men who could channel and gentle them(prevent them from ever channeling again). Only the Seanchan use the A'dam. Well, some of the Black Ajah and Moghedien or Graendel or one of those tried to get a collar around Rand's neck, but, there is only one A'dam that works on a male in existence.

Anyway, the gunsmithing thing is definetely interesting.

I think that the Forsaken and Black Ajah are 2 seperate scum groups. For one thing, one scum group of 8 people is pretty powerful, especially with only 28 players. Plus, with so many deaths, some of it had to come from scum groups NKing each other, it seems like. Flavorwise(which I don't think should be weighed TOO heavily, but, somewhat) the Forsaken used the Black Ajah to kill each other/meddle against each other.
Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:51 am

Post by Anonymities »

My guess is that the pro-town 'slayer' is Rand Al'Thor. Basically we have to get him enough information so that he can NK the black Ajah and forsaken. Rand is definetly a player in this game. Although based on his insanity in the books, he could always be a type of SK. That would be kind of weird though.

Also, I wonder what kind of role the Whitecloaks play. Things to mull on while we wait for spamwise.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:11 am

Post by Tamuz »

Why must Rand play
or must there be Whitecloaks today
The game is too small to include all you say
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:53 am

Post by Anonymities »

Rand is one of the major characters. If perrin is in it, logically Rand should be. I'm not sure about the whitecloaks.
Cyan
Cyan
Townie
Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:49 pm

Post by Cyan »

Rand never succumbed to the madness, in fact he(with considerable help from..basically everybody) cleansed Saidin of the taint at the end of Winter's Heart.

Also, I couldn't see ANY circumstances that would have Rand not being in the game, he's the main character of the entire series. I don't think that any Whitecloaks are in the game, though.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:34 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Spaaaaaamwise...

SpaaaAAAAAAmmmmmwiiiiiiise...

*drums fingers impatiently*
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:48 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Basically, there isn't enough room, in Tamuz's opinion, for this game to include all of the roles you are speculating this game to have (specifically Whitecloaks).
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:14 am

Post by Gleeman »

i poked spamwise, has he been active elsewhere on the site?
Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:40 am

Post by Anonymities »

Ok so Rand is definetly in the game. I have not seen traces of spamwise. We need to cut off his eggrolls. Then he will post.

PS: Talking about the food alright. Yeesh.
Cyan
Cyan
Townie
Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:43 am

Post by Cyan »

I was thinking about the argument that the collar is just some kind of investigative role. At first, I thought that this was plausible, but, I don't know alot of investigative roles that inform the person that they're being investigated/targeted by an action, and the whole reason this all came up was because MBL was informed of the attempt to collar him that failed.

As such, I think it's more likely that it's an ability that is a type of recruitment, but, probably can only succeed once and then just 'turns' somebody into a mafioso or something(I could definetely see the Black Ajah using one of the collars on someone).
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:57 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I think it has to be a female-based collaring, which would explain why it failed on me. I'm a d00d. In the series it seems to be a one-to-one correspondence between collarer and collaree, and gives control to the collarer. Probably not a cult. Not sure if the collarer is good or evil.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:44 am

Post by Anonymities »

The collarer is probably evil based on the books. While the Aes Sedai who could be considered good did try and collar people, the ones that played the biggest role were the black ajah collarings.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:55 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Hrm.

FoS: Cyan
. Just read back on your posts, and I'm wondering whether you are a partner of Yosarian2. You voted him when SpamWise claimed a 100% certainty, but quickly found a reason to unvote (not that others haven't)... but you have done the same thing today. You originally vote for Yosarian2, but then immediately throw skepticism towards Illumina's claim, and now you are trying to lean today's lynch towards MBL or Anonymities, while also trying to assure you cast Illumina in a bad light by emphasizing Yosarian2's theory that the collarer is a scum ability searching for channeling women (thus making the revealing of three such persons as a 'scummy play').

Just a vibe I'm seeing, I'll have to look into it later.
Still
waiting on SpamWise.

Also:

Could you people start playing instead of simply speculating?
It's all very nice, and most likely, all very useless. There is a time for speculation, but speculating on things we don't have to deal with at the moment is just a distraction. It's all right to speculate, but not to such a point that we are not doing anything else.

And
Mod
, I believe SpamWise's last post was on June 29. However, seeing as he seems to be a Mason, the reason we want him (read: to verify night conversation) will
not
be alleviated if he is replaced. If it is at all possible, I would rather not have SpamWise replaced at this point in time, since we will lose the information we are looking for. At this time, the more important person to replace is still Broomhead, while trying to wait on SpamWise to show up.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:39 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

I'm back from my vacation, ill reread and post ASAP
The end justifies the means.
Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:41 am

Post by Anonymities »

I hate to be doing only speculating and not playing. For now, while waiting for spamwise it is the closest thing that I can get to playing. I've got the
HoS
on Yosarian2 for the time being.

In the name of playing, I am going to
FoS
cyan due to his willingness to vote to lynch me so soon. It seems like a shallow attempt to get a bandwagon going on me and distract everyone else from the real issue of Yosarian.
Cyan
Cyan
Townie
Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:53 am

Post by Cyan »

@Anonymites: If you're going to FoS someone for exactly the same reason(s) as someone other than you has already stated, you might as well just say 'for reasons that (said person) has already listed' instead of just retyping them to make it look like you came up with them on your own. Honestly, I don't think that you could have possibly sucked up to PJ any more with that post.

@PJ: I don't flatter myself enough to think that me voting someone is going to magically make everyone else jump ship and do the same, I simply vote for whomever seems most scummy to me at the moment(which is why I tend to vote alot). If you'll look more closely, you'll realize that I did NOT in fact immediately vote for Yos2. I didn't think that Illumina's claim was completely credible(and I actually originally voted for Illumina, because of her 'yeah I don't believe CDs claim but I'm not going to vote him anyway' post), and said as much. Later, after Yos wrote the hugely over-defensive(IMO) post 537, I added my vote to him. I then unvoted him in favor of Anonymites, who jumped in, claimed to have read the whole thread, but appeared to miss the part where people cautioned that we wait to hear from Spamwise. I was willing to see Yos lynched w/o ever hearing from Spamwise, which I flatly stated, because I don't think that SW is really going to shed alot of light here, so, I don't think that your theory that I'm somehow backing him is very valid. I'm still half of that mind, because waiting on Spamwise seems to be a completely fruitless effort, but, that's what everyone wants.

What does the collar ability being a scum ability have to do with Illumina whatsoever? Not only was I not trying to make that association, I hadn't even thought of it. If Yos2 made a post to the effect that it was a scum ability that finds female channelers, then, I missed that post. Even so, I made the same assessment myself, but, I wasn't trying to make Illumina look bad by doing so, I was simply speculating, because this game has finally picked up a little activity, which is all going to vanish while we sit around waiting in vain to hear from someone that hasn't posted here in practically 2 weeks. And as you said, if he gets replaced, it doesn't really help, because that person will have no idea as to what Spamwise previous' conversations were.
Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:53 pm

Post by Anonymities »

@Cyan: I'm not going to OMGUS vote for you although its tempting. I also never claimed to have read the whole thread. I simply stated that "After reviewing the previous posts." I suppose by previous posts I meant a portion of the posts on page 22 and a few on 21. Now having read pages 19 - 21, I realize why we should wait for spamwise. Looking back, I will concede that my reasons were similair, if not the same as PJ's for FoSing you.

If Spamwise does not post here soon then we have a problem. For now, I really can't think of any solutions for the same reasons that PJ and Cyan have posted.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

We don't really have a problem. We just lynch Yos, who both Illumina and Spam are certain is scum. Then we deal with their dispute tomorrow.
Cyan
Cyan
Townie
Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:19 pm

Post by Cyan »

I'm of that same mindset, as I stated previously. If it turns out that Yos was telling the truth, then, we'll just lynch Illumina. I don't think that we're in lynch or lose or anything right now.
Unvote, Vote Yosarian2
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:30 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

The problem is that we ARE in:

Lynch and
LOSE INFORMATION
. Stop voting Yosarian2, burn your eyes. He is not going anywhere. I want SpamWise to talk today. I want a replacement for Broomhead who is active. And I want to hear MMoD's information.

Stop trying to push this day too quickly. It is
not
a method in which you will get on Jelly's good side.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:55 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

There's such a thing as keeping a summer game from losing momentum, too. I agree, more info is good, but not at the expense of team spirit. :)
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:01 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

How about I put this another way.

Playing Mafia includes two things:

Talking during the day
And actions (or talking) during night

If we lynch somebody right now, we are losing information from three seperate people, two of which will have not
talked during the day

Further, if they are not
here
to talk during the day, they will likely lose their actions during the night.

Lynching now is only taking people
away
from playing the game. There is plenty of stuff to talk about. Reread the thread, look for connections. If you want to vote Yosarian2, say so, but don't do it yet. If you don't want to vote Yosarian2, say so, and explain why.

We don't need a lynch for the game to "move forwards" when it is Day Four, and 6-7 scum are dead (the only person I am not 100% sure was scum is Mariyta, as the lynch scene was rather ambiguous).

If people "lose interest", they can regain that interest by playing without necessarily voting at the moment. There is no deadline: let's use the time we have.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:51 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

Well, before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, was there anyone who DID NOT POST day 2, but posted day 3?
Buy mystery meat.
Cyan
Cyan
Townie
Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:34 pm

Post by Cyan »

The only person that didn't post at all Day 2 was AlbertTheGreat, from what I can tell. He died Night 3 as Perrin anyway, so, I don't think that really helps whatever you're working at. Coron hadn't posted on Day 2 before I replaced for him, but, I assume that I'd have been informed if I wasn't able to post or was under someone else's control or something, and I received no information of this sort.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”