WoT Mafia, GAME OVER

Was this an enjoyable game?

Yes
30%
No
15%
Maybe
5%
I haven't read the damn game yet, but I need to vote in any polls that come along.
50%

Total votes: 20

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:16 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

PetroleumJelly wrote:We are also of the opinion that TSS's vanishing was caused by Balefire (which is an extreme form of channeling, which essentially erases the targeted object from existence, and in fact may be so powerful that it will have ceased to exist before it was ever targeted).
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:44 am

Post by mystery meat of doom »

Hm. Well. Must've missed that.

I have more information about stuff. Some might be harmful to town if I let it out, I'm not sure, but also it would help the town too. Should I bother revealing in case I die tonight?
Buy mystery meat.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:48 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

More info? Hmm.

I would personally say yes in revealing some more info sometime before the day ends, but we should let others weigh in first as well. I would wait until after we sort out the Mason thing (read: after Spamwise comes back so we can question all three Masons), and then we can have you chime in before we decide what we're ultimately going to do.
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:57 am

Post by Gleeman »

4 Yosarian (Illumina, Tamuz, MMoD, Armlx)
2 Ilumina (Cyan, MBL)
1 Lordy (Petrojelly)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:56 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

petroleumjelly wrote: We have three Masons who think they have a scum mason within them (treachery is afoot!).
Three masons who that think there be a scum mason within the group. We know that there was apparently one scum mason in the group who died on night one, and in a group of 6 masons, it's quite possible there's a second. We don't know anything for certain.

Anyway, I'm still confused by MMOD's comments. We KNOW that there was a black ajah sister who died night one, and who was therefore most likely a scum mason. He's insisting that there's a "neutral" mason, whatever that means. One mason, or more then one? Could it be the one who already died, or do you have reason to believe there's another one?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:11 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

vote: Yosarian
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:37 pm

I said I was 60% sure. Not insisting on anything here.

If you are who you say you are then: xgreyjoyx lied about being scum or you magically change roles when you get replaced.

If you aren't who you say you are then: xgreyjoyx was reckless and he actually was scum to begin with, xgreyjoyx simply didn't know he was scum, or xgreyjoyx started out neutral.

I find it more plausible at the moment that you are lying about your nameclaim.
Buy mystery meat.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Look, I don't know what happened in the masonry discussion night 1. I have absolutly no idea what a person who's not even in the game anymore may or may not have said at night in private to someone else who's been dead for days and why he may or may not have said it, and neither do you. All I know is what I got in my role PM. There's hardly even been any mason night discussion at all, at least since I've been in the game.

I still want to know where you're getting this idea that there might be a neutral in the masonry.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Cyan
Cyan
Townie
Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:57 pm

Post by Cyan »

Unvote, Vote Yosarian2

Upon further consideration, I don't think that we need to wait for Spamwise. Your story just doesn't really seem to add up, and, with as many non-town as have been killed already, the chance of us being in lynch or lose or something seems fairly unlikely. Plus, if it turns out that you are who you claim, Illumina simply gets lynched tomorrow.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:27 pm

Does it matter where I got the idea?

The point is that what the person who is ALIVE is saying doesn't match up to what YOU'RE saying. That's why there's the speculation of what xgreyjoyx was thinking/saying and why you are currently being voted.

FOS: Cyan
. We do obviously need the third mason to clear up who's lying and who's not. This could all be a simple misunderstanding and you're saying of "Illumina gets lynched tomorrow" is very scummy to say, especially since you're advocating this lynch without all input from people who know what's going on.
Buy mystery meat.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:24 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Please stop voting for Yosarian2 people. He's not going anywhere. We can lynch him at any time, but the faster we lynch him, the less discussion we get. Discussion is good for the town.

I think we
do
need to hear from SpamWise. Right now, it is simply Illumina's word against Yosarian2's word. Hearing the third word from SpamWise is rather critical.

And after we're done poking SpamWise (and the other members of the Masonry), we can have MMoD reveal his information before we ultimately decide on what we're doing today.
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:36 am

Post by Gleeman »

Anonymities replaces themanhimself, effective immeadiately.
Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:05 am

Post by Anonymities »

After reviewing the previous posts, I am going to have to
Vote: Yosarian2
because quite frankly we are getting no-where with the interogation of spamwise. The probability of the game ending during the night is between zero and none so really, may as well off Yosarian2 and hear from spamwise later. Illumina did not have any blatant logical fallacies and presents a probable story so is probably telling the truth.
Cyan
Cyan
Townie
Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:31 am

Post by Cyan »

Unvote
. MMoD and Yos are right. This day has been short so far, having some discussion while we wait for Spamwise to show up(it would be nice if this happened soon) is fine. I think it's some what interesting/suspicious that, immediately after two people saying this, Anonymities comes in and votes Yos2 anyway.
Vote Anonymities
Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:50 am

Post by Anonymities »

I come in and vote right away because I am an outsider at this point. I don't see how spamwise could contribute much, partially because I am not 100% sure what he contributed in the first place. I am not going to unvote since I still believe that we have the evidence to have Yos2 lynched. Unless of course, Cyan just voted for me to be lynched because he is looking for a scapegoat, in which case it would only make sense that Cyan needs a scapegoat. I find it perfectly understandable that my voting right away especially after petrojelly's post would be suspicious yet I can assure you that the only reason I would vote so quickly is because I believe we know enough.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:06 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I find it unlikely that Illumina would sacrifice herself just to get Yos kilt. Either:

1) She's mistaken, or
2) She's telling the truth about his role

She knows she'll likely get lynched tomorrow if Yos dies as Merilille. So Yos is prolly Alvarian. The evidence she got from TSS could hardly be explained away as ambiguous--Illumina has committed herself to this path.

So Yos is the right lynch for today. More info from Spam and possibly mmod would be useful as well. Keep in mind for tomorrow that Illumina could be a member of a second scum group if that can possibly fit the flavor, but her nameclaim makes that less likely so.

To Cyan, Fritz and others who continue to find me suspicious, I think your interpretations of the collar incident implicating me as scum are wrong.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:06 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

FoS: Anonymities

Don't try to stifle discussion by leading us through a quick day. We might not
get
to hear from SpamWise or MMoD
at all
if you lynch too quickly and they die during the night. Thought of that? We may as well get that information
today
, while we know it's still there, instead of risking losing that information tomorrow.

For Pete's sake, let everybody check in, say their piece on Yosarian2, then we'll get information anybody wants to reveal, then we'll decide our lynch. It is
not
this difficult.

And also, we still need to hear from the replacement for Broomhead.
Cyan
Cyan
Townie
Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:14 am

Post by Cyan »

@MBL:

Well, look at it objectively. If you lied about the collaring ever happening, clearly you did so for a reason, and it's hard to imagine there being a pro-town reason for that. However, considering that MMoD said that he thinks that BJ was collared right before he died, I'd say this lets you off of the hook..for that at least. I still find your play regarding Karn, Mr. Flay, AND Mariyta highly questionable, but, not enough so that it makes you a better person to look at right now than this Yosarian/Illumina situation.
Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:01 am

Post by Anonymities »

I suppose waiting for spamwise and MMoD to post makes sense,
Unvote
. I look forward to hearing from them.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:12 pm

Post by Illumina »

I'll
Unvote: Yosarian
for safety's sake. Given the situation, ending today prematuraly without using all the info at our disposal would be reckless. I'm still very curious about Spamwise's reasoning for holding back on Yos, and I hope he hasn't forgotten about this thread...

FOS
on Anonymities, for reasons PJ stated above. Not giving me pro-town vibes, there.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:38 pm

Just so there's no confusion. I'm lead to believe that BJ dying and BJ getting collared are mutually independent of each other.
Buy mystery meat.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:40 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Mmod I agree
Thats why as far as I can see
A gunsmith the collaring must be.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:42 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

That actually sounds fairly plausible. The likelihood of a cult in this game does not seem very high, since we are not truly told alignment on death. Since BabyJesus was very clearly an Aes Sedai, and was successfully collared (or so I gather), but we were not told of any adverse affects of the collaring, an investigative roles (such as a gunsmith which simply searches for female channelers) does not seem out of the question.

Still waiting on SpamWise, although I have noted he has not posted elsewhere either. Blood and bloody ashes!
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:14 am

Post by Gleeman »

3 Yosaarian (Tamuz, MMoD, Armlx)
1 illumina (MBL)
1 lordy (Petrojelly)