New York 146 Zach's Insane Mafia World (OVER)

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:29 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok, I’m at gathering my thoughts on today –

As evidenced in my last general overview I’ve separated the playerbase into two sets of player – claimed PR and claimed VT.

PowerRoles

Alice
Ghostlin’s slot
redFF
DarthYoshi

Vanilla Town

DeasVail
Jon_h61
NobodySpecial
Havingfitz
Snake

These are my lists order in rough Town to Scum read order. Again, as I said in my earlier post I would rather lynch a VT over a Power-role today. I think muffin’s death post claim first despite directed protection says that more scum are in the VTs than in the Power-roles.

I’m happy with my Snake vote currently.

--

Alice wrote:Ghostlin, I want to see more from you. I don't believe I've seen much from you recently.

Unfortunately Ghostlin has apparently site-flaked. Expect his replacement soon.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

4th vote count of day 5:

redff - 3 (havingfitz, Snakeplissken, Jon_h61)
DarthYoshi - 3 (Alicewondering, DeasVail, Nobody Special)
Snakeplissken - 1 (MagnaofIllusion)
MagnaofIllusion - 1 (DarthYoshi)
Nobody Special - 1 (redFF)

Not Voting: (Ghostlin)

With 10 alive it's 6 to lynch.

Day 5 will end no later than Friday, April 13th at 6pm CST
Last edited by Zachrulez on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Will have to start looking for replacements for Snakeplissken and Ghostlin
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:25 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 252, Zachrulez wrote:Will have to start looking for replacements for Snakeplissken and Ghostlin

suck
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:50 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

/prod dodge. Sorry I dropped off the earth the last couple of days--RL got in the way. I'll catch up and have content later today.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:04 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Given recent evidence, I just feel that Darth is our lynch for today. I just don't see how changing my mind in light of recent events is scummy.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

MOI, I get the feeling Snake is horribly lazy town, not scum.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 226, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 225, DarthYoshi wrote:All your other points are hackneyed re-statements of previous suspicions, and I seriously am so over them. When I flip town, you'll see how seriously you fucked up playing your role today.

PS: Fitz is right--people, remember what DV's claimed role his--he's claimed VT. What SK or scum role, aside from goon (or another killing role like hitman) would visit a claimed VT? DV, MOI--you guys have been openly speculating on what maf PR I could be. Which of those makes sense, except goon? The only way me as scum works is if Kamrun jailed DV last night, something that there is zero indication that they did. Use your heads.

1. How quaint an Appeal to Emotion - "when I flip Town you'll be sorry!"
2. This argument that you could only be a Goon and thus your role if proven is pretty farsical.

Fact 1 - Deas has been obliquely hinting that he might be a hidden power-role. Enough so that it might make sense as a Scum Roleblocker / Rolecop / Modified Framer (to frame him to Alice's track) for you to target him.

Fact 2 - Kamrun didn't hint anywhere (including per Ghostlin the Neighborhood QT they were in) as to what he was doing with their Jail. Dismissing Deas as a possible Jail target while simultaneously saying "There was lots of speculation about him being a Serial Killer" doesn't synch.

As to you being 'over' the discussion of what was perceived as slips on your Part Day 2 that doesn't mean everyone else who is scum hunting are. You've yet to explain why you assume a 4 person scum team still with your role being a 'Red Herring'. 5 scum is just as viable as 4 yet you haven't shown any indication that you have even considered it.

Yes, it is an AtE. I'm frustrated with how badly Alice is misinterpreting her results. It isn't that she is still wary I am scum, she is simply no longer capable of thinking that I am town, and I think for poor reasons. So, yes, it is AtE.

And no, it isn't farsical. I'm not dismissing DV as a jail target--of course he might have been jailed--but that it is still required for you to believe that Kamrun jailed him in order for me to be scum, and, as you said, Karmun didn't hint anywhere as to who they'd jail. So, again, for me to be scum, you have to buy into a completely unsubstantiated hypothetical.

redFF wrote:that NS contradiction bandwagon hop is actually too much, vote:ns

Why did you need to think about it? You had already noticed it, why not vote NS right then?

MOI wrote:Deas is by far a less likely scum-bag than either redFF or DarthYoshi. I thought I made that clear - the manner in which he was made the alternate wagon to Jason yesterday means he's pretty much unlikely to Mafia.

I don't actually think it is clear at all. The way DV behaved on D1 vis-a-vis Jason read as purposely noncommittal so that he could bus him if he needed to, but didn't want to seem connected to him at all--I remember this distinctly because that was part of my original case on DV. So once the writing on the wall became clear, it would be easier to bus. Do you think that Jason WASN'T bussed?

@jon: Can you rank your suspicions of DV, NS, and me?

Alice wrote:redFF, you do realize that NS is probably not the lynch for today?

Why are you encouraging a compromise wagon when deadline is still nearly two weeks away?

NS wrote:Given recent evidence, I just feel that Darth is our lynch for today.

What "recent evidence" is this? The only *new* argument that Alice is making is that my investigation targets sucked, but I refuted it and she didn't bother to argue the point, and MOI and (especially) DV at this point are basically piggybacking off of Alice.
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

My case on you doesn't require DV to have been jailed. My case on you revolves around the fact that you hinted at knowing how many people were on the scum team, which no town should have known. And this knowledge is in direct contradiction with your claim.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 258, Alicewondering wrote:My case on you doesn't require DV to have been jailed. My case on you revolves around the fact that you hinted at knowing how many people were on the scum team, which no town should have known. And this knowledge is in direct contradiction with your claim.

Your case doesn't require that DV be jailed but me being scum does. Although MOI gets around that by suggesting that I'm, say, a rolecop (even though with a maf investigative role already flipped, and a powerful role at that, it would seem unlikely).

I'm not saying your case requires DV to have been jailed. I'm saying that my alignment almost assuredly does, and that you're ignoring that crucial piece of evidence. Even if you think I'm scum based on my "knowing" how many maf there are, when contradicting evidence arises, you need to be able to recognize it accordingly.
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

Mafia roleblock is a possibility.

DY, you still have failed to address the contradictions in your claim. Why did you say that the scumteam had 4 people as an FBI agent?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 260, Alicewondering wrote:Mafia roleblock is a possibility.

DY, you still have failed to address the contradictions in your claim. Why did you say that the scumteam had 4 people as an FBI agent?

BECAUSE NO OTHER POSSIBILITY MADE SENSE WITH AN SK.

12:5:1 is very scum-sided.

14:3:1 is very town-sided.

13:2:2:1 is a town-sided clusterfuck.

Barring some extraordinary PRs, none of those setups would likely have gotten approved for balance.

Oy.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

PS: So, basically, I'm a maf RB or I'm town? Doesn't one seem a little more likely than the other? I mean, when you're having to resort to blindly guessing IN A CLOSED SETUP someone's PR in order for them to be scum, shouldn't that tell you that you're grasping for straws?
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 261, DarthYoshi wrote:
In post 260, Alicewondering wrote:Mafia roleblock is a possibility.

BECAUSE NO OTHER POSSIBILITY MADE SENSE WITH AN SK.

12:5:1 is very scum-sided.

14:3:1 is very town-sided.

13:2:2:1 is a town-sided clusterfuck.

Barring some extraordinary PRs, none of those setups would likely have gotten approved for balance.

Oy.

O___O YOU DO KNOW THAT SK IS CONSIDERED SCUM TOO, just another separate one-man scumteam. I don't even understand what 13:2:2:1 is.

UNVOTE:

because your posting had previous given me misgivings that I had ignored due to the strength of the evidence of your bad claim. However, it seems that you genuinely did not define SK as scumteam. O__O

I am willing to wait till tomorrow on this. Let me think a bit on who is scum then.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Hmm, it's not like he would have considered how unlikely all the other possibilities were when he mentioned there being a 4 man scumteam.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

What does that even mean?
....what?

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:54 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 265, Nobody Special wrote:What does that even mean?

Hey, NS, how 'bout you answer my question, pleeze?

Alice wrote:However, it seems that you genuinely did not define SK as scumteam. O__O

Well...yeah. An SK is NOT on the same "team" as the scum/mafia, ergo while an SK is, like the maf, anti-town, s/he is NOT part of the "scumteam." An SK is not on the same side as the maf.

Good grief.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:04 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Recent evidence being that stuff that Alice said.

And, you know, the high probability that you're actually the SK and faked the role to throw us off.

My vote stays.
....what?

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:16 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 267, Nobody Special wrote:Recent evidence being that stuff that Alice said.

And, you know, the high probability that you're actually the SK and faked the role to throw us off.

My vote stays.

You mean the stuff that Alice said and I refuted? Or the fact that she has since backed off and unvoted?

And yeah--def a high probability that I am the SK with 4 straight one-flips.

Sigh.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:47 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 267, Nobody Special wrote:Recent evidence being that stuff that Alice said.

My vote stays.

I need to catch from the weekend ...I think MOI had some posts worth comment. This NS post get one first though.

If you believe this NS, then you must also believe Kamrun kept either DY or DV. If that was the case that would mean you also believe redFF is lying. That would make a red vote more correct than a DY or DV vote.

More red votes please.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:09 am

Post by DeasVail »

Fitz, I don't believe at all that I was a kill target.

And I know it seems unlikely, but I just feel that DY is scum!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:15 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Alice wrote:MOI, I get the feeling Snake is horribly lazy town, not scum.

I’ll agree he’s horribly useless regardless of his alignment.

What do you think about my “Muffin dying early means scum in VT” theory?

--

Darth wrote:And no, it isn't farsical. I'm not dismissing DV as a jail target--of course he might have been jailed--but that it is still required for you to believe that Kamrun jailed him in order for me to be scum, and, as you said, Karmun didn't hint anywhere as to who they'd jail. So, again, for me to be scum, you have to buy into a completely unsubstantiated hypothetical.

Lack of documentation of Kamrun’s actions does not mean that we can’t draw logical conclusions. Furthermore as already discussed the possibility of Roleblocker / Modified Framer hardly means Deas has to be jailed for Alice’s result on you to be accurate.

Darth wrote:I don't actually think it is clear at all. The way DV behaved on D1 vis-a-vis Jason read as purposely noncommittal so that he could bus him if he needed to, but didn't want to seem connected to him at all--I remember this distinctly because that was part of my original case on DV. So once the writing on the wall became clear, it would be easier to bus. Do you think that Jason WASN'T bussed?

Of course you don’t think so.

Where did I say there was no possibility that Jason was bussed? The point is not that Jason was bussed. The point is that BOTH dominant wagons yesterday were both scum. Jason was a walking deadman IMO. If he was going to be power-bussed the odds that a counter wagon would form on another Mafia member is pretty slim. Do you disagree?

Honestly the fact that your play since we have been restored can be summarized as follows –

1. Vote Deas over Jason.
2. Try your hardest to say I should be lynched for “Title WIFOM”
3. Trying hard to suggest Deas is more likely Mafia scum than others

makes me very willing to lynch you today.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 271, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’ll agree he’s horribly useless regardless of his alignment.

What do you think about my “Muffin dying early means scum in VT” theory?

Eh, I think it has some merit, for sure. But I think it was more of a case of Muffin being more obvtown than any other claimed PR. With Jason still unflipped, there was a chance that scum could get me mislynched. When Kamrun died, my thought was that I was less obvtown than Kamrun. Now then, let's turn to NS, who suggested early in the day that he didn't think I was necessarily obvtown. I hadn't really considered the NKs, but now, I think that this was potentially scum testing waters for my mislynch.

In post 270, DeasVail wrote:Fitz, I don't believe at all that I was a kill target.

And I know it seems unlikely, but I just feel that DY is scum!

Oh okay, mind explaining that?

At this point, let me explain my thought process. I'm really, really working mainly based on gut from the feeling I get from posts. I know this isn't necessarily helpful to everyone, but I've found it to be very accurate, at least when I have gut townreads.

redFF and DarthYoshi's posting have read to me as town recently. DarthYoshi's posts seem to be frustrated townie trying to convince people he's town. redFF feels town too, though I don't have that strong of an impression on him.

Who I'm currently considering now for scum is NS and DV. As I mentioned earlier, NS could have been testing his waters with an Alice mislynch. His sudden increase in activity was to be noted as well.

DV is someone I'm not so sure about, but there are several reasons that I don't think DV is necessarily town. One is for meta reasons. I've played 4 games with DV--2 scum and 2 town, and I don't see a huge difference between his town and scum play. However, there are slight, subtle differences that I picked up on D3 (I think). Long time ago, but it gave me pause, especially DY's case on DV. I vaguely remembering expressing some weak suspicion of him there, but I guess that I just dropped it for a DY case. Okay, so look at the above quote for DV. The DY lynch seems to be failing, and NS and DV are both trying to prop it up desperately.

I'm going to go on a limb and trust my instinct because I've second guessed my intuition to my later regret and chagrin.

VOTE: Nobody Special I would be willing to switch to DV if that is the general consensus.

I'm calling an NS/DV scumteam today. If NS flips scum today, please vote DV tomorrow.
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 271, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Where did I say there was no possibility that Jason was bussed? The point is not that Jason was bussed. The point is that BOTH dominant wagons yesterday were both scum. Jason was a walking deadman IMO. If he was going to be power-bussed the odds that a counter wagon would form on another Mafia member is pretty slim. Do you disagree?

I commented on this yesterday, and this is not addressed to me, but I feel like I should add in here that it is HIGHLY likely mafia took a gambit here and counterwagoned DV to make it look like their alignments were opposite. It's actually genius, especially since if DV got lynched and flipped scum, it basically guaranteed that Jason was town watcher. If Jason got flipped as scum, DV would supposedly be conf-town, though that was not really true. I think I'm going to reread how that day went to see who supported which wagon and how they did it...
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by redFF »

I'm not comfortable lynching someone a flipped scum JUST set up a 1v1 with..

It makes no sense, even if jason had managed to get DV lynched, jason would have died so soon it wouldn't have been worth it..

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”