brizingre1
brizingre1
Goon
brizingre1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Post by brizingre1 »

In post 773, Foxace36 wrote:Not going to be able to post for a couple of days and since I may be lynched during that time... Here are my last scum reads.....

MoI
CoolDog
Shadoweh
Pine
LynchMePls
Tammy

Why Tammy, LMP, CoolDog, please could you not go down the route of trekker and Norman and at least try to post your reasoning. And if I had to spend another day with Norman my head's going to explode.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:50 pm

Post by Norman »

In post 775, brizingre1 wrote:
In post 773, Foxace36 wrote:Not going to be able to post for a couple of days and since I may be lynched during that time... Here are my last scum reads.....

MoI
CoolDog
Shadoweh
Pine
LynchMePls
Tammy

Why Tammy, LMP, CoolDog, please could you not go down the route of trekker and Norman and at least try to post your reasoning. And if I had to spend another day with Norman my head's going to explode.

I'm not that unlovable, am I?
Norman.
brizingre1
brizingre1
Goon
brizingre1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Post by brizingre1 »

In post 776, Norman wrote:

MoI
CoolDog
Shadoweh
Pine
LynchMePls
Tammy

Norman, if you actually want to help town
a) post less, like seriously a lot less
b) don't OMGUS everybody
c) Keep posting Paint cartoons

Then you will be very loveable.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Post by Norman »

In post 777, brizingre1 wrote:
In post 776, Norman wrote:

MoI
CoolDog
Shadoweh
Pine
LynchMePls
Tammy

Norman, if you actually want to help town
a) post less, like seriously a lot less
b) don't OMGUS everybody
c) Keep posting Paint cartoons

Then you will be very loveable.

Ok, I'll be what I was before. But people hated me even then D:
Norman.
Haze
Haze
Mafia Scum
Haze
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Post by Haze »

Back from V/LA

Will catch up soon. So wasteed
~Lu-natic.

Don't say Crazy.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Mhork, I've explicitly said I'm not reading the past 30 pages. I don't care if your mislynch case lives in there. It's not happening on my watch. Diescumdie.

In post 757, trekker wrote:whoops. i meant Image

LMFAO
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:24 am

Post by Seacore »

Vote Count 1.9

Norman (5) -
Empking, LynchMePls, brizingre1, Lord Mhork, Jackal711

AurorusVox (2) -
greenknight, Shadoweh

CooLDoG (5) -
Shadow1psc, trekker, PeregrineV, ManiacalLemon, Norman

Shadow1psc (1) -
sorgster

Pine (1) -
Mastermind of Sin

MaguaofIllusion (1) -
Feysal

Tammy (1) -
Haze

Zdenek (1) -
Tammy

Foxace36 (4) -
Pine, Foxace36, Zdenek, MaguaofIllusion

Lord Mhork (1) -
AurorusVox

trekker (2) -
CooLDoG, kondi2424

Not Voting (2) - Moneybags, Skenvoy

VLA - Feysal

(expired on 2012-04-02 00:00:00) left in Day 1.
With 26 alive, 14 are needed to secure a lynch.

Seeking replacement for Skenvoy and ManiacalLemon

Looking for help in finding these replacements, please recommend this game to your friends.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:14 am

Post by greenknight »

In post 697, Tammy wrote:@Greenknight - Why would scum love early policy lynches? They don't kill the ones who don't contribute/are VI's because they want them around. They nightkill the players who are actually playing the game, and leave the distractions alive to hide behind/manipulate in the end.

Because everyone on a policy lynch is essentially making the same argument, it leaves very few trails in the voting compared to a regular lynch where people have to justify why they personally think the target is scummy. Since the way in which people pursue their targets is a primary scum hunting resource, that's a lot of information lost from a town perspective at the point in the game where town has the least information.

Since you mentioned Trekker in this context, I think he is actually scummy due to the extreme non-interactivity of his posts to date and wouldn't really be a policy lynch...

Why did you feel the need to mention "when I flip town" in your argument with Zdenek? Do you think it's at all likely that you will be lynched today?
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:27 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

@Foxace36:
Still waiting for that list of our obvtown posts.

@AurorusVox:
Given that you're not going to read 30 pages of the game, you could still do us the favor of commenting on what you think of Foxace.

@Norman:
Seriously, can't stress this enough, post less. And for fuck's sake, stop quoting an entire screen-long post to add in your one line to the bottom. Also also, get your vote off of Cooldog-town and put it somewhere where it might actually have a chance of hitting scum.
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:33 am

Post by greenknight »

AVox: You're under some suspicion due to buddying in the previous thread (being quick to call people town and propose voting alliances.) You claim to be proceeding under the assumption that PereV is town. Why him and what happened to your other town reads?

MoS: Stop trolling, there's enough of that in this game already. Thanks.

Pine: A bit convenient that you claimed the exact role whose existence we were speculating about during the roleclaim discussion in the previous thread, wouldn't you say?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:45 am

Post by AurorusVox »

@greenknight, why are voting alliances scummy? PereV is town from way back and because he's one of the only people to see that NOT POSTING SINCE THE GAME STARTED = not actually ever looking at the thread, not "lolscum" and why would scumPere do that when he could fan the flames? I'm an easy mislynch and no mistake, so scum are guaranteed to have called me scum at some point. I can't remember who else I had a town read on. But if I ever had one on you, I don't any more. What's the purpose of your line to MoS other than to try to cover up your piss poor attack on Pine and myself?

@MoI: why, when we already have obvScum in Mhork? Is the stuff to comment on in the last few pages then? I've not read them yet either heh...soon
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:35 am

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 699, Foxace36 wrote:@Tammy

No, I am not thinking it would get heat off of me. Everyone can go right ahead and lynch me. It will be easier to narrow down the scum because town will have more information to go off.

And yea. I'm a noob but I hate it when people can pick up on that lol. I like to contribute.

Oh MoI, you mean this?

Yeah it can die. Especially with the "I'm gonna get lynched but I don't wanna post but here are some outta the ass townreads" post.
But not today. He'll only be a goon.

ISO'ing the last few posts did show me Pine claiming for no reason, though?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:36 am

Post by AurorusVox »

*scumreads
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:38 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

@Mod:
V/LA for a few days. Thursday at the latest.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:48 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 782, greenknight wrote:
In post 697, Tammy wrote:@Greenknight - Why would scum love early policy lynches? They don't kill the ones who don't contribute/are VI's because they want them around. They nightkill the players who are actually playing the game, and leave the distractions alive to hide behind/manipulate in the end.

Because everyone on a policy lynch is essentially making the same argument, it leaves very few trails in the voting compared to a regular lynch where people have to justify why they personally think the target is scummy. Since the way in which people pursue their targets is a primary scum hunting resource, that's a lot of information lost from a town perspective at the point in the game where town has the least information.

Since you mentioned Trekker in this context, I think he is actually scummy due to the extreme non-interactivity of his posts to date and wouldn't really be a policy lynch...

Why did you feel the need to mention "when I flip town" in your argument with Zdenek? Do you think it's at all likely that you will be lynched today?

That was in response to the increasingly strange conversation I've been having with Zdenek in which his logic keeps falling apart. He first claimed that I was being aggressively unhelpful in asking the questions I was asking, which he pointed out wasn't necessarily scummy, but I was asking too many in 439. He then made the wtf claim that I was defending people by asking the questions I was asking so that I would look good in the case of their mislynch and to reduce pressure by other people. He then made an even bigger wtf claim in 485 that I was redirecting suspicion in one and getting someone else to make a case on someone so I wouldn't have to.

In 493, he said that questions have limited use and it's best to just tell people that they're being scummy. When I told him that wasn't my play style, that I ask completely straightforward questions in order to interact with people, he claimed in 570 that he would still think asking pointless questions was scummy even if I flipped town.

Never mind the fact that if I'm doing what he's accusing me of doing that my questions can not be pointless in nature. Because if I am defending someone or attempting to reduce pressure or direct suspicion or whatever other crap he's divined in my questions, they by their very nature would have a point. They cannot both be pointless and at the same time do something. So, for him to claim that they are pointless, he has to admit that they are not doing what he has accused me of.

Beyond that this sentiment is ridiculous. It prompted MoI in 656 to tell him he's either terrible town or scum to stand by the claim that he'll still consider the questions scummy even if I flip town. He tried to substantiate his logical fallacy by using as evidence a statement by LMP in 660 in which he said that just because an innocent does something, in this case word choice, it doesn't mean it's not a scum tell.

My response to him was an explanation for why his argument falls apart and why he's wrong in his thinking. I included when I flip innocent, because it was the premise for the argument anyway.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:47 am

Post by Zdenek »

Tammy, please tell me how my logic falls apart: not all of your questions have to pointless for some of them to be, not all of your questions have to be subtly defending someone for some of them to do that, and not all of them have to direct people's attention on to others for some of them to do that.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:53 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 789, Tammy wrote:
In post 782, greenknight wrote:

Beyond that this sentiment is ridiculous. It prompted MoI in 656 to tell him he's either terrible town or scum to stand by the claim that he'll still consider the questions scummy even if I flip town. He tried to substantiate his logical fallacy by using as evidence a statement by LMP in 660 in which he said that just because an innocent does something, in this case word choice, it doesn't mean it's not a scum tell.

No. That is not what is happening. MoI's statement is one of the most bizarre in the game because no one plays like that. I gave MoI a list of things that he has used as scum-tells in the past and the people that he used them on flipped town, so the question is: does he still think that any of those things are scummy?

I quoted LMP because of his praise for MoI's post where he made the comment you are talking about, which came in the same post where he said that it is possible for town to do scummy things.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:09 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Wait, Zd, do you think norman is also scum for not scum hunting effectively? Trekker?
after a wank.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:18 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 792, CooLDoG wrote:Wait, Zd, do you think norman is also scum for not scum hunting effectively? Trekker?

My point's not that Tammy wasn't scum hunting effectively. It's the type of questions she was asking combined with not taking stances. I don't think that not scum hunting effectively is a scum-tell under most circumstances.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:22 am

Post by CooLDoG »

What do you think of trekker not asking a single question all game long?
after a wank.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:55 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 794, CooLDoG wrote:What do you think of trekker not asking a single question all game long?

I think he's an idiot, and because of that, I don't find his behaviour unexpected or scummy. I'd be fine with his lynch, but for me it would be a policy lynch, since there is no way that I'll be able to get a reasonable read on him if he keeps playing this way.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:58 am

Post by CooLDoG »

What about MoS? He doesn't seem to be an active scum hunter. Why are you almost exclusively attacking tammy for this.
after a wank.
trekker
trekker
Goon
trekker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:06 am

Post by trekker »

i forgot if i'm chaotic or lawful
trekker
trekker
Goon
trekker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:06 am

Post by trekker »

but im pretty sure i dont have any special abilities
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:11 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 796, CooLDoG wrote:What about MoS? He doesn't seem to be an active scum hunter. Why are you almost exclusively attacking tammy for this.

I'm not attacking Tammy just for for not scum hunting, and I also think that she's improved somewhat since she's started taking stances on somethings. It's a shame that one of things is me being scum, but there's nothing I can do about that.

I wouldn't object to lynching MoS, but there are people I'd rather lynch.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”