Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Post by Norman »

Sigh, I was hoping I'd have a little bit of interaction at conversation:30 AM with Feysal. But it's too late for that and I'm getting tired. Also Briz was watching the whole thing as well because I watch the monitor for a whole day and night. Idk what I have to say to that, I'd call it lurking but then again no one listens to Normanus Insanus.
Norman.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 623, Norman wrote:
In post 622, Mastermind of Sin wrote:What's 6 + 9 + 42 - you?

6 + 9 + 42 - you = 57 - you. This is because you is a variable, and therefore is an imcomplete algrebraic equation.

you are an individual. :)
Permanent V/LA.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I wonder how many other people look at this thread, see a page filled with Norman and look away. <_<

Why would a Bard have the ability to detect alignment? The only classes that have alignment detection are Clerics and Paladins. I really want to hate the claim. Thinking about how the setup works though, It's not really possible to fakeclaim Lawful or Chaotic alignment detecting without making yourself caught scum. Because we haven't mass-claimed alignments, scum would have a 50-50 shot of getting it wrong every time. There was no reason to out yourself like that if you're telling the truth Pine, there are two huge wagons and neither of them are on you. :/

I was hoping Pine had said someone on the alignment claims, but he didn't post in the old thread and none of his current posts reference it either.

This is clearly mod bias. Bards can't possibly be the most useful class, it's illegal.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 pm

Post by Foxace36 »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Foxace

cuz fuck it.

You are a such a bad ascum player Pine to the point it is laughable. Have fun with a noose around your head after I am lynched. Go town, yadda yadda yadda. Lets get this day on with already.
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Post by Foxace36 »

Well fuck, didnt see your role claim.

I take that back, tho I believe you to be bullshitting anyways so I only take it half back. Oh well, EVERYONE JUMP ON TEH FAWX WAGON!
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

Alright, I still think he's scum anyway.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Foxace
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:00 am

Post by Seacore »

Vote Count 1.6

Norman (5) -
Empking, kondi2424, LynchMePls, brizingre1, CooLDoG

AurorusVox (2) -
greenknight, Shadoweh

CooLDoG (5) -
Shadow1psc, trekker, PeregrineV, ManiacalLemon, Lord Mhork

Shadow1psc (1) -
Guy_Named_Riggs

Pine (1) -
Mastermind of Sin

MaguaofIllusion (1) -
Feysal

Tammy (2) -
Haze, Zdenek

Zdenek (1) -
Tammy

Shadoweh (1) -
MaguaofIllusion

Foxace36 (4) -
Pine, Norman,, Foxace36, Jackal711

Not Voting (3) - AurorusVox, Y u no scum, Skenvoy

VLA - Haze

(expired on 2012-04-02 00:00:00)
With 26 alive, 14 are needed to secure a lynch.

Seeking replacement for Skenvoy.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:41 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 589, kondi2424 wrote:Hey Norman is trekker playing the game?

Can I answer that? Yeah, I guess I will. Trekker is not actually playing the game. He is simply voting for whoever floats his boat. Who know why he is voting for me right now. He sure as hell won't tell you.
In post 595, trekker wrote:CoolDoG, LynchMePls, Shadoweh. one scum team.
Pine, two others. second scum team.

looking for more connections.

Why is this true?
In post 601, Norman wrote:Rats. he got away... Well I'm pretty much fed up with all this non-lynching business going around and I'm an impatient person... When will this day ever end...

Well I got some things to do. Adios amigoes. I'll be back when you guys have made up your mind. And it better not be me because I try hard to play this game.

Sorry to break it to you, but this day ain't gonna be over for some time. We only have 5 people on the two biggest wagons. That's about half needed to lynch on each individual one.

In post 602, Pine wrote:Pretty much don't want to play this game anymore. People like Norman just make Mafia un-fun.

I'm a Chaotic Good Bard. I can Detect Law every night in search of the LE faction.

:eek: name claimed. Claimed a power role. What the fuck are you doing?
In post 603, Pine wrote:Which is odd, actually, as 3.5 Bard has no alignment-detection spells on the standard list.

Which makes me not want to believe your claim. But still, why did you claim?
In post 604, Norman wrote:
In post 602, Pine wrote:Pretty much don't want to play this game anymore. People like Norman just make Mafia un-fun.I'm a Chaotic Good Bard. I can Detect Law every night in search of the LE faction

First of all I don't try to make Mafia un-fun. And I didn't say I was going forever, I'm watching progress.

And if you're a Bard how about you detect me and see if I'm Town, if I am, could you kindly explain these angry people to kindly get their hands off the rope for a lynch that should never happen.

There are two towns s it would take two cops (if they exist) to come out here and claim and both target the same person. You could also be neutral which would probably require a third cop to clear you... Also this is probably not the best strategy. We should NOT be directing cops at all. Scum might have a bus driver/jail-keeper/something that would misdirect the cop's action. Also it gives the mafia more time to think over how they will handle the alignment result that the cop gives. Overall bad idea.
In post 614, trekker wrote:cooldog is mafia

WHY, WHY, WHY?

In post 616, Pine wrote:Norman, I'll tell you to fuck off all I like. You're annoying, spammy, you make me want to replace out of a game I've been anticipating for half a year and was the first pre/in for, and you helped force a Cop to claim on D1 mostly out of OMGUS and because midterms are kicking my ass.

So fuck you.

How did he force you to claim. Seems to me that you claimed 100% on your own accord.
In post 620, Mastermind of Sin wrote:
In post 599, Norman wrote:

What does 8 x 7 = ?

6? 9? 42?

5678 the answer to 8x7 is the two numbers that come before it. Man, elementary school was where it was at.

Also, not sold on the fox wagon. I still think that tammy/fox is town on town with TV.
after a wank.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:54 am

Post by Pine »

You people questioning the timing of my claim - are you nuts? There was a wagon on me, picking up steam, led by morons who had no good reasons but were getting support from smart people that could actually make it happen. I straight up don't have time to keep up with the pace of a frantic lynch mob with midterms (though they're coming to a close soon) and if I'd waited to claim, it would have been ignored. My only option was either get really intense, really fast with this thread (which was impractical for me) or stop it dead in its tracks.

628 and 629 are practically scum claims.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:39 am

Post by Empking »

I'm missing why Norm can't be LE. The whole string of logic behind claimed LG ergo not LE. Pine, mind helping me out?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:29 am

Post by Pine »

Hrm. You have a point. I suppose it's an artifact of presuming that fakeclaiming scum claim their opposite. Would make sense though.

In Norman's specific case, though, he softclaimed LG Paladin, and softclaimed it hard. In the absence of a counterclaim, I'm not interested in pursuing him further, though I won't weep tears of blood when he gets killed by the CE scum.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:40 am

Post by Shadoweh »

He's softclaimed everything though

has he like hardclaimed anything yet

becaus only hardclaims count
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:43 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 633, Pine wrote:You people questioning the timing of my claim - are you nuts? There was a wagon on me, picking up steam, led by morons who had no good reasons but were getting support from smart people that could actually make it happen. I straight up don't have time to keep up with the pace of a frantic lynch mob with midterms (though they're coming to a close soon) and if I'd waited to claim, it would have been ignored. My only option was either get really intense, really fast with this thread (which was impractical for me) or stop it dead in its tracks.

628 and 629 are practically scum claims.

Your wagon is not was and, for the relative future, will not be close to lynch. Do you count four votes close to lynch in a 20+ player game when it takes over 11 to lynch?!?!?!

@shadow, soft claims can count later on though. So it would be worthwhile to keep note of them for future reference.
after a wank.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:49 am

Post by Pine »

It was at like 8, asshat, with another three or four who agreed but hadn't hopped yet. Shit, it's still at 5 or 6 or something.

Pay the fuck attention. Almost every active player had sheeped onto Foxace's and Norman's bullshit allegations, taking my silence and lack of refutation as a scumclaim.

CoolDog, if you want people to stop publicly blacklisting you, grow a brain.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:01 am

Post by CooLDoG »

You were under zero pressure to claim. Nobody threatened to hammer, heck, nobody was even rolefishing for you to claim. Plus, initial reasons that you gave for claiming were that norman was making the game un-fun. Plus 8 people isn't even close to lynch, were you at l4 or l-5?
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:02 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Actually you were at l-6. Which is very little pressure for a claim based off of the closeness of being lynched.
after a wank.
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:29 am

Post by kondi2424 »

Guys, look at the Foxace wagon and tell me it doesn't reek.

Same could be said about the CooLDoG wagon to a lesser extent.
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:04 am

Post by greenknight »

MoI 491 wrote:
is tingling my scum-dar. He’s keeping a generally low profile, talking around any significant thread activities, and is taking the position re: Norman I expect from scum – one that allows them to lynch him later on when mislynches are running low.

I said I think Norman is unlikely to be scum, how on earth do you interpret that as setting up a future mislynch? It's particularly hypocritical given that in the same post you said the following:

MoI wrote:
Norman is a grade-A VI moron. Regardless of how Town he is per my other head he’s going to be actively helping the scum with his ‘antics’ until he’s dead. Mark my words … he’ll never be scum-killed. So if you want this string of stupidity to continue please feel free to not vote him.

Implying that Norman is of negative value to the town and therefore it's ok to policy lynch him... it looks to me like you're the one potentially promoting a future mislynch here.

(Also, policy lynches are a bad idea in this game, given that scum have 2 night kills to our 1 lynch and the scum are not in competition with each other. We can't afford to waste days just to lynch people for being annoying.)
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:11 am

Post by Norman »

In post 636, Shadoweh wrote:He's softclaimed everything though

has he like hardclaimed anything yet

becaus only hardclaims count

I don't... Like this post one bit.

Vote: Shadoweh

Yeah I may not have a reason, but at this rate THIS seems scumbaggish.
Norman.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 603, Pine wrote:Which is odd, actually, as 3.5 Bard has no alignment-detection spells on the standard list.

In the Pathfinder's Advanced Player's Guide, there's a variant of the bard called detective and the detection spells are added to the Bard's spell list.

Anyway, been thinking about the claim. Roles like this are so much *fun* because the role doesn't actually clear anyone as it would be just as likely for scum to have it as town. It's a watered down version of a finder because it doesn't give you the full alignment, and probably would be more beneficial in a situation in which we massclaimed since it doesn't tell you evil or good or at the end game scenario when one team is left. It's still helpful in finding members of your team and who could be scum, but it's not as helpful as if you got to know the good or evil aspect. That being said, it seems like a role town would have.

And the manner of the claim seems pretty town to me. Pine was actually at L-12 at the time when he claimed by the vote count that was up, but he says it was at 8 which suggests that he did it when catching up with the thread and seeing the wagon form and not after making his way through the thread. The way he did it seems impulsive and frustrated, which I would more associate with town. Also, if he's not then he's setting himself up for a counterclaim. It's not something a lawful character could have though, so that's a less than 50% chance of being counterclaimed.

Anyway, he locked himself into a role claim early on day one, and the way that he's responded today seems pretty town to me. I wouldn't be comfortable lynching Pine today; we should see how this plays out and reevaluate him on another day when more information becomes available.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:49 am

Post by Norman »

In post 642, greenknight wrote:
MoI 491 wrote:
is tingling my scum-dar. He’s keeping a generally low profile, talking around any significant thread activities, and is taking the position re: Norman I expect from scum – one that allows them to lynch him later on when mislynches are running low.

I said I think Norman is unlikely to be scum, how on earth do you interpret that as setting up a future mislynch? It's particularly hypocritical given that in the same post you said the following:

MoI wrote:
Norman is a grade-A VI moron. Regardless of how Town he is per my other head he’s going to be actively helping the scum with his ‘antics’ until he’s dead. Mark my words … he’ll never be scum-killed. So if you want this string of stupidity to continue please feel free to not vote him.

Implying that Norman is of negative value to the town and therefore it's ok to policy lynch him... it looks to me like you're the one potentially promoting a future mislynch here.

(Also, policy lynches are a bad idea in this game, given that scum have 2 night kills to our 1 lynch and the scum are not in competition with each other. We can't afford to waste days just to lynch people for being annoying.)

That actually looks more scumbaggish then Shade's post.

Unvote: Shadoweh
Vote: greenknight
Reason: Above quote
Norman.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 am

Post by greenknight »

In post 641, kondi2424 wrote:Guys, look at the Foxace wagon and tell me it doesn't reek.

Same could be said about the CooLDoG wagon to a lesser extent.

Do you mean that you read him as town, or that the players on him are scummy?

Out of the three current wagons (Norman, Foxace, Cooldog) I read Norman as genuinely acting in accordance with what he believes to be good scumhunting by trolling for responses especially after he toned down the trolling. I think Cooldog would be more clued in on the setup and the identity of players in the MoI hydra if he was scum. I'm undecided about Foxace.

You have experience with Norman, I assume this is his regular style so what is it that stands out to you as being scummy about his play?
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:07 am

Post by kondi2424 »

Nothing. He has to die eventually, though. Plus, he *might* be scum.

I'm saying all of the players on Foxace are scummy, and all the players on CooLDoG are scummy.
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 am

Post by Norman »

In post 647, kondi2424 wrote:Nothing. He has to die eventually, though. Plus, he *might* be scum.

I'm saying all of the players on Foxace are scummy, and all the players on CooLDoG are scummy.

I'm not going to die! I will be a main character, damn it!
Norman.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Empking »

With 26 players how do we expect to get a lynch in 9 days, by the way?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”