Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:34 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 490, LimMePls wrote:
Tammy wrote:Why are you only concerned with questioning one person?

What's the problem if he is? Your question implies that Foxace36 focusing his questions at one player is somehow bad.

Trying to determine what if anything that says about his alignment or his playstyle. Seems a bit odd seeing as how we have a more than one scum team out there to just focus on one person, especially when he's as active as he is and the one player he wants to question was inactive at the time.

Tammy wrote:Sorry. This is my real question to LMP

You highlighted that you are voting Norman for using think and might in regards to someone maybe being a scumbag. Do you find that scum are more likely to use words which make one seem unsure or town?

How often do you tend to find scum by word choice?

What do you think of RT's response to Feysal saying that scum would be insane not to claim the opposite alignment:

"This 100%. A RC kind of defeats the purpose of itself in some aspects. But we also don't know if there's an even number of LE & CE and CG & LG. Or if the total LE + CG = LG + CE. So I suppose some information could certainly be ascertained."

I catch scum on word choice all the time. By far one of my top scum tells is finding scum that appear to be crafting their thoughts to conform/appease the town. Also fence-sitting/wishy-washy language is a big red flag for me. For a great example of these tells, see me catch CoachTravis scum on day 1 in Ghostbusters Mafia, in large part due to the way he used language in that game (see my ISO 1 where I show his backtracking from the use of the word "constant" was scummy and his fence-sitting/wishy-washy language toward Scott Brosius). I'm sure there are plenty of other examples of this in my wiki.

As for the quote, I'm not sure I follow the argument of whether or not LE + CG = LG + CE, since the game seemed intentionally designed to have PRECISELY that balance. I'm not sure what "some" information he suggests could be ascertained, but I don't think it outweighs the serious dangers that Feysal correctly identified.
[/quote]

I realize RT is not in the game so it doesn't technically matter anymore, though I do think that predecssors must be taken into account when evaluating the new one. I thought that quote I asked you about was strange and felt like an attempt to contribute to the conversation and say something without making an opinion to avoid getting any more votes.

I agree that word choice is important and can help catch scum, but you have to be careful too, because town are just as likely to use words like "think" or "might" as scum. In fact, town has more of a tendency to do so because of coming from the position of not actually knowing anything.

I'm sure your meta is great, but I'm not going to read it. I have very limited experience with people on this site (3 people in this game were in a game I was briefly in before the crash), and I do my best to not allow meta into a current game. I might read it later though, I do love seeing people caught by word choice. In the last game I played in on my regular site, I was sure I caught scum for word choice. Everyone thought I was crazy...they did end up being scum in the end.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 am

Post by Norman »

In post 500, Tammy wrote:
In post 490, LimMePls wrote:
Tammy wrote:Why are you only concerned with questioning one person?

What's the problem if he is? Your question implies that Foxace36 focusing his questions at one player is somehow bad.

Trying to determine what if anything that says about his alignment or his playstyle. Seems a bit odd seeing as how we have a more than one scum team out there to just focus on one person, especially when he's as active as he is and the one player he wants to question was inactive at the time.

Tammy wrote:Sorry. This is my real question to LMP

You highlighted that you are voting Norman for using think and might in regards to someone maybe being a scumbag. Do you find that scum are more likely to use words which make one seem unsure or town?

How often do you tend to find scum by word choice?

What do you think of RT's response to Feysal saying that scum would be insane not to claim the opposite alignment:

"This 100%. A RC kind of defeats the purpose of itself in some aspects. But we also don't know if there's an even number of LE & CE and CG & LG. Or if the total LE + CG = LG + CE. So I suppose some information could certainly be ascertained."

I catch scum on word choice all the time. By far one of my top scum tells is finding scum that appear to be crafting their thoughts to conform/appease the town. Also fence-sitting/wishy-washy language is a big red flag for me. For a great example of these tells, see me catch CoachTravis scum on day 1 in Ghostbusters Mafia, in large part due to the way he used language in that game (see my ISO 1 where I show his backtracking from the use of the word "constant" was scummy and his fence-sitting/wishy-washy language toward Scott Brosius). I'm sure there are plenty of other examples of this in my wiki.

As for the quote, I'm not sure I follow the argument of whether or not LE + CG = LG + CE, since the game seemed intentionally designed to have PRECISELY that balance. I'm not sure what "some" information he suggests could be ascertained, but I don't think it outweighs the serious dangers that Feysal correctly identified.

I realize RT is not in the game so it doesn't technically matter anymore, though I do think that predecssors must be taken into account when evaluating the new one. I thought that quote I asked you about was strange and felt like an attempt to contribute to the conversation and say something without making an opinion to avoid getting any more votes.

I agree that word choice is important and can help catch scum, but you have to be careful too, because town are just as likely to use words like "think" or "might" as scum. In fact, town has more of a tendency to do so because of coming from the position of not actually knowing anything.

I'm sure your meta is great, but I'm not going to read it. I have very limited experience with people on this site (3 people in this game were in a game I was briefly in before the crash), and I do my best to not allow meta into a current game. I might read it later though, I do love seeing people caught by word choice. In the last game I played in on my regular site, I was sure I caught scum for word choice. Everyone thought I was crazy...they did end up being scum in the end.[/quote]

Tammy, I think you just outwitted LMP with this because town does have a tendency to say things like that, alot of the time (I say it alot actually... In the Tits for Tots game I was in, I actually was kind of indesicive) and that I'm actually a townie. Eheheheheheheheh. Ah so much indifference in this game. :lol:

Back to the point though, Pine's a scumbag by trying to convince Foxace about his decision. Then you have MoI posting seconds ago (the nicer head) on why he's a scumbag. Then you have Foxace still quarreling with Pine and then Pine says, "Fuck you asshat." That is an indication which means he rolls about 64% scumbag. While the other 36% of the roll if he were to be lynched would be either a gray class or a townie. If in case he does turn up town I have another suspect in mind, and that would be kondi and some other people... I'm also weary about what Tammy said above because word choice can often to be a very good indicator but not all the time. As in Scumhunter's Tits for Tots, word choice is a rather sad tactic.
Norman.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:16 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 499, Norman wrote:Pardon if I may be slightly annoying, but why are we not voting for Pine now?

the real question is why isn't he voting for you when he has been pushing for your lynch for the past 20 pages or so. Also, good catch on the day-talk thing... lynch norman now please.
after a wank.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:17 am

Post by Norman »

Here's the URL to Scumhunter's Tits for Tots game. Hoopla was actually the remaining scumbag and kondi was a townie... Some of the last and other parts got left out. https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... &start=450

Also here's the reverse psychology tactic I was talking about. It usually works with 8 - 10 players or below (the game was Mayo Clinic). I had successfully used it against the scumbags, who were Awesoma, BBmolla (well the vigilante sort of helped with that one), and the last guy (havingfitz) to get killed was the Serial Killer who persistently was being an ass to me the whole time. They used a different plan agaist him. Also some parts are left out as well so contact Uite if you have an further questions about the final showdown in that game. But town won that solely and singlehandedly because of me. I was even nominated by Hinduragi at end of the game who was a replacement of someone. Of course I died in the end, but I didn't care nevertheless because of what I did.

I'm pretty sure Riggs remembers it too, and kondi... Although he thought I did the whole reverse psychology/WIFOM thing wrong. He was corrected. https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=19523

So MoI's meaner head don't fucking correct me on shit you fucking don't know about. You too CoolDog and LMP. Goddamn, people are just too fucking hostile.

And I heard you a second time Cooldog, please just shutup.
Norman.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 am

Post by Norman »

In post 502, CooLDoG wrote:the real question is why isn't he voting for you when he has been pushing for your lynch for the past 20 pages or so. Also, good catch on the day-talk thing... lynch norman now please.

How about we lynch you for ignoring my fucking posts! How about you read them and stop being retarded.
Norman.
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:28 am

Post by Foxace36 »

Scum reads so far.....

MoI
Pine
CoolDog
Mastermind of Sin
Tammy

Will elaborate further tomorrow. (Heading to the theaters with a group of friends in a few hours to wait in line for the Hunger Games premiere! :D )
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:28 am

Post by Foxace36 »

So I'm busy getting ready and such.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:30 am

Post by Norman »

In post 505, Foxace36 wrote:Scum reads so far.....

MoI
Pine
CoolDog
Mastermind of Sin
Tammy

Will elaborate further tomorrow. (Heading to the theaters with a group of friends in a few hours to wait in line for the Hunger Games premiere! :D )

Yeah, I'm starting to think fucking Cooldog is a scumbag as well. And MoI, as hydras tend to be confusing...
Norman.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:31 am

Post by Norman »

As I've now learned from this game, hydras have two personalities that make it hard for people to know what the hell they are. When is this game ever going to proceed...
Norman.
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:32 am

Post by Foxace36 »

Oh shit, I forgot about the hydra.

Im going to put him on my "Meh" list for now....

Im getting so confused by him. One of his heads seems obv town to me and the other is iffy.
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:35 am

Post by Foxace36 »

And by iffy I mean as I'm getting a scum read on that head but not so sure about it now because of his other head.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:36 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

In post 509, Foxace36 wrote:
Im getting so confused by him. One of his heads seems obv town to me and the other is iffy.

So if you think this is the case -

ISO me. Make a list of each post in one of two categories -

Obv-Town Head: Post numbers
Iffy Head: Post numbers

It should take exactly at most 5 minutes.
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 am

Post by Foxace36 »

I will do that then.

I can only do small things atm though. Will make sure to get back to everyone with my reads and such tomorrow.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:05 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

You guys post too much for sick people.
Permanent V/LA.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@norman, how could one vote for you and not be a scumbag?
after a wank.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Norman »

In post 514, CooLDoG wrote:@norman, how could one vote for you and not be a scumbag?

Didn't I explain this a day or an hour ago? They would want to vote me because I seemed like an easy target. They want to blend in with the townspeople so that they woudn't get recognized as scumbags. If there isn't atleast 1 scumbag on there well then the reverse psychology effect obviously didn't work and I should've executed it later...
Norman.
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:25 am

Post by Foxace36 »

21 pages........

Can we get a vote count?

This day has dragged on long enough......
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:26 am

Post by Foxace36 »

We are never going to get anywhere if everyone decides to throw their votes around willy nilly. We need to decide upon a lynch. It is the only way of getting more information to work with.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:26 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 493, Zdenek wrote:Tammy, first of all comments like this:
In post 488, Tammy wrote:I'm glad you're telling me what I'm doing by my questions AFTER I've already told you there's nothing hidden in those questions and I wanted to know exactly what I wanted to know.

are useless. You telling me that there is nothing hidden in you questions doesn't change the fact that I can see alternative motivations behind your questions.

Second of all, in my experience people have all kinds of reasons for doing the things that they are doing, so there is limited (but not no) use in asking people questions. If one thinks that something is scummy or questionable, I think that's it's better to just say so, and see what comes of it. People's reactions are far more telling than there explanations, which are usually at least somewhat reasonable and tell me nothing about their alignment,

So, sure, you could have good reasons for your questions, but those are reasons that could come from town or from scum, and they don't change the fact that can see scum motivation for your questions.

I've already answered your question about GreenKnight.

I love it when I catch scum with an annoyance vote. You see, I was still thinking that there was a possibility we were just having a playstyle difference, and thought after I had a few hours away you might actually start to make sense. What a surprise that you actually started making less sense.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here considering that you have a start date of 2010 that you've played in a few games and know that not everyone plays the same way as you do. Since, I'm giving you that benefit of the doubt, I then have to accept that you aren't ignorant. So, if you're not, then you have to be scum.

I don't really care what you think is more beneficial for you. That's your playstyle...great, if it works for you it works for you. I don't play that way. I ask questions - again asking exactly wtf I want to know - and interact with people that way.

The very fact that you have played for what, over a year, and refuse to accept that someone else has a different play style is absolutely scummy. Because what you are doing is attempting to undermine and discredit whatever questions I ask, whatever interactions I have and whatever conclusions I come to. Town doesn't have a reason to behave this way. But, scum do.

My vote's not moving.

Oh and you didn't answer my question about greenknight because I never asked you in my barrage of useless scummy underhanded questions before. You responded to greenknight's surprise that you guys were on the same wagon, with Avox is scummier, but didn't say anything about your current thoughts on greenknight. But, nice try to say that you did.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:27 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

After the last two posts I'll certainly consider Foxace a viable lynch ...

The day is barely 5 days old. Days on MS routinely last up to two weeks.

Also, what happened to the list I asked for?
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:30 am

Post by Foxace36 »

I said I'm buusy (Also on my phone) and headin to the line forr the premiere soon. I'll put it up tomorrow.

Also, my bad, I usually play Mafia with my gaming clan and we never have them drag out this long so its not normal to me for them to drag out this long.

And if you want to lynch me, go right ahead. Atleast, everyone will have more information to work with and maybe people will be able to decipher who jumped on my wagon the fastest and whatnot.
brizingre1
brizingre1
Goon
brizingre1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:33 am

Post by brizingre1 »

Right, zdenek gets some scum points for his stupid questioning of Tammy's questions. Asking questions is a fairly common and completely valid playstyle, and I don't like the way z was trying to read so much into them, and his argument looked a little like he was reaching. Also he goes in three hours from 'I like Shadoweh's points against Pine, to voting Shaodweh ( http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p3926095 and http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3926204).
And foxace's recent posts are makink him look scummier and scummier, would be happy lynching him atm.
My vote still on Norman, we're not going to get anywhere with him playing, and I could be persuaded to switch my vote to Pine if needed, but at least he's vaguely playing, going to ISO foxace and see how scummy he looks.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:38 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

In post 492, Shadow1psc wrote:
In post 464, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
Shadow1psc is still passive, still don't like.
UNVOTE: Norman
VOTE: Pine

I addressed this, but obviously not well enough?

Also, seriously, is anyone reading my posts? CoolDog posted EXACTLY after my last post, and still addresses nothing. I would quote them, but Cooldog's post in itself is a quote answer wall. Posts # 400 and 401.

This still stands. ^

In post 521, brizingre1 wrote:Right, zdenek gets some scum points for his stupid questioning of Tammy's questions. Asking questions is a fairly common and completely valid playstyle, and I don't like the way z was trying to read so much into them, and his argument looked a little like he was reaching. Also he goes in three hours from 'I like Shadoweh's points against Pine, to voting Shaodweh ( http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p3926095 and http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3926204).
And foxace's recent posts are makink him look scummier and scummier, would be happy lynching him atm.
My vote still on Norman, we're not going to get anywhere with him playing, and I could be persuaded to switch my vote to Pine if needed, but at least he's vaguely playing, going to ISO foxace and see how scummy he looks.

Could you make your posts... easier to read by any chance?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:39 am

Post by Foxace36 »

The honest reason for my reasoning for a quick lynch is because I am on spring break. I wanted to progress the game quicker than normal so there could have atleast been a lot of progress made before I have to go back to school and be unable to contribute as much. And now that I have found Pine to be obv scum in my eyes and other people see it as well, I just want to move on to the next day already.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:45 am

Post by Norman »

In post 521, brizingre1 wrote:Right, zdenek gets some scum points for his stupid questioning of Tammy's questions. Asking questions is a fairly common and completely valid playstyle, and I don't like the way z was trying to read so much into them, and his argument looked a little like he was reaching. Also he goes in three hours from 'I like Shadoweh's points against Pine, to voting Shaodweh ( http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p3926095 and http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3926204).

How would you know if I'm not going to get anywhere when I'm playing? You're getting scummier each time I look at your posts. Furthermore you didn't even read the shit that I had to say because it's clearly evident you didn't. I tried to develop a plan in this game without thinking, and it got me on a bad lynch sequence. That's what it was supposed to do except I didn't get most of the players to react to it.

Also, did you see the reaction Pine made to Foxace? Idk if that's worth scumbag indication but it appears to be scumbaggish.
Norman.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”