Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3325 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Post by IceGuy »

That leads me to another idea I've been kicking around in my head for a while:

Parallel Universes Mafia. Large Theme with 26 players. The game is actually two separate 13-player games: you're in game A or in game B, and you can only vote for and execute actions on people in your game. Mafia can communicate between the two games, though. There are some PRs (for instance, a player might be able to put themselves or another player into the other game, or swap two players). The end is either both games "collapsing" into one when a specific number of players has been reached, or both games are played separately to the end and you need to win both to fulfill your win condition.

Has this been done? Would you play it?
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by Moneybags »

There was a "Game A, Game B, combind at the end" thing the happend.
But Ice, what if we had two games going at the same time, and we apply what I posted only give two people "one identity". They would know who their other "side" wa but wouldn't be able to talk to them. And that other side could have a different affiliation, such as one be a vig and one be maf?
Spitballing here :P But the point is would you be interested in a game collaboration of some sorts?
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by Moneybags »

Hmm, maybe it would be better out out as this:
PRs in game one can only affect people in game 2. Players with the same identity can talk and share results. The point would be to have Town 1 tell Town 2 who the scum are, because they can't(and vice versa)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 3326, Moneybags wrote:Gah D: Alright.
I have another idea though. What about an Alternate Reality mafia? If you've seen the NBC show Awake, it would work a little like that.

You would have D1 and everyone has their roles, lynch someone. Then there's N1, night actions taken
But instead of D2, there's another D1 in which everyone is given a different role that can tie into/help their role in the other Days.
So basicly if your a mafia rolecop in reality 1, and a vig in reality 2, you could decide who you want your vig kill to be based on your results as the RC.
There would be two winners, one for each reality.

I just thought of this so there would be much ironing out. Has
this
been done before?
I don't think so. However, you'll have to be careful so that it doesn't benefit someone to out their scumpartners in the alternative reality.

---

IceGuy wrote:Has this been done? Would you play it?
Done almost exactly as said once (there were actually three games combined into one - Tri-Cities Mafia by Quagmire), done with three slightly interconnected games (MtG: Parallel Universes Mafia with Tarhalindur, UncertainKitten, and MafiaSSK), twice with two player-swappable games (Tuthreded Mafia by mathcam and Teleportation Mafia by zoraster), and if you want to throw Team Mafia in, that too.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by Moneybags »

Yeah Tri cities, that's what I was thinking of.
But I'm warming up to the idea that I posted in my last post. I'd just need someone to mod the other game.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by IceGuy »

In post 3328, Moneybags wrote:
But Ice, what if we had two games going at the same time, and we apply what I posted only give two people "one identity". They would know who their other "side" wa but wouldn't be able to talk to them. And that other side could have a different affiliation, such as one be a vig and one be maf?

How is this different from two non-interconnected games with the same player list?

But the point is would you be interested in a game collaboration of some sorts?

In principle yes, but I think we're talking about two different things.

In post 3330, Vi wrote:Done almost exactly as said once (there were actually three games combined into one - Tri-Cities Mafia by Quagmire), done with three slightly interconnected games (MtG: Parallel Universes Mafia with Tarhalindur, UncertainKitten, and MafiaSSK), twice with two player-swappable games (Tuthreded Mafia by mathcam and Teleportation Mafia by zoraster), and if you want to throw Team Mafia in, that too.

Thanks, didn't know of any of the games except for Team Mafia, which had a different concept.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 am

Post by callforjudgement »

For what it's worth, I've put some thought into the idea of running two games in parallel with the same player list, but with no rule against talking about one game in the other. That'd make significant changes by itself. (I suggest that players only win overall if they win in both games, so that outing your scumbuddy in either game goes against your wincon.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:38 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 3333, callforjudgement wrote:For what it's worth, I've put some thought into the idea of running two games in parallel with the same player list, but with no rule against talking about one game in the other. That'd make significant changes by itself. (I suggest that players only win overall if they win in both games, so that outing your scumbuddy in either game goes against your wincon.)

Then you have the awkward situation where both games are Scum wins, and nobody was scum in both. Game over, everyone loses.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:13 am

Post by chkflip »

I would both love and hate that ending.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Post by Moneybags »

In post 3333, callforjudgement wrote:For what it's worth, I've put some thought into the idea of running two games in parallel with the same player list, but with no rule against talking about one game in the other. That'd make significant changes by itself. (I suggest that players only win overall if they win in both games, so that outing your scumbuddy in either game goes against your wincon.)

There's a game kind of like that right now. It's called Good Vs. Evil, Law Vs. Chaos. It has two towns and two scum.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by GreyICE »

It will end in tears

/end psychic predictions

(no seriously, since game 1 has a motive to stop game 2 from ending in either a win or loss, and visa versa, there's going to be entire classes of people whose overwhelming motive is to NOT lynch from the wrong game. If it's 13/13/3/3, for instance then if G2 is down to 3/1 or something, lynching ANYONE from game 2 is a horrid idea for the entire group of game 1. Imagine the following scenario: "I'm the cop, confirmed. He's scum. Lynch." Rest of game 1: "Nah, you're all game ending 3rd party jesters as far as we're concerned, go play with yourself, we're lynching someone else." Scum should virtually certainly win.)
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:39 am

Post by Umbrage »

In post 3274, Umbrage wrote:Currently designing a setup for Forum 62: The Game. Please express your support/dislike through the use of *cheers* and *slaps*. Thank you.

This is close to being completed. The setup's been reviewed, but I'll probably make a few minor tweaks before launch. 30 players, bastard theme. Just need to polish off the role PMs before I enter the queue. Feel free to spam me with PMs reminding me to work on it.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:49 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 3334, izakthegoomba wrote:

Then you have the awkward situation where both games are Scum wins, and nobody was scum in both. Game over, everyone loses.

I'd count it as 1 win and 1 loss, since I really played 2 games.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows P1 - Win as scum
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows P2 - Loss as town

etc
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:32 am

Post by saulres »

In post 3336, Moneybags wrote:

There's a game kind of like that right now. It's called Good Vs. Evil, Law Vs. Chaos. It has two towns and two scum.

That might be fun to follow. Links please?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Faraday »

Game is being rebooted, so wait for the thread in the large theme queue.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:31 am

Post by Moneybags »

Actually, chances are you could replace in saulres
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:35 am

Post by saulres »

I can't really. I don't have time to commit to mafia games anymore :( And even if I did, Large games scare me -- I have enough trouble keeping track of 13 players, let alone more.

Sorry!
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by chkflip »

Anyone claim The Walking Dead? I want to make a zombie-cult TWD themed game. Any interest?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:29 pm

In post 3334, izakthegoomba wrote:

I was planning to guarantee that the two scumteams had exactly one player in common. (Which would give a bunch of info to the town, as it would be public knowledge if I did that.)
scum
town
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by Moneybags »

Zombie games are always fun. I haven't watched TWD but I might play it for the Zombie mechanics.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:28 am

Post by Nexus »

History Mafia. The premise is that we have different historical figures...

Or Bolshevik Revolution Mafia - Lenin, Trotsky OH MY

any interest?
Trans rights are human rights.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:32 am

Post by Staeg »

History mafia.

Bolshevik mafia doesn't sound too bad, either, but I'd go for HM.
sa vrede?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3347 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Working out a game mechanic, just want to see if anyone has heard or played of something similar?

Basic concept is a set of switches controlled by the players effect the power of the town or scumteam or both.
Welcome to the Network.
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3348 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by Moneybags »

That sounds pretty original. And interesting. What would said switches do?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3349 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:50 pm

In post 3349, kunkstar7 wrote:Working out a game mechanic, just want to see if anyone has heard or played of something similar?

Basic concept is a set of switches controlled by the players effect the power of the town or scumteam or both.

SMBM II had switches that basically enabled roles, and a Compulsive Switch Presser role responsible for pressing them. Might help give you some inspiration.
scum
town

Return to “Mafia Discussion”