Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:33 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Vote: kops
as the sure thing from my perspective; plus, I don't want to put MC one away in this situation without hearing more from bigAl and others.

However, Masterchief's contributions thus far have not alleviated any of my earlier concerns about elvis. Sucks to replace in for one of the scummiest players left, but I've been there before.
Retired as of October 2014.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:33 pm

Post by kops »

whoa... WHOA what????

This is the
second
time you have done this (although it is true that you had scum last time, but still)! Please explain.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:34 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

And given kops' panicked simulpost, I'm almost sure we're both right, ET....
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:38 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Unvote: kops, Vote: Masterchief
- known scum is defending suspected scum at (probable) lynch-or-lose, with the lame excuse of "well I know you were right last time, but..."
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:17 pm

Post by kops »

alright w/e, may as well do this as I think this game is near unlosable so
vote masterchief

Thanks flay!!!
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:55 am

Post by Orbiting »

It's probably fair to mention that Masterchief had a bad feeling about coming into this. The spirits were restless and the auras were icky, and she shouldn't have come here at all. Her psychic powers were dead on, as it were, but only up to a point. She didn't, for example, have any idea who to trust, and she didn't, for a more pertinent example, have any idea that the consoling cup of tea kops pressed into her hand after casting the final vote was full of poison.

Masterchief, Madame Rose, a townie, has been lynched. ***The game is still live.*** Please send your night choices by Tuesday, June 13, at noon.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:26 am

Post by Orbiting »

It was a short and surprising night. One by one, you left the Library seeking either 1) a safe haven, or 2) some innocent townies to murder, according to your kinds. But it was not to be like that, particularly. One of you was followed.

kops stepped out into the halls of Boddy Manor, murder on his mind. Vaguely, he wished he were Catholic, so that at the end of this, he could be absolved of his bloody deeds, but no matter. Clearing these sinners from the earth was the Lord's work.

Intently, he made his way towards his chosen room. A figure stepped out of the shadows. A derringer appeared from somewhere no derringer was likely. "You!," said kops, amazed. "What in God's name -- that's not a Clue weapon!" A flash and a bang, and any of kops' further questions would have to be answered by a higher authority.

In the morning, the remaining players search their rooms, and find no body. It is only later, when you expand your search to the rest of the house that you find Reverend Green dead on the floor in front of the Library.

kops, Rev. Green, a scummy scummy scum, is dead. It is Day Five, with three alive. That makes it two to lynch. Endgame on.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:30 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I can't believe that worked. Sorry elvis/MC, the only way I could actually use my one-shot and be sure of the result was to lynch the suspected scum and shoot the known killer. I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader as to where Miss Scarlet might keep a derringer... :roll: Yes this is ANOTHER expansion on my role, but hear me out.

I am 99% sure that EmpTyger is our scum, based on the end result of yesterday's lynch and the night's actions. EmpTyger is NOT our vigilante, whatever he says, because I can describe why we ended up here. His "inability" to describe how his role works, and continued evasion on actually explaining things for the last two days, is the clincher for me. Furthermore I believe kops' thanking me and ONLY me (instead of me and ET) should prove it to bigAl, who I believe is the remaining townie like we deduced yesterday.

kops (scum) is dead. I'm alive. That more-or-less resolves that pair.
elvis (town) is dead. EmpTyger is alive. Need I say more?

I'll explain more about my role if needed, but I want to hear EmpTyger commit to his kill method before I do. No vote for that reason and that reason alone, yet.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:24 am

Post by EmpTyger »

[am at the RL library right now. Had some accusations saved on my home computer, but feels kind of overkill at this point.]

I was having a such a hard time figuring out which of kops and Flay were guilty, so I planned to test their reactions to my voting their fellowmafia, Masterchief. And... I catch them both trying to speedlynch. Wow. Well, it perfectly explains why I was having such trouble deciding which of them were innocent: Neither were. (I'm still surprised that elvis was innocent, but I didn't seriously consider the possibility that Flay and kops were mafia together. Brilliant gambit, and probably should have worked.)

Flay:
So... that brings your claim total to nighttalker/cop/Lassie/colorinvestigator/oneshotvig. (btw No need to stop there; you still can add something to explain how you stopped last night's nightkill!) I've wanted to lynch you so many times this game, ever since my first readthrough, and was disappointed when stuff kept coming up to keep me from even voting you. Well, looks like it's my lucky day.
Vote: Flay
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:20 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

So are you saying you didn't kill kops? Remember that you just said you couldn't decide which of us was guilty....
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:07 pm

Post by bigAl »

Hmmm, I'll have to figure this out carefully.
kops wrote:
vote masterchief

Thanks flay!!!
The above quote looks soooo much like a scum who is confident that they won (à la PBuG in Smash Bros...), which would make sense if they weren't counting on a one-shot vig. Of course, they could have set that up beforehand, but I think that that is unlikely.

I wonder why there was no night kill tonight?
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:49 pm

Post by bigAl »

Hmm, so the only way that the game wouldn't have automatically ended last night is if there was a vig left. I think that the vig had to kill someone AND the mafia's kill blocked for the game to continue.

[thinking out loud]Why no scum kill?

First posibility: I can't fathom any reason why scum would not have tried to kill last night. They might not kill if they were trying to avoid, say, Mr. Flay's tracking ability, however it seems that they would think that they would be able to win at that point and not worry about that possibility.

Second possibility: the mafia's kills are somehow tied to room choices, and therefore, there was no kill due to the game mechanics and not due to any roleblocker, doc, etc. There was no kill N1, but still, I think that this unlikely because of room choices and more likely because of a doc, roleblocker, etc.

Third poosibility: Someone blocked the kill. Someone like me? The only problem with this is that I didn't block the kill. EmpTyger has claimed vig and Flay tracker/one-shot vig? So, that's not it either.

Fourth posibility: Scum killed their own. Not true because the kill tonight had special flavour there's not real reason to do so. (The only reason that I am mentioning this is cause I'm running out of other possibilities.)

Fifth possibility: Someone is lying about their role. However this would have to be a pro-town lier since they blocked the kill. Which doesn't make sense either.

Probably the most likely of all these rather unlikely possibilities would be the second one. hmm, which doesn't help decide who is telling the truth.[/thinking out loud]
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:24 pm

Post by kops »

bah! wasn't counting on that obviously....
oh well, go scumbuddy! you can do it!
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:36 am

Post by Masterchief »

I can't believe you guys lynched me!!!!!!!!!!
Show
[u]People I Want To Kill In A Mafia Game[/u]
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
[u]People that are cool to play with[/u]
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:20 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

There's a lot of ghosts in this mansion... :roll:
EmpTyger wrote:Flay:
So... that brings your claim total to nighttalker/cop/Lassie/colorinvestigator/oneshotvig. (btw No need to stop there; you still can add something to explain how you stopped last night's nightkill!)
Still waiting for a definite answer from EmpTyger about last night's kill, but in the meantime I can extricate the truth from the lies in this statement:

Nighttalker:
Mr. Flay wrote:
elvis and I can "talk" tonight.
Note the quotes; I didn't mean it literally, I was building on elvis' "It's a date, Flay.", and on my own role as a femme fatale. Strange that the only person who really was suspicious of it was...your predecessor, MeMe.

Cop:
I never claimed this; in fact I said so back in April. What I *did* say was that I was pretty sure my role could prove MY innocence. At the time I thought I could clear Tamuz, I wasn't sure what my night results would be, so I thought perhaps I'd see someone try to act on him, and have an answer that way.

Lassie: true.

Colorinvestigator: This wasn't described in my role PM, just came up when I finally saw something. Since I was *right* about kops, how does this incriminate me? Please explain what you find suspicious/pro-scum about this ability?

One-shot vigilante:
Well, as you yourself said yesterday, it wouldn't make much sense to telegraph to the scum that I had a derringer in my garter, would it? Only I think I can prove my claim, unlikely as it is, and you...haven't.

Looking back on EmpTyger's room assignments, he put two scum and two town (from my perspective) {Bamboo, Flay, kops, Tyger} in the Library, and two townies {bigAl, elvis} in a second room. Maybe they have to outnumber/equal the townies in a room in order to get their kill through? Would make sense with respect to having three scum in a game of 10, it hampers them somewhat.

Then last night his proposal (which didn't work, obviously) was to put me in a room with kops (now known scum), and himself and bigAl in separate rooms. He was all-fired up to kill elvis that day despite my claim of evidence, and that would have put me in a room with a single scum by ourselves. That should have ended it with a town loss, if it had worked.

That's pretty much what I've got. If ET somehow DOESN'T claim his vigilante action worked last night, then you have to work under the assumption that I took out my partner, at night, in order to get to a three-man endgame where I'm relying on votes going my way. That stretches incredulity just a
bit
, for me anyway...
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:22 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

[bah- Been busy, finally get a chance to post, and get beaten into the thread by an hour. Naturally.]

Since we’re in modconfirmed endgame, there’s no reason not to describe my ability; we’re not getting another night, and I suppose it simplifies things. Sgt. Grey, vigilante: the first time someone tries to kill in my room, I kill the murderer first. My ability works entirely passively, like it appears Bamboo’s did: I only choose a room. (N3 appears to be a cornercase involving how Bamboo and my abilities interacted. I’m still not sure what happened N2; the PM I received implied that no one else was with me.) And this should provide a most satisfactory explanation for why I did not want get into explain exactly how my ability worked previously.

Flay:
Mr. Flay [584] wrote:So are you saying you didn't kill kops? Remember that you just said you couldn't decide which of us was guilty....
I don’t know where you are getting that idea. *Yesterday* I couldn’t decide which of you were guilty. At twilight- when you 2 speedlynched Masterchief and he was revealed as an innocent- I kind of got a slight sneaking suspicion that just maybe you 2 might somehow be mafia together. But, as I said above, kops’s death wasn’t caused by my thinking him guilty.

I think I cover most of [589] in my response to bigAl below, but briefly:
Mr. Flay [589] wrote:<snip>Nighttalker:
Mr. Flay wrote:
elvis and I can "talk" tonight.
Note the quotes; I didn't mean it literally, I was building on elvis' "It's a date, Flay.", and on my own role as a femme fatale. Strange that the only person who really was suspicious of it was...your predecessor, MeMe.
Blatant lie. You post about “talk”ing in [66]. Tamuz wasn’t suspicious of it in [67]- but he was mafia. MeMe was suspicious in [68]. elvis doubleposted [69-70], and was suspicious [70]. You recant in [71].
Mr. Flay [cont] wrote:Cop:
I never claimed this; in fact I said so back in April. What I *did* say was that I was pretty sure my role could prove MY innocence. At the time I thought I could clear Tamuz, I wasn't sure what my night results would be, so I thought perhaps I'd see someone try to act on him, and have an answer that way.

Lassie: true.
My role clearly states that I am a vigilante, and Bamboo was clearly stated to be a doctor, despite the fact that our roles differ slightly from the norm due to the room mechanic. I cannot believe you expect us to believe that you would have been announced as “Miss Scarlet, Lassie” had you died.
Mr. Flay [cont] wrote:Colorinvestigator: This wasn't described in my role PM, just came up when I finally saw something. Since I was *right* about kops, how does this incriminate me? Please explain what you find suspicious/pro-scum about this ability?
As stated below to bigAl, remember when you tried to accuse me by stating that “there was NO ambiguity about how [your] role works in [your] role PM”?
Mr. Flay [cont] wrote:One-shot vigilante:
Well, as you yourself said yesterday, it wouldn't make much sense to telegraph to the scum that I had a derringer in my garter, would it? Only I think I can prove my claim, unlikely as it is, and you...haven't.
:roll: You’re absolutely right. The fact that I claimed vigilante and then had a dead mafia turn up the next morning in no way proves my claim, but completely exonerates the guy who was claiming to be a cop up through dawn. Sure.
Mr. Flay [cont] wrote:Looking back on EmpTyger's room assignments, he put two scum and two town (from my perspective) {Bamboo, Flay, kops, Tyger} in the Library, and two townies {bigAl, elvis} in a second room. Maybe they have to outnumber/equal the townies in a room in order to get their kill through? Would make sense with respect to having three scum in a game of 10, it hampers them somewhat.
Except for the part where you have already stated that you didn’t see me do anything in the Hall N3.
Mr. Flay [cont] wrote:Then last night his proposal (which didn't work, obviously) was to put me in a room with kops (now known scum), and himself and bigAl in separate rooms. He was all-fired up to kill elvis that day despite my claim of evidence, and that would have put me in a room with a single scum by ourselves. That should have ended it with a town loss, if it had worked.
My proposal was assuming that elvis was guilty and exactly 1 of you and kops were mafia. Obviously that assumption was contradicted at nightfall.
Mr. Flay [cont] wrote:That's pretty much what I've got. If ET somehow DOESN'T claim his vigilante action worked last night, then you have to work under the assumption that I took out my partner, at night, in order to get to a three-man endgame where I'm relying on votes going my way. That stretches incredulity just a
bit
, for me anyway...
Except for the part where I killed kops. (And in any case, how is that less incredulous than what you are arguing: that I led the lynch of Tamuz D3 and pushed a cops in front of kops N4? Or, for that matter less incredulous than your claim?)

bigAl:
Er, forgive me, but where’s the confusion? This doesn’t seem that complicated…

Yesterday there were, for me, exactly 2 reasons to believe Flay. First was being an uncounterclaimed cop. Second was correctly identifying Scarlet and Green. Well, now there’s a much simpler explanation for the second than Flay suddenly developed color-detection: he was kops’s fellow mafia, and thusly knew his color! So that leaves the cop claim. A cop claim that kept changing despite Flay’s saying that “there was NO ambiguity about how my role works in my role PM.”

Temporarily assume that Flay has the ability that he described. Why on earth would he play it the way he did? (Interestingly, the plan kops proposed would have indeed been the most effective use of Flay’s alleged ability!) But rather than go with kops’s plan- or go with any alternative to take advantage of his alleged power, Flay weakened his claim and used that as reason to ignore the subject. His main concern is the worry that the doctor might be exposed- but even after Bamboo admits he’s the doctor, Flay still argues for randomized rooms. It is only the next day, when *I* set up the proper assignments that Flay is forced to use his ability in the way he should have from the beginning. (And at that point he has 2 choices: have it revealed that his ability is bogus, or sell out his fellow mafia and try to use that confirm himself. Not much of a choice.)

Moreover, let’s consider the cop ability. Temporarily assume Flay’s telling the truth. As I pointed out, he’s allegedly claimed “there was NO ambiguity about how my role works in my role PM.” (ignore for now the fact that he admits that he was not expecting the color). So he gets no result from vanillas (N1) and also no result from Bamboo’s doctor ability (N3). If he’s telling the truth, I’m guilty and thus don’t have my vigilante ability. So the only results he’d be able to get are mafia nightkills. (And any ability that you might be hinting at in [586], but honestly I’m skeptical.) First of all, this ability seems rather useless, since it seems that most of the time the cop would be able to see anything, it would be his own death! But most importantly, if Flay did have this ability, why would he try to set up a scenario where he’d be with only elvis?

I was suspicious of Flay because I noticed so many invocations of WIFOM logic, often explicitly: [35], [60], [206], [254], [512]. Interestingly, this includes a comment to Tamuz in which Flay describes how “[Flay]'ll sell [his] partner down the river at the slightest provocation”

Flay has lynched 3 protowns. While he did lynch Tamuz, that was only after I presented ironclad evidence against him- and only after he tried to provide a plausible explanation for Tamuz’s misclaim. And only after he kept trying to shift the lynch to elvis, until I pointblank asked him if he had any reason to do so. Which he had to admit that he didn’t.

Flay’s suspicions Day 1 and 2 are usually on people who have been confirmed as protown. The exception is that he does vote for Tamuz; but only after stating that he’s worried about how closely Tamuz has linked himself to him. Which can obviously be taken 2 ways. He soon abandons Tamuz for TSAGod- yet attacks you for doing the exact same thing.

He tried to get me to label the people I assigned to the Hall (which include him and kops) as being cleared, despite trying to cast suspicion on Bamboo.

The first time BabyJ was bandwagoned, Flay put the 4th vote on, and preemptively placed suspicion on a 5th vote [the lynching vote]. This reminded me of the classic newbie game tell: placing the 3rd vote Day 1 (with 4 to lynch).

Day 3 Flay wanted to start with a nameclaim, rather than a roomclaim, despite the fact that there is no evidence for any use for a nameclaim. Except, of course, for his alleged ability- except he didn’t “discover” until the following night.

Day 4 Flay pointed fingers equally at each other player. It didn’t make sense how he could have held the same level of suspicious towards elvis as he did towards me or you after what happened yesterday- unless he was trying to keep suspicion onto everyone, so that whoever he needed good be the target. Even today, he hasn’t yet voted me, I suppose holding out some hope that I might be manipulated otherwise?- despite the fact that you now are a confirmed innocent by virtue of not lynching Flay in endgame.

And what were his alternatives? Yesterday he was careful to keep suspicion on you and I as well as elvis- despite the fact there was little evidence against you and less against me. Today, since I’ve proven my ability, and I voted Flay, so the only way that he can win is by trying to somehow discredit me.

Also, MeMe picked up a tell that never got followed up on: “My instinct says
our
kill was blocked last night.” Also never followed up on what Fuldu pointed out: “Flay seemed awfully convinced that he was going to be able to prove himself, but his role doesn't seem to justify that level of confidence.” Nor the “Vote: The Butler” detail.

<speculation>One thing that struck me on my first readthrough as being rather odd was how Flay mentioned being able to “talk” with others in his room, which he then quickly recanted when the town found this unusual. I was recently in a game where, to balance a larger-than-expected mafia group, there were limits placed on their ability to nighttalk. This game, with the room mechanic and 10 players instead of 12, seemed like it could easily have something like that: the mafia being only allowed to nighttalk if in the same room. Day 1, Flay might not have realized that only mafia got this ability, and slipped up in thread. This might also explain some of the summarizational posts (ie [430]) that he would make when it seemed like the day would be about to end: to get the mafia onto the same page, in case they couldn’t nighttalk.</speculation>

Incidentally, I’m guessing the no-kill N1 was because Bamboo protected Fuldu. Impossible to tell for sure, since Fuldu never claimed his N1 room, and Bamboo would have had to have gotten extremely lucky to have hit him. But he seems the most likely target, both for his playskill and I’d guess because the mafia probably suspected he was the real cop, as he only cast 1 vote all day: for kops. (At first I thought that there was some interplay involving the secret passages, that Bamboo in the Kitchen was able to protect MeMe in the Study; but then I realized that I had forgotten about the players who had died before I joined the game, and realized that the simplest explanation would be that Fuldu was in the Kitchen N1.)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:59 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Thanks, that's all I needed to know that I wasn't getting scammed by bigAl (seemed really unlikely, but...).
Vote: EmpTyger

Now, here's what
actually
happened last night, and why I am guessing that it prevented a nightkill: My one-shot doesn't deal with a room, but with a particular person. Unlike previous nights where I chose a room to observe, last night I sent in a choice to kill kops. Presumably that's why we're in the hallway, and potentially why he never got make his kill. Maybe he was chosen to make the kill because he'd effectively "outed" himself with his last post of the day, and thus was likely to be lynched today anyway if the game continued? I don't know specifics of the scum's kill method, but that's my explanation for why we're in the "hallway" outside of the rooms proper.

EmpTyger, my tendency to "cut loose" a fellow scum is limited to situations where it's not suicidal; again I ask you, what possible purpose would there be to me killing my own partner last night when we were at 2-2?
As stated below to bigAl, remember when you tried to accuse me by stating that “there was NO ambiguity about how [your] role works in [your] role PM”?
And there wasn't. I can't quote you what it says directly, of course, but the way in which it's
activated
were totally clear. What it does, took a little longer to decipher...
*Yesterday* I couldn’t decide which of you were guilty. At twilight- when you 2 speedlynched Masterchief and he was revealed as an innocent- I kind of got a slight sneaking suspicion that just maybe you 2 might somehow be mafia together. But, as I said above, kops’s death wasn’t caused by my thinking him guilty.
So when, exactly, did you decide it was both me and kops? When I accused you today? This still sounds like hedging your bets, and I still haven't heard a good explanation for why you wanted to lynch elvis over kops yesterday.
Moreover, let’s consider the cop ability. Temporarily assume Flay’s telling the truth. As I pointed out, he’s allegedly claimed “there was NO ambiguity about how my role works in my role PM.” (ignore for now the fact that he admits that he was not expecting the color). So he gets no result from vanillas (N1) and also no result from Bamboo’s doctor ability (N3). If he’s telling the truth, I’m guilty and thus don’t have my vigilante ability. So the only results he’d be able to get are mafia nightkills. (And any ability that you might be hinting at in [586], but honestly I’m skeptical.) First of all, this ability seems rather useless, since it seems that most of the time the cop would be able to see anything, it would be his own death! But most importantly, if Flay did have this ability, why would he try to set up a scenario where he’d be with only elvis?
Are you claiming to understand how the scum kills work now? Because I don't; my "equal numbers" supposition earlier was merely that; supposition. I did, indeed, initially expect many more power roles that I'd be able to confirm. That's the ONLY reason I came out on D1 with what my role did, and invited as many of my accusers as wanted to join me (not just elvis, as you continue to assert falsely) in the same room.

Your "Day 4" scenario above is false on the face of it, because you're presuming that I had "equal suspicions" on everyone left alive (besides kops). I clearly said what my full suspicions were, and have at every point of the game, I believe. You, on the other hand, have failed to answer numerous questions at the ideal times, with your constant "well I'll have to rethink this", "well I changed my mind", "well maybe I shouldn't reveal that today" the last few days.

You are right about one thing, though; bigAl is now confirmed by virtue of not lynching me. It's all up to him, now, unless he has further questions for us.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by bigAl »

Wait a minute, let me get this straight:
EmpTyger wrote:The first time someone tries to kill in my room, I kill the murderer first. My ability works entirely passively: I only choose a room.
EmpTyger wrote:Tonight {
Bamboo
, Flay, kops,
Tyger
} stay in one room. (I’m arbitrarily picking the Library)
Orbiting wrote:
Bamboomancer
, Mrs. Peacock, doctor. Murdered, Night Three.

The
Library
- Bamboomancer, with the revolver.
Double checking: is this a total lie? Why didn't you stop the kill N3, if you were in the Library with Bamboo with your supposed ability?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:45 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

bigAl:
bigAl [592] wrote:<snip>Why didn't you stop the kill N3, if you were in the Library with Bamboo with your supposed ability?
That’s the corner case I mentioned; I hadn’t anticipated Bamboo’s ability working the way it did. It stopped my killing of kops (or Flay, if he were the killer), because I couldn’t kill someone in front of Peacock. But whoever did the mafia kill was targeting Bamboo, who couldn’t selfprotect. Had Bamboo’s ability worked differently- or had he been lying, even- my plan would have worked much better; as it was we “only” caught 1 mafia (kops if Flay tells the truth; Flay if Flay’s lying).

Flay:
You’re not even trying to defend yourself. You cherrypick my arguments- ignoring nearly the entire first half of [590], which was the part addressed to you, in which I expose a lie, an implausibility, [the lie which you do address briefly with semantics- see below,] illogic, another lie, an explanation for what you later bring up, . In fact, the only part of it you do address is the silly semantic nonsense of “works” vs. “activates”! Instead, you use distortions and flimsy counterattacks regarding things I’ve already given responses to- in some cases in that first half of [590]. I seriously have much better things to do than repeat myself, but I have half a mind to simply repost [590] here.
Mr. Flay [591] wrote:Thanks, that's all I needed to know that I wasn't getting scammed by bigAl (seemed really unlikely, but...).
Nice rhetoric. What praytell was in my post that you “needed to know”, which suddenly opened your eyes?
Mr. Flay [cont] wrote:Now, here's what
actually
happened last night, and why I am guessing that it prevented a nightkill: My one-shot doesn't deal with a room, but with a particular person. Unlike previous nights where I chose a room to observe, last night I sent in a choice to kill kops. Presumably that's why we're in the hallway, and potentially why he never got make his kill. Maybe he was chosen to make the kill because he'd effectively "outed" himself with his last post of the day, and thus was likely to be lynched today anyway if the game continued? I don't know specifics of the scum's kill method, but that's my explanation for why we're in the "hallway" outside of the rooms proper.
Sure, why not. I mean, it’s not like a claim as ridiculous as yours could get less implausible if you also add roleblocker to your resume.
Mr. Flay [cont] wrote:EmpTyger, my tendency to "cut loose" a fellow scum is limited to situations where it's not suicidal; again I ask you, what possible purpose would there be to me killing my own partner last night when we were at 2-2?
Distortion. I wasn’t describing how you allegedly nightkilled kops-
because that’s not what happened
. Rather, I was referring to your gambit of producing a guilty result on kops to effectively confirm a mafia member. (And I suppose your voting for Tamuz might fall under this category also, if you hadn’t tried so hard to subtly get him out of the noose.)
Mr. Flay [cont] wrote:
And there wasn't. I can't quote you what it says directly, of course, but the way in which it's
activated
were totally clear. What it does, took a little longer to decipher...
:roll: So you are arguing there is a significant semantic difference between “activated” vs. “works”?
Mr. Flay [cont] wrote:
*Yesterday* I couldn’t decide which of you were guilty. At twilight- when you 2 speedlynched Masterchief and he was revealed as an innocent- I kind of got a slight sneaking suspicion that just maybe you 2 might somehow be mafia together. But, as I said above, kops’s death wasn’t caused by my thinking him guilty.
So when, exactly, did you decide it was both me and kops? When I accused you today? This still sounds like hedging your bets, and I still haven't heard a good explanation for why you wanted to lynch elvis over kops yesterday.
Did I lay the sarcasm on too thick there? I realized it at twilight yesterday.
Mr. Flay[cont] wrote:
Are you claiming to understand how the scum kills work now? Because I don't; my "equal numbers" supposition earlier was merely that; supposition. I did, indeed, initially expect many more power roles that I'd be able to confirm. That's the ONLY reason I came out on D1 with what my role did, and invited as many of my accusers as wanted to join me (not just elvis, as you continue to assert falsely) in the same room.
Distortion. I have may have my guesses about how mafia nightkills, but none are required here. The way you’ve described your alleged ability, the *only* action it could possibly get a result on is the mafia nightkill! (The only guess is regarding bigAl’s lack of ability. The rest is pure fact.) And even accepting your explanation for what you were trying D1 and N1 (not that I do), you still have no explanation for your behavior D2 and N2?
Mr. Flay [cont] wrote:Your "Day 4" scenario above is false on the face of it, because you're presuming that I had "equal suspicions" on everyone left alive (besides kops). I clearly said what my full suspicions were, and have at every point of the game, I believe. You, on the other hand, have failed to answer numerous questions at the ideal times, with your constant "well I'll have to rethink this", "well I changed my mind", "well maybe I shouldn't reveal that today" the last few days.<snip>
Are you referring to D3, when in response to elvis-who-was-acting-supersuspicious, I should have spelled out what I was trying to do with room assignments? The course of action which allegedly allowed you to actually get a result out of this alleged cop ability of yours? In any case, Mr. “I’ve clearly said what my full suspicions were at every point of the game”, when did you object to this? Speaking of which, when BabyJ thought the same about Bamboo, didn’t you lynch him for it? And then still voiced your own suspicious of Bamboo?

Or are you referring to D4, when *you* were pressing me for details of how my vig ability worked, which became so evident the following dawn that you had to make your ridiculous vig counterclaim lest I be confirmed? Details which would have provided the mafia with the *exact* course of action they would have needed to take to secure the win? Had I described the ability, mafia would have known they needed to kill bigAl to win immediately. As it was, they were forced to guess who they needed to kill. They chose the traditional solution for a 2 mafia-1 vig-1 townie endgame: kill the vig. (Probably not even a choice with much thought behind it, given how excitedly confident kops’s speedlynch vote sounded.)

No, I’m *quite* happy with how I played. I found and lynched mafia D3, exposed a fielder’s choiced mafia N3, exposed the rest of the mafia D4, got a second mafia vigged N4, and, provided bigAl is satisfied, will be lynching the last mafia D5.

So one final time: D4 I had been suspicious of both you and kops, separately. I *did* voice my suspicions that day, but realized that by focusing on you, kops was dipping under the radar. So I held back to hear from him, lest I taint his reaction. And found that he was also making me suspicious. So I did my votetest, to compare how you and kops reacted to my voting the other mafia member. And before I could post any result, Masterchief was speedlynched. Because I had not anticipated that you and kops might be mafia together. I’m not going to explain this to you again.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:36 am

Post by bigAl »

OK, thanks that explains some things (though still not too sure).
EmpTyger wrote:Today from Bamboo’s role description the doctor mechanic is explained. First of all, Bamboo obviously didn’t cancel me Night 2. Moreover, I think that if a roleblocker existed, they would behave similarly, meaning that they would have had to be in the same room. elvis claimed vanilla, so clearly couldn’t have innocently blocked me herself. So I know who I’m voting.
I read everything and my biggest concern right now is that you deduced that Elvis/MC was scum, when they turned up townie. I know that there weren't any other blockers in that room. Care to explain?
EmpTyger wrote:My ability works entirely passively, like it appears Bamboo’s did: I only choose a room.
For that matter, why didn't you kill Elvis that night (N2?) when you were alone with Elvis? Or are you saying that you only kill people if they are scum?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:27 am

Post by EmpTyger »

bigAl:
The way my role works, I *only* choose a room, and the result is passively resolved by mod, who PMs me the result at the end of the night. I *can’t* choose to kill a specific player.

The thing with elvis:
At the end of N2, I received a PM (the same as one MeMe forwarded me, which she had received after N1) stating that my vig ability had not been used; it implied that I had been alone. Yet D3 elvis claimed my room. This made me suspect that she was lying (especially with her outrageously suspicious behavior regarding Tamuz). I received a different PM N3, which informed me that I had tried to use my ability but couldn’t, and told me that my oneshot had not been used up. (This was why D3 I couldn’t be sure whether I would have been visible to Flay’s alleged ability: I had no idea how the blocked action would have shown up.) This PM implied that I had not been alone. At the end of last night I received a PM informing me that I had used my ability to kill kops.

Flay:
Just found another contradiction:
Mr. Flay [206] wrote:
And this I know is nitpicky, but once suspicions are raised, I look closely...
Mr. Flay wrote:My instinct says our kill was blocked last night.
Our
kill?

Am I missing something obvious?
I don't think so, my plan definitely didn't work out as well as I thought it would. I would ask you, however, what sort of bizarre scum scheme this would seem to have been. I'm not saying I haven't played
poorly
, I just don't think I've been playing
scummy

The "
our
kill" thing is simply referring to the fact that we have one scum group (attested by the mod), and therefore one obligatory kill at night (excluding any vigilantes, etc). Thus "our" one kill per night for the game.
Your explanation makes no sense if *you* are a vigilante! Because you wouldn’t be thinking of the game as being a fixed 1 kill/night, since *you* know that there’s a possibility for more than 1!
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:27 am

Post by bigAl »

Ok, thanks, I understand now.

Now to decide....hmm
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:42 pm

Post by bigAl »

Damn it, I don't know. Go town!

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:56 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

You’re welcome, Flay.

I feel this really wasn’t a game we should have won; yet I think this wasn’t a game we should have lost, either.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:10 pm

Post by bigAl »

Yay for totally unclear post-end-game, pre-lynch posts!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”