WoT Mafia, GAME OVER

Was this an enjoyable game?

Yes
30%
No
15%
Maybe
5%
I haven't read the damn game yet, but I need to vote in any polls that come along.
50%

Total votes: 20

Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:53 pm

Post by Illumina »

It seemed reasonable that your actions could be innocent, but the silent speaker makes a valid point. And, rather than address the point honestly, you merely attempt to downplay what was said. How is this productive? It comes across as pretty weak, and very scummy.

Based on this, I think it's much more likely you're not pro-town.

Vote: Mariyta
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:59 pm

Post by Mariyta »

I already addressed the point many times. And I said I wasn't going to address that direct point anymore unless someone gives me a good reason, and I don't see this as a good reason. :)
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:57 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mariyta wrote:I already addressed the point many times.
Um, no, you really didn't. TSS's argument against you was something new, and certanly something you have not adressed.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:02 pm

Post by Mariyta »

I addressed my vote on armlx, and Tamuz's vote seems to be based on the whole thing I already addressed many many times. What am I not addressing? I'll gladly do so.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:14 pm

Post by Illumina »

Indulge us by responding to the silent speaker's post, or restate your reasoning if you think you've addressed these points already. What it looks like you're doing is putting your hands up in the air, insisting your innocence while conveniently dodging certain points.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:16 pm

Post by Mariyta »

the silent speaker wrote:
Mariyta wrote:For those of you who may not understand, my vote on armlx was simply because Tamuz expressed a suspicion about him yesterday, and as many others have stated, he caught us scum once, I trusted his judgement.
This is the sort of thing scum say when they know they're on the ropes. They're hoping to mollify a pro-town player showing good scumdar and make him more favorably inclined toward them. But consider Tamuz's most recent judgment, which Mariyta has just announced that she trusts:
Tamuz wrote:To comment on the acts of now
And the results of Karn1's bow
And how to treat that Maryita with her Tao

I will vote Maryita
Because I believe we should beat 'e
And end this scroll with a cita.
And since Mariyta has just admitted that Tamz's scumdar is good, she has just admitted that she is scum. Classic, classic scumtell.
This post?
-Susan Ertz

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:17 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Mariyta wrote:For those of you who may not understand, my vote on armlx was simply because Tamuz expressed a suspicion about him yesterday, and as many others have stated, he caught us scum once, I trusted his judgement.
-Susan Ertz

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:18 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Mariyta wrote:
Mariyta wrote:I have no idea why he chose me. I have no connection to him whatsoever. I'm pretty upset that he would put me in such a position. I know there's really no way for me to prove I had no connection to Karn, which really stinks. It would be a stupid move on any scum's part to try to "clear" their partner when there's a good chance they'll be voted off and seen as scum though. (I know it's a pretty poor defense, but he kind of put me in a really crappy position).
This is the last time I'm going to try to explain this. It's all I have on this matter. Again,
I don't know why Karn chose me

As for armlx, going back through the posts, he was the only one who stood out to me at this point. Sorry if you don't like my vote, but oh well.
-Susan Ertz

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:19 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Am I missing a post somewhere? Please, point it out.
-Susan Ertz

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:22 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Um...TSS's argument was that that post, where you blamed your vote for armlx on Tamuz's day 1 post, was scummy. I agree that it looks scummy to say "I only voted for X because Y told me to!" It looks like an attempt to avoid personal responsibility for your own vote, which is something scum like to do if they know they're voting for a good guy.

In any case, you do realize that you still haven't even tried to respond to TSS's points, right?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:24 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Whatever. Until you guys point out what I'm clearly missing, I'm not defending myself. I'm pretty sure I answered all his points/posts/questions/comments/did his homework/made him dinner/whatever. I don't know what you guys want from me, and I can't give you more than what I have, so whatever.
-Susan Ertz

Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:03 pm

Post by Gleeman »

Bacde has requested replacement, i have contacted babyjesus.

start posting again before I get angry, you won't like me when i'm angry, vote count next post.
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:06 pm

Post by Gleeman »

7 Mariyta - (machmafia, Tamuz, Yossarian, TSS, Spamwise, Armlx, Illumina)
1 Mrbuddylee (Petrojelly)
1 Armlx (Axelrod)
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:09 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Well, this game needs to get moving but I don't think Mariyta is a good lynch.

Vote: armlx
#greenshirtthursdays
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:21 am

Post by Axelrod »

Is Pooky in this game? He is, right?

Do we think he's forgotten he's in the game?

also armlx, please come explain why you are not scum. I'll PBPA you. You know I will.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:34 am

Post by Mariyta »

Axelrod wrote:also armlx, please come explain why you are not scum. I'll PBPA you. You know I will.
If you do, I may be forced to re-submit my vote for him. :P
-Susan Ertz

Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:37 am

Post by Gleeman »

baby jesus replaces bacde, effective immeadiately
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:30 am

Post by Mariyta »

Ever stop to think you may be wrong? I've noticed a lot of scum use the "Why isn't so and so lynched yet?" complaint quite often....
-Susan Ertz

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:33 am

Post by armlx »

Axel: First answer my question.

How
am
I scum?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:02 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I'm not voting for Mariyta because I don't believe that Karn would have named a colleague as an innocent in what was obviously a risky claim. I've made this point before, so I'm not sure why you're so adamant that I'm trying to protect scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:48 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Mariyta, your vote on armlx is poorly founded, according to your statements. You're doing it because Tamuz pointed at him, and because Tamuz successfully pointed at another scum. But Tamuz has told us he got the Flay info from an unnamed source, and that he doesn't have any more such info. I think it's fair to infer his suspicion of armlx is based on his reading of armlx's scant postings.

I'm not saying you're wrong to vote armlx, but the way you did it made you look fishy--like you were shirking responsibility for your vote and relying too heavily on Tamuz. And you haven't amended your statements in light of current facts.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Bascas
Bascas
Townie
Bascas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:51 am

Post by Bascas »

vote: Mariyta
1-0
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:00 am

Post by Mariyta »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Mariyta, your vote on armlx is poorly founded, according to your statements. You're doing it because Tamuz pointed at him, and because Tamuz successfully pointed at another scum. But Tamuz has told us he got the Flay info from an unnamed source, and that he doesn't have any more such info. I think it's fair to infer his suspicion of armlx is based on his reading of armlx's scant postings.

I'm not saying you're wrong to vote armlx, but the way you did it made you look fishy--like you were shirking responsibility for your vote and relying too heavily on Tamuz. And you haven't amended your statements in light of current facts.
I know it wasn't a great reason, but after looking stuff over, it was the only reason I could find to vote someone. /shrug I did unvote, and haven't revoted, so....

People jumped on me based on that vote. I said when I voted that it was the best I could come up w/ at the time. I'm wary of the people pushing the bandwagon (not necessarily those wagonning though).

Vote: TSS
because I can.
-Susan Ertz

Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:29 am

Post by Axelrod »

You asked:
armlx wrote: /me lurks until we can play mafia and not role specualte.... I have no clue about anything from the series....
Cute opening. Discourages role speculation (not who has what role, but what kind of role might have done what kill based on the morning scene, which is not bad speculation, in my opinion.)
armlx wrote:Thats what I'm talking about

Vote Mr. Flay
The post I've mentioned before. Sounds like a scummy me. Too happy?
armlx wrote:Karn is clearly scum because he said he would "probably" vote someone with a guilty investigation on them. I picked up on that one too.
Others (TSS?) have said Karn was giving off tells, and someone (?) asked what Karn did. Armlx fills in a blank here. This is not scummy.
armlx wrote:Since its not a real cop investigation, I guess I'll go for the other scum....

Unvote, Vote KArn1
Quickly jumps off Flay-wagon. Quicker than I probably would have given the somewhat ambiguous nature of Tamuz hint. Jumps the next biggest wagon.
armlx wrote:Vote stands, I think thats too much of a flying pumpkin role to be real (unless it has existed before, in which case I will unvote).
Disbelieves Karn's role-claim, but with the caveat that if it's an actual role he'd unvote. Now I can't say if armlx
really
had never seen that role before or not. Only that I, like others, have seen it before.
armlx wrote:Unvote

Ok, the role isn't something that was pulled out of Karn's ass, so it could be real.

While were on it, anyone know any good questions we can have Karn1 ask the mod?
Now at this point I have posted my post where I said voting to lynch a claimed Cop was just stupid. Armlx seems to be following my lead here. Seems over-eager to use Karn's superpowers now.
armlx wrote:Vote Karn

Lack of background knowledge kicks me in the nuts again. No clue his "role name" was a nut high healer......

Still, HAMMAH!!!!!
Again, following me here, I recognized that Nynaeve was more likely to be a Healer (and also that Yam was practically screaming it was his role). Again, seems too eager/happy with the whole "Hammah" thing.
armlx wrote:Flay prolly was scum. Karn's name wasn't in red either.
Flay
probably
was scum?
armlx wrote:I trust MBL here as his general play behavior is like this.

Maritya seems out of place tho

Vote Maritya
And finally, his great logic in voting for the wagon of Mariyta. Seems "out of place." What does that even mean?

All your posts are short. 1 or 2 sentences. Following others votes. Quick to jump on scum, but just as quick to jump off again when given any reason. Seemed too happy about his first vote for Flay and the hammering of Karn. Playing up your ignorance about the set-up. General bandwaggoning.

That's about it.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:49 pm

Post by themanhimself »

I like TSS's point. Why would mariyta have said she trusted for someone, only then to turn around and vote them. Plus there is the kwhole deal with karn's claim, which I need not even go into.
In light of all this;
vote:mariyta
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”