EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2006 2:49 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Reread and reevaluated, and I’m not going to fully claim today. I believe that elvis is a second mafia, and by her reaction she is dissatisfied with what my plan will do, and that’s good enough for me for today. As everyone else is in consensus:
Vote: Tamuz
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2006 2:11 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm fine with either Tamuz or elvis at this point, but the inertia is clearly leaning toward
Retired as of October 2014.
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2006 2:12 am

Post by Orbiting »

Vote Count:

Tamuz: 3 (BigAl, EmpTyger, Mr. Flay)

Not voting: Bamboomancer, elvis_knits, kops, Tamuz

We're still at four to lynch.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2006 3:19 am

Post by elvis_knits »

EmpTyger wrote:Reread and reevaluated, and I’m not going to fully claim today. I believe that elvis is a second mafia, and by her reaction she is dissatisfied with what my plan will do, and that’s good enough for me for today. As everyone else is in consensus:
Fine. It is noted that everyone agreed to a mass claim and you did not claim. I think it is a fallacy to assume anyone wanting you to claim is OBV MAFIA! I don't like you wiggling out of the mass claim. I don't think there's anything to be lost from you claiming at this point because mafia can pretty much guess you have some sort of power. It's probably good to hear what you have to say in case you die tonight.

And why does my reaction to your plan tell you that I must be mafia?

I'm fine with a Tamuz lynch but I feel like I'm being pressured into it before I am done discussing and I think that's BS. So anyone else is free to drop the hammer but I'm a little PO'ed at the moment so I'm not willing to do it yet.

BTW I may or may not stay in the room that empTyger has assigned me.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2006 3:59 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

No one is pressuring you to hammer; if there's still discussion to be had, let's have it.

Your non-hammer on Tamuz is in fact noted, in case he comes up town it would be a strong point in your favor.
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2006 5:32 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

I'm perfectly willing to be the hammer but it would seem that there is still discussion left to have today.

*On a note, I'm sorry I haven't been attentive the last few days, been trying to check in. I graduated yesterday and am with family today*
Show
SIG TIME.

Okay, it's not BABOOM. It's not BAMBOOM.
It's Bamboomancer: like necromancer, but with bamboo instead of necro.

So to recap:
I am not a Baboom. I am some sort of bamboo magic man.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2006 11:37 am

Post by Tamuz »

Discussing what?

Honestly, I sent in conservatory and got screwed over by the mod. Am I too to die like BJ just because I (essentially) had no room choice of the night?

There seems to be no actually case against me. You are just following blindly after EmpTyger because he is talking big and talking alot. You're swimming around after a lure that is much like a hologram.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2006 12:34 pm

Post by kops »

I agree w/ bamboo, I'm fine with dropping the hammer but there might still be something we should talk about.
@Tamuz: you might have already answered this question, but did you get a return pm? I mean, you must know or be able to find out where you
really
stayed last night, why haven't you done so??? I think it's that fact that
really
makes you look like scum, and I see no scenario in which you aren't lieing.
Again: I'm fine w/ anyone dropping a hammer, but only once we're sure there is nothing left to discuss.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2006 12:42 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Like BJ, I can't be told.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2006 12:50 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

TAMUZ=LIAR

BJ
was
told where he stayed the night he didn't send in a choice.
BabyJesus wrote:hear from the mod, it seems I ended up in the library...

I think there is benefit to everyone outing where they were.
OK well that clunches it for me. Tamuz is scum.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2006 2:27 pm

Post by bigAl »

Well, BJ did have to specifically ask Orbiting where he stayed, so he
could
be telling the truth. However the much much more likely reason is that he is lying scum. Happy with my vote.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2006 9:46 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

elvis:
You want discussion?
Unvote: Tamuz
. I’ll give you discussion. You keep insisting there we should, but the only thing you seem to want are details from and about me. And I’m not going to claim or elaborate when the only person who wants me to is by far the most suspicious. So, since you’re so desperate to talk, let’s talk about a topic of *my* choosing: how suspiciously you’ve acted today.

<discussion>
The town is in lynch-or-lose. elvis posts a gratuitously overdefensive denial of being in the Billiard Room in her first post, [434].

kops suspects elvis and Tamuz in [437] and brings up the possibility of lynch-or-lose. elvis responds to this in [438] with an “I feel like voting.” I don’t know what this means. Perhaps she misposted, and thus needed to cover with a jk in [439]. But it feels like she’s trying to get a vote out for a town loss. After Flay denies night results in [440], elvis tries again to toe the line of voting [441]. Perhaps trying to signal her partners for a quicklynch? And her [442] is again defensive.

elvis admits to diverging from her normal practice for claims in [453], wanting a random order instead of players-choose-next, for no actual reason. elvis throws a gratuitous dig at kops before his claim in [459]. And then Tamuz implodes with [467].

And then elvis posts [468], in which she reads something subtle in N225- a game she’s not even in- about Flay. Yet somehow this attention to detail, she utterly misses Tamuz’s glaring mistake in the post above her own.

I make my suggestion in [475]. Flay accuses elvis and bigAl of having planned the N225 thing in [482]. elvis immediately disassociates herself from it in [483], claiming it was just a joke. She does her best to smooth things over in her [483-5], trying to cut her losses. Despite tripleposting, she has nothing to say about my plan.

elvis uses Flay’s question in [487] to try to back out of my nightplan, or at least stall. She also signals a way out: have the lynch occur before consensus is reached. Perhaps she’s hoping Bamboo will object to the town’s consensus, like he did Day 1… but Bamboo goes along with the plan [491]. So it’s up to elvis herself to derail it.

First she fishes for how Bamboo’s role works, in [492]. Meanwhile, Tamuz hints that he might vote himself in [495], providing exactly the escape elvis would need. elvis fishes some more for details in [498], providing the defense of “being really tired”. When I refuse to bite, she attacks me in [503] for not following through on the massclaim- yet she herself had earlier said the exact opposite in [462], after Flay’s and kops’s claims! And she tries yet another attempt at fishing, this time imploring that what I have to say not be lost overnight. She claims to not want to lynch Tamuz because she is not done with discussion, but she is the only one dissatisfied. And once again- with Tamuz now able to suicide- she threatens to break her room assignment.

In [509], she finally decides that Tamuz must indeed be mafia. But evidentially she still wants to discuss something. Which brings us to the present.
</discussion>

For someone who wants discussion so badly, you’ve hardly made a real effort to. What you have done is stalled, used ad hominem, fished for information, and raised unspecified objections to something that *every* other player (except the obviously guilty Tamuz) agreed to. You want to propose an alternative? Go ahead. You feel you have a legitimate objection? Let’s hear it. You want discussion? Give us something to talk about. I’m not going to do something I feel will be suboptimal for the town just because you- and *only* you- want me to. Rather, considering how suspiciously you’ve behaved, the fact that you are against what I say only provides encouragement that I am acting properly.

I have similar observations from the first 2 days, but I don’t feel like reediting them up just now. But if this wasn’t enough discussion for you, I will.

Does anyone have anything else to say?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2006 5:28 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

My only concern is why Bamboomancer (our claimed doc) is still alive. But I'm wondering if that's just WIFOM (I've done it before as scum - he's still alive, ergo he must be scum). They're in a pretty good position, since we've yet to nail any of them yet, that it worries me. But I still think Tamuz has been caught out. If it was possible to switch the bandwagon to elvis, I would, but I suspect we're past that.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2006 11:01 am

Post by Tamuz »

Oh its possible, but would it be better? :roll:
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2006 11:02 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Flay:
Yes or no only: do you feel you have a reason to want to lynch elvis over Tamuz today? (Don’t spell it out either way.) I suppose a better question would be what Bamboo and kops feel, since one of them will be required for a majority, for one reason…
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2006 11:43 am

Post by kops »

personally, I think both are scum right now.
Tamuz is probably slightly more likely than E_K, since he does seem to have been blatantly lieing about his room choice. I highly, highly doubt that there is no way for him to find out, and I also doubt that he even did send in the conservatory (although that, at least, is slightly less certain). I'd be up for either lynch, but I think Tamuz is definately the higher percentage play today
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2006 3:43 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

EmpTyger wrote:Flay:
Yes or no only: do you feel you have a reason to want to lynch elvis over Tamuz today?
No; they're equal candidates for me.

For the record, I'll be almost completely absent from the site until Saturday afternoon - our big conference I've been going crazy preparing for starts this afternoon.
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2006 11:14 am

Post by Orbiting »

*crickets*
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2006 12:04 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Sorry, mod. I was under the impression that someone wanted discussion. Clearly this was a mistake.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2006 4:00 pm

Post by kops »

OK, can I lynch?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2006 5:20 pm

Post by Tamuz »

"Only Bamboo may lynch me"
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri May 26, 2006 6:17 am

Post by bigAl »

Let's go to sleep!
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri May 26, 2006 10:16 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

Yessir!

HAMMAH'D
Show
SIG TIME.

Okay, it's not BABOOM. It's not BAMBOOM.
It's Bamboomancer: like necromancer, but with bamboo instead of necro.

So to recap:
I am not a Baboom. I am some sort of bamboo magic man.
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri May 26, 2006 11:42 am

Post by Orbiting »

Final Vote Count:

Tamuz: 4 (Bamboomancer, BigAl, EmpTyger, Mr. Flay)

Not voting: elvis_knits, kops.

"Can't we just lynch somebody and go to sleep?" yawned BigAl. "We've been gunning for Tamuz all day!"

There are grumbles of assent. Finally, after long deliberation, Bamboomancer steps up. Someone hands him a Wrench, saying, "We've been waiting on you!"

He advances on Tamuz, who raises a hand to the neckline of her white robe. "You don't understand," she says, "my husbands, they all died of natural causes! I had nothing to do with any of this."

The lady doth protest too much, you think.

Tamuz, Mrs. White, a very scummy multiple widow, is dead.

Night moves please! A bit of extra time for the US holiday is in order. Please have all moves in by Wednesday, 5/31, noon eastern. Please check the room list in the first post for valid moves.
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2006 9:47 am

Post by Orbiting »

As night fell, all the remaining guests headed off to the rooms of their choice, whispering to themselves things like, "Follow the plan? Don't follow the plan? If I follow the plan, the scum will know where I am, so I clearly cannot follow the plan. If I don't follow the plan, the scum will know that nobody in their right minds would follow the plan, so they will know that nobody will be in the rooms they claimed, and will look somewhere else. Therefore, I clearly cannot not follow the plan. So it comes down to this: are the scum the sort of people who would look for me where I said I would be? How would I know?!? I don't even know who they are!" Or maybe they weren't whispering that. Maybe it was just the wind.

"Anyway. Regardless of all of that", said Bamboomancer to hirself as sie wandered into the Library, "I will be safe anywhere. Surely no one would have the audacity to commit a crime in front of Mrs. Peacock! Who would dare? The society papers would be full of their shame."

As far as it went, Mrs. Peacock was correct. No one would dare commit a crime in front of her. However, she hadn't considered what might go on behind her back. And indeed, just as she was saying those things and congratulating herself, a tiny, toylike revolver was being leveled at her back. The impact was anything but tiny. Bamboomancer/Mrs. Peacock had no time for further platitudes; she pitched forward into a heap on the floor and was silent.

Bamboomancer, Mrs. Peacock, a doctor, is dead. With five alive, it is three to lynch.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”