EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 10:45 am

Post by EmpTyger »

kops:
kops [474] wrote:Emp.... I'm really not sure at all what youre getting at... can you please explain??
Do you have some kind of information that implies Tamuz is scum.. if so, then why are you beating around the bush? That seems a really odd thing to do on day 3, especially in conjunction w/ a vote (even if there is an unvote right after) while we're in a possible speed lynch and/or lylo situation...<snip>
Tamuz could not have chosen the Conservatory- because the Conservatory was not a choice last night!
Orbiting [432] wrote:Also, for your night-moving pleasure, the following rooms are available:
The Library
The Study
The Hall
The Kitchen
The Billiard Room
The Dining Room
The Lounge

Happy Hiding!
I unvoted because I realized that before day ended, there was value in planning what would happen tonight. For which I propose the following:

All:
Today we lynch Tamuz.

Tonight
{Bamboo, Flay, kops, Tyger} stay in one room. (I’m arbitrarily picking the Library)
{bigAl, elvis} stay in a second room. (I’m arbitrarily picking the Hall)
I am thinking secret passages are immaterial, but we may as well play this safe and choose rooms from among {Library, Hall, Dining Room}. Nightabilities should be used prudently. However, vigilantes should not act, as entering night with 4 innocents:2 mafia, a misfire most likely loses the game. Also, I recommend that roleblockers not act either (to prevent confusion if we have a mafia roleblocker, in the case explained below), but given the events of Night 1 it may be okay; use your discretion.

Tomorrow either the correct course of action will be deducibly obvious, or I will claim first. At this point we can do things like have elvis clear up [468], and I will get around to posting my observations. Assuming that we don’t have another obvious lynch to handle, in which case we can reevaluate what the proper course of action is.

Does anyone have any objections to this? I will admit I am not completely sure how it will play out in every case, but I am fairly certain it will work out beneficially. The biggest potential confusion I can see involved a mafia roleblocker, in which case I don’t see how balancewise there could be more than a 2 person mafia, so the town will have enough time to act, provided this fact is recognized, which is why I am recommending protown roleblockers not act.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 10:48 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I can agree with everything EmpTyger wrote. If Tamuz tries to claim mod error (letting him pick a room that wasn't available), maybe she'll be kind enough to confirm for him. Or not... :roll:
Retired as of October 2014.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 12:56 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I sent in conservatory. I was hoping to WIFOM out of death's way.

Perhaps that meant I got a random room, but I recieved nothing back.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 3:39 pm

Post by bigAl »

And you failed to mention that you picked an unpickable room when you were claiming too?

Tyger's plan seems pretty good.
Vote: Tamuz

Regarding elvis' post 468, she was pointing another case where people who vote the mod or other non-playing people are often scum, as Flay did to start off the game.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 3:49 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Yes, I failed, I got nothing back when I sent conservatory, so I didn't think twice about it until Emp mentioned it.

Elvis, we are way too far into the game to metagame here.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 5:58 pm

Post by kops »

OK... totally missed that, good call emp
Waiting for mod, but as soon as she posts, baring something contraversial, I, too will vote, for now just an
fos tamuz
Dont want to speed lynch yet.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 2:04 am

Post by Tamuz »

speedlynch :roll:

Mafia are already voting me, I can't be speedlynched except by stupid townies now.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 3:29 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

bigAl wrote:And you failed to mention that you picked an unpickable room when you were claiming too?

Regarding elvis' post 468, she was pointing another case where people who vote the mod or other non-playing people are often scum, as Flay did to start off the game.
FOS: bigAl
for "getting" elvis' insinuation (spurious as it was). This strikes me as the sort of thing that could have been discussed last night, but it's not enough for me to vote either right now.

Waiting to hear from Orbiting before voting, but the Tamuz thing is just off...
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 3:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mr. Flay wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:OMG FLAY...

Newbie 225... MeMe is Mod... this guy is dead scum:
Infested-Jerk wrote:
Vote: Meme for not giving us a deadline

I unvoted because maybe there's someone who acts more like a scummie.
What on earth are you talking about? Seriously; you're claiming I'm scum here because of Newbie 225?
I was justing posting this for laughs. Maybe I should have made that more clear...
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 3:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mr. Flay wrote:
bigAl wrote:And you failed to mention that you picked an unpickable room when you were claiming too?

FOS: bigAl
for "getting" elvis' insinuation (spurious as it was). This strikes me as the sort of thing that could have been discussed last night, but it's not enough for me to vote either right now.

Waiting to hear from Orbiting before voting, but the Tamuz thing is just off...
Flay... sorry I even posted that fact about the newbie game... I meant it in good fun. And the fact that bigAl "gets" the joke only means he actually was paying attention at the beginning of the game. If you think that we "discussed" this last night, take a look at my current newbie (234) to see that 225 was just brought to my attention minutes before I made that post in this game.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 3:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Oh and Tamuz should probably die.

AKA... I am on board for his lynch.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 4:47 am

Post by EmpTyger »

So we all are in agreement, except for Bamboo, who still has to check in.
. *1* other person should vote Tamuz. Then Bamboo will cast the lynching vote, assuming he has nothing else to add.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 5:52 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

EmpTyger wrote:Tonight
{Bamboo, Flay, kops, Tyger} stay in one room. (I’m arbitrarily picking the Library)
{bigAl, elvis} stay in a second room. (I’m arbitrarily picking the Hall)
I am thinking secret passages are immaterial, but we may as well play this safe and choose rooms from among {Library, Hall, Dining Room}.
So if we still believe bamboo is the doc, this'll protect the bulk of the "more trusted" players, is that where you're going with this, ET?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 8:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'd like some more time to discuss room choices. I'm not sure I want to play along with the EmpTyger plan. I mean, everyone else is free to play along if that's what they want to do, but I'm not sure I want to just lay my ass out there for the mafia to pick me off.

I don't have time right this moment to post an alternate suggestion or really get into Emp's plan. I'm just asking for some more time to think about it.

Although if the lynch goes through before we can discuss, I'd like it to show that I may not adhere to Emp's planned room choices.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 10:39 am

Post by Orbiting »

Flay: As the mod, I can hardly discuss people's night choices. I don't know what you're expecting me to confirm.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 10:50 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Right, then. Besides elvis, anyone else have a problem with EmpTyger's plan? By putting me and the doc in the same room, it maximizes the chances we'll both be sorted out tomorrow, I think.
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 1:00 pm

Post by Bamboomancer »

oh... damn. Sorry, I thought I'd posted... and voted =/

(Finals week does not a happy bamboo man make)

Yeah, I'm cool with this, and since I'm apparently still reviled, I don't care if I'm the hammah. When someone else votes, I'll hammah.
Show
SIG TIME.

Okay, it's not BABOOM. It's not BAMBOOM.
It's Bamboomancer: like necromancer, but with bamboo instead of necro.

So to recap:
I am not a Baboom. I am some sort of bamboo magic man.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 2:02 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Mr. Flay wrote:Right, then. Besides elvis, anyone else have a problem with EmpTyger's plan? By putting me and the doc in the same room, it maximizes the chances we'll both be sorted out tomorrow, I think.
Why don't we all stay in the same room then? If bamboo can protect us all, why not do it?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 4:29 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sure. Unless the doc has efficacy problems with more people in the room. Or is lying and we're all about to die anyway. Or you've got some global kill power hidden in your knitting needless,
Miss
Pink

I don't care, really, where you go. I think EmpTyger was putting the scummiest-seeming people outside the room, so that if anyone dies, it'll likely be from that group and help us narrow things down. Of course if you come out with a night action I can see this time, it'll be a little funny after N1....
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 8:04 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

It seems now that all but elvis are agreed; please allow elvis to be one of the ones casting one of the remaining votes on Tamuz to ensure that we do not go to night before we have consensus.

elvis:
The primary rationale behind my assigning rooms as I did was to maximize the amount of information available tomorrow. Even if protection was able to be granted to an entire room- an assumption I do not feel can be confidentally made- we would not necessarily be in an optimal position for tomorrow. The assignments have nothing to do with my considering you and bigAl more or less suspicious than Bamboo, Flay, and kops.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2006 6:14 am

Post by Tamuz »

Yep, we're all in concensus here EmptyScum. Hows about you unvote and let me cast a vote on myself once I'm convinced I'm scum.
*checks his role PM*
Nope, nothing saying I'm scum there, just vanilla townieness.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2006 12:01 pm

Post by bigAl »

Would there be any advantage of having a couple people (Elvis and I?) not say where we are going? Propably wouldn't make much of a difference, unless scum have to pick which room that want to attack instead of the person (which is still a possibility). I'd be fine with the current plan too though.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2006 1:40 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Unvote: Tamuz
to ensure that he is not prematurely lynched.

elvis:
elvis_knits [488] wrote:<snip>I'm not sure I want to just lay my ass out there for the mafia to pick me off.

I don't have time right this moment to post an alternate suggestion or really get into Emp's plan. I'm just asking for some more time to think about it.<snip>
Let me know when you have considered it further. Hopefully my response to bigAl below will ease the concern you’ve already stated.

bigAl:
bigAl [496] wrote:Would there be any advantage of having a couple people (Elvis and I?) not say where we are going? Propably wouldn't make much of a difference, unless scum have to pick which room that want to attack instead of the person (which is still a possibility). <snip>
What you are proposing would be disadvantageous because it will make it harder to figure things out tomorrow. I deliberately chose each of the assignments as I did. I am trying to avoid saying the logic behind my reasons explicitly lest I spell out how the mafia might be able to circumvent what I am trying to do. Tomorrow I promise that everything will be explained in full.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2006 3:10 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

EmpTyger wrote:elvis:
The primary rationale behind my assigning rooms as I did was to maximize the amount of information available tomorrow. Even if protection was able to be granted to an entire room- an assumption I do not feel can be confidentally made- we would not necessarily be in an optimal position for tomorrow. The assignments have nothing to do with my considering you and bigAl more or less suspicious than Bamboo, Flay, and kops.
So, you just want everyone in the same room except me and bigAl so that they can be confirmed? (By Flay, I guess. Or maybe in some other manner.)

So what is the reason for having bigAl and me seperate? If it isn't because you consider us more suspicious, what is the reason? And why have us in the same room?

It's possible I just don't understand because I'm really tired.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2006 5:22 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

elvis:
Now you’re just fishing. As I *just* said:
EmpTyger [497] wrote:<snip>I am trying to avoid saying the logic behind my reasons explicitly lest I spell out how the mafia might be able to circumvent what I am trying to do. Tomorrow I promise that everything will be explained in full.
At this point I think I have to explain myself today, which might give mafia a chance to find a way around things tonight. But I since I think you just gave yourself away, fair trade.

argh I Need to run out right now and want to type my next up carefully, so please be patient. Will post tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”