Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Yes, well, My vote on you is for pressure, and I dont' really care whether my vote is on you or camn.
Enomis, though, should want to be very clear about voting his only fos, correct? Wouldn't want anypony to be confused about where you stand, like, "if you're trying to get ScreamingHawk lynched, then why aren't you voting for him?"
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Viscera Link
Viscera Link
Goon
Viscera Link
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by Viscera Link »

In post 450, Whiskers wrote:Yes, well, My vote on you is for pressure, and I dont' really care whether my vote is on you or camn.
Enomis, though, should want to be very clear about voting his only fos, correct? Wouldn't want anypony to be confused about where you stand, like, "if you're trying to get ScreamingHawk lynched, then why aren't you voting for him?"

Fair warning to you: pressure votes are useless against me. I'm not afraid, because I always know that I can dispel any case against me with simple logic and any wagon on me without a case isn't a real threat, because I'll just keep making it obvious that I'm town.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by monk »

In post 448, Whiskers wrote:Yes, and then you voted monk. It won't
hurt
anything to correct this, will it? Just a formality. Right?

I'm votable? News to me
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by Whiskers »

@Link: Yeah, I know. Still, theothers think they have a case on you or something, I'm just along for the ride-- or not, depending on if I'm still voting camn.

@monk: This is a bastard mod game, right?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Whiskers wrote:@monk: This is a bastard mod game, right?
Viscera Link
Viscera Link
Goon
Viscera Link
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by Viscera Link »

Warning
!!![/b] Long post under spoilers.

My reponses:
Spoiler:
In post 353, ScreamingHawk wrote:@VL: Enomis case on me is bad and should feel bad. I really don't see how what he quoted is anything worth evaluating. Please ISO me.

As it turns out, I did and you read scum to me. I'll admit that the majority of what enomis has been saying about you hasn't been very persuasive, but what he hasn't been pointing out is worth looking at.
In post 394, Hiraki wrote:
VisceraLink wrote:Why is this Hiraki? Why do we 'actually need to die'?
Taking something from RVS seriously. First strike. Paranoia shown.

I didn't make the comment, but I endorse it. It's less "paranoia" and more "what the fuck is your deal?" When I see someone use the word "actually", I usually think they actually mean it. I'm funny like that.
VisceraLink wrote:His wagon does NOT get our support. So let it be written.

...but so help me if he tries this shit at L-2.
Let it be written that we can take both stances and not be spotted by anyone.

Except for Hiraki's eyes.

Cool story, bro. It's totally like not supporting a wagon on some guy dicking around when the vote count is low is the same thing as when the vote count is high. It was still RVS, so it was understandable for him to just play it nonchalant when there was no pressure, but if he just sat there and dicked around, then it clearly becomes an entirely different story.
VisceraLink wrote:So it's a set of rules that you laid down for yourself that you can't break because you set them for yourselves, but you've already broken them, but t was an exception because the circumstances were weird but they aren't this time even though they are?
This honestly has no point.

Actually, it did. It just never went anywhere because a reset never became an issue. As a self-imposed rule, where I was going was that there is no reason he couldn't take part in a reset. Aside from that, is that rally part of your case against us? Your reaching.
VisceraLink wrote:We are one, Viscera Link. Respond to this slot as you would respond to one person. It will make things easier on everyone.
I'm pretty sure you guys aren't using a QT, and therefore you are flailing easily. That basically sums up this post.

As a matter of fact, that's not the case. We've been in contact since before the game started, we were just taking an approach where we mostly acted independently. For the sake of everyone's reads, we are going to start taking a slightly more commiserative approach.
VisceraLink wrote:Whiskers is scumhunting. Probably town.
Prob.

Even though they basically said Norman was prob. town, and now there's an additional townieness?

This is uneasiness to state something direct.

I'm not sure what game you are playing. You should no very well that there aren't absolutes. He couldn't very well say "Whiskers is town", because he simply doesn't know that.
In post 394, Hiraki wrote:This is newb-scum.

I spot them easy.

Good for you. Thing is, neither of us play scum like shit. VE has some slightly scummy play and I don't always agree with him, but that is just his way.
In post 399, Hiraki wrote:
In post 398, Whiskers wrote:That's with Eyes, right, not with Hikari?
I honestly have no clue which one is which at this point.

But prob. Eyes.

However, Eyes is the one that's going to bleed out Link's information.

It was almost all VE, as I've been behind, but I'm fairly certain that is obvious by now. I'm going to be taking a far more active role from this point on though.
In post 401, Whiskers wrote:This is why you sign your posts, hydra, when you don't hide which players you are. Viscera Eyes
always
looks like noobscum. Link has left a good impression on me, so.
But whatever. In my experience, VE is a pretty good random lynch, but HL is a pretty good townie. As much as I dislike sacrificing one for the other, this is a newbie game.

You are best off not making the sacrifice. I'm a pretty good player. And Ve isn't a bad player either. He's no me or anything, but he's qite good in his own right.

The long-awaited reads:

Spoiler:
Elmo
: This is the first we see of anything resembling content from this slot. And it wasn’t very much. Basically all I took away is that we should wait for a replacement, which was actually something I agreed with.

This is a bad post, but not dissimilar from the type o thinking I expect from new players. Null.

Parama
: I don’t like the jokingly claiming scum thing at the beginning of the game thing, but it’s not a thing I’m really concerned about and I consider it null.

He started the Norman wagon, calling it a scum claim, which might be a bit of an extreme reaction, but it was still the best reason to vote for someone at the time.

Constantly trying to stop a quickhammer on Whiskers even while having a scum read there was extremely town in my eyes. Letting a hammer happen would have been so easy there. Town lean.

ScreamingHawk
: The case on Parama regarding coaching was poor from the start. I don’t see what he said as coaching in any way. What is it that scum were allegedly supposed to learn from that post?

Trying to repeatedly get Whiskers to claim, even after it became fairly clear that a lynch was not imminent is another strike against him.

I have no intention of disproving your case on enomis. I’ve made my own observations regarding him in this post, so I’ll just leave it there by saying I don’t agree.

What was that about bussing? And I noticed it wasn’t. Where is it, exactly? Whiskers, isn’t it? So does that make Whiskers your biggest scum read? Cause I only recall you making a case against enomis and to a lesser extent Parama recently.

His overall play strikes me as suspicious. Scum lean.

Gen_Wolf
: Don’t like this post. The first statement that we will probably end up hammering this slot and that we shouldn’t “waste time” on page 5 is bad. Saying “we might get lucky and hit scum” is too. It suggests to me that he did not actually believe that Norman was scum and just that it would be hard to redeem himself and it appeared to me he was just looking for a quick lynch while it was still plausible.

His read on Spartan seems suspect to me. He openly states that he believes that Spartan’s case was bad, this being his first game, and immediately jumps to scum being out of his depth. That seems like a bit of a leap there. I don’t really see where his town read on Elmo comes from either. enomis goes on to call him on this, so more town points for him. I don’t find his ultimate answer particularly satisfactory. It’s not clear to me where the read comes from.

Being unsure early on is a scumtell, apparently… And the rest of the post didn’t read like he thought Spartan was scum, just like he could get away with voting Spartan. Scum.

don_johnson
: See Parama regarding scum jokes. Not much else to comment on. Null.

Draken
: Seems like a good town post to me. Trying to pull someone you think is town back into the game is very pro-town. Not much else from him, butthat sort of stuck with me. Null-town.

el simo
: No content. Null.

Hiraki
: I don’t like Hiraki’s playstyle. I think it’s dangerous for the town, because it lends itself to null reads and is not particularly helpful. However, the fact that he was opposing the Norman/Whiskers wagon when it was so easy for someone with his stye to push speaks volumes to me and leads to me thinking he’s town. On the other hand, he's also been coming at us withsome bullshit cases. I'll admit that some of the stuff VE has said I don't agree with, but a fair amount of what Hiraki is saying is bad, as I pointed out earlier. Null-town.

Norman/Whiskers
: I’m not even going to bother trying to decipher whether or not Norman was scum or just a troll. The fact that he never unvote himself and claimed scum, says to me that he just didn’t give a fuck about the game, regardless of alignment.

Whiskers is an interesting ne. I’ve been doing this by pulling posts that I think are either good or bad as I go along and commenting on this. Nothing Whiskers hads posted has fallen in either category for me, yet I come away with a town feeling. Null-town.

enomis
: First he asks Parama to buddy up, which is in itself unnecessary and mildly suspicious, then asks town to sheep the wagon, which is a move I don’t approve of. Asking for sheeps reduces accountability for one’s own actions, because they can always pin the blame squarely on the people leading the wagon. It’s not inherently scummy, but it’s at the very best, bad play, and at worst, an excuse for scum to jump on a mislynch without offering reasoning.

Suggesting that explaining oneself is a scumtell is fairly ridiculous. However, unvoting when the wagon was drawing near a lynch has redeeming qualities, I feel. I don’t see any particular scum motivation there. With Norman as town, he could have said nothing and let a mislynch go through and just claimed that his conviction was strong or something. If Norman were scum, he could have let the lynch go through, since he was going to die in all likelihood at that point anyway, and gotten huge towncred for being one of the people to start the wagon. Instead, he showed a very logical cautiousness. A claim at that point would have been necessary before the lynch and it was far too early for Day 1 to end. With so little having happened, it would have put us at a disadvantage going into Day 2.

I’ll be the last to say I “believe” in his read, but I do find the post good, at least most of it. Explaining oneself still isn’t a problem, but I will agree that I don’t like SH saying “claim or die” like that. A claim at the time was not necessary.

I have a problem with him putting words in Parama’s mouth, but I don’t find it particularly scummy, it’s just not something he should have done.

Reads here as town. Incorrect town, as it’s not scummy, but town nonetheless. Town.

camn
: To answer her question as to why Norman was replaced. I believe it was because he was playing against his win condition. I don’t feel there is a legitimate way to judge his alignment as either scum or town based on the replacement. Either way, he self-voted right off the bat, did nothing to stop it, then ultimately claimed scum. That hurts his team, regardless of which it is. Had he been lyncheeed as town on page 3, we would have most likely lost someone to the night kill, gotten virtually no info from the Day, and started Day 2 with -2 town. As scum, he would have put his team one step closer to losing extremely early on, which is a bad position, considering the size of the scum team is 3-4. Apparently there was that ban, the mod said he was being replaced for breaking rules rather than for being banned and it’s highly possible the mod never even noticed he was banned.

Her activity has been low due to V/LA, but what she’s done so far seems fine to me. Town lean.

Spartan_N30
: The main problem I have with this is that it ignores one crucial fact: it is only beneficial for scum to self-hammer. Trying to get scum to self-hammer is a fairly legitimate tactic, because even though we lose the time to discuss, we get one less scum and we no longer have to wonder “is X scum?”, so it’s a worthwhile effort. Other than that, he also said Whiskers could attempt input if desired, so I see no inconsistency.

They are, in fact, one and the same. And considering that his original post was basically a statement that Whiskers replaced into a doomed slot, then it is a lie to say that Norman is not who he is talking about.

This post is dumb. Ending a Day that early just to see if someone is scum based on a troll is never a good idea.

This perfectly sums up my thoughts on those posts. This may be the most incomprehensible game I’ve ever stumbled into. This does nothing to help me understand what he was talking about or where the vote came from.

Made up percentages are made up. His Draken scum read is based on nothing, quite literally. A lack of content constitutes a greater than 50% chance of being scum in the first 48 hours of the game? He also erroneously stated we only had 3 posts and no votes. Funnily, he hasGen_Wolf as tow n because he makes sense and has sound reasoning, which includes a scum read on himself. His read on Parama is the pot calling the kettle black if I’ve ever seen it. His read on enomis seems pretty strong too. It looked a lot like Spartan was OMGUSing enomis to me, so the accusation didn’t look particularly unjustified.

Unsurprisingly, another vote change. And he can safely assume Elmo is cum? As opposed to one of the 4 people he feels has a greater than 50% chance of being scum? Fuck that shit.

He’s really giving me a lot of trouble. His play is newbie as hell, but it’s so inconsistent that it’s very hard for me to not think he’s scum. Null-scum.

Town

Enomis
camn
Parama
Whiskers
Draken
Hiraki
don_johnsom
el simo
Spartan_N30
ScreamingHawk
Gen_Wolf
Scum

VOTE: Gen_Wolf

-Link
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Link skipped half of my case.

So I'm going to skip half of his responses(all of them).

Equivalent Exchange me amici.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Post by Whiskers »

"Lol, idfc"
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 457, Whiskers wrote:"Lol, idfc"
That's not I don't give a fuck.

That's you're going to answer my entire case, or I'm not going to talk to you.

Compare what I wrote to what Link has.

I dare you Whiskers.

Do some hard work for once instead of playing like Viscera.

It's really not that hard if some idiot like me can.
Viscera Link
Viscera Link
Goon
Viscera Link
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Viscera Link »

In post 456, Hiraki wrote:Link skipped half of my case.

I skipped half of them because I had no answers there. I've already said I don't agree with everything VE has said. I'm not going to justify everything he has said because I know it's not scum-motivated. But it doesn't change the fact that some of the stuff you said was bullshit and I pointed that out. If you are going to ignore the clear holes in your case, then it's just going to move you up my scum list.

In post 457, Whiskers wrote:"Lol, idfc"

True story.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 459, Viscera Link wrote:
In post 456, Hiraki wrote:Link skipped half of my case.

I skipped half of them because I had no answers there. I've already said I don't agree with everything VE has said. I'm not going to justify everything he has said because I know it's not scum-motivated. But it doesn't change the fact that some of the stuff you said was bullshit and I pointed that out. If you are going to ignore the clear holes in your case, then it's just going to move you up my scum list.

Hiraki, your retort?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by Hiraki »

You should've at least addressed that you knew they were there and that you skipped them.

Just skipping them is equivalent to either ignoring them or not having a defense(which you said).

And great, you guys can go buddy up with Whiskers and continue to be on the MoI level.

It's okay.

Just for reference, for everyone else.

SkippedLink wrote:ISO 0: Shitty RVS vote, but w/e.

Why is it shitty RVS masta Hiraki?

Well what.

Am I supposed to react badly to that?

Is anyone?

No it's random and stupid.

No me gusta.

Not big though.

SkippedLink wrote:Am I reading English?

I really hope this is like French or something.

First off, you're assuming that he wanted to start a quick wagon.

Second off, you're assuming that your vote is only used to lynch.

Haven't I told you multiple times what the true purpose of RVS is?

It's not to fuck around. It's not like LOL D1 LET'S PARRTYYYYY. It's more like. Ok, D1. Let's get some early reactions that I can actually use later on.

You newbies produce none of them, and it pisses me off that such a valuable part of a game could be wasted. I can understand why people abstain from RVS now too. You can basically make shit up and make people seem scummy when they're just being idiotic town.

k. Now I want you to look at that.

And see if Hiraki could get a little angry at the "small holes" that were missing.

Now, this is where we get down into Link's shitty argument.

where i don't give a fuck.

Link wrote:I didn't make the comment, but I endorse it. It's less "paranoia" and more "what the fuck is your deal?" When I see someone use the word "actually", I usually think they actually mean it. I'm funny like that.
1) ok, really not needed as it was obv.
2) That doesn't only apply to this point, but fair point.
3-4)Useless shit I really don't care about

Link wrote:Cool story, bro. It's totally like not supporting a wagon on some guy dicking around when the vote count is low is the same thing as when the vote count is high. It was still RVS, so it was understandable for him to just play it nonchalant when there was no pressure, but if he just sat there and dicked around, then it clearly becomes an entirely different story.

1)Snide remark that only .000008% of America thinks is funny
2)It's not.
3)But that's exactly what he did. RVS shouldn't change anything in terms of how things are played. The only things that are changed are the reasoning. That changes the amount of pressure and levity of the situation. So yes, while RVS is not
uber serioso
it shouldn't be a fucking wild party.

Link wrote:Actually, it did. It just never went anywhere because a reset never became an issue. As a self-imposed rule, where I was going was that there is no reason he couldn't take part in a reset. Aside from that, is that rally part of your case against us? Your reaching.
This is really a small point first off. It's the only case of fluff in my points. So reaching is a really funny word.

And no it's not relevant because if you could even think about lynching a player on that basis, I'm quitting mafia.

LaL does not apply in that situation, obviously.

Link wrote:As a matter of fact, that's not the case. We've been in contact since before the game started, we were just taking an approach where we mostly acted independently. For the sake of everyone's reads, we are going to start taking a slightly more commiserative approach.
GJ.You did the worst possible thing a hydra could do. Split up. It's a hydra for a reason. It's not let's have two players in one slot so they can fight each other.

But apparently hydras are cool, so you should hop on the bandwagon for them pronto. wheee.

Link wrote:I'm not sure what game you are playing. You should no very well that there aren't absolutes. He couldn't very well say "Whiskers is town", because he simply doesn't know that.
Not stating absolutes, what you're basically arguing here, is scummy because it shows that the player is A)unable to take risks in wording or B)is pesky about the wording.

It's scummy. No one is going to lynch someone for calling someone else town.

That's stupid.

Link wrote:Thing is, neither of us play scum like shit.
Debatable.

Link wrote:VE has some slightly scummy play and I don't always agree with him, but that is just his way.
Ok. But here's the whole hydra dealio. Your hydra is already broken because you're compromising on week one.

It's like a marriage.

You love each other for four months, and then get into a fight.

Not one week. That's the honeymoon. Everything should be a-ok.

Link wrote:I'm going to be taking a far more active role from this point on though.
Hmmm.
Viscera Link
Viscera Link
Goon
Viscera Link
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:34 pm

Post by Viscera Link »

In post 461, Hiraki wrote:You should've at least addressed that you knew they were there and that you skipped them.

I took it as implicit by the fact that I clearly only quoted certain portions.
In post 461, Hiraki wrote:Just skipping them is equivalent to either ignoring them or not having a defense(which you said).

It didn't particularly concern me, because I knew no matter how sound the logic might be, you were ultimately barking up the wrong tree.
In post 461, Hiraki wrote:And great, you guys can go buddy up with Whiskers and continue to be on the MoI level.

It's okay.

I won't pretend to know who that is or how they are relevant to the topic at hand, I'd hardly call any of my interactions with Whiskers thus far buddying though.
In post 461, Hiraki wrote:Just for reference, for everyone else.

SkippedLink wrote:ISO 0: Shitty RVS vote, but w/e.

Why is it shitty RVS masta Hiraki?

Well what.

Am I supposed to react badly to that?

Is anyone?

No it's random and stupid.

No me gusta.

Not big though.

SkippedLink wrote:Am I reading English?

I really hope this is like French or something.

First off, you're assuming that he wanted to start a quick wagon.

Second off, you're assuming that your vote is only used to lynch.

Haven't I told you multiple times what the true purpose of RVS is?

It's not to fuck around. It's not like LOL D1 LET'S PARRTYYYYY. It's more like. Ok, D1. Let's get some early reactions that I can actually use later on.

You newbies produce none of them, and it pisses me off that such a valuable part of a game could be wasted. I can understand why people abstain from RVS now too. You can basically make shit up and make people seem scummy when they're just being idiotic town.

In post 461, Hiraki wrote:k. Now I want you to look at that.

And see if Hiraki could get a little angry at the "small holes" that were missing.

Not really. The first point is a shitty recap that I have a really hard time following. Try it again without the paraphrasing and we'll see if it holds up. The second half is VE not understanding all the uses of a vote or the idea of a pressure vote without saying "this is a pressure vote". We've since had the discussion.
In post 461, Hiraki wrote:Now, this is where we get down into Link's shitty argument.

where i don't give a fuck.

I didn't make the comment, but I endorse it. It's less "paranoia" and more "what the fuck is your deal?" When I see someone use the word "actually", I usually think they actually mean it. I'm funny like that.
1) ok, really not needed as it was obv.

It was obvious that I endorsed it, despite never previously giving my endorsement?
In post 461, Hiraki wrote:2) That doesn't only apply to this point, but fair point.

Agreed.
In post 461, Hiraki wrote:3-4)Useless shit I really don't care about

Is it though? You are the one who suggested that there was a problem with taking something said during RVS seriously.
Link wrote:Cool story, bro. It's totally like not supporting a wagon on some guy dicking around when the vote count is low is the same thing as when the vote count is high. It was still RVS, so it was understandable for him to just play it nonchalant when there was no pressure, but if he just sat there and dicked around, then it clearly becomes an entirely different story.

In post 461, Hiraki wrote:1)Snide remark that only .000008% of America thinks is funny

Yes, because you never make any snide comments.
In post 461, Hiraki wrote:2)It's not.

Isn't it though? Cause I think it is. It's one thing to not take a couple votes during RVS seriously. It's another entirely to have no reaction when the votes start racking up. It means either a troll or scum trying to play it as cool as possible to have people second-guessing. Norman's not deep enough to be the latter.
In post 461, Hiraki wrote:3)But that's exactly what he did. RVS shouldn't change anything in terms of how things are played. The only things that are changed are the reasoning. That changes the amount of pressure and levity of the situation. So yes, while RVS is not
uber serioso
it shouldn't be a fucking wild party.

I agree that it's not a party, but some people love to fuck around. That''s not inherently scummy. And believe me, I struggled with whether or not we should vote him, but we ultimately decided, after reading some of his other shit, that it was a waste of tme to pursue his bullshit trolling.
In post 461, Hiraki wrote:
Link wrote:Actually, it did. It just never went anywhere because a reset never became an issue. As a self-imposed rule, where I was going was that there is no reason he couldn't take part in a reset. Aside from that, is that rally part of your case against us? Your reaching.
This is really a small point first off. It's the only case of fluff in my points. So reaching is a really funny word.
And yet you brought it up to begin with and it was one of the few things that was actually said by me, so I felt obligated to respond.
In post 461, Hiraki wrote:And no it's not relevant because if you could even think about lynching a player on that basis, I'm quitting mafia.

LaL does not apply in that situation, obviously.

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't suggesting he was scummy. I was saying that he could take part in a potential reset. LaL is stupid anyway. I don't policy lynch.
Link wrote:As a matter of fact, that's not the case. We've been in contact since before the game started, we were just taking an approach where we mostly acted independently. For the sake of everyone's reads, we are going to start taking a slightly more commiserative approach.
GJ.You did the worst possible thing a hydra could do. Split up. It's a hydra for a reason. It's not let's have two players in one slot so they can fight each other.

VE felt it was the best way to go about it and I felt it probably wouldn't end that badly, so I went with it. If we were scum, I never would have gone for it though. Too risky. I'm more into meticulously planned posts. Always have been.
In post 461, Hiraki wrote:But apparently hydras are cool, so you should hop on the bandwagon for them pronto. wheee.

Actually, I prefer this style. It kind of bugs me not having anyone to talk to about the game. The forum I cam from allowed outside communication. Broken as shit and prone to all kinds of shenanigans, I know, but it worked for me. VE was someone I felt I'd have fun working with in a similar manner. This information is entirely irrelevant, but that's the origin of this hydra.
Link wrote:I'm not sure what game you are playing. You should no very well that there aren't absolutes. He couldn't very well say "Whiskers is town", because he simply doesn't know that.
Not stating absolutes, what you're basically arguing here, is scummy because it shows that the player is A)unable to take risks in wording or B)is pesky about the wording.

I happen to be anal about my wording, personal. Hence the hours and hours it takes me to post anything. That said, there's nothing wrong about not speaking in absolutes Day 1. Particularly on the Whiskers slot.
In post 461, Hiraki wrote:It's scummy. No one is going to lynch someone for calling someone else town.

That's stupid.

In certain situations, they could. But regardless, nobody should be this forceful about someone using the phrase "probably town". It's actually a pretty strong phrase, as it means "more likely than not". If he had said "maybe town" or "possibly town", then there might be a little more weight top this argument.
Link wrote:Thing is, neither of us play scum like shit.
Debatable.

Yes, it is. But not here.
Link wrote:VE has some slightly scummy play and I don't always agree with him, but that is just his way.
Ok. But here's the whole hydra dealio. Your hydra is already broken because you're compromising on week one.

It's like a marriage.

You love each other for four months, and then get into a fight.

Not one week. That's the honeymoon. Everything should be a-ok.

You've taken "don't always agree with him" to mean "fight with him", when it just means that we disagree on certain points. The thing about a hydra is bring different perspectives to the table. If we're entirely synchronized, then we might as well just be playing alone.
Link wrote:I'm going to be taking a far more active role from this point on though.
Hmmm.

Got a problem with it? I've been lazy and I forced my partner to do all of the work because I let myself fall behind. Just because I want to lay video games doesn't mean I can ignore my responsibilities here, so from now on, I'm going to start actually playing this game.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:59 am

Post by Hiraki »

I'm getting tired of these responses because they all have one common point.

They're shitty as hell.

VisceraLink wrote:I took it as implicit by the fact that I clearly only quoted certain portions.
Ok, so you assumed.

You not only made yourself look like an ass to you and me, but also became scummier.

Congrats.

VisceraLink wrote:It didn't particularly concern me, because I knew no matter how sound the logic might be, you were ultimately barking up the wrong tree.
Yeahhhhh because I'm such a shit player

And I totally can't find scum

So you should just skip part of my argument

Do you realize how fucking supremest you make yourself sound and how annoying it gets after 5 seconds? The difference between you and me is that I'm joking half the time.

You're serious about being amazing 100% of the time.

VisceraLink wrote:I won't pretend to know who that is or how they are relevant to the topic at hand, I'd hardly call any of my interactions with Whiskers thus far buddying though.
Ok, but I will.

Simple as that.

There's nothing to argue here.

VisceraLink wrote:Not really. The first point is a shitty recap that I have a really hard time following. Try it again without the paraphrasing and we'll see if it holds up. The second half is VE not understanding all the uses of a vote or the idea of a pressure vote without saying "this is a pressure vote". We've since had the discussion.
It's the same fucking thing for both of them. Also in this post, you finally realize you're playing a horribly broken hydra as you're now teaching VisceraLink. Congrats, I'm happy to spoil the surprise. And just because you taught him that it was bad, doesn't mean I'm going to believe you.

That's such an easy scapegoat.

VisceraLink wrote:It was obvious that I endorsed it, despite never previously giving my endorsement?
What the hell are you going on about here.

I made a snide remark about a point and you took it seriously.

That's where I know you're becoming crippled.

OK GUYS.

LET'S DISPROVE VISCERALINK'S LOGIC. BECAUSE IT'S STILL PRETTY BAD.

VisceraLink wrote:Is it though? You are the one who suggested that there was a problem with taking something said during RVS seriously.

So what does this refer to??!!?

VisceraLink wrote:When I see someone use the word "actually", I usually think they actually mean it. I'm funny like that.

And what did I say??!?!

Hiraki wrote:3-4)Useless shit I really don't care about

Ok.

So yeah, I did say take RVS seriously. But what the hell does that have to do with what VisceraLink's perspective of the word "actually"?

I HAVE NO CLUE.

VisceraLink wrote:Yes, because you never make any snide comments.
DO YOU LIKE READ TWO WORDS AND SAY "LOL HE SAID SOMETHING THAT HE DOES HIMSELF STOP READING"

Let's just try the read before you speak thing.

Hiraki wrote:Snide remark
that only .0000008% of America thinks is funny

HMMM.

VisceraLink wrote:Isn't it though? Cause I think it is. It's one thing to not take a couple votes during RVS seriously. It's another entirely to have no reaction when the votes start racking up. It means either a troll or scum trying to play it as cool as possible to have people second-guessing. Norman's not deep enough to be the latter.
You're forgetting the whole point where I compared Norman to Scumhunter.

To be quite honest, Norman might've been trolling but he was playing a lot like Scumhunter.

Scumhunter has self-hammered as town, I believe.

VisceraLink wrote:I agree that it's not a party, but some people love to fuck around. That''s not inherently scummy. And believe me, I struggled with whether or not we should vote him, but we ultimately decided, after reading some of his other shit, that it was a waste of tme to pursue his bullshit trolling.
Well, I disagree. And apparently others do too.

VisceraLink wrote:I was saying that he could take part in a potential reset.

so what's your point.

you're now just dragging off scumhunting

VisceraLink wrote:VE felt it was the best way to go about it and I felt it probably wouldn't end that badly, so I went with it. If we were scum, I never would have gone for it though. Too risky. I'm more into meticulously planned posts. Always have been.
Hmm.

Why do I not feel that feeling of surprise?

VisceraLink wrote:I happen to be anal about my wording, personal. Hence the hours and hours it takes me to post anything. That said, there's nothing wrong about not speaking in absolutes Day 1. Particularly on the Whiskers slot.
Which I consider scummy anyway then.

VisceraLink wrote:The thing about a hydra is bring different perspectives to the table. If we're entirely synchronized, then we might as well just be playing alone.
But your perspectives are in opposite directions.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:04 am

Post by enomis »

Arghh....shit, it is so hard to read a hydra. I get a scumread one second and a townread another second...... OMG, i am gonna try to reread the arguments again. This sucks. Anyway, Besides link, VE should also post in the argument. Hydra sucks. Messes up my read.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Spartan_N30
Spartan_N30
Goon
Spartan_N30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Spartan_N30 »

In post 288, Spartan_N30 wrote:ok, after isolateing all the posts i get this:
Draken: 65% chance scum, Posted nothing about the game, lives in australia though so may just be unintentional

Vicera Eyes: 70% chance of scum, With only 3 posts and none with a vote, its tough to say if he is lurking but something doesn't sit right...

Gen: 10% chance of scum, He makes sense and is verry sound in his reasoning, Of course this just may be a gambit to lower our guard. then again, you never know

Parama: 60% chance of scum, Im going to refer to what i said about him being all over the place, however it may just be un-intentional

Enomis:85% chance of scum, His constant acusal of OMGUS seems verry suspicous and allthough verry active at the start, he/she hasn't posted recently

Im too tired to analize the rest so i will go ahead and say this may just be all a case of WINFOM as im probably over analizeing.

ok guys, i know your all confused about my precenteges. these are just what i felt was right at the time
YMMV
no Games played in the fourms yet
3 games curently being played now (village for 13) (Newbie 1187) (The West Wing Mafia)

Played 5 games in meat world
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 464, enomis wrote:Arghh....shit, it is so hard to read a hydra. I get a scumread one second and a townread another second...... OMG, i am gonna try to reread the arguments again. This sucks. Anyway, Besides link, VE should also post in the argument. Hydra sucks. Messes up my read.
Meta is a very useful tool against a hydra.
Viscera Link
Viscera Link
Goon
Viscera Link
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Viscera Link »

In post 466, Hiraki wrote:
In post 464, enomis wrote:Arghh....shit, it is so hard to read a hydra. I get a scumread one second and a townread another second...... OMG, i am gonna try to reread the arguments again. This sucks. Anyway, Besides link, VE should also post in the argument. Hydra sucks. Messes up my read.

It's also a very helpful tool when playing WITH a hydra, in the case that we're on the same team. I'm not surprised Hiraki worded it that way though.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:58 am

Post by enomis »

In post 467, Viscera Link wrote:

It's also a very helpful tool when playing WITH a hydra, in the case that we're on the same team. I'm not surprised Hiraki worded it that way though.

hmmm? My head cracked. Nvm. I will try to read it tommorow. And Link, you dont have any games as scum do you? Anyway, why so nitpicky about the small words hiraki used? Too paranoid? hmmm.....
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:07 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 467, Viscera Link wrote:

Because if I know how Head A plays as scum, and how Head B plays as scum, there's a good chance the hydra is scum.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Parama »

I'm not reading anything on page 19.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:28 am

Post by enomis »

In post 470, Parama wrote:I'm not reading anything on page 19.

why? This is when hiraki and VL make their reads and cases.

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Parama »

This is when VL and Hiraki have a pissing contest that takes up way more space than it needs to. I don't really care anyways since I'm voting the VL.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:30 am

Post by enomis »

In post 472, Parama wrote:This is when VL and Hiraki have a pissing contest that takes up way more space than it needs to. I don't really care anyways since I'm voting the VL.

Your reasons?

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Parama »

I'm lazy and I don't care for wall-o-text wars.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”