Mini 304: This is NOT Any Kind of Mafia (Mod Abandoned)

Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:50 pm

Post by Drummer »

It's still Night 1...April Fools, I guess? Okay.

So we have no clue whether Adele's role is super-awesome or not. 'Cause we haven't a clue what a cross-cultivator is. Sounds like it could help on a religious farm or something.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 3:24 am

Post by Adele »

Tamuz wrote:We can all agree we don't know and knowledge of more dead people would be helpful, no?
I concur. Let's get killin'!

Vote: Drummer
something seems very "off" about him; for example, this post:
Drummer wrote:Yeah. Cuz Adele has never lied to me in the past.

I think we should all bear in mind that this game is called April Fools Mafia. Regardless of what InHim said to Adele...we all know that the mod is evil. Just something to remember.
The second paragraph just reeks of "let's not play this game like intelligent people, but be prepared to do the nonsensical thing... just, y'know, wait for my order".
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 6:17 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

April Fools on me, I suppose... forgot to change the title. :oops:
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 9:28 am

Post by Drummer »

Adele wrote:Vote: Drummer something seems very "off" about him; for example, this post:
Drummer wrote:Yeah. Cuz Adele has never lied to me in the past.

I think we should all bear in mind that this game is called April Fools Mafia. Regardless of what InHim said to Adele...we all know that the mod is evil. Just something to remember.
The second paragraph just reeks of "let's not play this game like intelligent people, but be prepared to do the nonsensical thing... just, y'know, wait for my order".
Puh-leeze. If this wasn't such a ridiculous accusation, I might say that the mod has pretended to kill off numerous people already. I might be concerned about how crazy this game will turn out to be. I might be point out that we haven't
completely
figured out whether VitaminR was good or bad. I might say that that, in itself, points right at you, Adele. The person who got him lynched. Then I might
FOS:Adele
in retaliation. But that's all hypothetical. If VitaminR is evil, then please disregard.

Seriously, there was absolutely nothing in my post about waiting for my signal. I have no authority over anyone and I did not imply that I did at any time. Not sure where you got that from. Certainly not my post.

I'm looking back at Cropcircles a bit today. When I have more time, I'll review his posts. No vote yet.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 9:34 am

Post by Adele »

Drummer wrote:I might be point out that we haven't completely figured out whether VitaminR was good or bad.
His role wasn't what he claimed it was.

I'm aware that this is a pretty weird game, but you talk in the quote I gave about the mod being evil, which is a totally counterproductive attitude to take. You know who wants to be counterproductive to the town's interests?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 10:10 am

Post by EmpTyger »

I have a very strong reason to believe that VitaminR was speaking the truth and protown. Add to that the fact that we had no nightkills, and I think the town is facing a cult. Which is not to say that we don’t have any other antitown groups. No nightkills is too convenient, so I see 2 possibilities: doctor protection or roleblocking. Does anyone have any objections to a roleblocker coming forward?

Adele:
As I said above, I’m rather sure about VitaminR. So I’m having a hard time reconciling that with your “100% guilty”.
Vote: Adele

Drummer:
Regarding my feeling from yesterday: I’m still not convinced that you aren’t mafia (to say nothing of the possibilities involving a cult) but overnight I rethought my uneasiness, and I do not think you are worth pursuing right now.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 10:15 am

Post by Adele »

Emptyger wrote:Adele:
As I said above, I’m rather sure about VitaminR. So I’m having a hard time reconciling that with your “100% guilty”.
Vote: Adele
I'm sorry, I don't know what you're asking of me. I was very straightforward about what the mod told me, and now Vit's come up as having a different rolename than he claimed. Did you have a question about what happened? I'm a little confused by these statements.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 11:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

So Drummer and EmpTyger are saying that maybe Vitamin was good? Is it possible that a cross-cultifier is a good thing?? That never occurred to me. Anything to do with a cult seems bad, and the fact that he lied about it makes me think it's bad also. I don't see why a pro-town player would lie.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 12:23 pm

Post by Drummer »

Adele wrote:
Drummer wrote:I might be point out that we haven't completely figured out whether VitaminR was good or bad.
His role wasn't what he claimed it was. (point one by Drummer)

I'm aware that this is a pretty weird game, but you talk in the quote I gave about the mod being evil, which is a totally counterproductive attitude to take. You know who wants to be counterproductive to the town's interests? (point two by Drummer)
Point one--Okay, I remember now. Nice work!

Point two--If I called inHim evil, there is a 99% chance that I joking around. I mean, the guy's a christian who dedicated his username to a Bible verse. I don't literally mean that he's evil. If you're truly planning on following this "lead", then I'll be going further than an FOS soon.
EmpTyger wrote:Drummer:
Regarding my feeling from yesterday: I’m still not convinced that you aren’t mafia (to say nothing of the possibilities involving a cult) but overnight I rethought my uneasiness, and I do not think you are worth pursuing right now.

It might not be much, but it's a start. Yay!

Elvis: Nah, I think Adele's right. "I don't see why a pro-town player would lie," you said. I concur.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Drummer wrote:Elvis: Nah, I think Adele's right. "I don't see why a pro-town player would lie," you said. I concur.
The only reason a pro-town player would lie is if their reason is that they are Vaughn. :wink:
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 12:40 pm

Post by JechtMurray »

Well, there are reasons, but none that apply in this example.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 1:07 pm

Post by Drummer »

Elvis wrote:
Drummer wrote:Elvis: Nah, I think Adele's right. "I don't see why a pro-town player would lie," you said. I concur.

The only reason a pro-town player would lie is if their reason is that they are Vaughn.
That was just plain crazy. :) I can't get over it. :lol:
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 2:59 pm

Post by Bacde »

So do we all agree Emptyger has horrible logic here, and that Adele is mostly confirmed for the day?
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 3:00 pm

Post by JechtMurray »

I think so.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 3:16 pm

Post by Drummer »

Oh. Thank you for pointing that out Bacde. Something has just come to my attention. Yes, his logic is a bit off. But I think there's something more.

Emp: Why do you want the roleblocker to come forward, hm? I'm seeing something there that I don't think I want to see. The roleblocker could possibly have stopped a killing. So now you want him to step forward. That would get him blown away tonight, would it not? Whether he blocks the same person or not, the mafia usually have the option of choosing which mafioso will perform the kill, so they could just change it. That's very odd indeed. From what I'm reading...you want a claim so that we can find out if we have a killing anti-town group as well? I don't think that's such a good idea.

Also, we cannot rule out the possibility that there's just a cult. That would result in no kill. No vote until I see how he responds. Very interesting.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 4:50 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah. I would be a little happier if the death scene actually said his alignment, but I think the difference between "de-cultifier" (what he claimed) and "cross-cultifier" is enough to assume he was probably lying, unless of course the mod built in some more evil practical jokes into the setup of this game.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 6:38 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

elvis_knits wrote:
The only reason a pro-town player would lie is if their reason is that they are Vaughn. :wink:
X

a game like this might require someone to lie.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
ryanjunk
ryanjunk
Goon
ryanjunk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2006 2:17 am

Post by ryanjunk »

I think it's pretty clear that Adele was up-front with her information. It may still turn out that she's anti-town, but at this point I doubt it. And so I think EmpTyger is being a bit scummy trying to make her look bad, and trying to get the roleblocker to claim. And so I think I will
Vote:EmpTyger
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2006 3:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

EmpTyger wrote:I have a very strong reason to believe that VitaminR was speaking the truth and protown.
Please explain...
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2006 4:01 am

Post by Adele »

FOS: Emptyger
; obviously I don't like his tone, but I'm still not entirely certain what he's getting at.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2006 7:26 am

Post by Drummer »

raj wrote:a game like this might require someone to lie.
Excellent point. I agree. Still wonderin' about Emp's claim request.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2006 8:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

(shrug) Honestly, when I first saw VitimanR's rolename, I thought he had been telling the truth after all. Then I realized it was slightly different then the name he had claimed. I now suspect he was probably a bad guy, but I'm not really sure.

I will say that if EmpTiger did somehow get role-based info about VitimanR, I'm not sure if we would want him to claim anything else about it yet.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2006 9:01 am

Post by Drummer »

I missed the part where Emp said he got role-based info about VitR. He just felt strongly about it as far as I have seen.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2006 10:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

EmpTyger wrote:I have a very strong reason to believe that VitaminR was speaking the truth and protown.
This statement was why I said it, Drummer; I thought he seemed to be implying role-based info with his "very strong reason" comment. We might be better off not knowing, though.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2006 1:29 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

I have several reasons for believing VitaminR was telling the truth. One of them is basic logic. If VitaminR were a non-cult antitown, then his claim was foolish: it would be revealed as bogus in an endgame if no cult had been discovered at that point. Likewise, if he were cult, why clue the town in to the fact that the game had a cult so early? He claimed when Adele stated she was only 85% sure.

I fail to see strong evidence that VitaminR lied. Unless someone can tell me definitively what a cross-cultifier is, I’m not sure that it might not be a paraphrased de-cultifier. Another possibility is that something happened overnight, between death and role reveal.

I have several reasons for believing we don’t just have a cult. One of them is basic math. Let’s say we had just a 1 person cult. Well, then, either Adele is lying (and we should lynch her) or it was VitaminR (in which case the game should have ended already). So if there’s just a cult, we’ve got at least a 2 person cult. Which easily can be overpowered for a minigame, to the point where Day 1 could have been lynch-or-lose.

I have only one reason for wanting the roleblocker to come forward. It has nothing to do with knowledge of the setup. I think that it is likely that the roleblocker targeted a nightkiller; and I think that this knowledge is not worth risking losing just for the chance of the roleblocker getting lucky twice. And with the overlapping possibilities of recruitment, nightkills, and protection, I don’t think that the fact that the roleblocker might be exposed would necessarily be a worry.

And let me repeat, the above are not my only reasons. I merely choose not to state all of them at this time.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”