Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:27 pm

Post by Thok »

Fuldu wrote:Look back at the Black Mage image in Fighter's death scene and read the word there. Now compare that to the bolded word in Thok's last post. Thok's at least claiming to try to day-kill our cop, so I'm pretty sure we don't need to take this any further at this point.

vote: Thok
If I was actually able to day kill our cop, I would have done it yesterday or at the beginning of today.

Also, if I was actually able to daykill the cop your vote wouldn't matter.

Adele, I repeat, I have absolutely no reason to claim right now. I'm insulted that you think I need to give you more information; frankly it should be obvious what I'm up to.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:21 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Thok wrote:If I was actually able to day kill our cop, I would have done it yesterday or at the beginning of today.
Well, no. Typically a power as strong as that in a mini requires some sort of a trigger, and I have know way of knowing that you didn't just meet that condition or, for that matter, that that's only the first half of the condition and that if we lynch you quickly enough it won't happen.

But the very fact that you'd suggest you'd be willing to do such a thing if you could indicates that you're trying to play both sides against one another. I'd rather not see that happen.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:33 pm

Post by Thok »

Aelyn wrote:You are Black Mage, probably the most powerful evil wizard in 8-Bit Theater, who's somehow managed to get caught up in SAVING the world as a light warrior. Your rage at this can barely contain itself, especially since your self-proclaimed "best friend" Fighter is at fault. You've decided to kill everyone else in webcomics or at least get as close as you can.

Confirm by PM, along with any questions you may have.

Minor victory condition: Survive to a three-person endgame.
Major victory condition: Personally kill Fighter, whether by placing the lynching vote or by killing him at night.
There. Are you people happy?

I don't know if we have any other mafia; despite the lack of kills I suspect we have some sort of scum around other than myself. You may be stuck using me as a vig.

I believe it should be obvious who I killed the last two nights and what my kill type is (I mean, who else in this set of comics is specifically known for stabbing people?). The other nights I was roleblocked by Pie.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:38 pm

Post by Nemesis »

A bunch of SKs instead of a family. Meh, that might be possible.

Vote Thok

Assuming I didn't just get nuked to death.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:27 am

Post by Adele »

StevieT92, last night, wrote:I'll claim tonight after I get back from the movies.
...We're still waiting...

Okay. Thok's SK, no doubt, and likely the "head blown off" killer of Bertrand (IIRC). Still, I for one would like full-PM claims from Stevie and TSA before night falls so if they
are
scum together, they don't get more opportunity to work together on good claims. That's why I'm not adding my vote yet.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:56 am

Post by StevieT92 »

[quote=Aelyn]You are Ryan, the boy-turned girl from Abstract Gender. Since you have been through so much, you have learned to avoid danger - you can't die at night.

Minor victory condition: Survive to the Endgame
Major vivtory condition: Have the town win.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:57 am

Post by StevieT92 »

[quote=Aelyn]You are Ryan, the boy-turned girl from Abstract Gender. Since you have been through so much, you have learned to avoid danger - you can't die at night.

Major vivtory condition: Have the town win.[/quote]

Whoops, I hit the quote button on the PM, but then I forgot to copy the last code part.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:59 am

Post by Adele »

Aelyn wrote:You are Ryan, the boy-turned girl from Abstract Gender. Since you have been through so much, you have learned to avoid danger - you can't die at night.

There ya go!
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:18 am

Post by Adele »

Yeah, I don't believe that. Maybe it's:
1) the typos (I haven't seen any typos from Aelyn elsewhere in this thread, yet this short quote has at least two)
2) the minimal, humourless flavour that doesn't deal with Ryan's feelings or thoughts on the situation
or
his character
3) the fact that Ryan's new name (Rachel) isn't mentioned
4) the way this role appears
too
pro-town; Ryan's not especially altruistic (by which I mean, extraordinarily), most allegiance win conditions (such as "town win") are minors, as Aelyn himself said - so why is Ryan's major win condition the town win?

Or maybe it's something else :lol:
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:18 am

Post by Fuldu »

Thok's still hiding something from us. Given the lack of anything explicit in his role PM about night choices, I have to assume that he's edited that for some purpose. He may have had a limited number or it could be something else, but I'm unconvinced that that's an accurate quote of his PM.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:30 am

Post by Thok »

Adele, I specifically stab people. I don't think Black Mage has ever blown somebody's head off; it's hard to remove the head of a sprite.

Fuldu-the PM's just a bit weirdly written; I had to PM Aelyn at the start of the game to double check my killing abilities.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:54 am

Post by Nemesis »

Well, can we have a look at that pm?

The Blackmage is still a mage, he stabs when he doesn't have a meat shield. But if he is fighting something out of close range he blows the hell out of them with powerful nukes.

But I think there are still other scum around, so you may be telling the truth, although I also think you've editted something out... Maybe you've made yourself seem like an SK when you are part of a family or something... I don't know.

And StevieT92, that is a really short pm and doesn't have a whole lot of anything to it.

My claim:
You are Marten Reed, the introverted indie from Questionable Content. You don't think you have any special powers, but you don't like the idea of bad webcomic characters taking over and so have fired up Pintsize and commanded him to look up various webcomics.

Each night you may tell Pintsize to check up any one character's attitude. You do this by PMing me their name. I will PM you back telling you what Pintsize thinks of them - in other words, whether they are basically pro-town or not.

Bertrand's claim:
You are Gabe, the violent yet somewhat childlike webcomic drawer from Penny Arcade. Who cares about good or evil? What you've realised, and what no-one else seems to appreciate, is that enjoying life is more important than doing good things. And what you enjoy is sowing dischord. As such, your primary aim is to make things fun, and to an extent make sure the balance in the world will remain so you can carry on making things fun without boring people making it dull or evil people killing you. You also have cardboard-tube-samurai abilities, which will protect you the first time you would die for any reason and also give you the ability to kill someone, once during the game, at night.

There is a huge difference between these claims and yours. I think you are scum. If Thok didn't do whatever he did to me, or tried to do to me, I may have chosen to lynch you instead...
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:55 am

Post by Nemesis »

Well, can we have a look at that pm?

The Blackmage is still a mage, he stabs when he doesn't have a meat shield. But if he is fighting something out of close range he blows the hell out of them with powerful nukes.

But I think there are still other scum around, so you may be telling the truth, although I also think you've editted something out... Maybe you've made yourself seem like an SK when you are part of a family or something... I don't know.

And StevieT92, that is a really short pm and doesn't have a whole lot of anything to it.

My claim:
You are Marten Reed, the introverted indie from Questionable Content. You don't think you have any special powers, but you don't like the idea of bad webcomic characters taking over and so have fired up Pintsize and commanded him to look up various webcomics.

Each night you may tell Pintsize to check up any one character's attitude. You do this by PMing me their name. I will PM you back telling you what Pintsize thinks of them - in other words, whether they are basically pro-town or not.

Bertrand's claim:
You are Gabe, the violent yet somewhat childlike webcomic drawer from Penny Arcade. Who cares about good or evil? What you've realised, and what no-one else seems to appreciate, is that enjoying life is more important than doing good things. And what you enjoy is sowing dischord. As such, your primary aim is to make things fun, and to an extent make sure the balance in the world will remain so you can carry on making things fun without boring people making it dull or evil people killing you. You also have cardboard-tube-samurai abilities, which will protect you the first time you would die for any reason and also give you the ability to kill someone, once during the game, at night.

There is a huge difference between these claims and yours. I think you are scum. If Thok didn't do whatever he did to me, or tried to do to me, I may have chosen to lynch you instead...
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:02 am

Post by Adele »

We have more than just those, don't forget:

Example claim:
You are Mega Man, the remarkably stupid droid from Bob and George. You may not be the brightest bulb in the box, being programmed to be stupid and all, but your heart is in the right place. Plus you have an awesome gun. You know that you have to rid the webcomics of the evil people trying to take it over, and you figure your special power to absorb abilities of things you kill could be helpful. Plus it gives you a great opportunity to better yourself! Each night, you can use any one of your night actions - initially, you only have the ability to kill, but whenever you kill anyone you gain any night abilities they may have. Note you can only use one ability each night.

Confirm by PM, along with your first night choice and any questions you may have.

Minor victory condition: Have the town win.
Major victory condition: Absorb at least two abilities.
VitaminR's claim:
You're Fighter, the fighterest fighter in 8-Bit Theater. You want to help people, which is why you're a light warrior, and so is your bestest friend Black Mage. He's such a nice guy, you can't imagine what life would be like without him. If Black Mage gets lynched, and you're part of that lynch, you'll be so overcome with grief that you killed your besterest friend that you'll commit suicide.
It's taken until now for me to realise that these PMs might not be easily faked at all - apart from picking a person and role, there's a very specific "voice" to them that most of us (myself in particular) can detect, but probably not imitate. I definately want TSA's PM, and I'm starting to think full-pm quotes from everyone would be good (although I'd suggest we leave that until at least tomorrow).
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:22 am

Post by Adele »

Adele wrote:I'm starting to think full-pm quotes from everyone would be good (although I'd suggest we leave that until at least tomorrow).
Actually, I think we're likely to be lynching Stevie tomorrow so the Nemesis-confirmed players wouldn't want to claim before the day after tomorrow - is today Day 4? If today's Day 4 then I'd be interested in mass full claim on Day 6 (assuming the game's still in play).

Where's TSA with his claim? He posted elsewhere onsite about 14 hours ago - cutting and pasting from the inbox takes 2 minutes.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:02 am

Post by Nemesis »

if it's not a problem that I'll be limited access until saturday...
It's way past Saturday, so maybe he might need a prod if he doesn't post today...
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:34 am

Post by Thok »

Bah.
vote TSAGod
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:05 am

Post by Adele »

Unofficial Vote Count

Thok: 2 (Fuldu, Nemesis)
TSAGod: 1 (Thok)

Not Voting: TSAGod, Adele, Coron, Stevie

4 to lynch

btw, Coron hasn't posted in this thread since last Wednesday, TSAGod hasn't posted in this thread for a full week (although he has posted 3 times in other threads since); and chance of a
prod, please, mod?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:06 am

Post by Adele »

EBWOP: said "and chance of a prod", meant "
any
chance of a prod".
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:57 am

Post by Coron »

I haven't felt any need to post.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:20 am

Post by Adele »

Well, do you agree that Thok and Stevie are clearly both naughty people?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:29 am

Post by Coron »

I don't get it.

Obv on the thok thing, but why stevie?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:38 am

Post by Adele »

Because his claim looks so incredibly faked.
Stevie's Claim wrote:You are Ryan, the boy-turned girl from Abstract Gender. Since you have been through so much, you have learned to avoid danger - you can't die at night.

Adele wrote:Yeah, I don't believe that. Maybe it's:
1) the typos (I haven't seen any typos from Aelyn elsewhere in this thread, yet this short quote has at least two)
2) the minimal, humourless flavour that doesn't deal with Ryan's feelings or thoughts on the situation or his character
3) the fact that Ryan's new name (Rachel) isn't mentioned
4) the way this role appears too pro-town; Ryan's not especially altruistic (by which I mean, extraordinarily), most allegiance win conditions (such as "town win") are minors, as Aelyn himself said - so why is Ryan's major win condition the town win?

Or maybe it's something else :lol:
Compare Stevie's claim to the ones quoted in posts 462 and 463.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:46 am

Post by Coron »

I'll admit that I do think stevie is scum, and sure those are good points.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:35 pm

Post by Thok »

I think you guys wouldbe better off lynching Stevie rather than me.

I mean, I know I'm biased, but if he's part of a 3 person mafia group (with some godfather that's already Nemesis-investigated), it's useful to keep the SK around as a quasi-vig.

Also, I've already got my major victory; it's not like I need to kill Fighter a second time or something.

(In all honesty, lynching me yesterday would have been a good play for town. Lynching me today isn't nearly as useful.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”