Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Badass. Wanna pre-in to the D&D-Themed Mini Theme I'll mod?
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by Neruz »

Nah, i'm going to take a bit of a break from mafia once my current games are over, i'm feeling a bit mafia'd out.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are an
Augur.
You're like the average minstrel, aside from the fact that you can magically determine the future from the movements of bird flocks and human feces. Every night, you may state the name of a player (this can be yourself). If that player dies by a non-delayed kill (i.e. getting poisoned the night before), you become kill immune* the following night.

You win by accomplishing either of the win conditions below:

1. The town wins AND you are alive when that happens.
2. You guess correctly 3 times. It doesn't matter if you're dead or alive. You will be removed from the game**

*An Augur's kill immunity makes him invulnerable to sniping, execution, and strongman kills, but not to poison and poison-like kills.
**Even after this condition is fulfilled the Augur may refuse to exit the game and attempt to win with town.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Fenix
Fenix
Goon
Fenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Fenix »

You are a
Paranoid Cult Leader
. Every night you must recruit one person into your cult. Both you and each of your recruits has one-shot of poison Kool-Aid that they may choose to drink at any time. You win if you and your cult of at least three people all commit suicide within the same game day or game night.
GO!
RAICHU!
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Tragedy »

You are
Kool-Aid
Every time someone says 'NO', You must come in and say "OH YEAH!". Fail to do so will result an immediate Modkill.
During the Night, you can turn people into Kool-Aid, making them your Cult Members without realizing it. You are aligned with the Mafia members.

SECRET MODNOTE: IF ANYONE OF YOUR KOOL-AID CULT MEMBER IS DEAD, SO ARE YOU. AND THEY ARE PERMANENTLY ALIGNED WITH THE KOOL-AID.

Wait, wut.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:49 am

Post by callforjudgement »

You are a
Contract Killer

The scum can choose you to send in their night kill (they have been informed of this); you will not be informed when this happens.

You win with the town.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Blow Torch
. You are bulletproof, you blow, and you have the following abilities:

1. Daytime suicide. At any point during the day, you may extinguish yourself. You will become confirmed town by mod post, but will die during the night.
2. Nighttime suicide. You may choose to extinguish yourself during the night. If you do so, the next day the mod will publicly reveal all players who used actions on you that night, and you will die.

These deaths are not preventable. You win only if the town wins, AND you are dead before that happens.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

In post 2630, callforjudgement wrote:You are a
Contract Killer

The scum can choose you to send in their night kill (they have been informed of this); you will not be informed when this happens.

You win with the town.

Actually a role kind of, and not that bad to be considered "worst"

Tarhalindur gave scum an Enemy Mine skill that lets them send a player to do the scum kill. Hence the kind of.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Lopsy
Lopsy
Goon
Lopsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:42 am

Post by Lopsy »

You are the
Pyramid Scheme
. Every player starts the game with $100. Each night, target a player. They will be given the option to give $100 to you, and get a Pyramid Scheme ability and alternate win condition themselves. You win when you have $500.

You are an
Aspiring Author
. You win when the thread gets published.

You are the
Bus Company Manager
. Each night, choose players A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H. A's night actions will be sent to C unless C uses a night action, in which case it will be sent to F while C's action will be sent to the person H targets (if any); E's action will target himself unless another player (say X) targets E, in which case X's action will be sent to G, G's action will target E, and E's action will be stolen by both D and H and used on B and X respectively. You win with the Scorched Earth ending.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:55 am

You are a
Serial Miller
. You show as guilty to all investigations. You win when every other living player in the game has investigated you as scum, if you are still alive by then.

Sorry, the pun was too good to pass up…
scum
town
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:01 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

In post 2634, callforjudgement wrote:You are a
Serial Miller
. You show as guilty to all investigations. You win when every other living player in the game has investigated you as scum, if you are still alive by then.

Sorry, the pun was too good to pass up…

you need help with your definition of "good".

Actually, you need help with your definition of "pun".
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Lopsy
Lopsy
Goon
Lopsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Lopsy »

You are a
Serial Distiller
. Each Night, choose one player to give a shot of whiskey.
The first time a player drinks a shot, they have to Google Translate everything they say through Chinese and back before posting it.
The second time, they fall into a coma.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:16 am

Post by Meransiel »

Fuck this.

You are a
Serial Killer
. You win if all players with Serial in their role names are dead. Yes, including you.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Seraphim »

Yeah that setup sounds more redundant than truly bad. 7-2 with a cop.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:50 am

You are a
Jack Of All Trades
. You have infinitely many uses of each of the following abilities, but can use only one per night:
- a
Vigilante
ability that night-kills a player of your choice; or
- a
Paranoid Gun-Owning Compulsive Self CPR Doctor
ability that night-kills everyone who targets you, and also kills you unless you'd die for some other reason, in which case it prevents your death. (Using this one's known as "shooting yourself in the foot".)

Assuming I've calculated the role definition correctly, this one's actually been used. Not sure if it really qualifies as a "worst role" in terms of being bad for its owner, but would you really want to put it in one of your games? (I was also trying to make it as Normal as possible; PGO and the Self CPR modifiers are both ambiguously Normal, not being on either the allowed or disallowed lists, but everything else is fine.)

Come to think of it, what's the worst role possible using only explicitly Normal roles and modifiers? You could probably make something overpowered, along the lines of Bulletproof Innocent Child Doublevoter Vigilante, but I can't see a way to make a truly bad one.
scum
town
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Ythan »

Ready Aim Fire?
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Neruz »

Yeah, that's a RAF gunman role.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:01 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

How is that a bad role? I'd love to play it.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:33 am

Post by saulres »

You are an
Insomniac
. You are wide awake at night but have no night actions. During the day you are sleeping and cannot post or vote. You win if no player requests a prod of you.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:39 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 2639, callforjudgement wrote:You are a
Jack Of All Trades
. You have infinitely many uses of each of the following abilities, but can use only one per night:
- a
Vigilante
ability that night-kills a player of your choice; or
- a
Paranoid Gun-Owning Compulsive Self CPR Doctor
ability that night-kills everyone who targets you, and also kills you unless you'd die for some other reason, in which case it prevents your death. (Using this one's known as "shooting yourself in the foot".)

Assuming I've calculated the role definition correctly, this one's actually been used. Not sure if it really qualifies as a "worst role" in terms of being bad for its owner, but would you really want to put it in one of your games? (I was also trying to make it as Normal as possible; PGO and the Self CPR modifiers are both ambiguously Normal, not being on either the allowed or disallowed lists, but everything else is fine.)

Come to think of it, what's the worst role possible using only explicitly Normal roles and modifiers? You could probably make something overpowered, along the lines of Bulletproof Innocent Child Doublevoter Vigilante, but I can't see a way to make a truly bad one.

Negative night vigilante miller - may submit a kill on all nights that are negative numbers (days start at 1 and increment from there)
Macho Bulletproof - Nothing may protect him from being killed, including his own bulletproof (he has the armor, he just doesn't wear it)
Mafia Weak Doctor (town with vigilante) - may protect one player every night. Dies if he targets scum.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:38 am

In post 2644, GreyICE wrote:Negative night vigilante miller - may submit a kill on all nights that are negative numbers (days start at 1 and increment from there)
Macho Bulletproof - Nothing may protect him from being killed, including his own bulletproof (he has the armor, he just doesn't wear it)
Mafia Weak Doctor (town with vigilante) - may protect one player every night. Dies if he targets scum.

Those are pretty much VTs/Goons, though. Making the last compulsive would help slightly, but only slightly.

Here are some of mine:
  • Compulsive Weak SK is quite a bad combo. (Partly because hitting town is generally bad for an SK to do in the early stages of the game.)
  • Town Mason, in a mason group of 1. (Is not likely to be believed if they claim; will completely screw up setup analysis unless they claim before death. The role is not entirely useless, incidentally; the QT could be used to leave notes to a replacement, or possibly a Universal Backup if one exists in the setup.)
  • Backup Miller. (Not as bad as a regular miller, on paper, but is more likely to mislead a cop because it's much less obvious when they should claim.)
  • Mafia Innocent Child. (By my reading, this is explicitly normal. It's unclear whether the "Mafia-aligned versions" means they'd be confirmed as scum or town, but it's an awful role either way.)
  • Compulsive Townie. (Explicitly normal, and by the definitions given, necessarily gets modkilled night 1. Probably the worst combo you can come up with; note that they're effectively a Jester, as they cannot win unless they're lynched on day 1.)

Also, I just noticed that Mafia Mason is both explicitly Normal and explicitly non-Normal. Perhaps that needs fixing…
scum
town
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Compulsive Townie. (Explicitly normal, and by the definitions given, necessarily gets modkilled night 1. Probably the worst combo you can come up with; note that they're effectively a Jester, as they cannot win unless they're lynched on day 1.)

Turning people into neutral survivors is not an inherent part of modkilling.

In post 2645, callforjudgement wrote:Also, I just noticed that Mafia Mason is both explicitly Normal and explicitly non-Normal. Perhaps that needs fixing%u2026

Specific trumps general. It doesn't need fixing anyway because the intent is clear.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Tragedy »

You're a
Cotton Ball
Find the other cotton balls during the Day to win!
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:16 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 2646, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Specific trumps general. It doesn't need fixing anyway because the intent is clear.

This.

Also, I have no idea what you mean by compulsive townie or how that'd make sense.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:30 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Compulsive Townie...

Has to vote every Day?

Can't vote for No Lynch?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”