Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Fate »

I know, and if you had just hammered before that shit we we'd be clinking together victory glasses.

I realize is impossible to convince you I'm town because I'm so linked with Sera and personally the Backup to trackers that work differently isn't something
I
can't even parse.

I just want to know what the hell YOU would've done if you were in my shoes right now?

I know I'm town, I know Grey's scum. What the hell can I do to convince you but show you in and out that I'm town no matter what drugs Sera is on, and that is all that should matter for a Grey vote?

My biggest fear right now is that Sera IS bussing Grey, he'll flip scum, and then there;s not going to be anything I can do about it to turn it around. Not a damn thing.

So yeah, I'm depressed. I don't know how else you expect me to feel? I'm here, I've gone all out in terms of being 100% transparent, and I'm still useless when it comes to things that matter to me. If that isn't something to get depressed about that I don't know what there is.

All I know is that as scum, if for some reason I was being completely useless and through together a botched balls deep gambit at LyLo for no discernible reason, I wouldn't be depressed. I'd be angry at mod set-ups, buddies, whatever. I whine and shit, but I never feel LIKE shit.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Fate »

In post 1099, Zang wrote:This game isn't going anywhere and based on current events, I'm more likely to believe that seraphim is scum rather then grey.

Vote: Seraphim

Walp this is GG either way. If Sera flips town, lol gg.

If Sera flips scum you'll be auto-lynching me tomorrow.

But Zang's hammer should make it fucking clear he's not scum with me and Sera.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:36 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 3

Cogito Ergo Sum ( 0 )
(L - 5 )

Darox ( 0 )
(L - 5 )

GreyICE ( 3 ) Seraphim, Darox, Fate,
(L - 2 )

LLamarble ( 0 )
(L - 5 )

Fate ( 0 )
(L - 5 )

*** Seraphim ( 5 ) ***
GreyICE, LLamarble, SpyreX, Cogito Ergo Sum, Zang,
(L - 0 )

SpyreX ( 0 )
(L - 5 )

Zang ( 0 )
(L - 5 )

No Lynch ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 8 )
Needed to Lynch [ 5 ]

Deadline: 11:00am EDT on Friday, October 26th

Seraphim the Town Backup was Lynched

Night 4 Deadline is on Tuesday at 18:00 EDT
try to get those actions in quickly, please.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by zoraster »

Last edited by zoraster on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by Fate »

Are

you

fucking

what

the

fuck

is this shit

HUH

WHY DOES THIS SUFFERING

HAVE TO LAST FUCKING LONGER

OHOHOHOHO CES WAS SPACE TOWN WASNT HE?

CES WAS A FUCKING MILLER BUT NOOOOOO THCOP WASNT TELLING THE FUCKING TRUTH WAS HE?

FATE WAS POURING HIS FUCKING SOUL INTO THE THREAD BUT NOOOOOO LETS JUST SETUP SPECULATE?

FUCK YOU ALL EH

FUCK YOU ALL
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by Fate »

VOTE: GREYICE

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Fate »

LETS HAVE A NICE CHAT WHILE ZANG TAKES TEN FUCKING YEARS TO COME IN AND QUICKHAMMER FOR HIS TEAM AGAIN

GREYICE+ZANG REMIX

OH AND IM GOING TO LOSE TO THEM

AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH I SAY "LOL FUCK CES, FUCK SERAPHIM, FUCK THOSE CLOWNS"

GREY WILL ALWAYS HOLD THIS OVER ME

"HEHEHEHEHE I OUTSCUMMED YOUUUUU"

YOU USED RED TEXT AS SCUM

FUCK YOU COUCH YOU SHAMELESS FUCK
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by zoraster »

Okay. I miscalculated. I thought there was a way for town to get a draw.

Night 4 Results

Cogito Ergo Sum the Town Miller was killed

Endgame

Day 5: No lynch
Night 6:
SpyreX the Townie is killed

Day 6:
Fate the Town Bulletproof is lynched

Night 7: Mafia restock
Day 7:
Darox the Townie is lynched

WINNERS:

Zang the Mafia Tailor

GreyICE the Mafia Bulletproof

LLamarble the Mafia Roleblocker

Thoughts:

1. The trackers were exactly the same. Lurconis took a somewhat vague statement I made and mistook what it actually meant. It was a fair mistake to make. That said, putting two of the same role that work slightly different is something that seems like it’d make sense as a way to have two of the same role, but I’d probably give some reason to believe I was doing that first as it’s kind of a bastard move without some warning. You don’t really want two roles confirming each other on the basis of they’re the only ones who know how a tracker would work in that situation or whatever, though.

2. So obviously this setup was super role heavy. The main reason for this is that I wanted to maximize the chance for conflicts to occur, the premise behind the game. I felt I could get away with this in part because of Stoofer’s 3rd law, which is basically that at a certain point, more power roles end up doing more harm to town than good. I don’t know how much I believe that, but it is true that there is diminishing returns from each additional town role, especially when it comes to roles like trackers. The setup also created a lot more false readings, etc. than normally would happen. It made any action less certain. Additionally, night start serves to help scum a little (though with so many investigations, it’s not a HUGE help).

3. That said, if I had it to do over again, I would make two changes. First, I think the backup (who only had three cards: 2, 5, and 9) was overkill. I already had all this power in the game, I’m not sure that there was any purpose or need for a backup to remove swing – which is the best reason for a backup. Second, I would change some of the roles to work MORE with the mechanic. I think a tracker should have to beat WHATEVER it was supposed to track, for example, rather than just the night kill. The way it worked here meant that the conflict was really only with the nightkill, and that was too narrow a thing.

4. The mafia were given the fake claims of Watcher and Jailkeeper. Had town massclaimed D1 it would have given 4 investigative roles (cop, 2 trackers, watcher), 2 protective (doc+jk), 1 killing, 1 anti-town town role (miller), 1 or 2 BPs (I thought the Mafia BP might well fakeclaim as BP). Keeping in mind that in a 12p game of mafia (night start, remember) the town gets 3 mislynches, that’s still a fair proposition for scum.

5. The game certainly turned on a town error, but I think scum played tremendously. This is especially true of GreyICE who basically strong armed his way to victory in the final day. Town was in trouble at this point already, of course (Zang would have been hard to lynch), but it worked out well.

6. There were a few times where the mechanic came into play. The biggest was LLD’s Even Night Vig vs. the Roleblocker. The scum went all in on the roleblocker to block LLD.

7. I think I’d like to run the mechanic again, but with the changes above (though obviously different roles). I’d also make a few other changes: (a) I’d do an 18-22 player game (more roles but less of the chaos of this game); (b) I’d use the same number of cards; (c) I’d use quicker weeklong deadlines. I think the bigger game would suit it better. The more this game becomes about managing your cards for maximum effect, the better. With the game having only 13 players, it just doesn’t last long enough and the chance of dying at any time is large enough that spending all your cards quickly is the best bet in almost all situations. With more players and more played Days, it’d become more prudent to save some cards. One other thing I’d consider regarding that would be to allow double actions that work at half power, but that needs more thought.

8. A more minor story: I liked the idea of the Miller that actually had a chance of coming up innocent to the cop. It makes the role a LOT more interesting to me. I’m kind of off the regular miller, but yeah.

9. Anyway, I don’t know how you players felt about the game as I know it was crazy, but it was a blast to observe. Scum had some choice words about how town sided I made the game in their scum QT. I can’t entirely disagree, but I refer to points 2 and 4 in my defense. Yes, the game turned on a town error which was unfortunate, but I hope people still had fun and would like to try the game again.
Last edited by zoraster on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by zoraster »

Vanilla Townie Side Game!

Darox beats SpyreX, 27-22

Night Actions, etc. are a little complicated to show here, so here's a link to my spreadsheet. You can see night actions under the "Night Action" tab.

RGAM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTBeNA7fHQc
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I honestly had zero expectations the town had a backup.

Zero.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by zoraster »

I thought it was a clever way to put in a backup (he's less powerful than whatever role he's backing up, but he has versatility, and is at most a 3 shot backup), and that's what was my undoing. It was clever, so I sort of shoehorned it in when really it was unnecessary.

EDIT: Also, I'm on the wrong computer for the role PMs, but I'll put them up tomorrow.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Fate »

The trackers were exactly the same.

K

THIS GAME
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 1109, GreyICE wrote:I honestly had zero expectations the town had a backup.

Zero.

WORKED THE FUCK IN YOUR FAVOR DIDNT IT?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Llamarble »

We were completely sure Seraphim was the bulletproof fakeclaiming to draw an NK and you were covering for him.
That's why we were so earnest / sure we were right about you being OBVIOUS liars.
But we were wrong.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Fate I was actually rooting for our playerslot. Bummer.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Fate »

I literally did everything I could and more.

The only thing I didn't do was throw away all shame, beg, and promise SpyreX on the meta of our souls that I was town.

It wouldn't have mattered then anyway
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 1113, Llamarble wrote:We were completely sure Seraphim was the bulletproof fakeclaiming to draw an NK and you were covering for him.
That's why we were so earnest / sure we were right about you being OBVIOUS liars.
But we were wrong.

It was pretty OBVIOUS you were hoping the power was obscene and were scumplaining THE WHOLE FUCKING THREAD

But I guess

People are just blind
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I thought your play midway through the game was excellent, pretending not to be the bulletproof, and hoping to either draw a fakeclaim or a nightkill. I guess SpyreX was paranoid about losing to you.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I think the ending could have been played better. Interesting game all around. Day one was definitely a screw up.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by Fate »

Lurc's lynch was even worse.

CES how the hell did you not read me as town, how did you NOT read Grey as scum?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Llamarble »

We did run up 4 players D1 all of whom were town, so I feel like we deserved making a mislynch that day.
I don't dispute that I scumplained about the setup a lot.
The fact that I really didn't believe Fate or Sera helped a lot with attacking their claims.
Anyway, here's the scum
QT.

Dead QT please?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

I liked the miller role. Set-up seems balanced.

Fate wrote:CES how the hell did you not read me as town, how did you NOT read Grey as scum?

Because you were ignoring me? I tried to convince you I was town, but you just brushed me off.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Fate »

WHEN DO I EVEN READ YOU AS TOWN FUCKIGN CORRECTLY?

THATS MY GODDAMN TOWNTELL

YOU SHOULDA SAID

HAMMER: GREYICE

STILL NOT SCUM FATE IM CHEEKY LOL
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Fate and LLD both had pretty excellent reads.
I was indeed terrified LLD would vig me and roleblocked her on 55 N2.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I was a lurking machine this game. I think I posted almost twice as much in our QT as in thread and most of my inthread posting was during the mylo battle.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”