VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:11 am

Post by VitaminR »

Adele:
6 votes. 2 without reasoning at all.

Fuldu:
6 votes. I admit a lot of them are well-reasoned, but even he cast a badly-supported vote on Pie.

Nemesis:
4 votes here, but he hasn't used his vote at all today.

Pie_is_good:
7 votes! Another scum! Some good votes here in general, though.

Stevie:
5 votes. In
12 posts
! Not responded to questions regarding reasoning at all.

Thok:
6 votes. Stevie-vote without reasoning and a few votes that were stretching it Day 1.

TSAGod:
4 votes. None with reasoning after Day 1 except for a jump on the bertrand wagon Day 2.

Tyfo:
4 posts...

Looking at this 7 votes does not really stand out. Most have voted around 6 times and I am certainly not the one with the least reasoning behind his votes.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:11 am

Post by VitaminR »

Strange how I come up with different stats. Why does the amount of players matter?
Is this a scum tell? Voting different players?

Explain why please.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:45 am

Post by Fuldu »

VitaminR wrote:Strange how I come up with different stats. Why does the amount of players matter?
Is this a scum tell? Voting different players?

Explain why please.
Your numbers are the number of votes each person placed, whereas Coron's are the number of different people who were voted. So, for example, the fact that I voted bertrand on Day One, and then again on Day Two is counted as 1 by Coron and 2 by you.

Scum are less likely (on average) to be cautious in placing votes than town. They care far, far less about exactly who gets lynched than town do, at least if the town is playing well. So, a player who votes for many different people is more likely to be a bandwagon hopper without spending too much time worrying that they might be lynching someone important to them. Of course, the flip side of this behavior is that when someone who places a lot of votes on a lot of players does have a particular individual that they avoid voting, it can be highly informative.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:53 am

Post by VitaminR »

*sigh*

Fine.

I'm not a bandwagon hopper, I've played this game like I play every game. Even the certainty is something I always do.

I really don't get why I have 4 votes because of this, but apparently I am the only one.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:58 am

Post by VitaminR »

Here's a nice shiny claim:
Aelyn wrote:You're Fighter, the fighterest fighter in 8-Bit Theater. You want to help people, which is why you're a light warrior, and so is your bestest friend Black Mage. He's such a nice guy, you can't imagine what life would be like without him. If Black Mage gets lynched, and you're part of that lynch, you'll be so overcome with grief that you killed your besterest friend that you'll commit suicide.
Apparently this is the only thing people react to. I've left out my win conditions, because I'm hoping there is a Black Mage out there, though I doubt it's a red herring, who has a similar mechanic and I don't want to reveal too much.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:06 pm

Post by Fuldu »

VitaminR wrote:Here's a nice shiny claim:
Aelyn wrote:You're Fighter, the fighterest fighter in 8-Bit Theater. You want to help people, which is why you're a light warrior, and so is your bestest friend Black Mage. He's such a nice guy, you can't imagine what life would be like without him. If Black Mage gets lynched, and you're part of that lynch, you'll be so overcome with grief that you killed your besterest friend that you'll commit suicide.
Apparently this is the only thing people react to. I've left out my win conditions, because I'm hoping there is a Black Mage out there, though I doubt it's a red herring, who has a similar mechanic and I don't want to reveal too much.
Not to be too cynical, but with a role like that, wouldn't you want to curb your bandwagoning instincts? Just a bit of inconsistency, but enough so that I'm not immediately inclined to remove my vote.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:09 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I've joined three wagons in the game. I haven't bandwagoned excessively. Also, I haven't changed my playing style because I expect players to claim before they are lynched. I don't understand your reluctance at all.

I did ask Akonas this Day 1 because of my role, though:
VitaminR wrote:Oh.. and could you claim rolename, please?
I was pretty annoyed that he was speedlynched.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:10 pm

Post by Thok »

Vote VitaminR
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:11 pm

Post by VitaminR »

What??
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:14 pm

Post by Thok »

I want you dead. Hence my vote. That would be a lynch, correct?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:15 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Why, though? I can't think of anything that would lead you to vote me on my claim.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:15 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Ah! You're Black Mage! Bastard.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:17 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Okay, a quick run-down. I have no faith in this town, but I am not leaving without comment.

Scum:
Stevie
TSA

Possible 3rd Scum:
Fuldu
Adele

I'd say Fuldu.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:19 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Although I guess Thok could be scum with a nemesis.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:43 pm

Post by Aelyn »

The caption shifts in its now-familiar manner...
The Author, in a caption, wrote:VitaminR - 5 (StevieT92, Coron, Adele, Fuldu, Thok)
StevieT92 - 3 (VitaminR, Thok, Pie is Good)
Despite the growing gang of people massing around VitaminR and getting angry at him, he still seems oblivious to the threat to his life.

In fact, as far as you can tell, he's happy he's so popular.

"Look at me, guys! I'm Fighter! C'mon, surely you guys know I'm protown. Hey, anyone wanna check out my sword-fu?" he says, smiling innocently at everyone while drawing his two broadswords. Whcih seem to have chains attached to the bottom, and more broadswords attached to those... A guy could do some serious damage with those.

You step back warily, mindful of the truly lethal weapons he's holding, disarmed by his smile.

Thok quickly steps forward, uttering the words you're all thinking.

"For God's sake, why is he still alive? He's bloody annoying. Seriously, what's with him? He won't shut up about his sword-chucks, and God knows he's not smart enough to be much help to the town here. Ass."

Hang on, that's not what you were thinking.

With that, Thok raises his arms, and a familiar blue glow appears...

VitaminR, Fighter
, Townie Townie, 8-Bit Theater has been Hadoken'd off the face of 1/0.

Knowing Fighter, there's still about an 85% chance he's alive, but he's not gonna be any help. For all intents and purposes, he's now dead.

It is now
Night Four
. Please send in night choices ASAP.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:55 pm

Post by Aelyn »

As day dawns on 1/0's canvas, you all yawn loudly as you awake.

Suddenly, one of you screams loudly and points up to the sky, where you see Pie_is_Good floating upwards, his beautiful angel wings spread wide as he ascends to the heavens...

Oh. Wait, that's not a problem. You recognize the rougish Rumisiel, apparently going for his morning fly to clear his head.

Calmed, you walk around the nearby hill, where you see Pie_is_Good's body.

"Well, DUH!" you hear him shout from the heavens. "Where do you think I got this HARP and HALO from? Seriously, who likes halos anyway? Give me an electric guitar any day..."

Well, that's Rumisiel for you, I guess. He must be pissed off at the idea of getting those disapproving glowers from his old bosses soon...

Pie_is_Good, Rumisiel
, Townie Roleblocker, Misfile is dead.

It is now
Day
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:30 pm

Post by Thok »

So I targeted Nemesis last night. He's male (which is consistent with his Martin Reed claim).
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:17 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Am I the only who's trying to count Thok's ostensible win conditions and coming up with more than two?

1. Avoid sleeping with women
2. Kill Fighter
3. Win with town

Overall, I'm more suspicious of Stewie, but I wouldn't mind having this explained.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:18 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Bah, Stevie, not Stewie.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:41 am

Post by Nemesis »

Am I the only who's trying to count Thok's ostensible win conditions and coming up with more than two?
He lied. The blackmage never wants to change his ways.

That lynch was funny as hell though. Congrats on getting your major.

Now, lynch all liars isn't usually a bad idea... But I'd like us to think about this as there can't be many scum left. Aelyn kind of confirmed you as the blackmage...
So I targeted Nemesis last night. He's male (which is consistent with his Martin Reed claim).
I am one of the few who have claimed and can understand you doing that. But IMO there wasn't really a huge need to do that as when I came out I came out by saying someone wasn't clear scum or town. There's no way scum would have known the identity of the SK so I don't think there was much chance of me being scum... But then again, I'm me so I don't see how you guys can look at it.

I got another innocent btw.

Although I'm starting to worry about the Godfather, assuming there is one, slipping into my "innocents" I have got 4 innocents out of 7. (Counting myself as an innocent.)

Adele
Coron
Fuldu
Nemesis
StevieT92
Thok
TSAGod

The way I see it, as long as I havn't hit the GF I have the majority as innocents... But I think we must also by at LYLO today. I ask you to be careful with voting. Everyone's thoughts and opinions?
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:05 am

Post by StevieT92 »

Hmm...I'm not sure. We may need to mass claim, but if we do lynch a mafia today, that might not be good later. But, if it seems like that's the only thing we can do to catch a scum, then we should. It's probably Lynch or Lose.
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:35 am

Post by TSAGod »

StevieT92 wrote:Hmm...I'm not sure. We may need to mass claim, but if we do lynch a mafia today, that might not be good later. But, if it seems like that's the only thing we can do to catch a scum, then we should. It's probably Lynch or Lose.
How is not lynching a mafia good? Or how is lynching mafia bad? WTF?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:15 am

Post by Thok »

Fuldu wrote:Am I the only who's trying to count Thok's ostensible win conditions and coming up with more than two?

1. Avoid sleeping with women
2. Kill Fighter
3. Win with town

Overall, I'm more suspicious of Stewie, but I wouldn't mind having this explained.
Why would I want to avoid sleeping with women? White Mage is hawt!

Incidentally, having gotten my Major, I'm willing to start discussing trading my minor victory condition for other people's major victory condition.

Nemesis, with that many innocens you might as well release them to the public.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:59 am

Post by Nemesis »

I think best time to do that would be after both a mass claim and a quick couple of suspions voiced. I'd like to wait until then assuming both things will happen today.

But if the majority of people want me to reveal them then I will. But I cannot garantee I didn't investigate the GF, so I still think claims are needed and as well as everything else. IMO clearing people shouldn't be done at the start of a potential last day.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”