Verbose Mafia 2 - Post or Perish (Game Over)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:54 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

Seol: 3 (petroleumjelly, Thok, VitaminR)
Tamuz: 1 (SpamWise)
Werebear: 1 (mikeburnfire)

Players Nominated: Commodore Amazing, Fiasco, Seol, Tamuz, VitaminR, Werebear
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:05 pm

Post by Werebear »

I'm afraid I've had a narrower focus than I really should have, so hopefully tomorrow I'm going to go back and see what the hullabaloo about Seol is. And... traditionally, in situations like there, there are no investigative roles?? I've never read about a situation like this, much less been in one, and I'd like to know what I'm supposed to expect.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:47 pm

Post by Thok »

I'm just checkng for the moment. Perhaps I should include more content in this post, but I'm not sure what anybody else wants to hear from me (or others). I can recognize that some people may be erratic in giving their thoughts this time of year. But I would at least see people express whom they would like to vote for, or at least give a reason for choosing not to vote.

Vacant Marmots like Verbose Mafia.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:23 pm

Post by SpamWise »

It appears that the lack of conversation coincides with the traditional holiday of "Easter." I...I am happy with my vote for Tamuz. I ask that you take a look at his posts, and try and put in words what is wrong with them. They just feel wrong to me. I am very likely wrong myself, but my gut feeling says clock Tamuz. I don't know if I can convince you that I am right, or if anyone can convince me that I am wrong. Wrong, what an odd word.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:51 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Seol is the right lynch for today. His claim is weak and bland and his play hasn't been stellar by any standard. I see little reason not to lynch him. I really think he's scum. It'd also give us valuable information concerning CA and his list(ie. the validity of the list, possible motives of CA).

vote: Seol
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:11 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

"Not much to say at the moment besides what I have already said. Reasons for a Seol lynch have already been stated. Although I do wish Seol would get back over here and posts what he thinks.

"Thok, my dear, can you perhaps explain how Pooky knew that your posting restriction was not related to animals, even though he was a Serial Killer and could not have known such a thing? I find that highly curious, although I am not quite sure what to think of it.

"And also, how is it the town has come to have so many extra posting restrictions of late? These were not apparent early on in the game (excepting for when Adele forced words into DGB's mouth), and I cannot see a reason for why they would only be showing up now as opposed to earlier."
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:12 am

Post by Fritzler »

Sorry, i won't be able to give you awesome advice today either. the reason for that is a forensics tournament. Sorry about that. I hope you guys have fun. Will you do that? Thanks a lot.
Surfs up dude.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:00 am

Post by Thok »

PJ, Pooky was Darren Brown. Darren Brown, in addition to his SK powres, could likely use his mental abilities to read minds and determine information about the various guests. Perhaps he even had additional infomration about me that he chose not to disclose for some reason.

Or perhaps he just made a lucky guess. It could happen. Are you really accusing me of being in league with the serial kiler (who theoretically acts alone?)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:10 am

Post by VitaminR »

I am really just CHECKING in with this post. I am satisfied with my vote. I don't think there is much to discuss there.

I'm not sure what to think of Pooky's ability, but with the amount of information he indicated he was in possession of I think there is only one logical conclusion. It was a role-related ability.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:08 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I am also just CHECKING in, as seems to be the norm as of late. I have no qualms with a Seol lynch, but still feel strongly in favor of a Werebear lynch. Whichever you decide works for me. Don't beat around the bush. Don't worry, be happy! Don't be camera shy!

Happy egg hunting, everyone.

Kermit killed Miss Piggy.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:14 am

Post by SpamWise »

We're two days away from a deadline. Seol is only three votes away from being lynched, if I count correctly. He's probably the safest lynch today. He just doesn't read scum to me. Maybe that's because he's hidden himself well or whatever, but I just need to be convinced more.

Hmm, hmm.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:17 am

Post by Fiasco »

Etruscan Centaurs like Entropy Cops.

Why didn't Seol investigate claimed mason? Three in one. (Two known then.)

Mike, explain "more restrictions" in your "number five". Appears mendacious!

More mason doubts; expound tomorrow.

Sutch claim actually expected of VitaminR, methinks. Restriction not known real; also, proves not identity. Masons same.
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:42 pm

Post by Werebear »

I can understand mike's desire to see my lynched. Since after all I am - or rather I was - trying desperately to get the town to doubt the SATANIC masons. And also because his last post smelled worse than a week-dead whale that took a dump as it gasped its last. But one would hope that he could see - even on the off chance he actually is on the town's side - that what I'm doing is not personal, and his foundless retaliation is actually kind of silly.

I'm not going to say much more - I'm awfully tired, almost as tired as when my 4-year-old daughter got her tonsils out on the Friday before Easter, and was up every hour during the night crying and screaming and saying she hated her medicine's taste and her throat hurt. Gee, that seems like last night. Yep. All I remember thinking was "It's going to be a long Easter weekend".... *yawn*

(let's hope it's healed enough tonight, shall we? It's going to be a long Easter weekend.)
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:52 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Commodore Amazing, it would help with the "brainstorming" if you shared what you know about the caesars, e.g. how many there are in the group of us. (You have already claimed knowledge of this number in prior speeches.) And until we've ascertained for certain whether Lee was town or otherwise, no one's voting record with it is ironclad.

Here's something. Quoth Seol, in reference to why he had been pushing for the lynch of our Cyrano de Bergerac: "I am loath to use nameclaims, or the plausibility thereof, as any sort of assessment of innocence/guilt." Fine. But funnily enough, he changed his tune for VitaminR. Oh no, Screaming Lord Sutch was "eminently plausible." There are exactly three people who are on the potentialy good hanging list, and Seol and VitaminR are two of them. Coincidence?

There were some things that hinted at other interaction among Seol, Fiasco and VitaminR, but I need a much more involved reread, which looms as an ever more daunting task, if I'm to tease out those threads. For now I will just cast a vote, but I could easily be swayed to any of the other two. I'd also appreciate some detailed synopses of the arguments for Tamuz and Werebear; right now I don't feel those bandwagons at all, though I disagree with Werebear on the mason situation, which I am inclined to take on the masons' word pending evidence to the contrary.

Vote: Seol
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:53 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Werebear, your derogatory insults towards my recent posts enrages me. You're the smelly whale fart. My posts contain information I feel is relevent and/or beneficial to the situation. I defy you to point out where my logic has been corrupted or ill-conceived. DEFY YOU.

I did not nominate you because you kept your mind open to the possibility that we three masons are lying scum. I nominated you because you 'gave up', or so you said. If you give up on playing, then you are dead weight. That was my initial reasons for putting you on the block. Then you insult my ability to make arguments and, instead of disproving my point, you meerly called them 'a load of crap'. I cannot find any reason behind your accusations, which is why you received my vote, despite Seol being the obvious choice for the day.

Fiasco, just.... wait until tomorrow. I honestly cannot understand what you are addressing with your choppy English. It obviously has something to do with the mason claims, and you're not the only person who is suspicious apparently. But since we're not on the block tonight, attempt to divert your energy into deciding which candidate is best. If you can vote, I encourage it.

Saggy Sack.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:56 pm

Post by SpamWise »

We are two days away from our deadline. I feel that I have no choice but to vote for Seol. Unfortunately he has not made much of a defence for himself. We are fortunate in that (at least in my opinion) only positives can come from his death. If he has been honest, then we have confirmed Commodore Amazing, if he is scum then all the more better for the town.

Also, do Fiasco and Thok have the same restriction? Or a similiar restriction?
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:59 pm

Post by SpamWise »

It appears I forgot to vote. Oh deary deary me. So I shall do so now. I would rather not though, but I believe it would be in the town's interest. Also I just noticed that we are actually only one day away from our host's dead-line.

unvote:Tamuz

Vote:Seol
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:06 pm

Post by Thok »

I believ that our restrictions are quite different in natyre. I have no limit on the number of words or sentences in my post, while Fiasco claims to be limited to a certain number of words. I'm not sure why Fiasco doesn't just post more frequently to geet around the restriction. (In fact, I'm surprised nobody has brought up this suggestion, as it would help us from going beserk when trying to read Fiasco's posts.)

My additional restriction is very light. I must simply make a mistake each time I comment by writing a word incorrectly. I'm pretty sure I will only have to deal with this today.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:14 pm

Post by SpamWise »

It was just your "Vacant Marmots like Verbose Mafia" and Fiasco's "Etruscan Centaurs like Entropy Cops." that made me wonder. Fiasco really earned the scorn of someone powerful didn't he? Such powerful restrictions. Restrictions like that would probably be very hard to "earn", if that's the right term. I wonder if anyone has worked out my restriction?
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:01 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

Seol: 6 (Cogito Ergo Sum, petroleumjelly, SpamWise, the silent speaker, Thok, VitaminR)
Werebear: 1 (mikeburnfire)

Players Nominated: Commodore Amazing, Fiasco, Seol, Tamuz, VitaminR, Werebear

Mod Note:
Deadline for Day is in approximately 24 hours.

Commodore Amazing and Tamuz have not posted in the fifth real-time "day" of the game Day, and have therefore used their "miss".

Seol has not posted in the fifth real-time "day" of the game Day, and is in danger of replacement.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:04 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Ok, Mike, the right lynch is Seol. We can worry about Werebear another day. You can finish the job and we'll hopefully nab scum. Let's punish him for his inability to come up with a decent fake claim.

We can do this thing.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:56 am

Post by Fiasco »

Again: fifty
daily
, not postly. Last post. Cannot vote anyway. Long explanations tomorrow. Seol lynch seems OK.

Mike: failed "gg". Unpunished. Strange.

Cogito: if "ay" restriction unreal, please violate it clearly, repeatedly
today

(astronomy? ethology? theology? et tu, commodore? et tu, tamuz? et tu, seol? et tu, scooby doo? poo!)
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:29 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

"Fiasco, my dear, Sister Gabriella Gregarious has not failed her 'gg' restriction today. Please review each of her speakings today more carefully. In order, she has said 'shaggy dog', 'cheers and snuggles', 'rubber babbie buggie bumpers', 'foggy tophats', 'viscious piggy', 'goggles the mole', 'giggity giggity goo', 'eggs', 'kermit killed miss piggy', and 'saggy sack'.

"Further, Sister Grace Voluble does not have an "ay" restriction: why would she then post SATAN every day? Unless you believe she has two restrictions, you are being unreasonable.

"And where is Seol? His absence from the island disturbs me."
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:53 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Understood Cogito. No regrets upon this lynch.

Fiasco: I was not unpunished for missing my restriction in two days. I must be overtly verbose today, just as I was yesterday. Moreso than ususal. Such is my punishment. And are you insisting that Cogito is trying to fake a restriction? Because saying words with 'ay' in them is very common, and we have all done it. Besides, he has made several posts without such a suffix.

Unvote, Vote Seol

Suggest.

Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:44 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I really do not support this notion of lynching Seol anymore. In the beggining I felt he was totally a safer, or more informative lynch than some of our other candidates. However, after actions that have happened, especially the LML lynch I have felt Seol is not a strong lynch, at least in comparison to our dear Lord SUTCH who I think is the lynch to make. I know I have very little support with this, but I am going to stick by it.

As to the Werebear and Tamuz issue... I believe there was a statement made at somepoint that there is a high probability of one of us being scum. I know it isn't me, so by deductive reasoning it should be Werebear. I don't really follow this that strongly, but I know at some point it will probably be addressed in full view of the town. We shall see at that point, which isn't today.

And to Mikeburnfire, calm down, your explosions at any hint of not trusting the masonry are ridiculous. Walk in our shoes, letting you run scott free through the fields of daisies could be a potential concession of our lives. Nobody wants that. Rather than flipping and laying shits, how about you work to clear your name by finding scum, since textually you cannot prove it, although you can of course lend strength to the arguement of your innocence. Strength, but not complete assurance.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”