Mini 304: This is NOT Any Kind of Mafia (Mod Abandoned)

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:31 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

If you didn't like the idea of the claim, then why didn't you say so in post 205?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:07 pm

Post by Adele »

Well, I said that I was lost and I didn't like that, but frankly I wasn't expecting people to dive in the shallow end as they did.
It went:
post 203 >suggestion for mass claim
post 204 >query about what good mass claim would be
post 205 >my general sulk post (I wasn't really "with it" that day)
post 206 >mass claim started

WTF? Uncool. So if you don't protest quite quick enough (note how many folk didn't post at all between the suggestion and the beginning) then your opinion's worthless? I don't like what happened there
at all

um... ta, Rajrhcpfreak :D
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:44 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Adele:
I hate to ask for this this blindly, but trust me for now. I will explain more in or near twilight.

micigante’s replacement:
Still want to make sure: are you TLB or non-TLB?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:03 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Adele wrote:Well, I said that I was lost and I didn't like that, but frankly I wasn't expecting people to dive in the shallow end as they did.
It went:
post 203 >suggestion for mass claim
post 204 >query about what good mass claim would be
post 205 >my general sulk post (I wasn't really "with it" that day)
post 206 >mass claim started

WTF? Uncool. So if you don't protest quite quick enough (note how many folk didn't post at all between the suggestion and the beginning) then your opinion's worthless? I don't like what happened there
at all

um... ta, Rajrhcpfreak :D
(shrug) The problem was that many people (including me) had already more-or-less name-claimed, so people didn't see any problem in confriming their names.

But I would like to hear exactally why the claim was a good idea. I hope that explination is a good one.
ryanjunk
ryanjunk
Goon
ryanjunk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:46 am

Post by ryanjunk »

Just for the record, I'm against any kind of mass claim. It's interesting to note all this TLB stuff. Now that we have people claiming to be pro-town, but not TLB, Tamuz doesn't necessarily look quite as scummy. He's still at the top of my suspicion list, so I'm keeping my
Vote: Tamuz
but I don't really know what to think at this point. That Adele was told that TLB might be important words is interesting. I tend to agree that all the town being TLB would make the setup just a bit too easy, so I'm inclined to believe Adele. I'm also inclined to
FoS: EmpTyger
for being a bit too jumpy when I first claimed my name. Although I'd be a bit jumpy too if someone else claimed my exact rolename, and it was a slightly odd one as well. But, that plus his "Just blindly trust me, OK" puts an FoS on him, in my opinion.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:20 am

Post by VitaminR »

Yosarian2 wrote:
EmpTyger wrote:Drummer:
Vote: Drummer
. Replacing my pre-TLB-hullabaloo vote on you. And furthermore, ryan is absolutely the wrong lynch, because he *cannot* be mafia- there’s no way that he’d claim LTB with his comafia *also* TLB. The instant one of them died, ryan would be exposed; from his point of view, he had no way of knowing that protowns would also be TLB. And anyway, I personally don’t care for lynching vanillas D1 for the sake of being vanilla.
It is possible the mafia was told that everyone was going to be named TLB as sort of a safe claim (it would stink to claim one thing and only later find out everyone else was named TLB) but Ryan's claim dosn't quite feel like "Oh, don't lynch me, I've got a safe claim!" kind of claim. I don't think ryan is at all cleared, but I'm willing to wait on that until we get a little more information, like what the mafia's rolenames are and such.
Although I'd like to pursue ryanjunk (especially with his recent 180 on how likely town-TLB/scum non-TLB is), I do agree with this.

Unvote: ryanjunk
ryanjunk
ryanjunk
Goon
ryanjunk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:56 am

Post by ryanjunk »

Yeah, I thought a little bit about it over the last couple of days, and I just started to agree with whoever said that it'd make the setup a bit too easy. It's a 180 I admit, but it just makes sense now that I rethink it. Hence the 180.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:13 am

Post by Drummer »

Unvote:Ryanjunk

The way he said it really does come across as sincere. That is, he didn't expect others to have the same role. But like you guys said, possible pre-game info could have been given out.

In other news:

I don't really see a huge problem with claiming
names
. But in retrospect, it probably didn't do any good. I just thought that people ought to believe that his name claim wasn't bull. That seems like the reason other people did it too.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:32 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

EmpTyger wrote:Adele:
I hate to ask for this this blindly, but trust me for now. I will explain more in or near twilight.

micigante’s replacement:
Still want to make sure: are you TLB or non-TLB?
I'm not sure if anyone has not claimed TLB or not TLB yet, but anyone who hasn't claimed yet, I don't know if you should without more of an explination from Emp.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:06 pm

Post by Bacde »

I haven't yet, although if you were to look over my (regrettably few) posts I'm sure you could guess whether or not my name is TLB or not.

Unvote
I don't find Adele scummy.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:38 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

To those thinking that the mafia might have been given TLB as a safe claim:
Why on earth would the mod do that in *this* game?

By the dawn of Day 2 they’d know what was afoot either way, from the corpses. So they’d have a safe claim by then at the latest; and more likely sooner, as shown by what happened in the first bandwagon today. So would the mod, in *this* game, ruin his little prank by cluing the mafia in to it just to give the mafia such a minuscule short-term benefit? It makes no sense.

Yosarian:
I knew that a non-TLB role existed before one was called out. (Well, honestly, I strongly suspected; I was half-wondering whether the mod had set up a personal surprise in all this.) But it would be counterproductive for me to say more just yet. So I’m not going to, until I feel it is right. Just like I said as much as I did when I did.

I am only doublechecking about micigante because I wanted to make sure that Adele wasn’t playing the odds with only one left to indicate. [nice try, Bacde]

(As for what you said earlier, I don’t think it’s relevant…)
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:29 am

Post by JechtMurray »

It is possible that the non-TLB role does not exist in this game. Mentioning it before it is claimed might give scum a potential safe claim for later. I think that at best, the second name's various parts should be used to confirm people who say they are TLB.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:53 am

Post by Adele »

JechtMurray wrote:It is possible that the non-TLB role does not exist in this game.
No, I am non-TLB.

Unless you guys are talking about a
particular
non-TLB role that I don't have...

When are we gonna get back to playing the game and, like, get less confusing?
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:06 am

Post by VitaminR »

VitaminR wrote:
cropcircles wrote:Because I'm reading ryan as town, and I'm not feeling Vit's reasons for voting.
Could you expand on this a bit more?
I'd still like to get an answer to this.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:22 am

Post by JechtMurray »

Adele wrote: Unless you guys are talking about a
particular
Yes.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:21 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Adele [237] wrote:<snip>When are we gonna get back to playing the game and, like, get less confusing?
This game? I doubt *that's* going to have. In any case, I still have a vote on Drummer I like.

Jecht:
JechtMurray [239] wrote:
Adele wrote: Unless you guys are talking about a
particular
Yes.
Erm... are we talking about the same thing? (Either way, you probably shouldn't answer this. But keep it in mind.)
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:10 am

Post by JechtMurray »

I *know* that is a certain other *role* in the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

EmpTyger wrote:So would the mod, in *this* game, ruin his little prank by cluing the mafia in to it just to give the mafia such a minuscule short-term benefit? It makes no sense.
There's no reason the mod wouldn't tell the scum "Oh, and by the way, here is one safe claim: feel free to claim "taco liberty bell"" without telling them anything more. In fact, I would expect it, or something like it; no reason for the mod's april fool's joke to randomally kill a scum just because he didn't know about it.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:02 am

Post by Drummer »

I have to say that all this stuff is fun, yet ultimately, it's not going anywhere. Not to say that it shouldn't be discussed, but that we shouldn't lose focus on the actual scum-finding aspect.

I also have to agree with EmpTyger's logic about the pre-game info issue or whatever. 'Course, like he said, look at the name of the game. Who knows?

Let's see...it might be odd, but I find those that don't claim TLB to be good bets for townie. If I were scum, I'd likely go with the TLB claim just to blend in. Heh, that's an ironic statement, considering how I DID name-claim after others had.

The problem with all these logical arguments and thoughts about what the mod would or wouldn't do: It's easy. That's why I'm having trouble figuring out who the scum are. Logic about the mod's game setup is a simple thing to talk about. So I'm gonna check back a few pages before all this started and review posts, especially those of Bacde's. I am getting a few vague scents from his posts.

Give me a minute................................................

Okay, just like Bacde said for himself, there aren't many posts. Uh, 8 is the total. And I'm getting very little content from them. Perhaps he's trying to fly under the radar. Lots of speculation on other people, and eventually an unvote from Adele, his original random(I assumed) vote. Low flying, if you ask me. Coupled with the fact that he only posts every two to three days. Maybe I'm reading it all wrong, but it looks like an OK place for a vote at the moment.
Vote:Bacde.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:40 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I think we need to forget the TLB stuff for now... we are getting too wrapped up and such in it. (I myself am guilty, hence I haven't posted something lately). I'm mainly checking in here in this post and I'll admit it, but yes what people say needs to be looked at again, not their generic flavour claim.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:10 am

Post by cropcircles »

Much apologies, but I'm really only going to be able to do this game justice by stepping down and letting someone else play.

Mod, can I get a replacement?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Alright, let's put this discussion about rolenames and such on hold for the moment and go back to hunting scum.

vote:raj

I was suspicious of him earlier this game, for the illogical vote on vitimanR, and now he's just lurking; he made one joke post on Wednesday, and before that he hadn't posted since last Thursday.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:41 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

ok yes ive been lurking its easter weekend. and i am sticking to my vote right now.

note: ill keep watch on all my games but between april 17-24 im going ot be running around crazy with architecture and early finals.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:19 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Tamuz:
It’s Day 1, in a game starting in daytime: I’m not sure discussion about flavor should be quickly dismissed as irrelevant. Though to be honest, I have nothing besides that at the moment other than my feelings about Drummer. I’ll do a reread later and see if I find anything else.

Yosarian:
I really have an odd feeling about how discouraging you have been about the TLB issue. You seem awfully sure that it can’t be helpful for the town. At the very least I would like an explanation for why you referred to LTB rather than TLB in [197].
Yosarian2 [242] wrote:<snip>There's no reason the mod wouldn't tell the scum "Oh, and by the way, here is one safe claim: feel free to claim "taco liberty bell"" without telling them anything more. In fact, I would expect it, or something like it; no reason for the mod's april fool's joke to randomally kill a scum just because he didn't know about it.
Just so I understand: you were thinking that the mafia aren’t TLB, but were given that as a safe claim?
ryanjunk
ryanjunk
Goon
ryanjunk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:06 am

Post by ryanjunk »

I personally think that so far, the TLB issue, and more particularly people's responses to it, are all we have to go on. I've been away from the game this weekend, so I'll look over again and make a real post, but I think EmpTyger has a point that we should look at people who are trying to distract from TLB...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”