Verbose Mafia 2 - Post or Perish (Game Over)

SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:31 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Why are players nominating Werebear and Tamuz? They are already going to be on the lynching block. When it comes time to vote however, my vote will most likely be towards Tamuz. I have my suspicions about what Werebear might be, and if I am correct he is a valuable asset to the town. There is a great possibility I am mistaken however.

What interests me however is why Seol chose to use his one and only ability on Commodore Amazing, someone who in my opinion had been relatively cleared. So tell me Seol, why did you choose CA? If I recall correctly it you attacked him earlier on, but my memory is quite foggy. So did you revisit your suspicions, if they did or do exist, or was there another reason?

Even so, why did you not choose someone who still had a fog of illusion around them, like myself or Werebear. Or even someone who was likely to be tested today, like Screaming Lord Sutch or Gallileo Gallilei. You yourself cited the "uninformed majority vs informed minority", why was it that you did not take steps to rectify this problem?

That, that is all for now.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:50 am

Post by Werebear »

The satanic "masons" are NOT CONFIRMED IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM IN MY EYES. They smell like scum to me, and have since they started fumbling around trying to justify why one of them is spelling out Satan's name in posts.

mikeburnfire, your little speech only makes me want to take the torch back up. "There's no need to confirm US! We should be finding scum! The masons are an unfallable force! Let's make a joke then nominate you!" My advice to you, mike, would be to let the SATANIC "masons" who
SOUND
convincing do the arguing. That speech was a load of crap that just made you guys look worse, which is amazing, because quite honestly I didn't think you could.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:46 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Nomination Count:

Seol: 7 (Cogito Ergo Sum, mikeburnfire, petroleumjelly, SpamWise, the silent speaker, Thok, VitaminR)
Fiasco: 4 (Commodore Amazing, petroleumjelly, Seol, the silent speaker)
VitaminR: 3 (Seol, Tamuz, the silent speaker)
the silent speaker: 1 (mikeburnfire)

Commodore Amazing: Automatic
Tamuz: Automatic
Werebear: Automatic

Mod Note:
Deadline for Nominations is in approximately 6 hours.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:19 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

I'm mostly just checking in here.

the silent speaker, I have already said my piece on the caesars. I told you that there are zero caesars in the group I mentioned, and I didn't get any other indication of what that meant. I'm trying to brainstorm with you about what the caesars could be.

I'm really not feeling this Seol bandwagon at the moment. If you reread the Lee lynch, Seol looks very good in it. Why is it that I'm the only one analyzing vote patterns? I'm sure Werebear would be interested to know that the masons come off looking pretty bad around the Lee lynch. But then, so do I. It makes sense, since they would have been most inclined to believe the NAGH list.

Fiasco and VitaminR seem like the best lynches to me, although it wouldn't break my heart if Seol died and I was confirmed. Or, even better, lynching Seol and seeing him turn up scum.

Was it written anywhere that DrippingGoofball was innocent in the death scene? I didn't read that. And I'd like to start thinking about mass claim tomorrow. I'm still not sure Lee was scum.

Nominate: VitaminR
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:34 am

Post by Werebear »

Oh, One other thought occurs to me. Does anyone remember the cult option "recruit or kill"? I do. It's been a while since I've seen it. However, if there's a cult, and a large group of non-kills at night, that could be a very good explanation.

Not that I'm mentioning this or anything. I've stopped. Remember?
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:18 am

Post by VitaminR »

Tamuz and the silent speaker, there does not seem to be much I can do about the reasons for suspecting me. I've offered to outline the rather specific hints I've left, but I doubt that will change anyone's mind. The offer is still out there, though.

I still like a Seol lynch. There does not seem to be much else to add at this point.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:19 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Werebear, Werebear, I don't mind your accusations all that much, but I do believe we've proven that we're definitely not a cult. We've dropped early hints, so you can't deny that we've had the same alignment since the beginning, aka not a cult.

Seol, it's not just your claim, although it
is
weak and bland, it's also your behaviour on the Adele-lynch. It doesn't sit right with me.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:22 am

Post by VitaminR »

Great, I FORGOT to SCREAM. That means I need a vote tomorrow, because I suppose I can't COMPENSATE like this right away. Absent-mindedness is a blessing.

Getting so much attention is great, though. If only I could have had this much support for my campaigns.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:26 am

Post by Fritzler »

Again, this si me checking up. Obi-Wan Kenobi does not have anything to add right now. Do you guys think we could get the scum to throw each other under the bus? I agree with most of what werebear has said. May the force be with you.
Surfs up dude.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:01 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Nomination Count:

Seol: 7 (Cogito Ergo Sum, mikeburnfire, petroleumjelly, SpamWise, the silent speaker, Thok, VitaminR)
Fiasco: 4 (Commodore Amazing, petroleumjelly, Seol, the silent speaker)
VitaminR: 4 (Commodore Amazing, Seol, Tamuz, the silent speaker)

the silent speaker: 1 (mikeburnfire)

Commodore Amazing: Automatic
Tamuz: Automatic
Werebear: Automatic
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:02 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

The Block

The guests and their captors continue along a path. They do nothing of interest. They say nothing of interest. It's time for voting.

Mod Note:
The following players are on the "lynching block", and are thus eligible for votes: Commodore Amazing, Fiasco, Seol, Tamuz, VitaminR, Werebear.
7 votes are necessary at the end of the Day (Monday, 8pm GMT).
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:04 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Werebear, I will not be silent just because I'm not good at defending myself. I feel I've made good arguments thus far, though. We are not scum. I cannot force you to see that, and I can't fault you for being paranoid under such circumstances, but we have given plenty of evidence to suggest we are not mafia. If we have an investigative role among us, then I encourage them to investigate one of us (if they haven't done so already) so that all three of us can be confirmed if we are placed on the voting block. And as Cogito has pointed out, we cannot be a cult because I placed PJ and Cogito's names in my words early on.

Also, I didn't make a joke to nominate you. If you really are giving up, then you're of no more use to us.

Eggs.

Vote: Werebear
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:40 pm

Post by SpamWise »

I do not believe Werebear is scum. Looking at his posts I think I have a good idea as to what he might be. Of course I could be wrong, but I just do not feel that he is scum.

Mikeburnfire, you and Cogito made some terrible mistakes yesterday, and today. Werebear is nominating you not because of your claim, but because of the content of your posts. Were you not uncontested masons, my vote would most likely be towards you as well. A lot of your defence boils down to Wifom, and generalisations of the way scum and masons would typically play. Which is what Werebear sees wrong with your posts.

And my vote will go towards Tamuz. His posts to me seem hollow. I can't quite put my finger on it, but my gut instincts tell me this is so.

Vote:Tamuz
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:49 pm

Post by Thok »

I sometimes find this game quite screwy. We spend trhee days deciding that Seol is a good candidate for a lynch, (as he will help us assess CA's list) and then we promptly vote for two other people.

Maybe I'm being foolish, but I'd like us to be a bit consistent.

(I do recognize that one quite verbose person once commented on a foolish consistency being the hobgoblish of a little mind, but I disdain that opinion.)

(I also realize that by that logic I should have died yesterday after being the leading nominee at the end of nominations. In my mind, that just means that people were wrong to nominate me yesterday.)

(This parenthetical comment is just so I have a third parenthetical comment.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:53 pm

Post by Thok »

Silly me, I forgot to place my vote before posting. This post is mainly to rectify this situation.

(I will add that I feel like we can trust the masons for at least one more day. I will also observe that if Seol truly was suspicious of the masons, he could have chosen to investigate them. Finally, I might be willing to switch to Commodore Amazing if necessary, since the logic for lynching him is roughly the same as the logic for lynching Seol.)

Vote: Seol
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

"Well, I wasn't impressed with Seol yesterday, and I'm not impressed with him today. His claim of Perry Mason seems weak to me. His claim of a One-Shot investigation (which he chose to use on Commodore Amazing, for whatever reason) is weak, and as it turns out, is generally unhelpful.

"Either way, Seol is 'confirming' the very person who has Seol on the effective 'good hanging' list.

"And Werebear, my dear, you are indeed a strange one." PetroleumJelly pats his paw, attempting to alleviate him of his consternation over the Masons.

"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:57 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Sadly I will be disappearing for the next 48 hours, I have a very important track meet this weekend and I cannot find internet access there.

Yes, oh my god this really sucks. Like it REALLY sucks but there is little I can do about it. I'm wondering about the assault upon me, how so are my posts always played to whatever the town wants to hear, or empty and fluffy. I suppose I can address that, but later. Along with the Tamuz or Werebear decision that seems to loom over us. I urge that to not be considered strongly until later.

As of now, I will put no vote out there, but as of now Vitamin R is the man I would vote for.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:02 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I still SUPPORT a Seol lynch. I will place my vote accordingly. I do not think there is much that will sway me from this position. The claim is not particularly strong and the CA investigation was fairly useless. I will now go play guitar. I realise some of you may not be interested in this information, but I felt the need to share.

Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:41 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

I find it very hard to believe that Seol is scum. He came off very well after the LoudmouthLee lynch. People seem to be ignoring this.

I understand that Seol has confirmed a person who is pointing towards lynching him. I still do not endorse his lynch. Seol's claim has forced him to commit to saying I'm not scum, whereas VitaminR's claim doesn't force him to commit to anything. Screaming Lord Sutch is a nice flavorful claim, but there could be plenty of other characters who must shout. I say we lynch / suicide VitaminR tomorrow.

I also think that Seol's investigation on me makes a lot of sense, and that he's right to want to check out the masons next. His play has been very pro-town.

I think we should spend some time on Fiasco too. This blathering he's doing has come at an awfully convenient time for him, don't you think? I'd like to take a look at him tomorrow, or today if possible.

As for today, I don't know. I'll be leaving town this weekend, but I'll probably be able to get a check-in post.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:50 am

Post by VitaminR »

Commodore Amazing, I AM SCREAMING LORD SUTCH. Look at my very first post. I said: "I'm offering 150 pounds, no... make that 500, for a good piece of intro music."

This refers to the cash deposit asked of candidates running for election which was increased from 150 to 500 as a result of my campaigning. I left more hints. Most of them are pretty obvious once you know my role name. I am not lying, killing me off is really just going to harm the town.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:14 am

Post by Werebear »

One thing we have to remember - the roles might not be completely obvious. For instance, Pooky's role, I would not have thought he was a Serial Killer. I was thinking about this today - it's obvious that each night Pooky made someone play "Russian Roulette"... and quite honestly, I think he lost last night. There's only one person who's been shot, and it's him. This is another reason I don't think roles can confirm someone.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:28 am

Post by VitaminR »

I agree that roles might not be completely OBVIOUS from the role names, but it is important to remember there is always a relationship between the two. Derren Brown is an eccentric character that fills the "loner" criterion of the SK. He has also been involved in things that can be viewed as dubious (brainwashing people, Russian roulette). The potential is there. Hypnotism IS manipulation.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:34 am

Post by Fiasco »

Topato Potato likes Rad Gravity.

Sutch, Nuns real OR prepared from beginning. (Initial trinity possible if recruits slow. Possibly recruit(s) dead!)

Commodore, restriction today directly caused by inane lightningwagon yesterday. Full explanation tomorrow.

Seol, misunderstanding? Results lost on *my* death. Accessible on *pope* death.

Morally support Seol lynch. Information.
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:41 am

Post by Fritzler »

The thing that strikes me about this is the characteristic lack of cops in a verbose game. That was mentioned heavily before the game started. I will read through the old game to find out if there were one shot cops and the like. I can't do it this weekend however, so you'll have to wait for it. Or will someone else do it?
Surfs up dude.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:54 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mod Note:
Cogito Ergo Sum and the silent speaker have not posted in the fourth real-time "day" of the game Day, and have therefore used their "miss".

Seol has not posted in the fourth real-time day of the game Day, and has therefore failed the Posting Requirements.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”