Verbose Mafia 2 - Post or Perish (Game Over)

Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:39 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

I agree with VitaminR that LoudmouthLee was probably scum. I'm more sure of that than anything else we've seen. I'd like to hear if Seol used his ability or not.

I claim no responsbility on the part of DrippingGoofball's death. I assume Pooky is responsible. I still haven't pursued anyone as a bear. That may do more than the rest of my role seemed to do. I'm going to share the number of caesars in the group that I had recite the caesar lines: zero. That's this group here:

Cogito Ergo Sum
Fritzler
Mikeburnfire
petroleumjelly
the silent speaker
Thok

Any ideas on that, and I'd be happy to hear them. Confirming me is good stuff.

Also, I'm inclined to believe the masons. I'll go look that crew up and see if I see anything fishy now that our local librarian is dead.

Nominate: Seol
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:58 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Nomination Count:

Fiasco: 1 (mikeburnfire)
Seol: 1 (Commodore Amazing)
VitaminR: 1 (mikeburnfire)

Commodore Amazing: Automatic
Tamuz: Automatic
Werebear: Automatic
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:19 am

Post by Fritzler »

So, I guess this makes me your guys Obi-Wan Kenobi. First off use the force. Secondly, anger is the path to the dark side.

But mainly I'm suspicous of mike for nominating Vitamin R. Wasn't the plan to test Vitamin R by not nominating him? As such, this makes Mike Burn Fire Extremely suspect.
Surfs up dude.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Doesn't that 'test' end up killing VitaminR? I believe that would negate the entire purpose of testing him. FRITZLER! I DENOUNCE YOUR TACTICS AS HORRIBLE AT BEST!

Also, lest you forget that I am a mason! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE PLAYING!

If VitaminR is telling the truth, then we should never let him commit suicide! We should always vote him! But if he is scum then we will end up lynching him anyways. As long as I live, I shall nominate VitaminR and if you want him dead then you must vote him with good reason!

Cheers and Snuggles,
MBF

PS: I hope I have filled my restrictions so far. I don't think I can stand missing them again.

Nominate: Fritzler
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:35 pm

Post by Thok »

Mikeburnfire, you are being silly. Fritzler is a ghost and thus more confirmed then you. Of course, he's also is now irrelevant to this game, except for any advice he can offer us. (As a side note, Fritzler, do you enjoy your magical ghost body?)

I will admit that I believed the masons to be the main characters from that book by Rushdie, namely Satanic Verses. (The plane crash was the common event I was refering too.) Moreover, Mikeburnfire's lung problems reflect certain passages in that book. I will admit that your claim is at least feasible.

Finlaly, I haev been gievn an additional retsriction today. I supsect, but I don't know, that others have been inlficted by this before.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Eh? I TOTALLY FORGOT! Normally people cannot talk when they are dead, but I should have remembered that Fritz is a ghost. I guess this means nominating him has no point, eh? Between this and calling my masonbuddy scum I must be looking really stupid right now.

A new restriction, Thok? That sucks. There are too many restrictions as it stands. I know I don't need another one, so I am glad I was never afflicted by it.

Rubber babbie buggie bumpers!
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

PetroleumJelly picks up a snake she finds crawling on her leg and tosses it into a nearby tree. She is rather startled to see the cannibals, as well as the presence of Werebear, as he had been gone for so long.

"Werebear, my dear, good to see you. I see you have spoken of the Guide - I certainly hope you are not a Vogon. Although verbose in their poetry, I would rather kill myself than listen to one recite its life works.

"I will hold my nominations momentarily, while we wait for everybody to rise and shine, and sing about buckwheat cakes, along with crispy bacon. I do find it peculiar, however, that Pooky was able to discern Thok's fake posting restriction while being a Serial Killer. Strange happenings."
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:46 pm

Post by Werebear »

A Vogon? Perish the thought. As you can see, when I raise my eyebrow, I do not obscure my nose. Yecch.

Anyways, this morning, I did have one pleasant thought - as you know, our captors would not allow me to do anything last night, they just put me in a cell without any bread or soup or anything. So even though some suspect me of being on the bad side, at least they know last night no killing was done by me.

Speaking of which, has anyone gone back and seen why there was no death night before last? There's only a few reasons why no deaths would occur. First, is if one of us is a doc. Second, is if the killers all fell asleep and forgot to go about doing their killing stuff. Third, is if the killer(s) COULDN'T, because they didn't talk as much as our captors wanted. The third possibility is gnawing at me still, and I'd like to see where such a thread would lead us. If nobody else has, I intend to tomorrow.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:51 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Fast check in because I don't have to magical power to talk when I'm 50 miles away from camp. So I'll totally just say, my trust of the masonry has dropped from about 80% to 30% meaning, they need to talk some more to clear themselves. About this night, I'm pretty concerned why there were two dead bodies tonight, but there have been no other two death nights, and that one kill night. I think there are explanations with some people who have powers here that we need to go about understanding. Not yet though, I don't want these powers out of course, but in time I believe we will need to understand everything, which involves revealing everything we can. Again, not now... but I need to start thinking about how best to use this knowledge when we find it.

I know this must seem like fishing, but it really is fluff so I don't end up on the block again, it is a gambit, but it didn't work in finding.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:03 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Right then. Assuming the remaining role claims are all true and accurate in full, we have:
Cogito Ergo Sum: Sister Grace Voluble, mason. Not A Good Hanging.*
Commodore Amazing: Shakespeare, with roles cast but myteriously unknown to any of the people cast in them.
Fiasco: Galileo, investigator with results conveniently inaccessible.
mikeburnfire: Sister Gabriella Gregarious, mason.
petroleumjelly: Unknown, but NAGH.
Seol: Perry Mason, one-shot investigator; any result for us tonight, Seol?
SpamWise: NAGH.
Tamuz: NAGH.
the silent speaker: NAGH.
Thok: NAGH.
VitaminR: Screaming Lord Sutch, townie. Cannot be confirmed innocent while remaining alive.
Werebear: NAGH.

*In all cases of NAGH, there is known to have been one good-hanging exception, but this very possibly was LoudmouthLee. At any rate, not more than one of these can be a Good Hanging.

This is clearly an impossible situation. Eveyone is either alibied or claimed, and with the exception of the masons no one has claimed a viable confirmable role. We have killed no confirmed mafiosi and only one possible mafioso. There must, if Commodore Amazing is to be believed, be at least three people among the Good Hangings who have lied to us, and there may be four. This points squarely at Fiasco, Seol and VitaminR.

Tellingly, though, Commodore Amazing has
not
nominated all three. Instead he asked ideas on the absence of caesars -- apparently from a group that, precisely because they are not caesars, will have not the slightest clue what he is talking about. You, not we, have an inkling of what it means to be a caesar. It is for you, Commodore Amazing, not us, to be sharing everything you know about this "caesar" thing.

Mikeburnfire, you're quite correct that testing VitaminR by withholding nominations means he dies and we don't get a confirmed innocent. What this means is that
his claim cannot be tested.
This is a bad thing, not a good thing. It is a bad bad bad thing.

Cogito, Mike, please clarify this for me. You seem to be saying that you have a third, as yet officially undisclosed mason partner. Is this correct? You started the game as a group of three, not a group of two? I want to hear the answer to this straight out from both of you.

What it boils down to is this. At least one of the following three statements is true. Commodore Amazing is lying. Cogito and Mikeburnfire are lying. Fiasco, Seol and VitaminR are lying.

Also worth noting, we had another suicide... and the serial killer was
shot
. We haven't been plagued with shootings the whole game. What happened to start now?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:38 pm

Post by Thok »

I am considerng whether or not CA would be the best hangng today. So much of our reasonng depends on the list, and yet we don't know whether we can trust the person offerng the information. In addition, wasn't CA supposed to pursue somebody like a bear last night (or am I misrememberng what he offered yesterday?)

Am I beng idiotic? Am I worried about nothng?

(As an aside, am I havng too much fun with the additional requirement I was given today?)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:08 pm

Post by SpamWise »

I don't believe Commodore Amazing is explicitly lying. He has said himself it's possible that he's misintepreting the information he has been given. That's all I can think of currently. I shall be back soon to give more thoughts. Yes, yes indeed.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:38 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Truth is awesome.

Yes, you are correct, the silent speaker. There is a third mason, Sister Mary Loquacious, whose identity will be disclosed soon. I'll give you all a chance to find her for yourself first to highlight my reasons for not fully claiming early. We started the game as a masonry of three, yes.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:12 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Three little satanists are we and have always been!

The Silent Speaker, I'm sorry but I do not see the point in testing VitaminR. It is the equivalent of the Salem Witch Trials, and as a satanist I find it offensive! If he's good then he dies. If he's scum then we'll have to lynch him anyway! The best thing to do from my point of view is to pretend that his restriction doesn't exist and judge him based on his playing. His restriction is a read herring!

Tamuz, I am sorry you are suspicious of us, but you needn't be!

Foggy Tophats.

Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:58 am

Post by Seol »

This is little more than a check-in post, I'm afraid. I'll make a more detailed post as soon as I can.

First things first - I used my ability last night, and Commodore is good. I'm assuming that as it was only one-shot, my sanity is reliable (as there's no way of determining it via results analysis). I still have my doubts about the reliability of his results, regardless.

Secondly - where are our kills coming from? I think it's a given that our suicide kills come from Derren Brown (the UK's favourite mentalist!) - this is a guy who recently had a TV special where he brainwashed (under the cover of motivational speaking) a dozen middle-class executives to the state where they would hold up a security truck. If
anyone
could convince people to commit suicide, it's him.

This begs the question - what about the other kills? Or, more specifically, what about the
lack
of them? We've only had
one
non-suicide kill so far, and that hit our "serial killer". Do we even
have
a Mafia in the usual sense?

To paraphrase DG, I don't know.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:14 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

Okay, so I'm confirmed by Seol.

Seol, you seem to know better than I do what the scum group looks like. How does your investigation work? I know I'm not scum, so it's silly to question it, but I'd like to understand how it compares to mine. I've told you my cleared people are given as "not good hangings." I'm wondering if we can get a better idea of what the scum group looks like.

Fritzler, are you coming back? I don't understand the tree stump thing at all.

Also, I'd like to see if I can re-cast Caesar now that Lee is dead. I know this got us nowhere before, but it doesn't hurt to try it now. Can I get some "Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Commodore Amazing!" Let's try the silent speaker, petroleumjelly, Thok, mikeburnfire, and Cogito Ergo Sum this time. Especially mikeburnfire. And anyone else. I don't think I'll be able to re-cast anyone, and I don't expect it to do much better this time that it did last time. I've been given no information that would suggest that I can re-cast, and this request might look dubious. I wouldn't have asked for it if I weren't confirmed. Plus, I want to see if mikeburnfire goes along with it.

It's worth pointing out that my list hasn't been disproven yet, but I'm losing confidence in it (I think Lee may have been a godfather).

I've changed my mind about lynching Seol after re-reading LML's death. Either LML has ruined this game for the town, or he was scum. Seol was very adamant about lynching Lee. I'm putting Seol in the pro-town column.

I'm inclined to believe VitaminR's claim. Let's hear one from Fiasco.

Unnominate: Seol, nominate: Fiasco
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:57 am

Post by Werebear »

All right, this is REALLY annoying me. So I can look up "Good Omens" in the guide. Everyone, feel free to look it up yourself. Now, find me "Sister Grace Voluble". Go on, find it for me. Find "Sister Gabriella Gregarious". Anyone? Please? Anyone? Bueller? It's not there. Anyone else out there who isn't in the guide, please speak up now. Because if everyone is except our supposed masons, then we might want to consider that.

Why am I harping on this? Because I don't know why everyone is treating the SATANISTS like jolly good members of the town. Because their story sounds like a pack of lies. Because they're claiming little-known characters that at least two of them aren't known for their oration skills, as far as I can tell. Because every last one of us can be found in the guide, and they can't. That's why.

At least grant me this - we let these guys eat Cogito, we know we haven't killed a cop or doc, and then the other two members of the mason group will be considered confirmed. "But we should be hunting scum!" you cry plaintively. Well, I think I am.

Let me also ask you one thing - what is it about the satanists - SATANISTS - that makes them innocent? Just because they claimed mason group uncontested?! Anyways, here's the nomination.

Nominate: Cogito Ergo Sum again
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:16 am

Awesome.

Dear Werebear, our verbosity stems from the fact that we're chattering nuns. We may be satanists, but we were brought up satanists, it's not terribly exciting. We aren't crazy psychos. Yes, we want the Antichrist to be born and the Armageddon to occur in general terms, but we also like our tea and biscuits. There's no real evil in us.

Although we're not that well-known in general circles, we're not really obscure when you look at the people playing and at Mr. Grey himself. The Guide is meant to be helpful, nothing more.

We've lost around half the players. I can't help but feel worried that the scum are threatening to overwhelm the town. Let's not do their job for them.

Also, if you want, I can point you to hints Mike and I left early in the game.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:50 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Not really, Cogito. If I remember, I only left one hint, and it hold the third mason's name in it. I remember the hint you left, though. That's a good one. Although, confirming our satanism doesn't seem to be the issue. It's confirming our masonry that seems to be the talking point. Don't forget to cross your T!

I don't like Werebear's push on us. Suspicion is one thing, but it's obvious that the scum are keeping us alive to try to frame us. I'll hold off on the nominations for now, though.

I like Seol's confirmation of Commodore. Even if Seol himself is scum, it'd be likely for him to finger an innocent in his 'soel investigation'. Pending that, I shall recite Commodore's lines word for word this time. I don't know what becoming Ceaser will do, but if I am chosen I hope i do not gain another restriction.

Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Commodore Amazing! Viscous piggy!

the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:07 am

Post by the silent speaker »

See, here's the thing. Everyone alive has nominated one of you except petroleumjelly, and she asked, "I will double Seol's request. Cogito Ergo Sum, is your Masonry made up confirmed innocent(s)?"

Mikeburnfire, perhaps you misunderstand me. I don't want to put trial to VitaminR to test him, I want to put trial to him because I think he's scum.

Commodore Amazing, how are you confirmed? Because another player announced that you are innocent? Did anyone here seriously believe he would declare a guilty? I know I didn't.

And you continue to be quiet about the caesars. START TALKING dammit!

Still, if one of Seol and CA is to be the lynch, I say Seol for preference. If he is honest then Commodore Amazing must also be -- I agree with him that given that his claimed role exists, it must be sane -- and if he's not, well then. Besides, if Commodore Amazing is honest the Seol stands a better chance of
being
not.

I don't expect it to do much at this piont, but here goes. Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Commodore Amazing!
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:22 am

Narry?

Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Commodore Amazing?

the silent speaker, that was probably to make it slightly less obvious. Petroleumjelly is the third mason. Notice that pj doesn't assume there are but two, as many have done. PJ has also referred to himself as a "she" on many an occasion, made a remark about "tosiewosies" and about snakes(Crowley, satanism), didn't nominate me after the SATAN revelation and has not expressed suspicion of Mike or me at any point.

As I told my mason buddies during the night, Seol is the right lynch.

nominate: Seol

Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:10 am

Post by Fiasco »

Fornicating Hades. "Babble"?? Information density! Reread closely!

Single nonserial kill: mafia absent, cult present? Lynch cult
early

Wikipedia opens: "fantasy novel". Mike thought "Omens" biography, nuns real? Mind boggles.

Mike: "he", "reclusive", "restriction" / "multiple restrictions". Lies. Refuses answering.

Cogito asked Botticelli Aziraphale directly pre-roles. Coincidence?

PetroleumJelly, confirm.

Destiny awaits.
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:19 am

Well, all three of us dropped a hint some form early enough in the game that you can throw out the cult possibility. That one doesn't work.

I don't believe Mike actually read the Guide entry. I agree it's a strange mistake.

Fiasco, yes, I have read Good Omens. It is, in fact, one of my favourite books. My signature even includes a quote from one of the authors of Good Omens. I alluded to this earlier. That doesn't mean I can't receive such a role.

Mike, pj and me are either extremely ballsy mason-claiming scum or we're masons.

Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:29 am

Post by Fritzler »

I don't know if this will do CA any good. Do you CA?

Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Commodore Amazing?

Anyways, so PJ is the last mason?
And CA no, i won't I'll stay this way. That's the way I like it. Now I'll run through people, and ask them if that means we "did it"
Surfs up dude.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:32 am

Post by VitaminR »

The silent speaker, why are you so ADAMANT I'm scum? I've not seen you answer this question, nor have you backed up your claim that my role is "terribly, terribly suspect."

Still inclined to believe the masons, although I find it interesting to note the possibility of a Pope and Satanic Nuns mafia group. There's no substantial evidence against them, though.

I'm not opposed to a Seol lynch, but I am starting to doubt the accuracy of CA's list. There do not seem to be a lot of people left not on the list and I'm increasingly unsure our scum can be found in the people not on the list. Having said that, Fiasco's claim does not look particularly solid and neither does Seol's so I suppose there is no reason not to follow the list. I'm not inclined to pursue a restricted Fiasco. That leaves Seol.

Nominate: Seol

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”