Mini 304: This is NOT Any Kind of Mafia (Mod Abandoned)

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:20 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

GAME EVENT

cropcircles has taken his ball and gone home for the Day, by voting No Lynch. The rest of the players may continue posting as usual.

In other news, VitaminR and Tamuz have been found with holes in their heads. cropcircles did not die since he was at home.

VitaminR - ??? - daykilled Day 1
Tamuz - ??? - daykilled Day 1

Vote Count - Day 1

Bacde - 1 (JechtMurray)
Adele - 1 (VitaminR)
rajrhcpfreak - 1 (micigante)
cropcircles - 2 (Adele, Drummer)
VitaminR - 1 (ryanjunk)
Tamuz - 1 (rajrhcpfreak)
ryanjunk - 2 (Tamuz, Yosarian2)
Drummer - 1 (EmpTyger)
No Lynch - 1 (cropcircles)

Not voting, soon to be obliterated - 1 (Bacde)

12 alive, 7 to lynch

Only kidding, cropcircles - play! Too bad for VitaminR and Tamuz, though. Their votes stand as their dying wish, but sadly their bodies do not.

:P -
play on, all.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:42 am

Post by Adele »

Whoa. Well, I agree that ryanjunk's been too cautious for my liking, but Raj's blatant attempted murder of three of our folks (and successful murder of two) really stands out most.

Vote: rajfreak

hmm.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:40 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

:D

I'm pretty sure it's still just a joke, Adele. Note that the first page still shows everyone as alive...
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
ryanjunk
ryanjunk
Goon
ryanjunk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:31 am

Post by ryanjunk »

Eh. I didn't vote for cropcircles, or bold a real FoS onto him because, I don't think he's scummy. But hey, all my dithering caught someone!
Vote: Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:46 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

ryanjunk wrote:Eh. I didn't vote for cropcircles, or bold a real FoS onto him because, I don't think he's scummy. But hey, all my dithering caught someone! Vote: Yosarian2

What?

No, really.

What?

You acted scummy, and got some people to vote for you, and your only response is to vote for one of the people who voted for you and declare that you "caught" them?

confirm vote:ryan
for a total lack of any kind of defense other then an irrelevent OMGUS vote.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:32 am

Post by Bacde »

Oh snap, I gotta vote!
Vote: Adele
for now, looks like you took inhim's joke (presumably) a bit too seriously.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:33 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Bacde wrote:Oh snap, I gotta vote!
Vote: Adele
for now, looks like you took inhim's joke (presumably) a bit too seriously.
isnt that the point of this game?

APRIL FOOLS!
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:36 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Yosarian2 wrote:
ryanjunk wrote:Eh. I didn't vote for cropcircles, or bold a real FoS onto him because, I don't think he's scummy. But hey, all my dithering caught someone! Vote: Yosarian2

What?

No, really.

What?

You acted scummy, and got some people to vote for you, and your only response is to vote for one of the people who voted for you and declare that you "caught" them?

confirm vote:ryan
for a total lack of any kind of defense other then an irrelevent OMGUS vote.
Well I probably would have used an explative, but Yos pretty much said it for me first.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:44 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Unvote: Adele, Vote: ryanjunk

Don't follow his justification of that Yosarian2 vote at all.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:02 am

Post by Drummer »

It sure doesn't look like cropcircles is going to be posting that often. I'll see if ryanjunk will actually explain his vote before I do anything hasty.

And while I understand that joking around is a part of this game...maybe a little content to go with it would be nice. Yeah, you know who. :wink:
ryanjunk
ryanjunk
Goon
ryanjunk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:09 am

Post by ryanjunk »

I don't think I was that scummy. And I know I'm pro-town, so I looked at people who started jumping on my bandwagon. I voted Yosarian because he jumped on second; I think this is kind of the "pole position" for scum. Not starting the bandwagon against a townie, but gleefully jumping on.

To reiterate: I'm not trying to walk on eggshells. I just hadn't seen anyone who looked definitively scummy, and I figure it's too late in the day to start throwing in random votes, so I didn't vote for anybody.

Some people took that opportunity to call me scum; I consider this a very convenient opportunity for scum to lynch a townie. Hence my vote. At the very least, it'll get everyone to look at the people running this wagon.

FoS: VitaminR
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:21 am

Post by cropcircles »

Drummer wrote:And while I understand that joking around is a part of this game...maybe a little content to go with it would be nice. Yeah, you know who. :wink:
QFT. :evil:

Not feeling the Ryan wagon. Adele's response to the "game event" looks odd. Let's go with that.
Unvote, Vote Adele
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:23 am

Post by Drummer »

cropcircles wrote:QFT. :evil:
Somehow, it always draws out the person in question. :mrgreen:
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:24 am

Post by Drummer »

Wait, I wasn't even talking to you, crops.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:11 am

Post by Adele »

:( Hey! Is that three votes on me already? (checks) Oh, no, VitaminR unvoted - thank - but still :(

We gotta pick a way to play here. Mod can yank us around to his heart's content, but that's no reason to yank
ourselves
around, is it? May as well just try to play strong, because I'm sure that, whatever else is happening, the mod's setup is designed to reward good play, so why not concentrate on just playing well (and earnestly)?

I'll
FOS: Ryanjunk
as it'd be a bit fast to place vote 4 just yet (it's 4, right? I'm pretty certain). This is, obviously, pending his further explanation of his activities.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:11 am

Post by Adele »

EBWOP: Oh, and I'll
Unvote
too. Sorry 'bout that.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:56 am

Post by VitaminR »

ryanjunk wrote:I don't think I was that scummy. And I know I'm pro-town, so I looked at people who started jumping on my bandwagon. I voted Yosarian because he jumped on second; I think this is kind of the "pole position" for scum. Not starting the bandwagon against a townie, but gleefully jumping on.

To reiterate: I'm not trying to walk on eggshells. I just hadn't seen anyone who looked definitively scummy, and I figure it's too late in the day to start throwing in random votes, so I didn't vote for anybody.

Some people took that opportunity to call me scum; I consider this a very convenient opportunity for scum to lynch a townie. Hence my vote. At the very least, it'll get everyone to look at the people running this wagon.

Are we supposed to glean all this from:
ryanjunk wrote:Eh. I didn't vote for cropcircles, or bold a real FoS onto him because, I don't think he's scummy. But hey, all my dithering caught someone!
Vote: Yosarian2
?

Your exaggerated response to a two-vote bandwagon is what made me vote you. You defended yourself by adding a comment that was not evident from your earlier post and basically OMGUS-voted saying you'd "caught someone."

I don't see how second place on a wagon means Yos is necessarily scum. Also, why not just say you don't find cropcircles scummy? The wishy-washy nature of your post is what made people vote you, not the fact that you don't find him scummy.

Furthermore, why was this a very convenient opportunity for scum?
Also, your reiteration does not match your comment before that at all.

Just one more point. Knowledge of your own innocence:
1) not a relevant point
2) does not necessarily mean people who vote you are scummy

Vote stands.
ryanjunk
ryanjunk
Goon
ryanjunk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:56 am

Post by ryanjunk »

I explained above, in post 135. Something else you need clarified?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:21 am

Post by Adele »

Well, that's
why
I FOS'd you. You don't think you looked
that
scummy, but acknowledge that no-one else was looking scummy either, so you were the best focus both of scum
and
town votes. Using the "fact" of your innocence as evidence against those that distrusted you is a really lame argument. Is that enough of a reason for me to go ahead and vote you? Well, I'm an elitist 8) . Seriously, you've now got to convince us of your past sincerity and your future usefullness, since if Day one is a near-arbitrary lynch - and it often is - why are you a worse choice? Given that you've started out on a scummy-looking foot.
ryanjunk
ryanjunk
Goon
ryanjunk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:26 am

Post by ryanjunk »

Well, I don't have any particular information to make myself a worse choice, other than that a scum would be better. :) As I said, at the very least I'll get lynched as an innocent and then you all can look hard at the people who got me there. I'm just trying to skip the middleman and get to the scum-finding.

I'm not really sure there's anything else I can say. If I'd been lynched for actions, I could defend them, but it's more for inaction (the alleged "walking on eggshells"). When I started being more active, I got called out for that too. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. Damn.

No, I don't find cropcircles scummy. Yes, I think it's quite interesting and should be noted if people try to start a bandwagon on me based on relatively weak evidence (basically amounting to "Oh my goodness, he's playing a bit cautiously on Day One!").

I also don't definitively think Yosarian is scum. He just looks most scummy to me, right now. Call it "gut", call it "OMGUS", call it whatever you want. I think second-voting me on this very weak "eggshells" excuse is fairly scummy. Clearly others disagree with me.

So, that's all. People who still want to vote me will still vote me. That's where I'll stand. If Yosarian doesn't have anything to say about it, I'll keep my vote. If he does, I'll remove it. If I get lynched, keep an eye on people who pushed the wagon.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:03 am

Post by Drummer »

Well...it's the same thing you've said before. You don't know how to explain it except that you claim you're innocent.
ryanjunk
ryanjunk
Goon
ryanjunk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:27 am

Post by ryanjunk »

Yep. I don't see how anyone could explain it any other way. Barring a cop investigation of me (which is impossible as we didn't have a Night yet, nor would I want a cop to come out to protect me) or some kind of funky day power, there's no way I can "prove" my innocence. So, look closely at those who are pushing the wagon.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

ryanjunk wrote:I don't think I was that scummy. And I know I'm pro-town, so I looked at people who started jumping on my bandwagon. I voted Yosarian because he jumped on second; I think this is kind of the "pole position" for scum. Not starting the bandwagon against a townie, but gleefully jumping on.
Voting for a person who looks scummy is not a scum tell. I might be right, and I might be wrong, but your actions have made me think you are more likely to be scum then a random lynch would be, so I voted for you.

ryan wrote: To reiterate: I'm not trying to walk on eggshells. I just hadn't seen anyone who looked definitively scummy, and I figure it's too late in the day to start throwing in random votes, so I didn't vote for anybody.
But that's not what you said. You FOS'd two different people, with "little FOS's", but seemed to semi-defend one of them at the same time. That kind of wishy-washy play is often a sign of scum.

If you didn't think they looked suspicious, you shouldn't have FOS'd them. If you did, you probably should have voted them, especally on day 1 when the town has nothing really to go on except whatever small scum tells they can figure out. When you make a post that tries to have it both ways, it just makes me suspicious of you.

Now, I explained this in some detail, and instead of responding to my post, you simply voted for me. Trying to use your vote as a weapon to intimidate people into not voting for you, instead of trying to use logic and reason to figure out who the scum are, is also a scum tell.
ryan wrote: Some people took that opportunity to call me scum; I consider this a very convenient opportunity for scum to lynch a townie. Hence my vote. At the very least, it'll get everyone to look at the people running this wagon.

Again, if you really are a good guy, the right play isn't to attack the people voting for you; a person can't be lynched by scum alone. The right play would be to try to convince whatever good guys might be either on your wagon or thinking of getting on your wagon that the logic against you is weak. Instead, you vote for me and FOS vitaminR.
ryanjunk
ryanjunk
Goon
ryanjunk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:17 am

Post by ryanjunk »

Well, I've stated everything I'm going to state as far as logic against me being weak. What I've done is probably bad playing, so if I get the lynch it's my own fault. I appreciate the pointers, and I'm going to go ahead and
Unvote
and lay low a little to see what some other people think.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:05 am

Post by Drummer »

ryanjunk wrote:So, look closely at those who are pushing the wagon.
The fact that you have said this like three times is starting to make my radar bleep a little...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”