Mortal Kombat Mafia (Game Over: Mafia Win)

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Bogre »

UNVOTE VOTE GREYICE
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Unvote;
Vote: CSL

...just to ensure Oversoul isn't going into the ring, and CSL makes a good back-up to MoS since he isn't getting attention today it seems. I am fine with CSL v. Nero in a fight to the death. Had a town read on Nero earlier, and a scum read on CSL, but I have town reads on *most* of the people on Nero, so their judgment is worth noting as well. Their arguments in the ring will be my deciding factor though.

I'm a little concerned of the exodus off of IS, and forsee a constant problem with IS v. Ludi tomorrow, especially given today was dominated by that discussion. But I very much would like to discuss the anti-town/floaters and get them sorted out as well.

Passed my stone last night btw, thanks to everyone for their wishes.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

hmph. I still say that Ludi is failed scum that failed at attacking me today. If I have to make a second choice, I would choose CSL for blatant bandwagon jumping with faulty reasoning. I also have a suspicion that this will go to deadline at this rate. I will quickly switch back to Ludi as necessary.

Unvote: Ludi
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 1276, Toogeloo wrote:
Unvote;

...just to ensure Oversoul isn't going into the ring, and CSL makes a good back-up to MoS since he isn't getting attention today it seems. I am fine with CSL v. Nero in a fight to the death. Had a town read on Nero earlier, and a scum read on CSL, but I have town reads on *most* of the people on Nero, so their judgment is worth noting as well. Their arguments in the ring will be my deciding factor though.

I'm a little concerned of the exodus off of IS, and forsee a constant problem with IS v. Ludi tomorrow, especially given today was dominated by that discussion. But I very much would like to discuss the anti-town/floaters and get them sorted out as well.

We still have to put Nero into the ring, no point in voting CSL yet.
Permanent V/LA.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Post by Darox »

In post 1276, Toogeloo wrote:
Unvote;

[Super scummy]

Mastermind of Sin wrote:We still have to put Nero into the ring, no point in voting CSL yet.

Nero is at 4 while CSL is at 5, so whatever.

I see Bogre has gone back to posturing. Please do something helpful Bogre.

Actually, looking at the rules, our best bet is probably to just keep the current state of affairs with CSL and Nero as the leaders until the deadline hits. Don't want one getting a majority, having the VC reset, and someone different getting thrown in because one or two people jumped in to a secure a lead in the time between the mod declaring the first contestant and the deadline running out.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

OH darox....

There a reason you didn't answer 1263?

In post 1278, Mastermind of Sin wrote:
We still have to put Nero into the ring, no point in voting CSL yet.

Wish you and Amrun could be modkilled for not paying attention to this game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:27 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

ONE DAY until Kombatants are selected!

VOTE COUNT FOR KOMBATANT
Day 5 Vote Count (#11)

CSL (5) - The Fonz, Darox, GreyICE, Toogeloo, Internet Stranger
Nero Cain (4) - Oversoul, Amrun, Mastermind of Sin, zMuffinMan
Oversoul (2) - kiwieagle, Nero Cain
Internet Stranger (2) - Magister Ludi, CSL
Mastermind of Sin (1) - Nachomamma8
GreyICE (1) - Bogre

Not Voting (0)

CSL is V/LA until September 16th through September 19th, the 19th being the latest.

Please let me know if I'm missing any V/LAs or if the votecount is wrong. I've had a hectic week.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to select a Kombatant! Deadline is Saturday, September 17th at 9:00 PM EDT.

Day 5's stage is: Hell!
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:29 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Oversoul is being prodded.

You want this one.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:33 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1275, Bogre wrote:
UNVOTE VOTE GREYICE

Scum is posting in thread.

Bogre dies tomorrow.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

lol @ Oversoul posting in other games while ignoring this one.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1284, Nero Cain wrote:lol @ Oversoul posting in other games while ignoring this one.

There is nothing more to post about in this game from my perspective. I have given my feelings and everyone is pretty much dragging this game behind them. Your mudslinging is atrocious.

back to lurking

:troll:
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Oversoul, you should just sheep my vote for a while. I won't steer you wrong.
Permanent V/LA.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1069, Oversoul wrote:
I will respond to the posts in full later
, but I still want it to be clear that I dislike Nero's posts.

This was 10 days ago. So why aren't you doing this?

I'm "mudslinging" b/c you pulled this same stunt in [REACTED]

Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Why did this IS wagon disappear?
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

If Palisade hadn't been lynched yesterday, people would have tried to lynch him again today. Oversoul wasn't lynched yesterday, and no one is really pursuing that wagon anymore today. Why?

I'm not sure if it means Oversoul was mafia with buddies who tried to lynch Palisade, or if Oversoul was town and mafia simply didn't care who got lynched. Considering that he got to L-1, and you have an interesting situation. Rereading.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

ludi wrote:If Palisade hadn't been lynched yesterday, people would have tried to lynch him again today. Oversoul wasn't lynched yesterday, and no one is really pursuing that wagon anymore today. Why?

People
were
trying to pursue the Oversoul wagon at the start of today (he was the largest wagon at the start of today). It just didn't happen because there were other suspicions (e.g. IS, CSL) that cropped up.

This is the correct answer:
Oversoul was town and mafia simply didn't care who got lynched

*this is a prod dodge with promises to stop being lazy later tonight*
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

kiwieagle is being prodded.

You want this one.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Post by CSL »

Unvote; Vote: Nero Cain

I'm sorry I haven't done shit in this thread. If you want me voted off, I understand.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by Bogre »

In post 1289, Magister Ludi wrote:If Palisade hadn't been lynched yesterday, people would have tried to lynch him again today. Oversoul wasn't lynched yesterday, and no one is really pursuing that wagon anymore today. Why?

I'm not sure if it means Oversoul was mafia with buddies who tried to lynch Palisade, or if Oversoul was town and mafia simply didn't care who got lynched. Considering that he got to L-1, and you have an interesting situation. Rereading.

unvote: VOTE: CSL

Thinking about this a bit, I think you're right, and I think CSL gave up on Oversoul too easily, especially given the switch hammer.

I still don't want Oversoul alive. I cannot think of WHY he would GAMBIT as a townie.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Apparently my CSL vote didn't work.
unvote;vote:CSL

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:14 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

OK, well I'm perfectly fine with deadlining a showdown between Nero and CSL.

I'll obviously be voting Nero and I'll get a case up in the next couple hours before this goes to choosing stage (probably won't be online again before the deadline, just past midnight where I live and I'm sleeping probably until the deadline...)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:07 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

10 HOURS until Kombatants are selected!

VOTE COUNT FOR KOMBATANT
Day 5 Vote Count (#12)

CSL (7) - The Fonz, Darox, GreyICE, Toogeloo, Internet Stranger, Bogre, Nero Cain
Nero Cain (5) - Oversoul, Amrun, Mastermind of Sin, zMuffinMan, CSL
Oversoul (1) - kiwieagle
Internet Stranger (1) - Magister Ludi
Mastermind of Sin (1) - Nachomamma8

Not Voting (0)

CSL is V/LA until September 16th through September 19th, the 19th being the latest.

Please let me know if I'm missing any V/LAs or if the votecount is wrong. I've had a hectic week.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to select a Kombatant! Deadline is Saturday, September 17th at 9:00 PM EDT.

Day 5's stage is: Hell!

You want this one.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:36 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Incoming wall.

Apologies for the length, but apparently some people like "cases", and as much as I hate writing them, I figured I may as well do one for the people that want it.

For those that don't, I'll include a tl;dr so you can scroll down to the end. Long story short, I think every... single... post from Nero is scummy, and here's why...

#39: Pointless fucking post. At this point, cooldog already had a substantial wagon on him. What does Nero do? Durrrrrrr don't mess with mastin, and don't mind me while I'm not providing any content. I'll put a useless vote on Fate and avoid doing anything meaningful.

#143: ... the fuck is this? More durrrrrrrr shit that was ignored in the midst of "scummier" stuff that happened D1.

Wooooooooooo skipping on to D3 because there's absolutely no content from him before D3.

#688: Pointless crap about MoS being spring's buddy if spring is scum, and pointless crap about lurkers (showing a bit of cognitive dissonance here?)

So, up until this point, NC has managed to get by without having anything to say on this game apart from thinking that MoS is scum if Spring is, but hey,
NO ACTUAL SUSPICION OF SPRING
. No reads. No nothing. I
guess
this is kind of understandable if you think that maybe he was waiting until after the conf-scum lynches were over to give his reads, but then why the fuck did he bring up the thing with spring-MoS? And that whole part about lurkers was just plain weird.

So, skipping ahead to D4...

#756: Ah. His first scum read of the game? Maybe? But only because Oversoul's posts irk him. For some unexplained reason. Yeah... And apparently the "lurkish" nature of T-Bone and timeater is something that he hates.................................. fucking facepalm

#865: OK, it looks like his hatred for T-Bone's "lurkish nature" has turned into full-blown suspicion of T-Bone. Let's look at why... Because he attacked Snake(CSL) for not contributing to discussion... and because he didn't vote Snake in his first post of the day. And this is apparently proof that T-Bone is scum... Ah. Understandable. OK, that makes perfect sense. SO WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU VOTE PALISADE INTO THE RING WITH OVERSOUL WHEN ALL YOU'VE SAID ABOUT OVERSOUL ALL GAME IS ONE LINE (THAT HE IRKS YOU)? WHERE'S THE FUCKING OVERSOUL CASE?

Sifting through more pointless crap from Nero, we reach D5.

So what does Nero do D5?

He starts by telling us that Oversoul should have been lynched yesterday in #1009.

He moves on to telling us that Nacho's scum meta is to defend his scum buddies (let's just ignore the fact that Nacho is voting Nero and pretend this isn't blatantly an OMGUS FoS) in #1056. There's also his first expression of suspicion of CSL and a request for MoS and I to explain the whole unvote/vote thing we were doing during the choosing stage of D4 (which was entirely irrelevant and a moot point to pick on when he could... Oh, I don't know, ACTUALLY HUNT SCUM). This pointless lack of scum hunting continues in #1060 and #1063 (and it's ironic that he talks about his job being scumhunting in #1063 when it's 1000 posts into the game and he's yet to actually do any). Oh wait, he kind of asks a question of Nacho in #1064 that could maybe be possibly sort of construed as scum hunting? Maybe? More likely it was a "hey, go look elsewhere!" plea.

Oh, cool, we finally have a sort of case on Oversoul from Nero in #1065. Let's see...
- He buddies (that's pretty damning, I've never seen town do that).
- He has no original reads (well, at least he has reads... but really, why is this even scummy?)
- Something about him being stupid?
- Something about him trying too hard? (actually this spoiler wall is golden, because Nero tries to imply that Oversoul claimed scum/third party... Holy fuck)
- Something about misc stuff (again, this spoiler wall is golden. misrep about Oversoul apparently trying to discredit the GW wagon by asking why Albert didn't claim D2, as though that wasn't a legitimate question. something about Oversoul being V/LA and still posting being scummy. some bullshit about OS's pali read. some bullshit about an admission of guilt. some bullshit about rolefishing when he wasn't even rolefishing)

See, if this was a case on IS, IS would be having a field day with Nero. But nope, it's a case on Oversoul, a relatively weak player (no offense). And people are ignoring it even though Nero is scum hunting a weak player for a mislynch because they can't read Oversoul as town for some reason.

Moving on to #1123... We have Nero claiming he's not tunneling Oversoul (lol), Nero attacking Oversoul for more meaningless shit... maybe some sort of suspicion of MoS? And we finish off this post with his reads
Nero wrote:I would very much like any combination of Oversoul/CSL/MOS in the ring today.I feel those are the three most likely scum.

I also have scum suspicions on Toog/Darox/Amrun/Fonz.

For the record, he hasn't mentioned any of his other "scum suspicions" at any point in the game prior to this. No talking to them, no talking about them, no nothing. But anyway, that's not what's important. It's what he does with these suspicion and where they disappear to later on (because I don't fucking know what happened between here and the next time he gives his list of scum suspects).

#1163 we have Nero continuing his attack on MoS, this time claiming that because MoS did not vote for IS when he initially had a scum read on IS, MoS is scummy. For the people who are really slow........... MoS was already voting another of his suspicions (Fonz). And some more crap about OS. Woo, getting tired of this OS shit, actually.

#1196: Well, fuck... It only took him 1200 posts to do something that looks like he is possibly scum hunting. Sort of, maybe? Some questions, but as of yet, I've seen him do nothing with the answers.

#1204 OK, so 81 posts after his #1123. Let's take a look at how his reads list has changed.
Nero wrote:

I feel bad that the scum drew a CSL/Nero/Kiwi team, but hey, that's the RNG.

replace Nero with Amrum and Kiwi with MOS and add in Muffin and you gots your team.

Wait a second... Where did I come into this? Hmmm... I think I've seen that list of people somewhere before... That looks like a list of people that have expressed suspicion of Nero. And, hey, would you look at this...
Internet Stranger (5) - Magister Ludi, zMuffinMan, Amrun, Mastermind of Sin, CSL

I've already sort of covered why I find this fucking hilarious, but what happened to Toog/Darox/Fonz from #1123? Or why did he even suspect them in the first place?

There's also some other meaningless crap about Oversoul in #1204, but I think I'm beginning to sound like a broken record attacking Nero for this. He's tunneling a weak and easy target. It's disgustingly scummy.

#1206 I... I don't even... What... What is this?
Nero wrote:I'm thinkin' one scum faction with 1-2 independent SKs or a SK team like the one seen Road to WrestleMania Mafia

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Baffling. Simply baffling.

Moving on to #1220... Apppppppparently, OS i giving him SK vibes (whatever the fuck SK vibes are and however the fuck he is supposedly getting these vibes). And some bullshit about how if there's 7 scum in the game, it's plausible that he's caught 5 of them (with 4 of the IS wagon...) derpderpderpderpderpderpderp

#1223 is pointless.

#1226 lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll Ludi has apparently gone from idiotic town to scum or something

#1236 and #1238 woooooo, ad hom is what cool kids do.

#1263 Some bullshit justification for his suspicion of MoS and I. Yeah, apparently I only think he's scum because he suspects MoS. Totally didn't think he was scum way back in #744 or anything. Nah, that was just me listing him there because I thought there was a good chance he's town and I wanted to lynch him anyway.

And there's nothing worth mentioning in the rest of his ISO (oh look, he attacks OS again, this time for not being active in this game, wooooooo, more shit to add to the "not even slightly valid case on OS" file).

TL;DR

HE'S SCUM
LYNCH HIM

And when he flips scum, know that Oversoul is TOWN, CSL is TOWN, and Ludi is also probably TOWN, as is MoS (but he's town anyway).

Please don't lynch CSL when he goes into the ring with Nero. CSL is an obvious mislynch and quite clearly a counter-wagon to Nero-scum. Kill Nero today.

And if I die tonight, hang Bogre tomorrow in my absence if I'm right about Nero.

That's all I ask.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:36 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1289, Magister Ludi wrote:If Palisade hadn't been lynched yesterday, people would have tried to lynch him again today. Oversoul wasn't lynched yesterday, and no one is really pursuing that wagon anymore today. Why?

Because Oversoul's actions in the kombat phase were really, really obviously those of town.

Muffin, what the hell is remotely town about CSL? Lurking and opportunism.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:49 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

He's town because Nero is scum. It's more like "CSL is not scum of the same faction as Nero" than "CSL is town". If there's a single scum faction and no third parties, then I think CSL is town after a Nero scum flip.

Yeah, I know. CSL is lurking. CL is "opportunistic". That's why he's a good counter-wagon for scum to be on. He's an easy lynch.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”