David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3100 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:40 am

Post by David Xanatos »

In my mind, one of the two is Scum. I can see Shotty using the SK thing as a way of protecting a teammate, as the WIFOM surrounding him trying to get him lynched as an SK would cause a lot of people to dismiss the possibility.
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3101 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3099, Meransiel wrote:I want to be the hammer.

no.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3102 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:47 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Why specifically the hammer?
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3103 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Meransiel »

In post 3101, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3099, Meransiel wrote:I want to be the hammer.

no.

Wait, why not?
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3104 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Meransiel »

I like hammering.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3105 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:54 am

Post by David Xanatos »

So you're saying you're not going to place a vote unless it's a hammer? o_0

That seems rather silly actually..
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3106 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Meransiel »

It ain't hurtin' no one.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3107 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What if you're like a lyncher or something? Although I don't really care. DX switch to scumSilver and then someone else can vote on then you hammer Meran.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3108 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What if you're like a lyncher or something? Although I don't really care. DX switch to scumSilver and then someone else can vote on then you hammer Meran.

David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3109 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:03 am

Post by David Xanatos »

That's true.

Primarily through the double negative.

And I've already said that until the other few have checked in, I'm keeping my vote on Peregrine. I think he's more likely to be our Scum.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3110 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Meransiel »

Screw you guys I'm just BORED TO DEATH by this day. And Peregrined said he'd be done tonight or something.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3111 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:31 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Answers to why I asked these questions
Do you all believe me to be an excellent player?

The True Answer (To me) No. However half of you believe I'd be ballsy enough to perform what I did on day 1. All of you also ignore the facts of day 1. What did Shotty do as soon as he replaced whoever he did? He voted me and hopped on my wagon and called what I did a scum gambit. What was my immediate reaction? That I found it heavily scummy and brought attention to it even though it wasn't heavily recieved. The question then is do you honestly think Shotty would bus me and I would bus him (A Scum Role Cop) right then? If you believe I'm a goon this proves more so because I'm giving evidence about Shotty's actions that could be used against him. Furthermore I'd like to point out the night kills. If I'm scum.. I've let Nero.. whose had a hard on for me this whole game.. live. What's my motivation in choosing MOI or Zeilink OVER Nero and others. It's not like Nero has been at risk of a lynch yet. I mean you guys are saying I'm terribad but I'm willing to risk great gambits. When the truth is if I was scum, I'm fucking terrible at trying to keep myself alive.

Shotty's last actions should further put light on me. He claimed me Town JK when I had already claimed VT. While Shotty tends to act like a VI he isn't. and right before he said that I stated it's highly unlikely that there are two JKs. The fact that he doubles back on it and tries to get me lynched just further proves it as that was the FIRST time he laid a claim and then recanted it. Again unless you think there's some incredible bussing going on... I question your reasoning.

What scum role do you believe me to have?

This question supports the point above, unless someone thought I was a more powerful scum role than Role Cop which still doesn't make sense for Day 1 actions but does later on I suppose.

Anyway thats it really. The hard on you guys have for me is beyond annoying and I'm learning to just not get seriously into games and care about them anymore, I don't think we're at Mylo or Lylo so hopefully my lynch doesn't end the game, but shit half of me is glad I'll finally die because (no offense really as I'm a terrishit leader too) but this town has nobody good to lead em. All the really decent players are gone and it's just town getting bored and scum probably pushing a rush to just get more mislynches. I really don't have any motivation after Fourseen decided to be a troll.

I'd say meran and mysterio are good lynches for tomorrow, Mysterio for his lurking and reaction to me and meran for literally just hammering all the time and that honestly being it. (I also like how he theorized me and Fourseen as scum partners... I'd go with a meran lynch over mysterio if I could pick).

I don't really have town reads anymore.

Cheers and Good Luck to Town... you guys are really going to need it lol.

P.S. I think it's idiotic that you don't at least wait for Pere's VCA but whatever.
... People were right it seems....
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3112 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:04 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

That reeks of scum. That massive AtE.

The whole "I'm just a Townie and u guys gonna kill me and just kill me and get it over with and u guys are all scum nou and ur doomed and wait for VCA stupid town" thing
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3113 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

No reason not to wait for it.

On day4 now.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3114 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:16 am

Post by David Xanatos »

VOTE: Silver

Yeah. That crossed the line.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3115 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:17 am

The whole "I'm just a Townie and u guys gonna kill me and just kill me and get it over with and u guys are all scum nou and ur doomed and wait for VCA stupid town" thing

That's both an overexaggeration and an oversimplification.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3116 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:18 am

Post by David Xanatos »

And frankly, I don't see what more we gain from a third VCA. Each of us has undoubtedly taken our own look at the VCA from MoI, and drawn our own conclusions based on the VCs. Waiting for each and every person to compile a list is redundant.. especially when, in this case, Peregrine was actually advocating stalling out for 20 days just to "use" the deadline. -_-
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3117 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:20 am

P:Edit

This really feels like a game of Epic Mafia now.. hah

PP: Edit

Dave the point is it doesn't hurt. Maybe he sees something new whether it be about me or something else. I mean if I get lynched now or I get lynched a week from now, what's the difference as long as I'm lynched?
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3118 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Banshee »

@Peregrine:
You realise you brought up this VCA idea on August 31 of this year? That's almost two full weeks that we've been waiting for it including night phases. So no, it's a good bit more than four days on that.

As for the "Let's use all twenty days," I'm finding it REALLY HARD to give you the benefit of the doubt when you have managed only fifty posts since the game even began. It really seems like you want everyone to slow down and lose interest in the game.

tl;dr? POST MORE if you want the twenty days. Make actual contributions to the discussion besides your promised VCA. I'm not waiting around for twenty days twiddling my thumbs while you maintain radio silence and continue work on the Sistine Chapel of VCAs.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3119 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Lol...the data is in. Now I add the alignments.

So, now I'm curious. What is the hurry?

And I have stated I didn't work on it over the night phase. It would piss me off too much to do all the work and then end up dead the next morning. So I waited. Ding, I was alive, I go back to work on it. It's not that confusing.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3120 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Banshee »

@Peregrine:
The pace of the game largely determines the players' levels of interest in it. Fast-paced, exciting games hold the interest far better than slow-moving, inactive games. Lack of interest in a game usually translates into a scum win in my experience.

Do you disagree?
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3121 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:07 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

PROPOSITION: We give Peregrine 24 hours to deliver this VCA. As it's apparently almost done, this should be plenty. I don't see how this will help, but it certainly can't hurt.

After that, unless the VCA causes us all to become suddenly enlightened to something which has so far eluded us, we go ahead and lynch silver.

If we don't have it 24 hours from this post, we lynch silver anyway, and see the VCA Tomorrow.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3122 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:52 am

Just remember, Meran next, mysterion after.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3123 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:57 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

@silver what do you think about Pere? A viable D9 lynch or not?
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3124 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:02 am

Possibly but not as good as the others. I'd rather force scum into a kingmaker situation than not. He's best saved for last in my opinion.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”