The StarCraft II thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:43 am

Post by AGar »

I lost track of everything going on lol.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1446, AGar wrote:I'll upload the replay lol give me a sec.

14cc in 4v4 is not viable.

I told you bro.
I told you about making units.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:08 am

Post by AGar »

lolol yeah. well.. I was making mules.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

That was physically painful to watch.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:47 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I am proud to have been a part of it.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Otolia »

On a more happy note, M|Stephano is the first foreigner to qualify for the IPL3 beating aTnSocke, TSL_Revival, SlayerSPuzzle and RGN|Kiwikaki in the process. This kid is GOOD.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

So apparently SCII's random number generator hates me and Ellibereth....
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

TVP
OR PVT

50 MILLION GODDAMN RVR'S IN A ROW
FLASH OF GREEN
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Just purchased my spectator pass for MLG Orlando. ANyone else going tob e there?
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:39 am

Post by AGar »

Negatory. I might potentially be at IEM however. TBD still.

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:50 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

DRG vs Thorzain game 2 from DreamHack Valencia Invitational was oddly Brood Waresque.

Thorzain is quite patient.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Kinetic »

In post 1460, TheButtonmen wrote:DRG vs Thorzain game 2 from DreamHack Valencia Invitational was oddly Brood Waresque.

Thorzain is quite patient.

Game 4 my god!
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Otolia »

Thorzain was so close to win. There was so much marines lost during the 5 games ><.

At least, it shows that the gap between Korea and Europe is not that wide.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by AGar »

No, it is. Thorzain has been living in Korea for a month or so now.

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Kinetic »

There are certain players that can play that well with practice.

Idra (although he is slumping), Huk, Select among Americans

Nani, Thorzain, Morrow, Dimaga have all shown moments of brilliance and can show them again among Europeans.

I think the scene will always have a larger percentage of Koreans among the top, but I'd like to think eventually it will get to the point where the Foreign scene competes pretty well. Right now the Foreign
fan
scene is much better for SC2.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1463, AGar wrote:No, it is. Thorzain has been living in Korea for a month or so now.

It certainly upped his level, but he wasn't a part of the system, he used it and that's the way to go, it isn't BW anymore.

On another level, Complexity Gaming are fucking assholes, picking up Stephano overnight without letting his team do the news first was VERY rude. How is that hard to understand for Americans.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by Kinetic »

In post 1465, Otolia wrote:On another level, Complexity Gaming are fucking assholes, picking up Stephano overnight without letting his team do the news first was VERY rude. How is that hard to understand for Americans.

I had to actually search REALLY hard to find any "drama" about this. Frankly,the drama is coming from "xeris" (aka, the asshole who basically thinks of himself as on par with the god of e-sports, is responsible for the odd tournament structure of the NASL, is a manager on Fnatic at team that has no stake at all in this, and who is known among the community as a dick).

CoL picked up an un-contracted player who had expressed interest in moving on from a team that made it abundantly clear they only were uninterested in any international event. As the move was very known within the community (hell, I even heard about it before the announcement) CoL announced it as soon as everything was finalized.

How hard is it for non-Americans to understand that "rude" in business means virtually nothing. Some people refer to "rudeness" or "disrespect" and stir up crap when they are just unhappy with the decisions grown men make. I haven't heard anything from Mill themselves, but everyone stirring up drama needs to grow up.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by Otolia »

Thanks for proving my point Kinetic. Respect is something related to culture. And there are differences between the French and the Americans. Respect means maybe nothing to you and that's your call but it doesn't mean it is invalid for everyone. Money rules in the US, traditions rule in France. It is time to widen your horizon.

And I am impressed you even know Millenium ... But you are wrong about the international events, it is a matter of cost-efficiency (MLG being the utter fooltrap it is) not interest.

Oh and Xeris was just defending the point I made, which I am surprised you didn't see (since you obviously read TL), it has nothing to do with drama. It is just correctly expressed criticism (at least it was in TL, I just rage here :P )

EDIT : And yes, I rage here because I don't want to get banned on TL [redacted]
EDIT 2 : I'll make an update post after I get the news from [M]
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Otolia, do you conduct all of your conversations with this ridiculous level of self-importance or do you only use it when talking to Kinetic? Just wondering.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1468, DeathRowKitty wrote:Otolia, do you conduct all of your conversations with this ridiculous level of self-importance or do you only use it when talking to Kinetic? Just wondering.

• No, but I do when I rage.
  • I am self-important, it is an issue. Being arrogant is certainly not something to be proud of but that's who I am and I have to live with it.
  • When you tell someone to 'grow up', you can't expect to be treated nicely afterwards. It is intended to be humiliating.
  • Kinetic knows only the english side of the story which makes him not understand why it is making me angry and I can't really blame him for that.
  • Though badly expressed, my point stills stands, whether or not you find complexity's move douchey from where you stand from where I stand it is and my opinion is no less valuable than Kinetic's one.
  • You reacted on me being an douche with Kinetic while you don't react to coL being asses with the french community (news published during the night so it forced the [M] team to copy the coL statement in their own news. That's really humiliating) Is it fair for you ?
  • People don't stir up drama because they need to grow up but because they have to face a situation where they were not treated nicely and they can't do anything about it. Cynicism, sarcasm and insults are the weapons of those who haven't anything else.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:04 pm

Post by Kinetic »

In post 1467, Otolia wrote:Thanks for proving my point Kinetic. Respect is something related to culture. And there are differences between the French and the Americans. Respect means maybe nothing to you and that's your call but it doesn't mean it is invalid for everyone. Money rules in the US, traditions rule in France. It is time to widen your horizon.

And I am impressed you even know Millenium ... But you are wrong about the international events, it is a matter of cost-efficiency (MLG being the utter fooltrap it is) not interest.

Oh and Xeris was just defending the point I made, which I am surprised you didn't see (since you obviously read TL), it has nothing to do with drama. It is just correctly expressed criticism (at least it was in TL, I just rage here :P )

EDIT : And yes, I rage here because I don't want to get banned on TL [redacted]
EDIT 2 : I'll make an update post after I get the news from [M]

I love the blanket statements. I can make them too. Whenever anyone visits France, despite the Americans who the French can thank for not having to speak German, the French act like self-important assholes. Hey that was fun. -.-

I never said respect means nothing, but you're getting butt hurt over nothing
in this particular situation
. Mill. was holding Stephano back, he was not under contract (and I'm assuming not under salary either), Mill refused to send him to international tournaments, recruit players to help him practice, etc etc etc. He moved on. No one said anything bad about Mill, not one said they were a bad team, but their goals didn't align with Stephanos. Enough said. Complaining about "respect" is meaningless because it simply sounds like you're trying to make something out of nothing. Your only "fact" is they announced it at a certain time, but you don't even have any evidence that this wasn't completely expected to happen as soon as it was finalized and Mill knew that. The only "respect" you care about is one of your favorite players is no longer on the same team. Big deal.

I
thought
that may have been you, but frankly, you're the only one (besides Xeris, but you know how I feel about him) mentioning anything about Respect, or how Mill. was disrespected here. Frankly, here and there, you are the only one saying anything about it (save Xeris). If Mill said something, maybe we'd have an issue, but even then some peoples need to get over it.

Maybe I'm overreacting and not seeing your side, but frankly I've seen this over and over again, and constantly the "big bad americans" are being painted as the bad guys, and that just isn't so. No one forced Stephano or anyone else to do anything. Mill had plenty of time before everything was finalized, but they sat on their hands and were "surprised".

If you want to take nationalities out of this, I'm ok with that as well. CoL made a move that may have been "disrespectful" to one company. Fine. I don't agree, but be that as it may, that is all this is. This isn't an international incident. This isn't the Americans declaring war on the French (or the Koreans). CoL had to make a statement as soon as everything was final or face a situation like the one EG faced with Puma. And if you read everything that happened after that fiasco, you'd probably realize that although EG may have stumbled, it was blown way out of proportion from what it really was.

Edit Note: Ironic that you say traditions rule, and then widen your horizon. Isn't it the other way around, don't you widen your horizons by breaking with "tradition"?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:21 pm

Post by Otolia »

Nah, the Americans thing is a trope I used whenever I wanna pissed someone's off in MS. Pretty efficient I should say though it makes me look like a douche, which is fair I guess. I was 'just' raging.

I can tell you Mill isn't happy about how it turned out. Stephano was supposed to leave the team today - after his TV show - and join coL whenever he wanted afterwards. He only blossomed during the Summer; that's 4 months. I knew this kid when he played WC3 and we, his fans for more than 3 months, felt like he deserved to go honorably not having to comply to a new regimen even before he could say himself to his fans that he was leaving. coL forced his and Mill's hands by announcing it just after the deal was sealed, it was a commercial move because he is more famous than all of their players except the MVP one's. Whereas it was known for a long time, I don't know; LwL (the manager) probably knew for a long time but I'm not informed of that kind of thing inside.

Aside from the form, it's a dumb move because Millenium was racking up money to send him abroad and he put them in a difficult spot. He was too greedy otherwise he would have been a member of mouz who recruited biGs instead of him. And since the team leagues are overall very poorly organized - EGCL V was a total mess, with admin not showing up on time and not distributing penalties when due - it isn't worth it to keep a player like him when he wants too much money - which is what he wants.

PS : There are still a lot of differences about how money and companies relations are handled in France and the US. Even in science this kind of thing happen and god knows most scientist only cares about their work. Some just only care about the money however ...
PS 2 : I speak German too :p
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Otolia is quite the
redacted, don't want to get banned
green shirt thursdays
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:27 am

Post by AGar »

Otolia, you have no clue about anything when it comes to how this industry works. Just saying.

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:31 am

Post by Kinetic »

In post 1471, Otolia wrote:Nah, the Americans thing is a trope I used whenever I wanna pissed someone's off in MS. Pretty efficient I should say though it makes me look like a douche, which is fair I guess. I was 'just' raging.

I can tell you Mill isn't happy about how it turned out. Stephano was supposed to leave the team today - after his TV show - and join coL whenever he wanted afterwards. He only blossomed during the Summer; that's 4 months. I knew this kid when he played WC3 and we, his fans for more than 3 months, felt like he deserved to go honorably not having to comply to a new regimen even before he could say himself to his fans that he was leaving. coL forced his and Mill's hands by announcing it just after the deal was sealed, it was a commercial move because he is more famous than all of their players except the MVP one's. Whereas it was known for a long time, I don't know; LwL (the manager) probably knew for a long time but I'm not informed of that kind of thing inside.

Aside from the form, it's a dumb move because Millenium was racking up money to send him abroad and he put them in a difficult spot. He was too greedy otherwise he would have been a member of mouz who recruited biGs instead of him. And since the team leagues are overall very poorly organized - EGCL V was a total mess, with admin not showing up on time and not distributing penalties when due - it isn't worth it to keep a player like him when he wants too much money - which is what he wants.

PS : There are still a lot of differences about how money and companies relations are handled in France and the US. Even in science this kind of thing happen and god knows most scientist only cares about their work. Some just only care about the money however ...
PS 2 : I speak German too :p

First, while mouz is a fine team, and I remember them from the WC3 days, CoL is a major market international team. Some people don't feel the CoL/MVP deal is a big deal, but it is. Not to mention CoL is in more games than just SC2 and that brings stability. mouz just doesn't have that.

Frankly, while I agree money isn't the only thing, saying it is unimportant and someone should just be happy to play is bullshit. I know that is not exactly what you said, but this is their job. Selfishness and greed is good as long as it is not taken to extremes. In order to survive, we as a species has to be selfish. We survive because we selfishly feel we are more important than the bacteria in the air we breath, the animals and plants that we eat, and all the habitats we take over to raise our off-spring in. If he can make more money, and has more opportunity, with another team, he has every right to go for it instead of waiting for the maybe. [M] has stated they intend on focusing on France and forsaking the international scene. That's why the lost ToD recently too.

BTW, not sure if you followed wcreplays, but for a while I went by the name Kyuubi on there and did some casting back in the day.

PS: Not surprising you know German. I'm jealous i wish i knew more languages than English, but remember the only reason France isn't a German colony is because of red-white-and blue. Although I suppose if we're being fair if it wasn't for the French Blockade at Yorktown then perhaps the American Revolution wouldn't have been won in our favor.

Return to “The Arcade”