BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:19 am

Post by BabyJesus »

I'm wondering if scum can only kill people in the same room as them?
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:05 pm

Post by bigAl »

Fuldu wrote:Also, unless you're relying on something in addition to your role as you've described it, I'd already thought of the all-in-one-room strategy and it doesn't work. Assuming scum can kill from a different room, they
say
they went to the same room as everyone else, make their kill, and then say you didn't see them in the room because they didn't have an action.
It would be able to find out all the pro-town power roles, if townies and scum would not show up. Though there's no way to force everyone to go to one room, and letting Flay find out all the pro-town power roles might not be a good thing. Also, if the scum need to be in the same room as their target, it would make it much easier for them to kill people.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:41 pm

Post by Bamboomancer »

Wow, paranoid much flay? nice kneejerk reaction to a simple statement. I expected it from BJ but I thought you at least had some sense.
Show
SIG TIME.

Okay, it's not BABOOM. It's not BAMBOOM.
It's Bamboomancer: like necromancer, but with bamboo instead of necro.

So to recap:
I am not a Baboom. I am some sort of bamboo magic man.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:20 pm

Post by kops »

ok, i'm here
I, too would like to know why bamboo is against saying the room he went to
I will refrain for now as well, but if anybody has any valid reason to want to know, I will say where I went (I was here just long enough to send in my choice)
In fact, I'm actually wondering if a mass room claim will get us anywhere, although since we still are unsure how scum kill, it actually may do little.
Another thing I was thinking about is if all of us went to the same room... under the (somewhat large) assumption that the doc protects everone in the same room as him, then it seems the scum can't actually kill anyone... on the other hand, that does seem like something the mod would protect against for balance reasons, so maybe that wouldn't work either... something to think about though

Oh, haha, I just noticed Flay came up with the same idea... I definately think we should consider this

Well, those are my ideas for now, I'm actually not too suspicious of anyone for the moment (assuming bamboomancer can give us some sort of reason for refusing to tell us his room), but we'll see how things go
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:22 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Bamboomancer wrote:Wow, paranoid much flay? nice kneejerk reaction to a simple statement. I expected it from BJ but I thought you at least had some sense.
still waiting for your room choice, guy.
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:35 pm

Post by Bamboomancer »

still giving you the forum equivalent of the finger, guy

I'm not sure how rooms work and until I am, I'm not saying without one-to-lynch pressure. This bandwagon has no basis, because you're not DISCUSSING why you're even voting for me. This isn't a LaL or an unhelpful person situation, this is a straw man attack.
Show
SIG TIME.

So to recap:
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:13 pm

Post by Tamuz »

The forum equivolent would be nnlnn for your information.

But why are you so afriad when everyone else isn't?
It may be straw manning, but your comment is still awry and should be explained.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:31 pm

Post by bigAl »

I can see a possible advantage of not claiming where you are staying future nights, but none in not claiming where you were past nights. That said, this is getting to be a bigger deal than it's worth, I think.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:35 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Well if anyone can prove Flay wrong, they should definitely come out and claim that.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:11 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

well I wasn't in the same room as flay, if you care to know that I will tell you that.
Show
SIG TIME.

So to recap:
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:59 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Fuldu wrote:unless you're relying on something in addition to your role as you've described it, I'd already thought of the all-in-one-room strategy and it doesn't work. Assuming scum can kill from a different room, they
say
they went to the same room as everyone else, make their kill, and then say you didn't see them in the room because they didn't have an action.
Ahh. Good point... idea rescinded. kops, I'm only willing to guess about doc-protect-all roles if we get evidence of a scum-kill-all role. Seems premature for now.

Let's take a different tack. Do we have any thoughts on why there was no kill last night? Scum confusion strategy? Doc protection? Have-to-be-in-the-same-room kill mechanism? I still don't really like Bamboomancer's reticience, but it seems like poor play for a scum to crack that easy on D2...that said, keeping my vote on him for now. I don't have any real investment in whether or not he tells now, since he says he wasn't in the room and therefore I can't validate him one way or the other.
Retired as of October 2014.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:59 am

Post by kops »

I've been thinking a little about a mass room claim (from last night), while there is a chance it won't yield anything, it's also possible that we might be able to find a pattern from it. Perhaps we can determine must-be-in-the-same-room kills if we notice a lot of rooms had only one person in them or maybe some other possibility. Unless somebody can point out what harm might come of it, I don't really see much of a downside.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:30 am

Post by Fuldu »

Very simply put, we don't know how mafia kills work, but the mafia presumably do. They are far more likely to learn something about why (and the associated who) there wasn't a kill last night than we are. I see a much greater likelihood of mafia gleaning a useful target from the room claim than us learning much of anything.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:19 am

Post by kops »

OK, I suppose that's a good point, but I am a little confused as to why you say they are more likely to find out why there wasn't a kill.
As far as I can see, here are a couple scenarios:
1) Kill in the same room--that means they
probably
pick one person to get a list of who is in the room w/ them or something of the sort, so they would already know who was responsible for blocking them (assuming of course there is a same-room block as well)
2) Kill in a different room--I see no reason why they wouldn't have just targeted the conservatory, knowing people were in there, in which case again, theyre not going to learn much of anything that way either

although i suppose on the other hand, depending on how it all works, they could lie... perhaps if anybody knows which room certain other people were in (e.g. they used in ability to determine, for examples sake BJ was in the dining room), maybe they should speak up. Of course it's possible that role doesnt even exist in this game (I will say that's not my role), but if it does, it may be worth it to have them come out.

I guess overall, we really don't know whether it would help or hurt us, but its definately something to think about maybe for the endgame, if not now.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:33 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

It's early overall to be outing a bunch of power roles... we could try to play Mafia for a little while....

Right now I'm leaning toward BJ or Bamboomancer, actually. Bj for his slightly odd behavior yesterday, Bamboo for today. But we need more people posting...
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:26 am

Post by Orbiting »

Noodling About Vote Count:

Bamboomancer: 2 (MeMe, Mr. Flay)

Not Voting: Fuldu, Bamboomancer, BigAl, kops, BabyJesus, Tamuz, elvis_knits
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:30 am

Post by bigAl »

kops wrote:1) Kill in the same room--that means they
probably
pick one person to get a list of who is in the room w/ them or something of the sort, so they would already know who was responsible for blocking them (assuming of course there is a same-room block as well)
It seems that this would be impossible; the scum would first have to wait for all the other night choices in before making any kind of decision, and BJ didn't send a night choice so it's probably not likely.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:12 am

Post by MeMe »

Orbiting wrote:
Noodling About Vote Count:

Bamboomancer: 2 (MeMe, Mr. Flay)
First time I've
ever
been confused with BabyJesus.

I agree that it's probably smarter to sit on last night's room choices until we understand the game a bit better: whatever happened last night
worked
-- could have been doc, block, or that mafia was thwarted by not knowing where to go.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:45 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

bigAl wrote:
probably
It seems that this would be impossible; the scum would first have to wait for all the other night choices in before making any kind of decision, and BJ didn't send a night choice so it's probably not likely.
Wait, why do you categorically believe BabyJesus when he says he didn't make a night choice?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I agree it is very unlike BabyJesus to forget to make a night choice. Also to forget to check in around deadline and help us lynch someone. He just let his vote sit.

vote babyjesus
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:51 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Mr. Flay wrote:
bigAl wrote:
probably
Wait, why do you categorically believe BabyJesus when he says he didn't make a night choice?
:roll:

why on earth would I lie about that?
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:52 am

Post by BabyJesus »

elvis_knits wrote:I agree it is very unlike BabyJesus to forget to make a night choice. Also to forget to check in around deadline and help us lynch someone. He just let his vote sit.

vote babyjesus
trying for the easy lynch, huh? pretty sure elvis is scum here.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:20 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm beginning to think elvis_knits
and
BabyJesus are scum. Why didn't you vote for her there, BJ, if you're pretty sure she's scum?

Unvote: Bamboomancer, Vote: elvis_knits
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:35 pm

Post by bigAl »

Mr. Flay wrote:Wait, why do you categorically believe BabyJesus when he says he didn't make a night choice?
I don't know if it's true or not, but either way, I don't think that there would be time for everyone to make a night-choice, give the scum the info about who is in there room with them, allow the scum to discuss actions and then get the scum's night choice in. The deadline for night-choices was 96 hours, and D2 started about a day after that.

And knowing BJ, it does seem odd that he would not vote.
vote: BabyJesus
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

BabyJesus wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I agree it is very unlike BabyJesus to forget to make a night choice. Also to forget to check in around deadline and help us lynch someone. He just let his vote sit.

vote babyjesus
trying for the easy lynch, huh? pretty sure elvis is scum here.
Just because I put one vote on you? That seems like scum overreaction to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”