Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Nikanor »

The Call of Cathulhu

on dfces uhjp[oln a tyi ew tyherer w3ad a
c atg n asm3ed 'lk.lwaivfe3.b he anhde hyiseeeeeee rrfuiendsw hyatrew dfol gtd anhjdf weab tg 5trhek aLKK R5TO G9O AWay/. will; ytou aNSAWQERF TRHEW CAL;LK
Spoiler: translation
Once upon a time there was a cat named Olive. He and his friends hate dogs and want them all to go away. Will you answer the call?
(Note: This is the only thing in the game that will be translated.)

Game Type:
Large Theme, 16p.

Game Features:
Roles will be fairly normal. This isn't a vanillaless or bastard game. However, my cat will be writing everything from role PMs to vote counts. Alignments will be explicit (a conveniently avatar-sized picture of your role will be included in your role PM), but unless you can understand the above flavour, don't expect to know much else about your role. Fake pictures, etc, will of course be provided for the scum.
Because my cat doesn't have a very long attention span when it comes to writing, don't expect written flavour to be very verbose. Most flavour (especially death scenes) will be recorded on video camera and posted on youtube for your viewing pleasure.

There are six pre-in slots left. PM me quickly before you miss out!
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:38 am

Post by zoraster »

This is so weird. I actually had a half-awake/half-asleep idea the other night about running "Cat Mafia" where powers for each day were assigned by the positioning of my three cats at that point in the day. In retrospect, I have no idea what that would enTAIL (har har har) but a coincidence nonetheless.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:32 am

Post by shaft.ed »

shaft.ed wrote:Cue Music

Announcing:

Kids in the Hall Mafia

Do you have a good attitude towards menstruation? Has someone ever stolen your bike wheel? Do you agree with Helen? Do you keep cab fair in your pocket just in case you run into a bass player? Are you frequently wondering what's with all the hoopla? Would you like to touch Paul Bellini? Has someone ever taken you to a Leaf's game?

Well then try it now.

PM me for pre-ins or if you'd like to participate in moding

Now in sign ups
Grab a spot while they last
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Oversoul »

NIKANOR

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE LET ME /PRE-IN TO THAT
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Wraith »

Imperial Intrigue Mafia

Hail the Primarch, the Primarch is dead! Belisarius Argelev XI, last surviving male of the ruling klan of the Imperium, died a fortnight ago in his sleep. It has been two years since the end of the Great War, that sixteen-year slaughter between the Imperium and an alliance of East and West which shook the world. In those sixteen years, every son of House Argelev died, one way or another - and now the Imperium, now standing astride the world, faces the first crisis of succession since the fall of the First Empire over fifteen-hundred years ago. "Lost heirs" appear regularly, be it from East, West, or within the Imperium itself. Many are negligible, others have strong claims.

Beran
Garen Sturmengard, bearing the brand of the Primarch's privy seal, sits upon the Burning Throne, delaying the elective Conclave of Nobles until he can disseminate a true heir from the chaff and rise him to his newfound chair. As he sits brooding, the world stirs. Plots centuries in the making mobilize, preparing to sieze power in the greatest nation in the world. From North, East, and West, rightful heirs, disgruntled nobles, and cunning usurpers assemble armies and march upon the Imperial capital of Orogoth. Emissaries from all sides flock to the
Beran
's court in the same city, each with their own inscrutable agendas. Storm clouds and vultures alike gather in preparation for the coming storm. Many will fall, only one will win.

The Iron Crown calls.

Moderator: Wraith
Backup: Nocmen

-24 players
-Accepting pre-/ins via PM
-Require at least one non-newbie game on-site
-Be forewarned, alignments are subject to change at a moment's notice
-Original Flavor is fun to write, yay!
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Magua »

The town was pensive. The verdict was unambiguous; even as Mr. Smith swung creakily from the gallows above, it was becoming quite clear that he was not one of the evildoers that had infiltrated the formerly peaceful village.

As the sun slipped below the horizon, many of the townspeople retired to their houses, to sleep away a fitful night with only the hope that they would still be alive in the coming dawn.

But not all.

Here and there, some stayed only briefly at their houses, gathering robes and masks, candles and charms. They assembled in their small groups in cellars and barns, whispering to eachother the words of invocation and initiation. Signs were given, handshakes were made.

And in the gutteral flickering of candlelight, hidden from the prying eyes of the outsiders, each secret society plotted its next move.

Secret Society Mafia

Game Type:
25 player Large Theme
Moderator:
Magua
Reviewed By:
Andrius, Vi
Special Mechanics:
Recruiting neighborhoods with powers, and mechanics for determining which neighbor gets to use the power each Night
The Promise:
No cults, no jesters
Player Requirements:
At least two games completed on-site, and for you to not be on my bad side

Coming September/October! PM me to pre-/in!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Magician Mafia

This guy really looks like a schmuck doesn't he?

The Magic Castle is beset on all sides by those who would see it burned to the ground; can the Magicians who hone their craft inside defend it from this egregious assault or will it crumble despite their efforts and the art and history of magic lost for all time.

Game Type: 13 player Mini Theme
The Promise: No cults, no jesters
Player Requirements: No explicit requirements; but the mod (that's me) reserves the right to decline troublemakers and nuisances of all sorts.

Two pre-in spots remaining, PM me if interested.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Kdub »

Video Game UPick Mafia

Mod:
Kdub
Setup reviewers/co-designers:
Faraday, Empking

This will be a large theme for 17 players. When you /in, you will PM me the name of any video game. You will be given a character from that game as a role. Your choice of game will not affect your alignment. I am requiring that players have completed at least one theme game on site. Pre-ins accepted via PM.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by smargaret »

Stargate: SG-1 Mafia

Mod: smargaret

Reviewers: Empking and Porochaz

This is a mini-theme for 13 players, which means I have six pre-ins available. The game covers the entire run of Stargate: SG-1 (ie, characters who never appeared together in the show may both be in the game), but lack of flavor knowledge shouldn't be an issue. There are no cults or jesters. Deadlines will be 2 weeks/3 days. I'm on hold in the mini-theme queue until after October 10, so I expect the game to start in mid-October.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Faraday »

6/6 pre-in slots already filled. Don't miss out. The Shadow Moses incident could be about to be re-written.
Last edited by Faraday on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Max »

The Aftermath

With the Cult Leader gone you thought you had all been rehabilitated. Unfortunately it appears not everyone could be. Today the Psychiatrist was found dead. Well, at least we assume he’s dead, at the very least he’s decapitated. His
body
has yet to be found. Which is a shame, as those organs could have been handy for the local hospital *shrugs* some murderers are so inconsiderate.
The psychiatrist was loved by all *rehabilitated* cult members... LOGIC DICTATES there are murderers among us. Most sane people would send for the police, but nobody round here trusts them. Especially considering the last time the police came half of you were arrested, and the cult leader died. The time before that they arrested the cat rapist, but that has long since been forgotten... Well, the cat hasn't but...

We know one thing; these sick religious nuts must be found! Oh, did I mention that they’re likely going to kill you if you don’t?

Players
: 21 (10.5 Pre Ins.
Minimum Requirement
: 6 Months On Site (or if an alt I'll accept less) and I'll operate on a Wisdom of The Crowds basis.
Explanation of Theme
:
- There are
No
cults - it's set in the Aftermath of a cult.
- All members of the town will have a theme and character name. "YAY"
- The game is not power heavy. The emphasis is on the way the day game is played.
- There are
No
third parties. Simple mafia vs town.

I expect to be starting sign-ups from Early October. I will be operating a *prod-heavy* scheme and I will not force deadlines until discussion lags.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Max »

EBWOP: By prod-heavy I mean that any player may send a prod, I will still provide the mod-prods.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 260, Max wrote:

I expect to be starting sign-ups from Early October. I will be operating a *prod-heavy* scheme and I will not force deadlines until discussion lags.

Going retro, eh?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Max »

In post 262, zoraster wrote:Going retro, eh?

I'm offering a more relaxed game for more relaxed people *shrugs*
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Coming soonish: Mafia on the Gulf Coast!

• 25-player Large Normal
  • 2-week deadlines
  • 72 hours to prod, then another 48 to replace

Mod: Trumpet of Doom
Backup mod: shaft.ed

Currently, there are 12 pre-in slots left. If you'd like one, PM me.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Isabella Swan
Isabella Swan
Townie
Isabella Swan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Isabella Swan »

I knew that we had only one chance to do this right.

If we could not convince them that we had not done anything wrong, that we had nothing worth taking, they would end us all in that clearing. We'd had a full month to prepare for this, yet we would be no match for them. They were far too powerful. Given all that I had learned about them these past few weeks, I knew that they wouldn't let us go if they decided to rule against us. If -- no, when -- it came to an all-out battle with the Volturi, we would assuredly lose.

I was not concerned for my own safety. I had long since accepted that I would not survive this. My objective here was to convince the Volturi to not fight us, or I would die trying to protect the ones I loved.

Game Type:
Large Theme, 24 players
Moderators:
Equinox and Faraday (as Isabella Swan)
Reviewers:
Lady Lambdadelta, Mina, mykonian
The Promise:
No cult or jesters, mostly canon flavor
Player Requirements:
At least 2 completed games and no history of repeated flaking

Warning:
The flavor will lampoon the
Breaking Dawn
book and film adaptations.

Spoiler: Rules

> Fundamental

1. The sitewide rules and guidelines apply. Please be familiar with them, and don't do anything stupid.
  2. Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you may do so, do not discuss this game outside of the game thread.
  3. Do not quote any private communication. This includes, but is not limited to, communications with the moderator and messages between masons, neighbours, and hydra partners. Doing so will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing is allowed.
  4. Play nice. Step over the line of what we feel is acceptable, and we will either warn or forcibly replace you.
  5. Do not use out-of-game influences. This includes signature bets, avatar bets, and threats of blacklisting.

> Voting, Lynching, and Death

1. Days will last 2 weeks. Nights will last 48 hours. Deadline extensions will be made only for extreme circumstances.
  2. Treat this game as a commitment. Try your best to stay active.
  3. Prods will be issued after 48 hours of inactivity. If you require constant prodding, we will lose patience and replace you. Players may request prods at any time as long as they are within reason.
  4. If you do not respond
    in the game thread
    within 24 hours of getting prodded, we will begin searching for a replacement. If you come back before a replacement is found, you may stay in the game.
  5. Things come up in life. If you need to be away, please let us and the players know by announcing V/LA. We will be flexible, but if you cannot be here for a significant amount of time, we will have to replace you.
  6. Lynches occur through simple majority (50% of living players + 1, rounded down). If no majority is reached at deadline or there is a majority of votes for No Lynch, Day will end without a lynch. Once majority is reached, no further votes or unvotes will count.
  7. If we do not receive your action by deadline, your action is forfeited. You may submit ahead of time; you can also make as many changes as necessary, and at deadline we will take the last action you submitted. Actions may be submitted via PM or QuickTopic.

> Other Information

1. No external mechanism or website may be used to prove that an action or decision was made randomly. For example, players may roll dice to choose who claims first, but you will have to trust the player rolling to be an honest fellow. Yes, that means no dice tags.
  2. Purple
    and mech font are reserved for the moderators. Avoid using font colours that are difficult to read.
  3. We will post vote counts as often as possible. Feel free to request vote counts.
  4. It's more than possible that we have missed a rule or left a loophole. Do not try to exploit them, or we will punish you. If something is unclear, do not hesitate to ask.
  5. We reserve the right to add, modify, or remove rules as necessary. We will notify you of all changes in the thread.
  6. Flavour is for entertainment purposes only and has no significance in the game.
  7. Have fun, and play to win the game!

Welcome to Breaking Dawn Mafia, XXX!

You are
Isabella Swan, a
Sparkly-aligned vanilla townie

Arizona! My, how you've grown. You went from a tasty little red pawn to the almighty white queen! That should be a great accomplishment, but you've been quite blessed in terms of how easily things come to you. You had to think deeply upon your choices during your time here in Forks, yet you've had relatively few consequences to face. Jacob still had it in his heart to forgive you and even imprinted on your baby girl. Despite being turned into a vampire, you don't have the weaknesses of typical newborns yet have all of their strengths. You didn't have to abandon your human life. That is
so
not fair.

Abilities

[A] Vote: Each day, you may vote someone to lynch.

Win Condition

You win when all threats to the Sparkly-aligned players have been eliminated and at least one Sparkly-aligned player remains alive.

Please confirm by PM. The game thread is located here.
Pre-/ins
(5/12)

Ant_to_the_max
Iecerint
Katsuki
Maruchan
Seraphim
coming soon to a Theme Park near you in early 2012! PM to pre-/in now! 3 slots remaining.
Isabella Swan
Isabella Swan
Townie
Isabella Swan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Isabella Swan »

EBWOP: Missed two other pre-/ins. Sorry, hiplop and Sotty7! We haven't forgotten!

5 more slots, get 'em while they still smell fresh!
coming soon to a Theme Park near you in early 2012! PM to pre-/in now! 3 slots remaining.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 265, Isabella Swan wrote:
Moderators:
Equinox (as Isabella Swan) and Faraday (as whatever account he's logged in as at the moment)

Fixed an error in your signups ^-^
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:53 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 136, DarthYoshi wrote:Image

Entered into the Mini Theme Queue (instead of my Pilgrimage Pillage game, which was nixed when I took over modding a different game)...

Community: Paintball Assassin Mafia!

: DarthYoshi
Backup Moderator
: Magua
Setup Reviewer
: Empking

Players
: 13
Pre-/in's left
: 5, so PM me to reserve your spot!
Requirements
:
-At least one completed non-Newbie MafiaScum game without being replaced or modkilled.
-Not be on my or Magua’s personal blacklists.

Setup and Flavor:
This is a closed setup based on the television series “Community.” It is the end-of-year game of Paintball Assassin! Greendale students have run out of paintballs...but you've got plenty of rope for lynching! You have my guarantee of no cults, jesters, survivors, or otherwise bastard modding. Flavor knowledge is recommended, but not required. Both major and minor characters will be present.

Big-time bump from a while ago to say that this game will (finally!) be hitting signups next week. There are three confirmed pre-/in's atm (Albert B Rampage, Amrun, and xReckonerx), and I am waiting to hear back from a couple other of my earlier pre-/in's. Hope to see you in the game!
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:29 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

"What are they all talking about?" Candy asked Mischief. "Besides me."

"The harbor," he replied.

"What harbor?" Candy said. "There's no harbor here. This is Minnesota. We're hundreds of miles from the ocean. No, thousands."

"Perhaps we're thousands of miles from any ocean you are familiar with, lady," said John Fillet, with a gap-toothed smile. "But there are oceans and oceans. Seas and seas."

Abarat Mafia is an upcoming Mini Theme based on the first book of the Abarat series by Clive Barker. Flavor knowledge is not required but will significantly increase your enjoyment of the game. (You have time to read it if you start now!)

It is a two-faction game between the Forces of
Day
and the Forces of
Night
. As a consequence of this, there are no jesters, cultists, lynchers, or survivors.

The game will not be run for at least a month, judging by my position in the queue. There are 3 pre/in slots remaining at the time of writing. You must have one completed game on-site. I reserve the right to refuse certain individuals in to my game. Don't miss your chance to influence the Grand Council of the Hours!

Life is short,
and pleasures few,
and holed the ship,
and drowned the crew,
but o! But o!
How very blue
The sea is!
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Thomith »

They
Slowly
walked in... all 13 of them,
unaware
of the trap that they were getting themselves into, well of course the members of the
Mafia
knew what was going on... wait
members of the Mafia?

This... is my
warped
story...
Are you willing to play a part in it?

My not so Humble Abode mafia is second in the Mini Normal queue, and i am accepting 6 pre-ins.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:40 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 0, chkflip wrote:
South Park Mafia II: The Return of Chef

Moderators:
chkflip & Darth Yoshi
Back-Up:
bv310
Reviewers:
farside22, LlamaFluff, zoraster
Pre-Requisite:
A single finished game on MafiaScum.net ; no exceptions

Spoiler: Rules
RULES (slightly modified from StrangerCoug's [and animorpherv])

1. This is a closed setup, which means the only roles you will know in advance are your own and that of any other player I mention in your role PM. All other role information is secret, including how many players with a certain role exist and even if the role exists in the first place. Yes, a game with absolutely no vanilla townies is possible. It's been done before.

2. To vote for a player, bold the word "vote" followed by said player's name, e.g.
    Vote: chkflip
    . As long as I can tell to whom you are referring, spelling does not count and I will accept abbreviated or otherwise shortened forms of the name of the vote's recipient. If you change your mind about whom you want lynched,
    you must bold an unvote
    , preferably in the format
    Unvote: animorpherv1
    . You may also
    Vote: No Lynch
    , unvoted the same way as before, or use the vote code.

Code: Select all

[vote]Username[/vote]
    [unvote]Username[/unvote]

3. A majority of votes is required for a lynch, even at deadline. Once a lynch has been decided, it is final and further votes and unvotes do not count for the current day. If deadline is reached with no player having enough votes for a lynch, the day ends in an automatic No Lynch.

4. Once you're lynched, nightkilled, or modkilled (a modkill ends the day
    ONLY
    if the modkilled player is pro-town), I'll allow one "bah" post that doesn't contain any game-related content if you wish to make it, but you must thereafter stop posting in the game. Said "bah" post is the only post a dead player may make during twilight. Living players may continue to talk during twilight as long as they follow all of the rules.

5. You are not forced to like each other, but the fact that you badly want so and so offed does not give you the right to insult him or her. Please keep your hatred of people or groups thereof to yourself unless you want a warning. Three warnings (or an offensive enough post) and you will be ejected from the game and replaced with someone else.

6. Do not hide text or otherwise hinder its readability by using spoiler tags, invisible text, etc. THIS INCLUDES ENCRYPTED TEXT! You may, however, post in any color that can be easily read against the forum background other than
    steelblue
    . The backup and co-mod reserves the use of whichever color they'd like, to be picked at a later date. Violators will be warned. Doing it again gets replacement.

7. Impersonating the moderator WILL NOT HAPPEN. Doing so, you will be replaced.

8. Unless you're the moderator (that's me, obviously), co-moderator (Darth Yoshi), or backup moderator (bv310) of this game, please do not delete or edit any posts in this thread. If I catch you, you go bye-bye.

9. You are not allowed to discuss this game outside of the thread unless I tell you otherwise, and then only with whom I have allowed you to do so and at your specified time. This is a modkillable offense.

10. Discussing an ongoing game gets you a warning the first time and a
    MODKILL
    the second time.

11. Do not quote or pretend to quote any private communication, either from me or from anyone else you are allowed to talk with at night. This includes your role PM. Violators will be modkilled. You are allowed to paraphrase, but you are not allowed to plagiarize. If in doubt as to your paraphrase's legality, PM me with the wording you want to use.

12. Claiming to be scum with someone else
    will
    result in a modkill.

13. I will issue a prod to any player that does not post for 72 hours without notifying me of his or her absence. (I'm sorry, but I do not check the V/LA thread.) If you are prodded, you will have 48 hours from the time of submission to post in thread. Failure to do so may result in replacement. I will only prod the same player twice after that, he or she must post every 72 hours to ensure that he or she remains in the game.

14. The fastest and preferred way to get ahold of me is by PM'ing me, but you may also communicate to me in thread if it is day or twilight and you are still alive. To do so, bold "Mod (or chkflip):" followed by what you want to tell me, as in
    Mod: Please prod chkflip
    or
    Mod: chkflip should have seven votes, not three.
    Please use your judgment call in whether or not what you want to tell me should be public knowledge before talking to me in the thread. In additon, I will not entertain questions regarding possible night actions, nor will I answer questions about a person's role unless you happen to be the person in question and you ask me privately.

15. I am not God (or a Lawyer). If I make any mistakes whatsoever, please let me know.

16. All rules are subject to change. In my previously modded games, things have come up that I didn't think about, and both my own and other's actions in those games have helped shape and modify these rules. It may happen again here.

17. All lynches and actions are considered to be done instaneously. Obviously I can't be on all the time, so they will be posted as soon as possible. Things will be done in the order that I receive them by PM or in the case of lynches when majority is reached/deadline days is up.

18. Deadline is 72 hours (3 days) for Night, and 2 weeks for Days in Minis, and 3 weeks in Larges.

19. If anyone gets modkilled, they will turn into a Neutral Survivor for all purposes and will lose the game. Day will also end.

20. The most important rule of all, saved for last for what I think is a very good reason:
    HAVE FUN!
    Enjoy! And good luck!

Back Story:

The Beginning
Chef's Revenge

And NOW:

It has been many months since Chef was seen obliterating the faces of several South Park locals. Multiple funerals have been held and many of the townspeople are still greiving, but when has that ever stopped the madness from hitting South Park before? Rhetorical question. This time it isn't Jimbo's gun shop being robbed or even old teachers coming back to settle any sort of score; what is it? An unknown force has infiltrated the small town in Colorado and wants to overturn everything they've known to be normal for so long. Can the locals stop madness from engulfing their little town or will they be overthrown oncemore?

CURRENTLY IN SIGN-UPS
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Modding Account
Modding Account
Townie
Modding Account
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by Modding Account »

Marionette Mafia

Moderated By: Modding Account
Back-Up Mod: LlamaFluff
Reviewed By: Hoopla, LlamaFluff, zoraster
13 player Mini Normal with 5 pre-in spots available.

The puppet master sighed. His act was getting old, and he couldn't afford new puppets. So he decided to write a new act using his same old puppets. He had fourteen of them, and he loved them, and they loved him. Well, most of them did anyway.

Oh yeah, his puppets weren't inanimate. Just thought I should mention that. 

Anyway, the new act proved to be a big success, and the puppet master was  soon swimming in money. 

That may have been a hyperbole, but my teachers taught me that hyperboles are the best thing evar in teh universe. 

One night, a friend came over to visit the puppet master. He asked the puppet master what he was going to do with his newfound riches?

The puppet master responded, "Certainly not get new puppets. I love these puppets, and they love me, and getting rid of them would pain me oh so much."

Unfortunately, a few puppets were listening to the conversation. You might be wondering why that's unfortunate? Well, the old man puppet was there, and he was hard of hearing and a tad senile.

This wouldn't have been a problem if not for the other puppets with him. They were the few puppets that didn't return their master's love. And they convinced the poor senile puppet that their master was going to throw them all out. 

Then some crap about the old puppet being the 'Chosen One' who had to liberate the puppets was talked about. 

So the 'Chosen One' waited until the puppet master's friend went to the bathroom. He then confronted his master. 

"Death to puppets haters," the Chosen One hissed. Then he stabbed the puppet master. 

Oh yeah, he kind of sharpened one of his hands to a point. That's were the stabbing came from.

The Puppet Master, 2-Shot Governor
, has been stabbed multiple times to death N0.[/b] 

Then his friend came back. The only word he got out was "Oh".

The Puppet Master's Friend, 1-Shot Commuter
, has had his vital organs ripped out N0.[/b]
At least his bladder was empty.

With the deeds done, the evil puppets moved in. 

Morning came, but only thirteen puppets were there. They frantically searched for the old man, and found him next to the two human corpses. He was barely alive.  

"How did this happen?" asked one puppet. 

"I... I was a fool. I deserve to die. I killed them. I was tricked by some other puppets. I can't remember exactly what happened after the murders. There might have just been three evil puppets that mobbed me. Or maybe there were four, and then they split into two groups of two? Or maybe it became a three versus one? Or it might have been something else... I don't remember. But do remember. Don't succumb... To... The... The... The EEEEVILLLLLLLL!" And with that, he was dead.

Old Man Puppet, Senile Chosen One
, has mercifully met his maker Pregame.[/b]  

'Met his maker'. That's funny. Because he killed his maker. And now he's dead too. I kill myself some times. 

The thirteen remaining puppets vowed vengeance. They would find the evil scum hiding within them. They would avenge their fallen...

Marionette Mafia
is in D1. PM me to sign up to replace!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 2168, jasonT1981 wrote:

Your game name.
- TV show character UPick Large Theme

The flavour text. - TV Land has always been a peaceful place however a new threat has emerged, someone is going around bumping off characters throughout the various TV networks of the world. Big name characters are expected to be hit at random can you stop the killers before it is too late? And get this, UPick your character you want to be via PM

The number of players.

Player Requirement
: All welcome

Pre-In
- 7 pre-ins

Notes:
No Cult will be in this game.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:09 am

Post by zoraster »

OUTWITTED

This is a game that takes a simple concept and sees how players use it to outwit each other. The concept is simple: roles will conflict with each other, and one will win out. Each player is given cards and plays those along with their power. If their card(s) total more than the player they conflict with, the power works. For example, a mafia might try and kill someone by playing an 8. A doctor might protect that same player with a 9. The kill wouldn't go through. But if the doctor had only played a 5, it would.

This game is
Night Start
and in order to play
all players
must pass a simple logic puzzle.

Current pre-ins:
  1. SpyreX
  2. LLamarble
  3. Klazam
  4. hitogoroshi (maybe)

I have space for two or three more pre-ins (depending on hito). I currently have 7 mods in front of me in the queue. Even if I run out of pre-in spots, I'd be happy to preapprove you to sign up with the logic puzzle.

=====
Logic Puzzle Joining Barrier

There are three requirements to play this game:
1. You must have at least one completed game on site.
2. You must not have a serious problem with any of the players in the game.
3. You must score a 2 out of 3 or higher on a logic puzzle.

When you /in to join (or /pre-in) you will be PMed a logic puzzle with three questions to complete. To play, you must complete the puzzle and score at least a 2 out of 3 on it. If you fail to do so, you will not be allowed to play. No exceptions.

Spoiler: Game Details
Basis of Game

Unless stated otherwise, each player will receive 10 cards, one each between 1-10. Each time a power is attempted to be used, a player must play at least one card and may play more than one. If his power comes into conflict with another power (e.g. doc vs. night kill), the higher total wins. If a player runs out of cards,
he may not use his power.

Night Start

This game is a Night Start game, beginning on Night 1. By playing you accept the swing inherent in a night start.

Conflicting Actions

In any conflicting action there is an
offensive
power and a
defensive
power. For example, in a cop investigation on a godfather, the cop is the offensive power and the godfather the defensive. Or in a night kill versus a doctor protect, the night kill is offensive, the doctor defensive.

In a tie between two powers, the
defensive power always wins.
Note: Powers may be defensive in some regards and offensive in others (e.g. a jailkeeper roleblocking someone is offensive, but protecting against an action is defensive).

Setup Composition:

You know this setup has: at least two investigative roles, at least one protective role, a single mafia team, no third parties, and at least one town bulletproof (role PM below). All town roles will be roles familiar to an experienced player, though mechanically modified to fit the theme.

Total Points Played Report

Unless there are 5 or fewer players, every
odd
day there will be a "total points played" report at the start of the day. This will add together the point values of all played cards in the game.

Spoiler: Scum PM
Sample Scum PMYou are on the Mafia team. You win when the town is eliminated or nothing can stop you from winning.

You may communicate at any time with your teammates here: XXXXXXXX

Personal Ability

Personal ability would be listed here. For example, Role Cop.

Factional Abilities

As a faction you have two categories.

Kill

You have 10 "Kill" cards, one each 1-10. You or one of your teammates must PM the mod each night and indicate who you want to kill, which card(s) you want to play, and who you want to carry out the kill. If you carry out your kill and a tracker follows you or a watcher watches your target, you will be undetected carrying out the kill if you played a higher or equal kill card than the track card or the watch card.

Restock

Instead of a night kill,
once
during the game you may PM the moderator with a target. You will steal that player's cards starting with his lowest card until you reach 7 or more total points.

Fake Claims

This will list 3 or 4 roles that are on the potential abilities list that are not in the game.
[/.spoiler]

Spoiler: Town Bulletproof PM
Town Bulletproof PMYou are the town Bulletproof. You have 10 "Bulletproof" cards, one each 1-10 (e.g. you have one 1, one 2, etc.). Each night in order to use your power, you must PM the mod with which card(s) you wish to play. If a night kill targets you and you played a higher or equal total, you will not die. You will be informed when you are hit.

Return to “Queue”