Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 2450, Kdub wrote:Well, I have only read up to the first lynch on D1 so far. I hope to get through the rest of the game this weekend. However, since I've been asked to claim, I will do so.

I am Guy Gardner (1-shot PGO Vigilante). I am a member of the Green Lantern Corps. The way my role works is that the first time someone targets me with a night action, they die. Once my PGO has been used, I get a one-shot night kill. According to the messages that inHim got (the mod forwarded them to me), I lost my one-shot PGO on N1 (doesn't say who targeted me), and inHim used the vig shot on Peregrine on N2.

I am aware that inHim fakeclaimed miller at the start of the game. I assume this was to prevent investigative roles from targeting him and dying.

BLACKBERRY YOU INVESTIGATE THIS MAN RIGHT NOW.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Sub wrote:@Toasty: Do you roleblock and protect your targets, or do you roleblock your target and make them untargettable?

untargettable
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 2476, ToastyToast wrote:
Sub wrote:@Toasty: Do you roleblock and protect your targets, or do you roleblock your target and make them untargettable?

untargettable

That's news.
Why didn't you claim that WHEN YOU CLAIMED DAY TWO.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 968, ToastyToast wrote:Role PM says ANY player cannot be targetted by another, NOR can they target anyone else.
I will ask to clarify, but the wording makes it seem like it will block whoever I target--kills, recruitments, any action
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

LOLU

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by Andrius »

ok shut up reading is tech
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:12 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Anyway. I had something I wanted to say in this game but I forgot. Getting food, hopefully I remember when I'm back.

Barring really, really bastard cult mechanics in this game, I don't see anyone but CJ flipping CR at this point.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Thats complete bullshit, especially since you called me a recruit, as have others, already in this day. I'm not sure how you don't see anyone "but CJ" flipping CR when I've laid out three people who have a extremely high chance of flipping CR and you've brushed it under the carpet.

Also, mass claiming is stupid because only one player in the game is the CR, so it still makes no sense to out every power role when that doesn't catch the CR (and I notice how you've dropped the mass claiming line on a whim, too, zmuffin), especially since out of a small pool there is still only one CR and the rest not.

~~~
That being said, this wagon on hiplop needs to happen. Toasty is a lower priority.

I would like more people being active, though, then just leaving lazy votes lying around. I reread kast's vote on me, and I'm not really sure why he made it, and same with tans. And the not voting crew needs to get with it.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:54 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

cj wrote:especially since you called me a recruit

No, I didn't.

cj wrote:I'm not sure how you don't see anyone "but CJ" flipping CR when I've laid out three people who have a extremely high chance of flipping CR and you've brushed it under the carpet.

Because your #1 suspect is someone I can't see flipping CR based on his play in this game so far. Yeah, he's played a weak town game, but his weak play in recent game days doesn't really matter to me.
Your #2 suspect is a claimed miller (who's retracted his original claim and is now claiming PGO 1-shot Vig) which makes him very, very unlikely to be CR (but even if he were just a mafia-miller, he'd still be really, really unlikely)
And your #3 suspect I could potentially see as CR, but I'm less inclined to believe the CR has a WL fake-claim than I am to believe that you're CR.

If you're asking whether I think there's a higher chance that any of them are CR, no.

Here's what I think. You're the CR and you gave us your recruits. N1 you recruited NPIAU, N2 you recruited Andrius. I think this for a couple reasons, but it's mostly because I think you slipped in explaining your read on NPIAU, because you forgot you claimed to have protected him N2 - you went on and on about how he looked really town D1 but that changed D2... Yet you still supposedly protected him N2. I asked about this in #2376 (under the second quote) and never got a proper explanation.

I also don't believe there's a doctor-turned-rolecop in this game. I think it's a convenient claim that doesn't fit with the other roles in this game. For example, I see no reason for the mod to include a town-aligned rolecop when there's already a town-aligned mafia cop and a town-aligned cult cop in this game. I also see no need for a doctor, when there are several roleblock-esque abilites in this game, a PGO (who is most likely town because I don't believe scum was given 2 PGOs), a redirector, and several investigative PRs (not including any PRs that have yet to claim).

cj wrote:Also, mass claiming is stupid because only one player in the game is the CR, so it still makes no sense to out every power role when that doesn't catch the CR

Yeah but 3/4 of the players who have yet to claim are your potential CR candidates. So, in your mind, a proper mass claim should be full of win.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Blackberry »

@Muffin

Make note that his ring turned Orange the SAME NIGHT that Tans lost his Orange Ring powers, which are very similar (Role Cop = Role Thief, just more powreful o.O).

Just something to make note of...

I do, however, want to note, that of everything I've read on Green Lanterns, I have never once read/seen a 'ring changing colors'.

@CandleJack
- Can you confirm that your original ring did in fact change colors?

I think another possibility is CJ actually now still has his Doctor ability and is lying for the sake of the town and now has two rings... or am I wrong?

ALSO

@Oversoul
(another slip)

You claim the moderator told you 'luckily for you it won't hurt to send it in again'... however, you are NOT a 1-shot, so that doesn't make sense in that context (i.e., the moderator wouldn't say that o.O).

And the fact you aren't modkilled means you're lying, as you're not quoting your real role PM.

How many times have I called OS out on his mistakes, yet no one is listening?
Mr Subliminal
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Mr Subliminal »

In post 2484, Blackberry wrote:How many times have I called OS out on his mistakes, yet no one is listening?

Trust us when we say we haven't been listening to you for quite some time.

@Mod:
I would like another snarky answer please. Assume Jailkeeper A targets Player B. Roleblocker C targets Jailkeeper A. Does the jailkeep go through, or is it roleblocked?

(That is, do they resolve simultaneously, or are we using NAR's Golden Rule?)
Well, that's a really good point you made
I'm town
there, and I'm going to give it a good mulling over
sheep me
. In the meantime,
lynch Andrius
let's talk about something else
hot sex
. How about
don't night-kill me
that latest sporting event
hot sex
. Man! They sure
defend me
played really well!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

BB wrote:Make note that his ring turned Orange the SAME NIGHT that Tans lost his Orange Ring powers, which are very similar (Role Cop = Role Thief, just more powreful o.O).

How is a role cop at all similar to a role thief?

As far as I can tell, tans not only roleblocks the person he targets (I think?) but copies their power for his own use the next night.

A rolecop simply learns someone's role.

Still, if anything, this should point more towards the fact that there shouldn't even be a rolecop in town's arsenal, because tans's ability is sort of like an investigative ability, too.

BTW, who are you suggesting we lynch, BB? Keeping in mind we're not lynching Oversoul under any circumstances today, no matter how badly you want to prove yourself wrong about your ring-giving theory.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

We're lynching one of hiplop, sub, inhim, or toasty, with a high preference for hiplop.

I think this for a couple reasons, but it's mostly because I think you slipped in explaining your read on NPIAU, because you forgot you claimed to have protected him N2 - you went on and on about how he looked really town D1 but that changed D2... Yet you still supposedly protected him N2.

heh, I already answered this. Looking back, with hindsight, it is easier to differentiate the two days and their playstyles, but at the time of doc protecting him he looked really town, and had friend vouching for him. I was almost certain he was town. I'm pretty sure at the end of yesterday you had a pretty solid town read on him as well, so you're argument is pretty invalid.

I'm also not sure how you can claim that a particular role 'shouldn't be in town's arsenal', considering I have the role and we don't know what other roles mafia have and the cult have. We don't know the whole setup, and we're definitely not mass claiming so you can try to 'figure it out'. You seem to be finding fault over multiple investigative abilities, but not over any other, like roleblocking, side of things.

~~~~

Most, if not all, of your argument seems to stem from the fact you can't picture a doctor or a rolecop in this insane setup so far, which is complete crap. Rolecop is actually very useful in this game because it can confirm town players (i.e. with an unrecruitable in their role name, and ferret out fakeclaims (considering there is probably six mafia and a cult, it is very useful).)
And doctor stops the mafia/anti-town kills while cult doc stops the cult recruits and roleblockers hit both. So far, we've had a cult doc, a cult cop, almost 100% a cop (BB) flip town, and you doubt a doctor fits in there as well? Please.

How many setups have you designed and reviewed to give yourself such ethos on the subject of setup speculation?

~~~~

Why is no one else looking at hiplop as CR?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by hiplop »

because its an idiotic assumption.
third best scummer of all time
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

So if someone claims unrecruitable out of nowhere they are 100% not cult recruiter (or scum of anykind?)
Mr Subliminal
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Mr Subliminal »

In post 2487, Magister Ludi wrote:Why is no one else looking at hiplop as CR?

Because he's confirmed non-CR, non-scum.

We're confirmed non-CR, non-scum.

IHSIB, now kdub, requires a CR who claims miller (which saves them from mafia investigations they already have no fear of, at the cost of making them vig targets, which they should have a fear of -- even if BP, it'll look bad) and then retracts that claim under 0 pressure and claims the Peregrine kill (which could make sense for a BP to do, but again, unneeded risk when IHSIB was under 0 pressure). We do not believe in this story.

Toasty could be CR, we agree with that.

Why is Kast missing from your list?
I'm town
sheep me
. In the meantime,
lynch Andrius
hot sex
. How about
don't night-kill me
hot sex
. Man! They sure
defend me
played really well!
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I believe kast was confirmed somehow in some power-role triangle. i'll look at it again though.

Because he's confirmed non-CR, non-scum.

Erm, by who?

On the miller front, claiming miller allows a player to basically skate deep into the game without doing much, as you can see inhim didn't do much and didn't get called out on it.

Actually, though, considering he claimed vig and with not counterclaims, kdub is now probably almost impossible to be CR unless dana ran some sort of CR similar to ooba's song of fire and ice mafia where the CR got some vig kills instead of recruitment. But in that context, the peregrine kill makes no sense as he was a threat to no one and there was no reason to waste a recruitment on him.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

CJ wrote:I'm pretty sure at the end of yesterday you had a pretty solid town read on him as well, so you're argument is pretty invalid.

Incorrect. Read every post I mention NPIAU. #1244 and #1577, for example. He was untouchable because Friend was vouching for him, so it was fruitless to go after him.

CJ wrote:I'm also not sure how you can claim that a particular role 'shouldn't be in town's arsenal', considering I have the role and we don't know what other roles mafia have and the cult have. We don't know the whole setup, and we're definitely not mass claiming so you can try to 'figure it out'. You seem to be finding fault over multiple investigative abilities, but not over any other, like roleblocking, side of things.

Oh, I don't for one second believe that
all
the claimed roleblockers are town, but I do believe they have/had the abilities they're claiming and I do believe that most of them are town. I also believe they aren't CR and therefore aren't worth pursuing today.

CJ wrote:Most, if not all, of your argument seems to stem from the fact you can't picture a doctor or a rolecop in this insane setup so far, which is complete crap. Rolecop is actually very useful in this game because it can confirm town players (i.e. with an unrecruitable in their role name, and ferret out fakeclaims (considering there is probably six mafia and a cult, it is very useful).)

Actually, rolecop is not as useful as you're making it out to be. You yourself have acknowledged that scum are most likely telling the truth about their roles. Unless your claimed rolecop ability gives alignment as well as role, the only thing it'd be useful for is finding the CR (or, perhaps, to verify that someone else isn't the CR).

It's not so much that I can't picture one in this setup, but that I don't believe there is one in this setup.

Also, most of my argument stems from PoE. Although, as I mentoned in #1577, I felt that your objections to the GhostWriter wagon were disingenuous and I don't feel you've been playing as pro-town as you (and Andrius, your white knight) are suggesting.

CJ wrote:And doctor stops the mafia/anti-town kills while cult doc stops the cult recruits and roleblockers hit both. So far, we've had a cult doc, a cult cop, almost 100% a cop (BB) flip town, and you doubt a doctor fits in there as well? Please.

Actually, this is the very reason I think doctor is a fake-claim. It fits too perfectly and it's simply not a necessary role in this setup.

CJ wrote:How many setups have you designed and reviewed to give yourself such ethos on the subject of setup speculation?

None. Is this a problem?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Oh, and my major issue with believing that you actually protected NPIAU last night is that I don't see any reason scum would have killed him, over say, anyone else..... Like, why not protect Friend, who was the one vouching for NPIAU?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Hiplop please prove you got this PM

NOTHING you've posted has indicated or cleared that you did indeed get the WL PM

Since the other suggested they'll reveal it anyway- why dont you do the honors. Eh?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

btw subliminal... purple?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Wait! Inhim accounts for 1 kill each night which means there's only 1 mafia factiOn most likely!! :-O
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Did Ludi claim which type of role cop he is? Like does he see names+roles or just names or just roles or what?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by hiplop »

Should I claim the PM? I know I SHOULD be the one to do it, but should I do it right now?
third best scummer of all time
Mr Subliminal
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Mr Subliminal »

In post 2495, zMuffinMan wrote:btw subliminal... purple?

Yes, purple.

Blackberry wrote:Hiplop please prove you got this PM

NOTHING you've posted has indicated or cleared that you did indeed get the WL PMNOTHING you've posted has indicated or cleared that you did indeed get the WL PM

We already believe that hiplop received the PM.

We're basically just waiting to see if Oversoul gets modkilled at this point.

If Oversoul gets modkilled:

ToastyToast jailkeeps Candlejack
vezokpiraka delays Kast
Andrius roleblocks Kast

Andrius possibly being a Candlejack recruit and roleblocking ToastyToast is the only flaw we see in this plan, but it'll still end with Candlejack being lynched tomorrow, so best we can do in this situations.
I'm town
sheep me
. In the meantime,
lynch Andrius
hot sex
. How about
don't night-kill me
hot sex