Verbose Mafia 2 - Post or Perish (Game Over)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:26 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

But Fiasco... I don't know... but wasn't Huey Long a nightkill? Perhaps a nightkill should be automatically considered an innocent. To declare them innocent would be redundant.

I would like to address the Commodore's list.

First, the "one good hanging" list. Shall we assume that we got our one good hanging with LML? This would clear the following:

=== NOT good hanging list ===

Cogito Ergo Sum
Mikeburnfire
petroleumjelly
SpamWise
Tamuz
Werebear
the silent speaker
Thok

Perhaps one of these players is Caesar (who should be a "good guy")...

=== Caesar candidates list ===

Fritzler
petroleumjelly - "not good hanging list"
the silent speaker - "not good hanging list"
Thok - "not good hanging list"

Eliminated from the Caesar list:

X Cogito Ergo Sum - claimed Satanist - "not good hanging list"
X Mikeburnfire - claims Satanist post restriction - "not good hanging list"

Perhaps if I find myself in the mood for frontal lobe masturbation (I do make up these expressions, thanks for the applause), I'll try to look at potential "Caesar" post restrictions in the 4 potentials Caesars.

I'd like to keep my nomination on CES and mikeburnfire. If only to keep the option open. Too bad CES didn't say "which" Satanist he was, before it became clear that this is a "no reveal" game. It would have given more credence to his claim. Too late now.

I don't know... I hope I got this one right.

Who was rooting for LML? At least CES, Fiasco, and mikeburnfire, Fritzler and petroleumjelly to different extents.

CES, mikeburnfire and petroleumjelly are on the "cleared list" while Fiasco and Fritzler aren't.

Fritzler is already on the lynching block.

For this reason, sorry Fiasco, but...

Nominate: Fiasco
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:33 pm

I don't know... I don't know... but I think I believe CES today more than I did yesterday, especially after re-analyzing the Commodore's list in light of the new information. Yep - I think I am convinced enough with the Commodore's list.

Perhaps there is not much need to keep CES and mikeburnfire on the lynching block after all.

I'll keep my nominations open then, pending further input from the rest of the group, I think I've entertained you long enough for tonight.

Keeping Fiasco for now, but to be honest I am not getting much in the way of scummy vibes from him.

Un-nominate: CES, mikeburnfire
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:34 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Nomination Count:

Fiasco: 1 (DrippingGoofball)

Commodore Amazing: Automatic
DrippingGoofball: Automatic
Fritzler: Automatic
petroleumjelly: Automatic
Seol: Automatic
Tamuz: Automatic
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:32 pm

I don't know why I am so tiresome! I don't know but it must be something I enjoy.

Below is the list of the people that are still alive.

*** I've added an X to the players that have been cleared by CommodoreAmazing's list.

*** I've added an O to the players presumed innocent.

*** I've added a ? to the players that should be investigated.

X Cogito Ergo Sum
X mikeburnfire
X petroleumjelly
X SpamWise
X Tamuz
X the silent speaker
X Werebear

O Commodore Amazing (because he gets the list)
O DrippingGoofball (Ingersoll - you be the judge)

? Fiasco
? Fritzler
? PookyTheMagicalBear
? Seol
? Thok
? VitaminR

That narrows the field quite nicely. Seol was trying hard to nail LML. The rest? I don't know. But Fritzler and Seol are on the lynching block already. Ideally we need to have Fiasco, Pooky, Thok and VitaminR added to the nomination list.

I very much look forward to petroleumjelly's vote analysis, it's going to add a lot to what we already know.

Nominate: Pooky, Thok

Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:01 pm

Post by Thok »

I will point out that I am in fact on the "not a good hanging list" Mr. (Mrs?) Goofball; I am in fact on each of Mr. Amazing's lists. I was also one of those voting for LML early on and one of those arguing against the confirmation plan suggested by Cogito Ergo Sum.

In addition, please note that Mr. Amazing has only claimed he knows the number of Caesars within that group; bear in my that it is possible that there are no Caesars in that group, but a large number of Caesars outside that group. In addition, we could have an unusual role; while I doubt Caesar Cardini, inventor of the Caesar salad, is in this game (since he does not seem verbose) it's not impossible.

As an aside, do you know why you are already on the lynching block Mr. (Mrs?) Goofball? I thought that we had already touched upon your restriction yesterday, and it seemed as if you satisfied it with each of your statements yesterday.

I will nominate those off of the list good hanging list, although I worry that we already have a glut of candidates to concern us.

Nominate Fiasco, VitaminR, PookytheMagicalBear
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:06 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I cannot do this under this situations. I apologize and recognize that the towns confusion of allignments echoes my own. As far as nominations I can say the ones on the block are already fairly acceptable. However, I would like to add my nomination to Fritzler by the end of the day. But not yet, I totally need to catch up on what happened since LML died, but I cannot under such situations.

And I apologize if I cannot get on tommorow. I must depart at 5:30 and take a trip till 2400, which due to the change of time will be 1 AM. Meaning in short, I may not come back to camp for more than one day.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:50 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

PetroleumJelly yawns and rubs her eyes.
Oh, not again
, she thinks, as she finds herself on the lynching platform. In ire, she shakes her fist to the skies. "Curse you, Mr. Grey!" she shouts into oblivion.

"Anyhow," she says, somewhat embarassed and adjusting her makeshift clothes. "DrippingGoofBall, my dear, I'm flattered that you think my voting analysis is helpful, although I must note that others could easily do the same. For the moment, I have not had the time to look over the nominations and votes to an extent where I am confident enough to share my conclusions, although I will hopefully to get that soon. It seems that although we're trapped upon an island, I have yet had so much to do in the meantime.

"My nominations will not differ much from what I have said in the past, although I see that at least one who I would otherwise nominate is already on the lynching platform with me. Thok remains, Pooky is added, and VitaminR is duly added for his curious wants from the town on Days One and Two, and the (seemingly) subsequent withdrawal of such requests. The nominations are more subject to change than my past few nominations."

Nominate: Thok, Pooky, VitaminR
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:06 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Petroleumjelly, I am UNSURE what to think of your nomination. I have not withdrawn my requests anywhere. I asked for a nomination Day 3 and I ask for one today. Fortunately, I have already received the necessary nominations today.

I'm inclined to believe Pooky's statement that he can verify himself easily, so I will not follow up on my suspicions there for the time being. With the field narrowed down significantly, I will follow my gut and nominate Thok and Fiasco.

Nominate: Thok, Fiasco
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:21 am

Post by Fiasco »

Goofball, Huey Long was indeed a nightkill (though remember: so was Jonathan Edwards, and Edwards was directly stated to be innocent in his death scene). That doesn't
automatically
confirm him as innocent (in theory he could still have been a cultist or something), but it does go a long way, and I'd agree that despite the lack of a direct confirmation, he was almost certainly innocent.

I don't mind being nominated for being among the Unlisted -- that's just a bit of bad luck on my part, I guess. Note once again that there's an error on your list, Goofball; MikeBurnFire intentionally mis-auditioned, and should therefore not have been on the list of probable good hangings.

It's unfair to describe me as "rooting" for LML, though. I've probably worked against him more than most here. When I brought up the idea of testing him, it wasn't clear at all that he would be the lynch. And I'm going to keep making this point: the experiment
would have worked
. We would have learned the next day that LML was lying, unless we lynched another scum. Later, I weakly argued in favor of doing the experiment instead of lynching him, but when it came down to it, I did put the hammering vote on him. (Also, without my D2 nomination, he probably wouldn't have been on the block then.)

Thok, it wasn't CES who suggested the plan to test LML, it was me; I still think it was a good enough idea that I wouldn't mind having the blame/credit/responsibility for that. You mention that you argued against the plan as if that's a point in favor of you; it isn't, because your logic was bad.

VitaminR, I'm afraid I can't argue against your gut.

With three Unlisteds already on the block, and one Unlisted me, there are only three left. That makes my nominations rather simple, at least for now.

Nominate: PookyTheMagicalBear, VitaminR, MikeBurnFire
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:55 am

I don't know, I don't know...

I stand corrected. Thok is right, my bad.

Revised for easy reference and to avoid future confusion:

X Cogito Ergo Sum
X mikeburnfire - deliberately mis-auditioned?
X petroleumjelly
X SpamWise
X Tamuz
X the silent speaker
X Werebear
X Thok

? Fiasco
? Fritzler
? PookyTheMagicalBear
? Seol
? VitaminR

Not sure what the mis-audition has to do with anything. I did add it as a comment. Can you explain, Fiasco?

Still looking forward to PJ's analysis. Nobody does it better. What more can I say?

*** Important Strategy Question ***
Can we discuss this? Perhaps we could narrow the field still. Should we ask those that can confirm either of Fiasco, Fritzler, Pooky, Seol or VitaminR to come forward at this point?

Un-nominate: Thok

Nominate: VitaminR

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:42 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Well this is certainly odd. We killed a pope and no one died. No one wasn't even a person, he was a Wikipedia link? Eh, I don't get it. Maybe he should have been a Google link instead.

Regardless. a whopping seven people are already on the lynching block. Do we really even need to nominate anyone? Haha, a joke.

Somebody mentioned a Christian-based group of scum, but I don't think that's the case. There are good Christians and bad ones, same for every religion. I think the people themselves are what we should be judging. But maybe I'm just saying that because I have a satanic post restriction, no? Wryyyyy!
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:39 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Personally, I do not see any reason to nominate anyone at this point in time. The people I would are already on the block. So instead I shall blabber on so Mr Grey does not get angry at me. And I will repeat what I said earlier. Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.

Yes, yes indeed.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:21 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

The rumbling in Pooky's tummy was audible over the roar of the tides crashing onto the beach. He hadn't been eating very well after her death, even the sweetest confections turned ashes and shadow in his mouth. In her presence life tasted like strawberries and honeydew, the sweet flavor of papayas and cantelope, the aroma of baked banana and pineapple. All the fruits of life seemed to have left with her, leaving him with but memories of sweet time lost. As the morning wind blew in, he shivered and shook; it felt like he lost too much, as if a gaping hole had been ripped through his chest. He fell onto the sand, he felt so awfully tired, so terribly lost, and so very hopeless; despair ripped through him like a cruel knife. His eyes felt empty, as if he had cried his very soul out into the sands those past few nights. He slowly rolled his head skyward, and watched the great clouds stroll through the sky. Even the skies looked dark and gloomy, the once bright cerulean colors of the ocean replaced by a murky gray. She had taken with her all the colours of the sky, all the succulent fruits of the land, all the sweet aromas of the wind. He wondered if he had any more reason to live, he wondered if he could just close his eyes and play those few precious moments he had spent with her in his head over and over. See her smile flash across her face in his memories, hold her closely and never let go. A thousand doubts scourged his heart, How could he let her go on that platform alone? How could he let them kill her? How could he let her leave his arms? What was he worth if he couldn't defend what he had loved and lived for? What was he living for now that she was gone and taken his world with her? He held on to the memories, the picture of her smile, the way the sun had lit up her face during its slow journey beyond the horizon. They were all he had left in the world.

I've promised to be able to somewhat verify myself, given the progress we're making and the no deaths last night I feel much more comfortable giving information that will hopefully clear me. I am an information role, I possess information that would not be clear about 2 people in this game and which they can verify, the third piece of information has already been claimed. My options at this point are to either reveal one or two of the unknown pieces of info and have them be verified by the people they are about or to hold on to these 2 pieces of information in hopes of catching one of those said players in a lie later.

I'd like to hear your opinions about which path I should take.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:24 pm

Post by Thok »

I am surprised that nobody (other than myself) has touched on the fact that large quantities of people are already on the lynching block; surely this means something? Should I just attribute this fact to sloth and laziness? I would hope the carrot of interesting conversation would be sufficient to get people to converse on a regular basis. Unfortunately, it seems that some people need to be thrashed by a stick.

Yes, I will admit that my speech seems a bit flowery, even to myself.

I see no reason to change my nominations at this period of time. Perhaps we can begin to discuss where our votes will be placed?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:16 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

"An infomation, role you say? Pooky, my dear, that is quite intriguing: your role is at least more confirmable than was LML's. I am tempted to say that you ought to withhold the information you know for now, but you may want to bring it out later today if it proves beneficial."

PetroleumJelly takes out her notebook and begins checking on all of the nominations and votes from the previous days.

"Well, this may take a bit of time, but since I will be awake for a time longer, I will devote this time to compiling all of my information in one easy to read blurb (blurb meaningly a likely gigantic post).

"Also, I am slightly torn: we were not told whether or not LML was scum or town. This is distressing me: should I assume that he was scum while drawing my conclusions from my analysis, or should I conclude that we cannot know his alignment? I would like to believe he was indeed scum, but there is certainly no guarantee of such a fact.

"Further, since Pooky has claimed a verifiable role, I will duly unnominate him."

Unnominate: Pooky
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:56 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Thok, it is not lazyness or sloth, at least in my case. However it is more an increased interest in other things... I think I'm getting fat. Or maybe Im trying to win Pooky's heart now that his woman is dead. Regardless, I have less and less opportunity to talk and less and less to say because I am wholey and solely condused by these matters.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:03 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

"Firstly, Tamuz, my dear: that last comment of yours made no sense to me.

"Secondly: I have finally completed my compilitions. It is assuredly long and took me forever and a day to chronicle, so hopefully it will be of some use. I chose to arrange the data in a format where I seperate each individual player, and who they have respectfully nominated and voted for during the course of the time we have spent on the island. I will draw what is necessary in this sand here with a stick.

Adele (Cyrano De Bergerac, Innocent), Lynched D2:
Day 1 nominated Mathcam, Tamuz and CA, but also Seol, Fiasco and Thok
Day 1 voted Turbo, but also DGB
Day 2 nominated DGB, VR, CA
Day 2 voted DGB

CES (Claimed Confirmable Mason):
Day 1 nominated KC, but also VR and DGB
Day 2 nominated DGB, Mathcam, LML, but also VR
Day 2 voted DGB, but also VR
Day 3 nominated VR
Day 3 voted LML, but also DGB and Seol
Day 4 nominated [none yet]

Commodore Amazing (Claimed Shakespeare, Information Role):
Day 1 nominated Fritz and KC, but also MBF
Day 1 voted Adele
Day 2 nominated Adele, PJ, and SpamW
Day 2 voted Adele
Day 3 nominated Pooky, but also SpamW and CES
Day 3 voted LML, but also Pooky twice and LML once

DrippingGoofBall (Claimed Ingersoll):
Day 1 nominated CES, Adele, and Pooky, but also MBF twice
Day 1 voted Adele
Day 2 nominated Pooky, CES, and Adele
Day 2 voted Adele
Day 3 nominated LML and Werebear, but also CES and Thok
Day 3 voted LML
Day 4 nominated [Pooky, VR, and Fiasco, but also CES, MBF, and Thok]

Fiasco
Day 1 nominated Adele, Tamuz, and Seol, but also DGB and Fritz
Day 1 voted Turbo
Day 2 nominated Fritz, LML, and Mathcam, but also DGB
Day 2 voted DGB, but also Fritz
Day 3 nominated DGB, Fritz, and Pooky, but also CES twice and LML
Day 3 voted LML, but also DGB and Pooky
Day 4 nominated [Pooky, VR, and MBF]

Fritzler
Day 1 nominated KC, MBF, and DGB, but also CA

Day 1 voted Turbo, but also Tamuz and DGB
Day 2 nominated VR, DGB, and Werebear
Day 2 voted Adele
Day 3 nominated CES, DGB, and LML
Day 3 voted CES, but also Pooky

Kelly Chen (Jonathan Edwards, Innocent), Killed N1:
Day 1 nominated Fritz, MBF, and CES, but also CA
Day 1 voted Turbo (but FoS’d Thok)

LoudMouthLee (Pope Alexader VI, ???), Lynched D3:
Day 1 nominated MBF, Turbo, Tamuz
Day 1 voted CES, but also Adele

Day 2 nominated DGB, Adele, CA, but also VR, MBF, and TSS
Day 2 voted Adele
Day 3 nominated CES and MBF
Day 3 voted himself (uncounted), but also Seol

Mathcam (Huey Pierce Long, Innocent), Killed N2:
Day 1 nominated Fritz, Turbo, and VR, but also CES
Day 1 voted Fritz
Day 2 nominated VR
Day 2 voted Adele

MikeBurnFire (Claimed a Confirmable Role)
Day 1 nominated Turbo, but also KC
Day 1 voted Fritz
Day 2 nominated TSS, CA, and SpamW, but also VR
Day 2 voted DGB
Day 3 nominated LML, Fritz, and VR
Day 3 voted nobody, but also LML

PetroleumJelly (Obviously Innocent)
Day 1 nominated Fritz, Adele, and CA, but also DGB twice, Turbo, and VR
Day 1 voted Fritz
Day 2 nominated DGB, VR, and Fritz
Day 2 voted Adele
Day 3 nominated Fritz, Thok, and LML
Day 3 voted LML
Day 4 nominated [Thok and VR, but also Pooky]

PookyTheMagicalBear (Claimed Confirmable Information Role)
Day 1 nominated CES
Day 1 voted Turbo
Day 2 nominated Seol and Werebear, but also LML
Day 2 voted DGB
Day 3 nominated DGB and VR
Day 3 voted Seol

Seol
Day 1 nominated CA and Mathcam
Day 2 nominated DGB, but also VR
Day 2 voted Adele
Day 3 nominated DGB, LML, and Pooky, but also CES
Day 3 voted LML, but also Pooky

SpamWise
Day 1 nominated DGB, Adele, CES, but also Mathcam
Day 1 voted Turbo
Day 2 nominated PJ, Adele, and CES
Day 2 voted Adele
Day 3 nominated Fritz, Fiasco, LML, but also CA
Day 3 voted LML, but also Fritz

Tamuz
Day 1 nominated MBF, Mathcam, and Werebear
Day 1 voted Turbo, but also Mathcam and Fritz
Day 2 nominated DGB, VR, and Fritz
Day 2 voted LML
Day 3 nominated LML and Seol, but also CES
Day 3 voted Seol

*TheSilentSpeaker
Day 1 nominated DGB and PJ
Day 1 voted MBF
Day 2 nominated LML, MBF, but also SpamW
Day 2 voted nobody
Day 3 nominated Fiasco, Seol, and VR, but also SpamW
Day 3 voted nobody, but also Seol

Thok
Day 1 nominated KC and DGB
Day 1 voted Turbo, but also KC and DGB
Day 2 nominated Mathcam
Day 2 voted Adele
Day 3 nominated CES and LML
Day 3 voted LML
Day 4 nominated [Fiasco, VR, Pooky]

Turbovolver (Malcolm X, Innocent), Lynched D1:
Day 1 nominated LML, MBF, TSS, but also Mathcam
Day 1 voted self (uncounted), but also Mathcam, Pooky, and Adele

VitaminR
Day 1 nominated Mathcam and Tamuz, but also CES, DGB, and KC
Day 1 voted Turbo, but also Mathcam
Day 2 nominated Mathcam and Tamuz, but also CES
Day 2 voted Adele, but also Mathcam
Day 3 nominated Pooky, but also CES
Day 3 voted LML, but also Pooky
Day 4 nominated [Thok and Fiasco]

Werebear
Day 1 nominated nobody
Day 1 voted nobody
Day 2 nominated LML
Day 2 voted Adele
Day 3 nominated CES
Day 3 voted CES

"I am rather tired at the moment, but I will note things I find suspicious. I shall numerate these points for easy readibility (but in order of alphabet):

"1.) Fritzler. Fritzler, on Day 1, nominated Kelly Chen (innocent), MikeBurnFire (who has claimed a confirmable role), and DrippingGoofBall (who I arbitrarily believe is innocent), but also Commodore Amazing (who has claimed a confirmable role). Day One he ended up being on the wagon of Turbovolver (innocent), but also voting for Tamuz (undecided upon) and DrippingGoofBall (my arbitrary innocent). On Day 2, he nominated VitaminR, DrippingGoofBall, and Werebear. However, he was on the bandwagon of Adele (innocent). Day 3 he nominated Cogito Ergo Sum (claimed confirmable Mason), DrippingGoofBall (my arbitrary innocent), and LoudMouthLee. However, he voted for Cogito Ergo Sum (claimed confirmable Mason), and Pooky (claimed confirmable role), but
not
LoudMouthLee (who I believe was scum). In essence, he was on both innocent lynches, but not on LML's, and coupled with his apparent lack of caring for our plight, would have earned another nomination from me today if he was not already on the lynching block.

"2.) Seol. Seol, on Day 1, nominated Commodore Amazing (claimed confirmable role) and Mathcam (innocent). He voted for Turbovolver (innocent), and also DrippingGoofBall (my arbitrary innocent). Day 2 he nominated DrippingGoofBall (my arbitrary innocent), and at one point nominated VitaminR. On Day 2 he voted for Adele (innocent). On Day 3 he nominated DrippingGoofBall (my arbitrary innocent), LoudMouthLee, and Pooky (claimed confirmable role). On Day 3 he voted for LoudMouthLee, but only after voting Pooky (claimed confirmable role). Basically he has only voted for people I believe to be innocent, excepting LML, who was clearly already under attack by that time in any case.

"3.) Spamwise. This one is just weird though. Firstly, the fact that he was never nominated on D1 (perhaps because scum were avoiding each other). On Day 1, he nominated DrippingGoofBall (my arbitrary innocent), Adele (innocent), CES (claimed Mason), and also Mathcam (innocent). He voted for Turbovolver (innocent). Day 2 he nominated me (clearly innocent), Adele (innocent), and CES (claimed Mason). He voted for Adele (innocent). Up to this point, all of his nominations have been completely off, as far as I'm concerned. Day 3, however, he seems to change gears. Day 3 he nominates Fritz, Fiasco, and LML, but also Commodore Amazing (claimed confirmable role). Day 3 he voted for LML, but also Fritz. His sudden change of heart makes me wonder, because up until Day 3, he had done nothing I particularly liked.

"4.) The Silent Speaker. On Day One he nominated DrippingGoofBall (my arbitrary innocent) and myself (clearly innocent). On Day 2 he nominated LoudMouthLee, MikeBurnFire (claimed confirmable role), and at one point SpamWise. On Day 2 he voted nobody. On Day Three he nominated Fiasco, Seol, and VitaminR, but again, at one point Spamwise. He then voted nobody again, although he did vote Seol once. Basically, I do not feel as if he has given us his suspicions very much: he seems like he is trying to be inoffensive. I need to see more action from him.

"5.) Thok. On Day One nominated Kelly Chen (innocent) and DrippingGoofBall (my arbitrary innocent). Then voted for Turbovolver (innocent), while also voting Kelly Chen (innocent) and DrippingGoofBall (my arbitrary innocent). On Day Two he nominated Mathcam (innocent). On day Two he voted for Adele (innocent). On Day Three he nominated Cogito Ergo Sum (claimed Mason), and later LoudMouthLee. On Day Three he voted LoudMouthLee. Now today he has nominated Fiasco, VitaminR, and Pooky (claimed confirmable role). Although he seems to be doing better today, his actions on Days One and Two are sticking in my mind: he nominated and voted only for innocents, and (although this is not unlike others) was on all three lynches. I think his pushing on CES Day Three leaves a bitter taste in my mind (although I understand Fiasco did the same thing, I do not find him as suspicious).

"6.) VitaminR. Day One, he nominated Mathcam (innocent), Tamuz, but also Cogito Ergo Sum (claimed Mason), DrippingGoofBall (my arbitrary innocent), and Kelly Chen (innocent). Then voted for Turbovolver (innocent) but also Mathcam (innocent). Day Two, he nominated Mathcam (innocent), and Tamuz, but also Cogito Ergo Sum (claimed Mason). He then voted for Adele (innocent), but also Mathcam (innocent). Day Three he nominated Pooky (claimed confirmable role), but also CES (claimed Mason). He then voted for LML, but only after voting Pooky (claimed confirmable role). Day Four he has nominated Thok and Fiasco. His nominations and votes have been practically all innocents/confirmables. Coupled with the fact that he is asking us to put him on the lynching block but not to lynch him makes him stand out in my mind.

"7.) Werebear. Werebear nominated absolutely nobody on Day One, and then proceded to vote for nobody. Day Two he nominated LML, but voted for Adele (innocent). Day Three he nominated CES (claimed Mason), and then voted CES even while the claim was still in the open, and did
not
vote for LML. Day Four he has yet to nominate anybody. I find it odd that he found LML suspicious enough for a nomination on Day 2, but not a nomination on D3, let alone a vote. Instead he tried to divert suspicion towards CES (claimed Mason) as opposed to LML. The fact that he has hardly ever let his suspicions be known is
not helpful
, and the suspicions he has had do not seem to help the town all too much.

"I understand that given Commodore Amazing's list, the only three of these seven that qualify as a possible 'good lynch' are Fritzler, Seol, and VitaminR. I, for one, doubt the accuracy of CA's list, so I shall not rely on it as religously as others. My nominations for today are already on Thok and VitaminR, and since Seol and Fritzler are already on the lynching block, my third nomination must go between Spamwise, The Silent Speaker, or Werebear, I believe I will nominate Werebear for the moment. Note that this does not mean my eye is turned from the others I have pointed out.

"And before somebody says it,
yes
I realize that all seven of these players cannot be scum, but that does not mean that I cannot find them suspicious. If they would like to address anything I have said, that would be lovely."

Nominate: Werebear
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:34 am

Post by Fritzler »

I believe the best course of action would be to clear pooky today. If someone else is lynched I can clear myself tonight.

I also think the best course of action is to follow ca's nominations. What do you guys think specifically about that? Lets do this, rock show. We can sort out the one good hanging later.

Nominate: Fiasco
Surfs up dude.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:59 am

Post by Fiasco »

Goofball: Sorry, there was a speako in my last message. I should have said that MikeBurnFire shouldn't have been on the list of probable
bad
hangings. In other words, he's not confirmed innocent.

As I understood it, when Com Am made his list with only one good hanging, he included MikeBurnFire on the list because he thought MBF had auditioned. But if you look closely at MBF's audition attempt, you'll notice that his lines are (deliberately) wrong. So Com Am later corrected himself, saying that MBF should
not
have been on the list. He belongs on the Goofball-Fiasco-Fritzler-Pooky-Seol-Vitamin list instead.

Fritzler, you're not following CA's nominations, because as far as I know he never nominated me.

Today's random verbose gibbericious filler text is brought to you mostly by the Postmodernism Generator! Yay! Fun! (Can be ignored safely.)

THE RUBICON OF SEXUAL IDENTITY: FRITZLERIST SITUATION IN THE WORKS OF PETROLEUMJELLY

1. Discourses of failure

"Art is part of the collapse of language," says Mathcam; however, according to Tamuz[1] , it is not so much art that is part of the collapse of language, but rather the defining characteristic, and eventually the stasis, of art. The subject is interpolated into a postdialectic paradigm of expression that includes sexuality as a reality. Thus, DrippingGoofball suggests the use of capitalist deappropriation to modify sexual identity.

Kelly Chen[2] implies that we have to choose between Fritzlerist situation and conceptualist presemantic theory. But Mathcam promotes the use of materialist situationism to attack hierarchy.

If capitalist deappropriation holds, the works of Thok are postmodern. Therefore, MikeBurnFire suggests the use of materialist situationism to read and analyse class.

2. Capitalist deappropriation and posttextual nationalism

If one examines posttextual nationalism, one is faced with a choice: either accept capitalist deappropriation or conclude that consciousness is a legal fiction, given that language is distinct from culture. The subject is contextualised into a Fritzlerist situation that includes art as a totality. Thus, LoudmouthLee uses the term ‘DrippingGoofballist hyperreality’ to denote not, in fact, narrative, but subnarrative.

"Society is part of the absurdity of consciousness. Popity popity pope. Et tu, Fernando Poo? Et tu, Seol, Kelly Chen? Scary and perplexing," says LoudmouthLee. The Silent Speaker promotes the use of capitalist deappropriation to deconstruct colonialist perceptions of sexual identity. But a number of discourses concerning posttextual nationalism may be discovered.

"Truth is unattainable," says MikeBurnFire; however, according to Commodore Amazing[3] , it is not so much truth that is unattainable, but rather the rubicon, and hence the stasis, of truth. In
I Don't Know, I Don't Know
, Thok examines capitalist deappropriation; in
Et Tu, Rasputin
, although, he analyses Fritzlerist situation. Thus, VitaminR[4] states that we have to choose between posttextual nationalism and DrippingGoofballist simulacra.

"Class is intrinsically impossible," says MikeBurnFire; "Voltage Meters like Verbose Mafia," counters SpamWise. The subject is interpolated into a capitalist deappropriation that includes consciousness as a whole. It could be said that Adele suggests the use of posttextual nationalism to challenge reality.

The economy of capitalist rationalism prevalent in Cogito Ergo Sum’s
Then Fall, Adele, Pursued by a Magical Bear
is also evident in
More Et Tu, Werebear, With Less Art
, and indeed even in
Et Tu, VitaminR? Then Prevent a Bad Marriage, MikeBurnFire
, although in a more substructuralist sense. Thus, several narratives concerning the role of the writer as reader exist.

The main theme of Werebear’s[5] critique of capitalist deappropriation is not discourse per se, but postdiscourse. In a sense, if Fritzlerist situation holds, we have to choose between capitalist deappropriation and textual LoudmouthLeeism.

Fritzler promotes the use of neosemiotic materialism to deconstruct the status quo. Therefore, Fiasco[6] holds that the works of Cogito Ergo Sum are not postmodern.

The Silent Speaker suggests the use of capitalist deappropriation to modify and challenge sexual identity. However, it could be said that Mathcam uses the term ‘Fritzlerist situation’ to denote the collapse, and therefore the paradigm, of postpatriarchialist art.

The example of capitalist deappropriation which is a central theme of Cogito Ergo Sum’s
Tamuz, I Am Gone Forever! Giggity Giggity Goo!
emerges again in
Hammah!
. In a sense, Seol promotes the use of Fritzlerist situation to attack outmoded, elitist perceptions of society.

3. Cogito Ergo Sum and capitalist deappropriation

"Class is elitist, lol," says Fritzler; however, according to BabyJesus[7] , it is not so much class that is elitist, but rather the fatal flaw, and some would say the paradigm, of class. If Fritzlerist situation holds, we have to choose between The Silent Speakerist `powerful communication’ and the subcapitalist paradigm of discourse. Therefore, the primary theme of the works of Cogito Ergo Sum is not narrative, but prenarrative.

Posttextual nationalism suggests that sexual identity has intrinsic meaning. However, the characteristic theme of Commodore Amazing’s[8] model of Fritzlerist situation is a self-fulfilling paradox.

MikeBurnFire’s essay on dialectic discourse states that the collective is capable of intentionality. We may construe InternetStranger[9] as holding that we have to choose between Fritzlerist situation and Mathcamist reading.

Many deconstructions concerning capitalist deappropriation may be found. Thus, in
A Portrait of the Artist As a Young Bear
, PookyTheMagicalBear affirms posttextual nationalism; in
Turbovolver’s Wake
he analyses Fritzlerist situation.

4. Realities of genre

In the works of PookyTheMagicalBear, a predominant concept is the concept of subcapitalist narrativity. The main theme of the works of PookyTheMagicalBear is the rubicon of textual society. In a sense, the without/within distinction intrinsic to PookyTheMagicalBear’s
Buy My Car Or Burn
is also evident in
A Portrait of the Artist As a Young Bear
, although in a more mythopoetical sense.

The characteristic theme of Phoebus’s[10] critique of capitalist deappropriation is a self-sufficient whole. Posttextual nationalism states that sexual identity, perhaps paradoxically, has objective value. However, if DrippingGoofballist simulation holds, we have to choose between posttextual nationalism and capitalist materialism.

Any number of narratives concerning the role of the observer as reader exist. Thus, SpamWise[11] implies that we have to choose between subcultural objectivism and capitalist discourse.

The Silent Speaker’s analysis of capitalist deappropriation suggests that art is used to exploit minorities, given that the pretextual paradigm of discourse is invalid. Therefore, many constructivisms concerning capitalist deappropriation may be revealed.

If posttextual nationalism holds, the works of Cogito Ergo Sum are modernistic. Thus, the subject is contextualised into a cultural narrative that includes language as a paradox.

Seol suggests the use of posttextual nationalism to read society. Therefore, the subject is interpolated into a capitalist deappropriation that includes narrativity as a totality.

(references omitted)
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:53 am

Post by the silent speaker »

I have got to stop mixing up Commodore Amazing and Cogito Ergo Sum. One of these days I even will.

Petroleumjelly, I did, in fact, cast a vote yesterday: LoudmouthLee. Also I would like to know why you feeel Commodore Amazing's list is not to be relied on. (I used the right name this time, right?)

I think I see a patttern in the people on the block automatically: misuse of tags in yesterday's posts. It looks like Mr. Grey is punishing those of us who attempt to underline their comments or use other quirks in their speech by condemning them to lynch vulnerability.

Of those on the possibly-good-hanging list, I discard DrippingGoofball and mikeburnfire as probable innocents, and Pooky as promised confirmable. Incidentally, Pooky, having revealed that you
have
information I suggest you give out one piece but not both. Seol and Fritzler are already on the block, so I am left with Fiasco and VitaminR. Before I nominate, though, I will want to look closely at what impact town-Lee would have on either of scum-Seol or scum-Fiasco or both. Lee, by the way, appears to have been one of Commodore Amazing's Caesars, for what that is worth (his "et tu?" post suggests this.)
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:53 am

I don't know... I don't know...

Is Fritzler completely out of lunch?

He says that we can sort out the one good hanging later. We did. That was LML.

He says we should clear Pooky today - but if someone else is lynched, he can clear himself tonight. It almost sounds as if when he says that we should clear Pooky today, he really means that we should lynch Pooky today, explaining the "but if someone else is lynched" part.

Revised for easy reference and to avoid future confusion:

X Cogito Ergo Sum
X petroleumjelly
X SpamWise
X Tamuz
X the silent speaker
X Werebear
X Thok

? Fiasco
? Fritzler
? PookyTheMagicalBear
? Seol
? VitaminR
? mikeburnfire - deliberately mis-auditioned?

Very nice findings, petroleumjelly, especially concerning Werebear. Much appreciated, something to refer to during the voting phase.

I think it might be a good idea to test the Commodore's list. I certainly would not mind testing it on Fritzler by lynching him. Besides nominating and voting innocents, he's done pretty much nothing to help identify the evil ones that dwell in our midst. I am not too sure if I buy the "I can clear myself tonight" part of his argument. If he was in a position to make actions to clear himself at night, he should have a small track record. Fishy.

Fiasco - thank you for the exposing everything that was wrong with social sciences in the seventies.

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:24 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mod Note:
Commodore Amazing and Werebear have not posted in the first real-time "day" of the game Day, and have therefore used their "miss".
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:39 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

"Ah, Silent Speaker, my dear, you are indeed correct. You voted for LoudMouthLee yesterday directly after you had unvoted Seol, I had it in my notes but it somehow did not carry through to my compilation. My apologies. To address your second point, I believe that Commodore Amazing's list cannot be fully relied upon because such a list seems
too powerful
. I am of the opinion that there are probably persons who are immune to such listings, or that Commodore Amazing is not given complete information, and the possibility that Commodore Amazing is evil can certainly not be discounted. I have said as much in the past. I would rather rely on knowledge I gather myself than upon a list from one person, although this does not mean I will discard such a list completely.

"Fritzler, why do you need 'somebody else' to be lynched today in order to confirm yourself? We have had three nights, and that should have been sufficient time to allow yourself the power of confirmability.

"And Spamwise, my dear, you state that those who you would nominate are already on the lynching block. Please actually tell the town who exactly those people are, rather than skirting your duty from letting your opinions be known. I, for one, do not take kindly to those who do not voice their suspicions after so much has already occured."
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:24 pm

Post by Commodore Amazing »

I say we go for VitaminR.

Are we sure that Lee was scum? I have been reading the night scenes, but I don't think we can draw anything out of them for certain. I'd like to get that confirmed.

Seol, are you claiming that you
know
Lee was scum? I think you said you knew it with 100% certainty.

Nominate: VitaminR
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:49 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Damn, I forgot my restriction AGAIN. I regret when that happens.

Pooky, I am unsure what revealing your info would do to our situation, as I do not know what that info is, nor how crucial it will be. The decision is up to you, so do what you think is best.

Thok, I already pointed out there were a lot of people on the lynching block. It has become apparent that it is hard to remember all the restrictions placed upon us, and *cough* forgetting *cough* just one or two is very punishable.

Fiasco, on Commodore's list or not, I am innocent regardless. Also, you have far too much gibberish in that blip of speakage. I've got my eye on you.

PetroleumJelly, that is quite the comprehensive list. And you bring up a good point, Commodore's list likely has flaws in it-- it's just too much juicy information for us.

I feel safe with a Fritlzer, Seol, or VitaminR lynch at the moment, and could be persuaded to take out Fiasco, Thok, Silent Speaker, or Spamwise. And while I don't fault anybody for trying to get a claimed satanist (Cogito) lynched, I do fault them for pushing a lynch on our claimed mason. Anyone who tried to get him killed yesterday is under scrutiny as well.

Fritzler, Cogito and Pooky have claimed themselves to be provable roles as I have, and I will hold them to it when it gets down to brass tacks.

Zanny Zig-Zagged Zebras and craZy Zinc Zipper Zombies.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”