bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:33 am

Post by bigAl »

Mr. Flay wrote:bigAl, are you saying you moved between two rooms at night? I wonder why I didn't see you come in...
No. Since I knew there was going to be someone in the room connected by the secret passage (Lounge <--> Conservatory), I figured I would try and see if anything happened, or if there is any kind of special connection between secret passage rooms. I got no messages whatsoever, so I'm assuming that there is no connection, or perhaps that I can't go through them.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:35 am

Post by bigAl »

Um, to clairify, I got no message
regarding the secret passage
, whether or not I got a message about something else.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:19 am

Post by MeMe »

Yesterday's claim...
Mr. Flay wrote:If I live, I can provide quite a bit of information about that room, enough to clear me, I believe.
...is rather different that what you've supplied today. Also, you seem to contradict yourself here...
Mr. Flay wrote: I see actions done by others in the room. Therefore if elvis had any night actions (or anyone else who bothered to come here early), I'd have seen what she did, and been able to back her up.
Mr. Flay wrote:bigAl, are you saying you moved between two rooms at night? I wonder why I didn't see you come in...
You say you see actions -- but then question why you wouldn't have simply seen bigAl (who didn't claim an action even if he HAD been in the room, right?).

It was my assumption that you were claiming to be able to find out elvis's role or alignment at the
very least
. If I'm to believe your claim, I also have to believe that you deliberately limited your "quite a bit of information" by asking for a private audience with elvis (with belated request for Tamuz to join -- saying that "even a vanilla townie can be proven, at times..." another hint that your role doesn't do what you claim it does) -- but since you made your intention to gather information clear, if she's scum it seems plain that she'd probably have skipped her action...which you should have foreseen rather than declaring that you'd likely be able to get enough info to clear yourself.

I'm also confused by the "anyone else who bothered to come here early" phrase. What does that mean?

And this I know is nitpicky, but once suspicions are raised, I look closely...
Mr. Flay wrote:My instinct says our kill was blocked last night.
Our
kill?

Am I missing something obvious? If so, please explain. Until you do...

vote: Mr. Flay
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:33 am

Post by BabyJesus »

not sure what it means, but I forgot we had to submit a move to a room....I don't know where my character spent the night...
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Rules say if you don't pick a room, the mod will randomly assign.

I wonder if she'd tell you which room you got picked for you.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:37 am

Post by BabyJesus »

elvis_knits wrote:Rules say if you don't pick a room, the mod will randomly assign.

I wonder if she'd tell you which room you got picked for you.
I haven' been told, but I hadn't asked. I sent a pm to see.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:27 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

MeMe wrote:Yesterday's claim...
Mr. Flay wrote:If I live, I can provide quite a bit of information about that room, enough to clear me, I believe.
...is rather different that what you've supplied today. Also, you seem to contradict yourself here...
Mr. Flay wrote: I see actions done by others in the room. Therefore if elvis had any night actions (or anyone else who bothered to come here early), I'd have seen what she did, and been able to back her up.
You say you see actions -- but then question why you wouldn't have simply seen bigAl (who didn't claim an action even if he HAD been in the room, right?).
I thought bigAl was claiming he'd entered the Conservatory via the secret passage, and since I see actions in the room, it's possible I'd have seen him entering. Looks like a misread, now.
It was my assumption that you were claiming to be able to find out elvis's role or alignment at the
very least
. If I'm to believe your claim, I also have to believe that you deliberately limited your "quite a bit of information" by asking for a private audience with elvis (with belated request for Tamuz to join -- saying that "even a vanilla townie can be proven, at times..." another hint that your role doesn't do what you claim it does) -- but since you made your intention to gather information clear, if she's scum it seems plain that she'd probably have skipped her action...which you should have foreseen rather than declaring that you'd likely be able to get enough info to clear yourself.
Ahem. I wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:I'd be willing to visit one of those this evening, with
some of my (former?) accusers
, in the interest of experimentation. ... If I live, I can provide quite a bit of information about that room, enough to clear me, I believe.
Mr. Flay wrote:and I was extending the offer to
my accusers
because I think I can alleviate their concerns.

elvis will be sufficient, we don't have to assign everyone a room.
Mr. Flay wrote:Obviously "talk" (quotes mine) was an analogy for the fact that I feel I can prove my role/innocence by being in the room with
at least one other person
tonight.
elvis_knits wrote:I am assuming that "talk" is a joke. But it makes me a bit uneasy too. Flay seems to think something will be proven if we pick the same room... but I don't know what that will be, and I don't know how he thinks he knows what that will be.
More than one person in the room is fine
, but I feel like if I explain what my role does, it'll increase the chances that I'll either be nightkilled or otherwise thwarted/set-up by the scum.
(bold added for emphasis)

Where in all of that do you get the impression that I was limiting myself to just one person? Other players were skittish about scum having the ability to mass-kill a room, but for me, the more the merrier. Apparently I overestimated the possibility of power roles in this game.

As for Tamuz, it was my thought that if he was in the room with me, any actions on/by him (wasn't sure at the time whether or not I'd see targeted actions) might help clear him. It's possible that the scum avoided a nightkill entirely, since we (as a group) killed a townie Day One, they can afford to pass on one and still be in pretty good shape. Of course I don't expect a doc to come out and say they protected me, so my position does look pretty tenuous today. Admittedly I'm not on top of my game, by any means.
I'm also confused by the "anyone else who bothered to come here early" phrase. What does that mean?
...what
did
I mean? Oh, right. That should read "anyone else who came to this room at night rather than at dawn" (see daybreak post by Orbiting - we're in the Conservatory now).
And this I know is nitpicky, but once suspicions are raised, I look closely...
Mr. Flay wrote:My instinct says our kill was blocked last night.
Our
kill?

Am I missing something obvious?
I don't think so, my plan definitely didn't work out as well as I thought it would. I would ask you, however, what sort of bizarre scum scheme this would seem to have been. I'm not saying I haven't played
poorly
, I just don't think I've been playing
scummy

The "
our
kill" thing is simply referring to the fact that we have one scum group (attested by the mod), and therefore one obligatory kill at night (excluding any vigilantes, etc). Thus "our" one kill per night for the game.
Retired as of October 2014.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:01 pm

Post by bigAl »

Mr. Flay wrote:Tamuz, if you live to nightfall, come to the Conservatory with elvis and I. Even a vanilla townie can be proven, at times...
Why did you ask Tamuz to come to your room, if he was a vanilla townie and therefore would have no night actions for you to see?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:14 pm

Post by MeMe »

Mr. Flay wrote:Where in all of that do you get the impression that I was limiting myself to just one person?
It came from post #60...
Mr. Flay wrote:elvis will be sufficient, we don't have to assign everyone a room. I choose the Conservatory, by the way, elvis. Unless you would feel more comfortable picking the room.
I thought you were saying that elvis is sufficient
company
in the room but, on closer examination, I see that it probably referred to room assignments altogether -- not just in the Conservatory.

So...if more people had gone to the Conservatory, it
may
have been enough to clear you with the role you're claiming. Alright.

unvote: Mr. Flay
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:20 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

hear from the mod, it seems I ended up in the library...

I think there is benefit to everyone outing where they were.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:37 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I agree; I'd like to hear where people went.

bigAl, like I said to MeMe above, it was sort of a long-shot that either a) I'd see something he did, making him a liar, or b) something would happen to him that I'd see, making him possibly verified (depending on what the action was).
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:12 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

For some reason, I am buying everything Flay is selling.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:27 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Well I can see no harm in saying that I went to the billiards room. My decision was random.

I chose not to go into the conservatory because I felt Flay had said one would be enough, and me being vanilla would be no help to Flay and would just get in the way.

However, I am interested by this statement"
Flay wrote:Of course I don't expect a doc to come out and say they protected me, so my position does look pretty tenuous today.
That just looks wierd to me, not only does it seem doc fishy, but it also makes me wonder why Flay seems so certain, or at least willing to believe that a doctor protected him. I could easily see him trying to draw a protection, if not fish slightly.

My unease towards BJ is also furthered because of his lack of a choice. This could either be a WIFOM red herring to throw the town off if any such thing happens... or something I'm not so sure of, but I still don't like the lack of care he showed even if it is not obviously scummy.

As to the kops issue, I say let him talk before I discuss his position.
Just Fuldu to check in now?
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:22 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I don't know about Flay's explanation. He seemed awfully convinced that he was going to be able to prove himself, but his role doesn't seem to justify that level of confidence.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:23 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

overall, I'd rather not say where I went.
Show
SIG TIME.

Okay, it's not BABOOM. It's not BAMBOOM.
It's Bamboomancer: like necromancer, but with bamboo instead of necro.

So to recap:
I am not a Baboom. I am some sort of bamboo magic man.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:13 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Bamboomancer wrote:overall, I'd rather not say where I went.
vote Bamboomancer
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Flay wrote:Of course I don't expect a doc to come out and say they protected me, so my position does look pretty tenuous today.
Wait a minute...

Flay... if a doc protected you last night, shouldn't you have seen them in the conservatory??

You should KNOW if you were protected last night, or not, I think.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:24 am

Post by Fuldu »

elvis_knits wrote:
Wait a minute...

Flay... if a doc protected you last night, shouldn't you have seen them in the conservatory??

You should KNOW if you were protected last night, or not, I think.
That assumes that a player has to be in the same room as their target in order to use their role, which seems a pretty strong burden early in the game.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

You don't think the doc would have to travel to the person to protect?
Talk nerdy to me.

Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:44 am

Post by Fuldu »

Mr. Flay wrote:Unfortunately from the way it's worded I can't tell if anything is done *to* people in the room
I'm taking the "from the way it's worded" bit to mean that he can't tell whether he can tell if anything is done to people in the room, but whether he doesn't know or knows he can't, I would presume Flay can only see actions initiated in the room he's in.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:52 am

Post by bigAl »

Fuldu wrote:I'm taking the "from the way it's worded" bit to mean that he can't tell whether he can tell if anything is done to people in the room, but whether he doesn't know or knows he can't, I would presume Flay can only see actions initiated in the room he's in.
That would make sense, realistically speaking. A mafia could potentially shot someone from through the door way without getting seen, but it would be obvious if someone left the room.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:26 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Damn I thought I had caught something :(
Talk nerdy to me.

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:07 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yeah, it's been confirmed to me that I only see things done by people in the room to me (which also wasn't clear yesterday), but I would see an attempted kill, for example.

Vote: bamboomancer
- I can't really fathom what hiding the room you were in would accomplish. In fact, there's possibly a breaking strategy of us all being in the same room tonight. I would have rather had confirmation that other people knew my role does what it says, but it may be worth a shot. Failing that, bamboo is my best guess.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:08 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Errr, done in the room WITH me, whoever they're done too (I can't figure out how a doc would protect someone in another room, either, but...)
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:19 am

Post by Fuldu »

Mr. Flay wrote:Errr, done in the room WITH me, whoever they're done too (I can't figure out how a doc would protect someone in another room, either, but...)
Don't think too hard on making the roles seem realistic. Frankly, the standard doctor role doesn't make much sense in any game.

Also, unless you're relying on something in addition to your role as you've described it, I'd already thought of the all-in-one-room strategy and it doesn't work. Assuming scum can kill from a different room, they
say
they went to the same room as everyone else, make their kill, and then say you didn't see them in the room because they didn't have an action.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”