she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Grey thats why we were voting glow too.

She was acting like Neil is.

She has the excuse its how she always acts, I ant to see his excuse though.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

It being how she always acts isn't an excuse for going against the best strategy available to us.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Maruchan »

No but it is an excuse to not take it as a scum tell. just a stubborn obnoxious tell
Show
Join Now!

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by BBmolla »

btw, if you're a vig and don't claim you could be gamethrowing by doing so.

I doubt Glow will claim, skip to Thomith. I'd appreciate it if she would claim though.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Seriously, if someone counterclaims a vig after not claiming here, we lynch em so it don't really matter.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by glowball »

I don't think I should claim... I have a habit of lying when forced to claim in these situations. Also, given that I will most likely lie because I don't agree I can foresee myself being lynched at end game because you refuse to believe me then. You might as well lynch me today, and I do support Neil being against this plan. I am not letting you guys bully me into this, but without 2 claims you've got scum open to successfully claim our slots. BRAVO.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

@Maru yeah, I know. It's just... frustrating.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Maruchan »

glowball wrote:I don't think I should claim... I have a habit of lying when forced to claim in these situations. Also, given that I will most likely lie because I don't agree I can foresee myself being lynched at end game because you refuse to believe me then. You might as well lynch me today, and I do support Neil being against this plan. I am not letting you guys bully me into this, but without 2 claims you've got scum open to successfully claim our slots. BRAVO.

Lynch all Liers.

As you just admitted, by you two not claiming, if you're town, you just basically gave the game to scum on a silver platter?

SO WHY AREN'T YOU WILLING TO CLAIM?

If not claiming helps scum, then why not claim?
Show
Join Now!

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by BBmolla »

glowball wrote:I don't think I should claim... I have a habit of lying when forced to claim in these situations. Also, given that I will most likely lie because I don't agree I can foresee myself being lynched at end game because you refuse to believe me then. You might as well lynch me today, and I do support Neil being against this plan. I am not letting you guys bully me into this, but without 2 claims you've got scum open to successfully claim our slots. BRAVO.

Could you replace out?

This is a serious question.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Nah, she won't do that either.

I see no way that such stubbornness could possibly have pro-town motives. So let's lynch glowball today.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by glowball »

I am not claiming just because you guys want me to. I play games with the natural course and if I had known beforehand that I was playing with lazy people then I wouldn't have joined. I joined for the set up not to mass claim and try to break it. I HATE CLAIMS. Hell, I hate claiming at L-1 in normal games but it's what is done. I thought about replacing out, but I am here to play. Nothing about my play is against my win condition. YOU KNEW I was against this and went ahead with it anyway. It probably is in your best interest to just lynch me. You don't care about my opinions you guys are just pushing your own agenda.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

And for convienience, could people just add their name to the relevant list from the quote box?

Roleclaims wrote:
Vigs

BBmolla

Doctors

GreyICE
Maruchan
izakthegoomba

Not claiming

glowball
neil1113
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by glowball »

You know what's even funnier, scum don't even have to all claim vig they could just hide in the doctor pool with only 1 or even none of them claiming vig. Then you direct the vigs to kill who? the scummiest players remaining and if your reads are off then so is the game. They could no kill because if I was scum I'd no kill and just use the mafia doctor to frame other players without limiting down the pool. It'd be a game of patience for scum if they had it but it's definitely possible.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, hilarious. Really witty.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VitaminR wrote:
glowball wrote:I did fight for what I believed in. I am not necessarily giving in I just don't want to talk about it anymore.

There is good in the plan, but it can also go wrong and I've already said what I propose: I PROPOSE YOU GUYS STOP LOOKING FOR AN EASY WAY OUT UNDER THE GUYS OF A PLAN THAT IS NOT FOOL PROOF AND IS ONLY SYSTEMATIC. IT DOES NOT INCREASE OUR ODDS. JUST SCUM HUNT AND STOP BEING LAZY.

Glowball, for what it's worth, my initial reaction to the plan was very negative. I like to play games the way they were meant to be played, even if that can be difficult. One thing that swayed me is the fact that this set-up is pretty much going to turn into a killfest without some sort of plan like this and not like a game of careful scumhunting or anything. This plan maybe takes away a bit of good old-fashioned scumhunting, but it also keeps the game sane.

Did you read this?

Also, claiming doesn't detract from scumhunting all that much honestly. We still have to figure out whose lying.

I truly suggest you replace out if you're that against it. You are going against your win condition by not claiming.

@post above.

No. If two vigs claim, and everyone else claims doc. We have two "lynches" per day. One to whom actually gets lynched(Which we have to SCUMHUNT to find) and the other is who both vigs shoot. This, like the lynch, will be voted upon. The decided target will be left out of the doc train, and because two vig shots go through mafia doc, mafia members are for sure dead. If the person doesn't die they are SK.

And yes, I think a game of nightless is more in town's favor. The less people who die per night the better off we are.

Claiming does not remove scumhunting in any way. It just prevents useless amounts of deaths every night.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by glowball »

BBmolla wrote:
VitaminR wrote:
glowball wrote:I did fight for what I believed in. I am not necessarily giving in I just don't want to talk about it anymore.

There is good in the plan, but it can also go wrong and I've already said what I propose: I PROPOSE YOU GUYS STOP LOOKING FOR AN EASY WAY OUT UNDER THE GUYS OF A PLAN THAT IS NOT FOOL PROOF AND IS ONLY SYSTEMATIC. IT DOES NOT INCREASE OUR ODDS. JUST SCUM HUNT AND STOP BEING LAZY.

Glowball, for what it's worth, my initial reaction to the plan was very negative. I like to play games the way they were meant to be played, even if that can be difficult. One thing that swayed me is the fact that this set-up is pretty much going to turn into a killfest without some sort of plan like this and not like a game of careful scumhunting or anything. This plan maybe takes away a bit of good old-fashioned scumhunting, but it also keeps the game sane.

Did you read this?

Also, claiming doesn't detract from scumhunting all that much honestly. We still have to figure out whose lying.

I truly suggest you replace out if you're that against it. You are going against your win condition by not claiming.

@post above.

No. If two vigs claim, and everyone else claims doc. We have two "lynches" per day. One to whom actually gets lynched(Which we have to SCUMHUNT to find) and the other is who both vigs shoot. This, like the lynch, will be voted upon. The decided target will be left out of the doc train, and because two vig shots go through mafia doc, mafia members are for sure dead. If the person doesn't die they are SK.

And yes, I think a game of nightless is more in town's favor. The less people who die per night the better off we are.

Claiming does not remove scumhunting in any way. It just prevents useless amounts of deaths every night.

No it doesn't, but YOUR READS ARE OFF and you guys will end up killing each other. YES it's more systematic way to pick off other town aligned! You won't be able to find scum that much is apparent by the fact that you wanted to lynch me and are giving the sheep a free pass. I am not saying that the vigs won't be able to kill, I am saying that all scum have to do is play like regular mafia and be so town that you don't even see them, sooner or later you'll just keep picking off doctors and then no one will be left to protect you.

I am not playing against my win condition. I want to win. YOU just want me to win the way YOU want. That is the circumstance you put on the game and no where in the rules does it say I have to mass claim if everyone wants it. You guys are just trying to push me in a direction and since scum have sheeped the idea I am definitely against it.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by glowball »

Also, yeah I read Vitamin's post and I wish he stuck to his guns. Mafia is mafia for a reason, I came to play not be ridiculous. YES there is a lot of killing, but I joined because I liked the set up. I am not refusing to play, I am just refusing to claim which isn't against my win con.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by BBmolla »

@Neil:
Do you think I'm scum?
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Maruchan »

glowball wrote:Also, yeah I read Vitamin's post and I wish he stuck to his guns. Mafia is mafia for a reason, I came to play not be ridiculous. YES there is a lot of killing, but I joined because I liked the set up. I am not refusing to play, I am just refusing to claim which isn't against my win con.

then go play Newbie if yo udon't liek that different roles force the game to be played in different ways.

Mafia is Mafia? Then go play some cop+doc+JK+town mafia, and you'll play the game you are wanting to play.
Show
Join Now!

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by GreyICE »

This is an open.

This is an open where it's pro-town to mass claim.

The benefit of doing so is to get confirmed town and prevent town from blocking vig shots.

There's no protown motive to deconfirm two confirmed town after several days have passed. Period.

Not claiming means your claim is doctor. PERIOD.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by glowball »

okay GreyICE... whatever you want whatever you say.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by glowball »

Maruchan wrote:
glowball wrote:Also, yeah I read Vitamin's post and I wish he stuck to his guns. Mafia is mafia for a reason, I came to play not be ridiculous. YES there is a lot of killing, but I joined because I liked the set up. I am not refusing to play, I am just refusing to claim which isn't against my win con.

then go play Newbie if yo udon't liek that different roles force the game to be played in different ways.

Mafia is Mafia? Then go play some cop+doc+JK+town mafia, and you'll play the game you are wanting to play.

Also no one is forcing you to play the game like this. I love new roles, and I love different roles but it's no fun if you guys are too scared/lazy to see how it plays out.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by BBmolla »

We're not scared or lazy. If mass claiming benefits the town, you bet your ass I'm for mass claiming.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by glowball »

It doesn't benefit the town if you just end up shooting town members! Like I said you thought I was scum for going against the plan, and ignored others completely obviously your reads are off.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by BBmolla »

glowball wrote:It doesn't benefit the town if you just end up shooting town members! Like I said you thought I was scum for going against the plan, and ignored others completely obviously your reads are off.

So you're saying if we don't mass claim we won't end up shooting town members.

Return to “Completed Open Games”