Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:00 am

Post by farside22 »

posting in all games:
Mod: I'm on V/LA September 3rd and I will be back Tuesday September 6th
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:12 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

farside22 wrote:
diddin wrote:Inhim is slipping in my reads, I think he's trying to coast on the townread everyone had on kendall.

I agree but recent events tell me this is his normal play no matter his alignment these days

Eh, I know. Though it's never really been much different, loljoindate. Time for mafia has been dwindling since promotion, and I play LoL too much when I'm at home. Soon will be nothing more than a mod, I'm afraid. After this and BDM I'm taking an extended break.

ANYHOW, back to this game. I read up some of the way, see the deal with the Neighbors and their kills, I DO think with the setup and how kills are processed, it makes it more likely at least one is scum.

There's a ton of bad gambiting going on, and it's making it a lot easier for scum to hide. Lying as Town is
borderline
absurd, only to be handled by trained professionals.

At the Neighborhood: can you guys talk about how you each reacted to having the shared kill? Who brought up how to decide on kills? Etc.

I'm going to need some question time to get back in this game. Can someone post a list of claims and lies about claims? I think I have it all, but I skimmed fairly heavily.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:35 am

Post by farside22 »

At the Neighborhood: can you guys talk about how you each reacted to having the shared kill? Who brought up how to decide on kills? Etc.

Nanook didn't say anything. I don't remember rainbow's reaction when she came in without reading back through the QT. I laughed my ass off and said cool.

My idea was to have everyone discuss their views on all the players and have everyone agree to one player to vig. This way if there was scum in the neighborhood if the vig hit someone not discussed I would be more certain (instead of paranoid) there was scum in the neighborhood.
As for whom to kill it was mostly me and Rainbow discussing our scum reads. I had certain players, she had certain players and we talked back and forth a bit on why. All Ntw did was list 3 players day 1 without a reason then he conceeded to both Rainbow and myself choosing Borge night 1 without really fighting or saying anything during the discussion (this is why I started to lean scum on NtW).
After my case and points on NtW he stopped talking in the QT (I think since that case he said 3 things in the QT at the most).
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:42 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

So both Night 1 kills are claimed to be from Town? Sorry missed that part.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:02 am

Post by PeregrineV »

farside22 wrote:

Nanook didn't say anything. I don't remember rainbow's reaction when she came in without reading back through the QT. I laughed my ass off and said cool.

My idea was to have everyone discuss their views on all the players and have everyone agree to one player to vig. This way if there was scum in the neighborhood if the vig hit someone not discussed I would be more certain (instead of paranoid) there was scum in the neighborhood.
As for whom to kill it was mostly me and Rainbow discussing our scum reads. I had certain players, she had certain players and we talked back and forth a bit on why. All Ntw did was list 3 players day 1 without a reason then he conceeded to both Rainbow and myself choosing Borge night 1 without really fighting or saying anything during the discussion (this is why I started to lean scum on NtW).
After my case and points on NtW he stopped talking in the QT (I think since that case he said 3 things in the QT at the most).

@Nanook- Is this true? Did it happen the way Farside said?

If you look at the advantages of a QT to town, you get to say all kinds of things that might mark you as scummy to 20+ people, but one other person may understand what you mean.
Whereas for scum, there is no advantage. Sure, you might paint yourself as town in your neighbors eyes, but if they are town you know that can change in an instant, as town are paranoid of EVERYONE until the mod confirms them. So, as scum in a town QT, you kind of want to stay quiet and avoid giving the town players extra ammo to use against you in thread. Like you seem to have done.
So, I will give you time to respond to Farside and this, but now I'm leaning on you to be the scum member of that group.

@Farside- How sure are you on Rainbow being town?
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:44 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Vote Count 3-6

bobsnox
(1)- petroleumjelly,
Blonde Doctor
(0)-
chkflip
(1)-
DeathNote
(0)-
diddin
(0)-
farside22
(0)-
Flavour Analysis
(0)-
inHimshallibe
(0)-
jmurph3
(0)-
Juls
(1)- diddin,
mikehart
(1)- Rainbowdash
NanookTheWolf
(3)- SpyreX, bobsnox, chkflip,
Oversoul
(0)-
PeregrineV
(0)-
petroleumjelly
(0)-
Rainbowdash
(0)-
Ray Montano
(0)-
SpyreX
(0)-
TheJakalope
(5)- Flavour Analysis, farside22, Ray Montano, PeregrineV, NanookTheWolf,

Not Voting (8)- Blonde Doctor, DeathNote, mikehart, Oversoul, Juls, jmurph3, TheJakalope, inHimshallibe,

With 19 alive, it's 10 to a lynch.

Deadline is September 10th at 3pm EST.

Prodding Oversoul, Mikehart

Replacing chkflip

[/b]
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:54 am

Post by farside22 »

@Farside- How sure are you on Rainbow being town?

I've very, very sure that 2 people in the neighborhood are town. I know myself to be town and between rainbow and NtW I'm more sure of my town read on rainbow.
She was practically telling everyone day 1 in thread that she was going to vig Umbrage. She also has her paranoid moments, which I read as town. Plus many of her views and mine bouncing off of each other I think keep us sane.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Oversoul »

I have been prodded. Have no fear, I will bookmark this topic. :P

I kinda forgot about it in conjunction my other games real life (which just hit me hard so expect little activity for now).

I am still here (on page like... 22)
Blonde Doctor
Blonde Doctor
Goon
Blonde Doctor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Blonde Doctor »

Hey guys! I'm really sorry, but my internet crapped out and the guy is coming on Monday to fix it (friend's computer). This is my only game, so I'll be back to catch up then.

At quick glance, I'm glad to see the wagon on Juls died down because that was silly, and I approve of TheJakelope wagon.

B~D
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

@mod
- I have little to no access this weekend, I may be able to post but no promises. Should be back Monday at the very latest.

I want a mike lynch. Everything I said about him earlier in the game still applies there. Along with

-Him trying to push FA post vig claim
-Attack on leaders for being leaders
-No strong stances on popular ponies

No pony will hammer again until the vig group gets all of our stuff straightened out, but I would be happy with the TJ lynch in order to activate our power.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Juls »

OH MY GOD I MADE IT THROUGH ALL 71 PAGES!!!!!!!! *wipes brow*

I have probably taken more notes in this game than my ENTIRE mafia career. Now I just have to put it into a coherent post. But, while I am doing that (and I am taking a break for a little while before I do), I would really like a question answered that I may have missed in the last few pages.

@Neighbors: Who was the agreed upon vig target before the last minute switcharoo?
-------------------------------------
Juls
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
Just finished jmurph3's iso at Rainbowdash's request.

At the beginning, I actually thought she looked moderately connected to Umbrage as she would say things like "Umbrage is scummy, but I think he is a VI,” which felt like a pretty weak way to avoid voting one’s partner. But I changed my mind after she apparently got frustrated with the game, and soon voted Umbrage simply because Umbrage had the most votes in Post 1046.

What strikes me about this is she clearly expressed her displeasure with her vote on Umbrage. This just doesn't seem like something a scumpartner is going to do. Why not at least go for bussing points? Also, if she was really trying to defend Umbrage, this doesn’t seem like a natural turn to take.

Other than that, nothing catches my attention except for her abrupt unvote of NanooktheWolf in Post 1579 because “pressure” had been applied. It seems a bit too nonconfrontational.

On the whole, I don’t think jmurph3 looks particularly Town, but I am also not thinking she looks partnered with Umbrage. By default, I guess I find her more likely Town than not.

2.)
I will be on extended V/LA for over a week, starting tomorrow. Chances are I will actually have plenty of access to a computer, but I will have a better idea once I get where I’m going.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

V/LA until probably Monday, at least
. Hurricane Irene has forced an evacuation, so not sure where I'll be/what the status of internet will be.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

It's probably a bunch of hubbub about nothing, but if I go missing, it's also probably due to the hurricane. I've never had significant power problems even in the worst of storms though, so it should be alright.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by bobsnox »

UNVOTE: nanook

I'm going to sheep rainbowpony. I don't see how Rainbow could be scum with the whole alien thing and farside's connection, so it's safe to say Rainbow's not bussing anyone.

VOTE: mike
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by diddin »

Unvote, Vote: TheJakalope

Looks like if we're lynching someone who isn't an alien, it's gonna be Jak. I'm highly anticipating Juls's big post.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Juls »

Blonde Doctor/Beck

Beck First: I had the pleasure of recently completing a game with Beck in which I pegged him as scum very early and I was just half assing it because I had a lot going on. bobsnox replaced into that game and by reading the scum QT there was already bad blood between the two. As I was reading this game Beck did not strike me as scum. But when he replaced out it struck me as very very odd. This is a guy that posts 20+ times a day and looking back at the time he replaced out he didn't slow down in any other game, nor did he replace out of any other game. In the other game where he was scum, he was almost ready to replace out when they were on separate teams. Can you imagine how frustrated he would be if he was scum with bobsnox? I don't have this slot at the top of my scum list. Probably not even in the top five, but if bob were to flip scum I would have to look hard at this slot. I would also assume that if bob and Beck were both mafia, they had day talk.

Now Blonde Doctor: She has 13 posts so not a lot to go on here. The only real note I have on Blonde Doctor is in this post I see a link to Hiraki/Deathnote. The comment in question is this:
Blonde Doctor 1654 wrote:Hiraki said something funny in regards to Umbrage. It sounded like he was trying to defend her and sluff her actions off on being a VI instead of them being scummy, while still allowing for the possibility of being on her wagon by calling it a "policy lynch."
Finger of Supicion: DeathNote
I like the sentiment and in fact I have lots of examples of Hiraki doing this. However, that's the problem for me. I felt like it was such an over the top thing that it could be discussed in the QT and this might be a small bus here given the FoS instead of a flat vote. It gets tangled in the middle of the post instead of popping out.

Claim:
None Yet
Verdict:
Null Leaning Scum pending flips of Hikari or bobsnox

bobsnox

So the big things for me surrounding bobsnox is his push on the kendall wagon. And his bread crumbing of buzz light year here, here, and here. I can buy the claim, I don't have a problem with that but I have a theory (yes, I might have lots of these not all of them will be true). What if Nanook is really Buzz Lightyear? It would make sense given that Buzz was in the machine with the aliens in Toy Story 1. Also, someone already said that the mod has given scum main character fake claims in the past. As a mod, I also try to give my scum at least one big character fake claim in theme games. Anyhow, it could be that they set up this bus last night and that is why bob is saying "lynch me and find out". Because if Nanook flips Buzz lightyear, then we know that bob is lying. I know it's a little left field and I am not basing my world on it but there is definitely scum in Nanook/bob I feel pretty strongly about that. And given the reactions to the claim (repeating "scum or town PR" over and over), I believe bob is the lynch for today.

bob, given that you are on the chopping block, I would really like you to explain the quote below:
SpyreX 877 wrote:Bob if you sheep me RIGHT NOW I guarantee you 3 days of life.

bobsnox 878 wrote:haha that's ironic. I'll tell you why later.

Claim:
Buzz Lightyear, bulletproof
Verdict:
Scum

chkflip

First, there was the random questions that he never followed up on and he also had specific questions for Beck, bob, nintendo (SpyreX), Silver(Juls), mike, Nanook, soda, donjosh, and diddin. If he ever flips scum then at least one of these will be guaranteed scum. The only post that seemed genuine was this one where he talks about the reasoning for his questions. After that I am really not crazy with the way he is vote hopping. Two particular instances: here where he blindly follows Rainbowdash without being caught up yet, and here where he votes NtW. He also noted this:
chkflip 935 wrote:On second thought, you can grill me D2 all you want. I think a different flip will heed much greater results.

Unvote;
Vote: mb53

meta reasons - his current play totally matches mbscum.

I wonder if anyone else can back this assertion up? I have not had a chance to follow up on it. To be honest, I think what this slot needs more than anything is a replacement. Sooner rather than later.

Claim:
None Yet
Verdict:
Null

Deathnote / Hiraki

Hiraki first: Hiraki is a gold mine of scumminess. First, in this post he stakes his life on kendall being town. I will agree that it was a no brainer that kendall was town but this post makes me feel like I just sat on a toilet that had pee on it. It just grosses me out and reads as scum who knows who is town. Then he starts to try to move the attention away from Umbrage here. At first I just noted it as a maybe but then he got carried away by keeping on here, here, and here. It was just so overdone it did not feel sincere. Another point: he gave his list of reads here but despite several request would never explain his formatting. And then he acts insulted that no one can figure out his reads and says he gave a list. Yet another point was this case on Ray Montano that feels completely contrived. But wait, there's more. No troll-scum is completely without the fake rage post. And then the kicker: this post reads like scum that knows too much a la Reckoner in Speed Mafia. As scum, he would know that Umbrage was a power role as opposed to a goon.

I don't know if he is just a troll or not (and maybe others can speak to that) but he really comes off as reverse bussing of Umbrage. Plus all the other stuff above.

Now Deathnote: Well he really hasn't done all that much other than counter claim Lenny the Binoculars. But if scum have fake claims then he would have known to do that anyway. I don't really see anything redeeming about this slot.

Claim:
Lenny the Binoculars, Townie
Verdict:
Scum

diddin

I kinda thought based on the "OMG diddin is getting the power" that he must be so obvtown it hurts but I just didn't see it as being that obvious. There are others who are way more protown than him in my opinion. Just a quick overview of my notes:
Post 254: A good push on Flavour Analysis but I am not 100% convinced it isn't a bus but I would still say I am leaning town on this post.
Post 699: Good points on Hiraki's defense of Umbrage. However, again, I can't 100% say this isn't bussing.
Post 879: I was kinda taken aback by this post. I had not gleaned that he was suspicious of Rainbow, Spy, and Glow until this point. Maybe it got muddled in all the other posts but this surprised me especially considering how oppositely strong my reads on them were.
Post 1128: Could be sincere but could also be scum knowing that glow is not bopeep. Reads as possible scum with external information.
General: I am not liking or understanding the point of the softclaims.

Even though I have suspicion of diddin, every post I reference could go either way.

Claim:
None Yet
Verdict:
Null, Leaning Town

farside22

There are 2 people in this game who if they flip scum I will march straight over to the Scummies thread and nominate them for Master Manipulator. farside is one of the two. For the most part my notes on farside consist of "good posting", "town posting", "I like this post", "same thing I noted", "farside is town". I seriously do not have one thing I find suspicious about farside. I have played with farside before and have played recently with her as scum. I also moderated a game that just finished where she was town. I feel I have a good read on her. This is town farside. Just for completeness, here are the posts that I added to my farside town scrapbook: 48, 73, 240, 778, 1140, 1294, 1329, 1363, 1369
I'm digging farside in this game.

Claim:
Alien #2(?)
Verdict:
Strong Town

Flavour Analysis

The one that I have the most notes on. At first I was so sold on them being scum I couldn't even wait to finish just to vote them. Then it started getting a little more muddy and I find one head to be way more scummy than the other head and then the claim. My head is a big mess for this slot. I will try to summarize at the end but I am just going to hit all my notes and kinda leave it as part of my legacy in the event that I am dead it can be looked back on. I don't know if I am equipped to make a judgement on this slot. Also, please FA, do not respond to everyone of these. Some get obsoleted at later points, some things changed. This is just here for historical purposes. I don't think I have the strength to get in a posting war with you.
Raw Notes on FA:
68strange first post. Some sort of breadcrumb? Normal behavior?
70specific questions for nintendo, bob, beck [look back here if any flip scum]
87A little too "overhelpful" for my liking. something about this post doesn't read sincere. Is this an alt? Hydra, July and Ranmaru
124More questions. I get the feeling there is a lot of questions being asked but no conclusions
being drawn.
152Puts Nanook as town, I don't see it. Also votes umbrage as scum for little reason. Looks like
a bus.
153Asks kendall views on chk, nannook, umbrage. Why these three specifically?
181More "too nice" posting. rubs me wrong. It's insincere.
245Abandons Umbrage without a word as to why.
273OK, now the July head seems to be bussing Umbrage.
409Hmmm, post seems genuinely annoyed at kendall. Does that actually mean this is town annoyance or scum? Is annoyance only a town sentiment in cases like these?
419And we're back. The constant push for thoughts on Umbrage knowing his flip bothers me to no end.
450If all else fails, call out lurkers.
626Overexagerated rage.
684Another "what is your read on" question.
687Doesn't want to rush the lynch appears a townie sentiment but given the wagon is in the direction of scum, it loses it's steam a bit. Reads: agree with Hikari and the reasoning behind it. Disagree with ALL of the Ranmaru reads. Either we have Ranmaru who is obvscum or Ranmaru who is town that looks scummy. July posts come off more townish.
706More "helpful" BS. I have to decide if the Ranmaru head just gets on my nerves or if they are scum.
754The Ranmaru head is oCD/control freak maybe? Incessantly asking for thoughts on plan for toys
784LOL, I am reading this post and thinking "wow, this is actually good responses". I get to the end and realize it comes from July. I definitely have different reads on the two heads. July is good scum/town and Ranmaru is bad scum/town
930The end of this post gets a few town points for explaining the questions.
998If town, needs to use less words. They use 50 words for things that could be said in 10. Also, if FA asks me my reads on single fucking person I will ignore it because this is getting ridiculous.
1035And we're back to FA asking questions without real reason to be asking them.
1154Gets town points for noticing what I saw from Nanook (unvoting with still leariness)
1278Claims one-shot vig that killed Soda.
1282Claims Woody
1547How does she figure the FC lynch netted a scum?
1548Good catch +townpts.
1589Suspects Rainbow as scum and jailkept her. Rainbow claimed first, that almost wholey confirms Rainbowdash as town in my opinion.

I told you it was a lot! The main thing I have going on here is if I just don't mesh with Ranmaru's playstyle or if it is a scummy slot. There are definitely some questionable things going on. The claim is hard to believe given that we have already got a flipped jailkeeper and a 3-way vigilante. My fear is this slot is a
Mafia Jack of All Trades

Claim:
Woody, JOAT
Verdict:
Null, Leaning Scum

inHimshallibe / kendall

I'm not going to spend a lot of time here. This slot is clearly town. kendall was so obvious it hurt. inHim hasn't really done anything, but what's new? On general note that I did make was that kendall and Yamichan should get together and play a game of mafia. Can you imagine the pain? (that is, if kendall isn't actually a Yamichan alt)

Claim:
None Yet
Verdict:
Town

jmurph3

There are a few things I dislike about jmurph. First was the double RVS despite lots of other stuff taking shape. I don't care how hard she tries to defend that as a real vote, it was NOT serious. I made note of this quiet departure from the Umbrage wagon. But I also have notes on this, and this which I am not sure what to make of given Umbrage's flip. A few other posts I felt were contrived. Specifically, 923, 990 (although I felt guilty about this one), and 1579. Maybe the better word is "off". These posts just seem off.

Claim:
None Yet
Verdict:
Leaning Scum

mikehart

I started out with a solid town read on mikehart but a couple of recent posts have shaken that somewhat. I really liked his reads in 718 but what bothered me is that it took 700+ posts before I recorded ANY notes about him at all. He continued on with good posts 723 and 783. My big trouble post for him is 1384. It really reads like he might have more information than town. I still have a slight town feel here and we have so many more scummy people that I am leaning town on him.

Claim:
None Yet
Verdict:
Leaning Town

NanookTheWolf

Throughout all his posts I have had a scum read on him. Mainly it's just a general vibe from his post but there are a couple things that raised my hackles:
149 When he said the following, I about spewed my drink on the monitor. It could be a simple mistake or a slip.
NanookTheWolf 149 wrote:If that looks as though I'm trying to back you up b/c you're my scum buddy

I am not really sure why, but 312 kinda gave me ties to Umbrage. Though, I admit, I can't quite explain why. Also, remember, I reread knowing Umbrage's flip so this also looked pretty damning for Nanook. Also, I have my bob/Nanook scum together theory too.

Claim:
Alien #3
Verdict:
Scum

Oversoul / Beefster

I had a town read on Beefster up until he left. Sure he was all over the place with his reads but I could tell he was trying and it felt authentic. What I don't have are specific instances that are like "here...this guy is town". There was one thing Oversoul mentioned that bothered me but I want to keep it to myself for now.

Claim:
None yet
Verdict:
Null, Leaning Town

PeregrineV

Other than the fact that he won the prize on day one and he claims to have used his 1-shot doc prize on FC I don't really have much else to note about him. He is slightly lurky but even when he is here I take no notice of him. The only strong thing I have against him is in 574 where he votes DonJosh though he has never mentioned him and gives no reason. His top 3 suspects the real-life day before were Ray, Umbrage, and Beefster.

Claim:
None yet
Verdict:
Very Null, Slight Scum

petroleumjelly / DonJosh

When DonJosh had this slot I couldn't decide if he was lazy town or scum. He had an opportunistic vote on kendall I didn't like here and I didn't like the just lynch me plea. I have liked petroleumjelly's post much better. Especially 1056 and 1172 where he claims. (Note: I have an answer for you at the bottom of the thread regarding the prize timeline)

Claim:
Slinky Dog
Verdict:
Null, Leaning Town

Ray Montano

I might very well be the only person who has a town read on Ray and trust me, that scares me. Real early he was one of the first to start scumhunting in posts 42 and 64. I am a sucker for players that start the ball rolling on conversation. Then, in 667 he seems like frustrated town and I can sympathize with that. I also made note of 944. This pretty much solidified that he was at the very least NOT scum with Umbrage. An Umbrage partner would have to be pretty ballsy to say that. He has a a couple other posts that I could note if anyone is really interested but this post is massive and I am moving on. There were a few things that did bother me though.
-352: I really disliked this post mainly because he didn't change his vote from kendall. It just didn't sit right in so many ways.
-1084: I was watching for someone to unvote Umbrage with hesitation in doing so because I think scum would do that to look "right" when all is said and done.
-1053: I think this very well could have been a scumslip. What he meant to say was "town" but instead he said "scum". Given the flip it looks like an accident.

So, yeah, I said town but maybe it's more like more town than scummy.

Claim:
None Yet
Verdict:
Slightly Leaning Town

Rainbowdash

So there are several, several, several reasons that I have a town read on Rainbowdash but when it comes right down to it, the neighborhood vig claim of a blocked kill before Flavour Analysis admitted to jailkeeping her sealed the deal for me. One thing I want to focus on, however, is her belief that scum can't be in the neighborhood because that gives mafia an extra kill. I disagree. I think 2 town and 1 scum in a 3 person neighborhood balance nicely. 1) because scum knows who NOT to kill and it is anonymous, 2) scum can knock one or both of the townie's off if they start getting on the right track. So yeah, you seem to get stuck on these theories of yours (similar to the 2 scum team thing). You have to think logically and it is pretty likely that one of you are scum, and given the 3 in the neighborhood there is a HUGE chance that one is Nanook.

One more thing I want to throw out there. I do think Rainbowdash is town but there is one little "theory" I had that scared the living bejesus out of me. I will copy it verbatim from my notes. I will rely on you all to tell me if you think it holds any weight.

Juls' notes wrote:Oh shit, what if Rainbowdash wants to lynch DJ today so Umbrage would be investigated at night and flip innocent. She really is pushing for a DonJosh lynch. Crap.

Claim:
Alien #1
Verdict:
Solid Town

SpyreX /nintendoaddict

Remember way up there ^ where I said I had two extremely strong town reads. Well this guy is the other one. I recently caught SpyreX scum in [redacted] *brushes off shoulders* :p so I feel like I can read him pretty well. But as obvious as SpyreX town is, I actually had good vibes from nintendo as well. I don't have a scrapbook for SpyreX like I had for farside mainly because it was so blatantly obvious I stopped taking notes on him. I did kinda get a chuckle at 1463 where you got a little hacked off about the gambit of Fourseen Circumstance. I seem to recall when we played Speed Mafia that one populartajo pulled a gambit that pissed us off at the time but ended up winning the game for us in the end. So, I am becoming less and less aggravated by gambits I find.

Claim:
None Yet
Verdict:
Strong Town

TheJakalope

I have already stated my reads on his predecessor, mb53, in a previous post (see quote below):
Juls wrote:I can go ahead and let you chew on that one if you want (but then I am off to bed):
(based on mb53, haven't got to TJ yet)
Post 390: "Takes his place" on the Umbrage wagon. I think scum would take the opportunity to at least bus his buddy here or do something more than resign to the wagon.
Post 585: Strong town sentiment from this post. This is something I had already noted about Peregrine (that he list his 3 top suspects and then a day later votes someone completely different).
In general, mb53 reads as town doing their best to keep up but falling short.

I don't have much else that I have added for Jak though. So I feel like even if this slot is town, I should have a better read on it on page 71.

Claim:
None Yet
Verdict:
Null

Alright, I have a couple more general things to note (as if this post wasn't long enough). First, in response to petroleum jelly:
petroleumjelly wrote:In that vein of inquiry, I would like a very detailed timeline of exactly how things went down. When did you see the trivia question? How long did you take before you submitted your answer? What were you doing when you noticed it? How far in the game were you while conducting your reread? What spurred you into immediately answering it?

I was reading the game and periodically refreshing my bookmarks list to see if anything was going on in my other game and such. I saw Scott post and thought it may have been a votecount. I didn't even think that it would be a problem. I was only on about page 13 so I hadn't even seen the first prize trivia yet. In my head I was thinking "I am town, this needs to go to town." I didn't know it was announced in thread which would stop scum from being so greedy. It was a mistake and if you guys want to harp on it for all of eternity go ahead. It isn't going to make the trivia reappear or take the prize away from me. It is what it is. Move on. If you can't tell from this post that I am town then you might as well lynch me. At this point I don't really care as I feel I have went above and beyond to make my contribution with this post alone. That doesn't mean I am going to stop being active, but at least I know my reads are in thread if you do lynch me.

The second thing I want to bring up is I am really surprised that no one mentioned the miller flip of Fourseen Circumstance and that it is so odd that he was able to nail Flavour's kill like that. I don't know if anything is to be gained from it but it was such an interesting series of events it feels like it should be talked about. Maybe not.

Final point, just a reminder that I would still like to know who the original kill choice was for the neighborhood prior to the switch last night.

I may expand on this more in the future, maybe not. I have tons of notes but I didn't want this thing to be bigger than it had to be. I am not a wall poster for the most part so don't expect any more of these for the duration of the game. If there are spelling/grammar errors I apologize, this post took about 3-4 hours to write and I really don't feel like proofing it.

Vote: bobsnox
(I almost forgot)
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Juls »

Wow that thing is massive, maybe my largest post ever. Over 4000 words, most of them mine.
Juls
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by diddin »

Epic crosspost, holy crap.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:02 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

unvote
Vote TJ

Claim.
You don't earn
loyalty
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
I will admit that your (Juls') suggestion of FlavourAnalysis being a scum JOAT actually piques my curiosity, because in Simpsons Mafia, the Mod made Sideshow Bob a "Serial JOAT," who had an alternate win condition of hammering or nightkilling Bart.
But
. I personally doubt the Mod would really do something like that two games in a row. And although I can't say I really agree with jailkeeping Rainbowdash, his kill on SodaSpirit17 doesn't really trigger any alarm bells for me. I'd like to see how he plays out his role, personally.

2.)
So, random epiphany-thought that I will have to check up on: it occurred to me that since FourseenCircumstance had counterclaimed Watcher on Day One that, if scum have a role-blocker role (which I am putting at "likely" to "highly likely"), FourseenCircumstance would have been a rather obvious candidate for blocking. And if he
was
blocked, then scum
might
have let off some "too much knowledge" tells at some point on Day Two after FourseenCircumstance claimed his "result." It's somewhat of a longshot, but when I have time to reread that portion of the game, I'll be on the lookout for such tells just in case. I'd also appreciate if somebody else check on this, since it just might reveal some scums.

3.)
Aliens: Would you mind clarifying if you
know
your neighbors are also Aliens?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

petroleumjelly wrote:
3.)
Aliens: Would you mind clarifying if you
know
your neighbors are also Aliens?

Role refers to them as aliens.

I have decided the NtW is definantly town again for special reasons that one of my partners can explain even if I die, that wagon needs to go away. Farside and myself need to start drawing any protections left out there.

Not sold on bob wagon because he claimed BP. Scott used BP townie last large theme. Also its technically a testable role, and the scum role that is usually BP already flipped. I have him as likely town at this point given that claim. For all I know NtW is going to test it again tonight though.
You don't earn
loyalty
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by Flavour Analysis »

@
Juls
: Generally, I'm a team player. I am always helpful. I like to call out people lurking alot. I do think it's a playstyle thing, because me and July have very different playstyles. I like to be active, and be in everyone's face. I'm also arrogant. July likes to make cases, and likes to pressure those not spoken of, and most likely someone who won't omgus unless she really feels that person is scum. I generally ask alot of questions regarding reads because I felt that was the most important thing to ask about. Since July only posted twice, I do not think you can really be conflicted with us read wise, since I have been posting the most overall.

About my #784, I'm guessing you like the way July speaks, which is fine I guess. I admit I'm not the best at communication, but I don't think that's something that can give you conflicting reads on each of us. Also, she goes off vibes, and it seems you do too, so that may be another factor.

Also, i want your thoughts on Beefster's #962. Do you think he would do that as scum?
Oyatsu Nuki
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by Flavour Analysis »

Also, no the crumb was a joke. It's not normal behavior because I don't crumb.

Also, regarding FourSeen, I meant his soft counter on Umbrage netted us scum, which is funny. Also thanks to Glow for backing him up.
Oyatsu Nuki
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Juls »

Please explain how lynching TJ tells us anything about anything even if he is scum?
Lynching nanook or bob is the way to go.
Guys, there are way too many vig abilities floating around for them all to be town.
Rainbow, you being convinced that nanook is town for super secret reasons doesn't mean a heal of beans to me because your wild goose chases this game has led me not to trust your ability to theorize and outguess the mod.

And why won't you guys answer me about who the original kill choice was? It is a simple question that shouldn't be that hard. I also want one of you to ACTUALLY ask the mod if the "alien" as character names are mod confirmed or sis there a potential for them to be an alias.
Juls

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”