Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Maruchan »

izakthegoomba wrote:Well I would LOVE to mod that setup, but I played it in a crap section of a crap forum with a bunch of crap players. It may work better here.

@Piggy that's a hard one. I've only played as townie, doctor, and goon, but given the choice, I would want one of the following.

Godfather, especially with a big scumteam. Call me a power-hungry ego-centric maniac but... Oh, wait...

Dayvig. I just want to have a massive, drawn-out argument with someone over their scumminess, shoving them into a corner, and finshing them off with a dayvigging. Even better if they actually
are
scum.

Jester. Sorry, being brutally honest here. As much as all the other players would hate the mod for it, I would take a guilty pleasure in all the trickery and faking involved. Maybe I would like to get this just once...

I fucking love you.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:55 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

<3
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Maruchan »

izak, we should totally hydra some time now.
Show
Join Now!

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Sure, I've been wanting to hydra for a while now. Let's do it after this game though, I've already got three running. And we should play a large theme - something really crazy.

Anyway, back to the game.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:32 am

Post by ToastyToast »

As the day went on, many had yet to say even a word. The situation had brought some closer together--two of them even fell in love--but most were too in shock to speak up.

With regards to the unconfirmed players, I'm probably going to give them the usual time it takes for a prod before looking for replacements. Mega has not been on site since Monday, but the other 2 seem active.

Vote Count #2

glowball (2) - Maruchan, VitaminR
Mega (0) -
pinkfloyd (0) -
PiggyGal15 (0) -
izakthegoomba (0) -
BBmolla (0) -
VitaminR (1) - Thomith
Thomith (1) - izakthegoomba
Maruchan (1) - glowball
Quaroath (0) -
neil1113 (0) -
whispersilk (0) -
No Lynch (0) -
Not voting: Mega, pinkfloyd, PiggyGal15, BBmolla, Quaroath, neil1113, whispersilk

It takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no lynch!
Last edited by ToastyToast on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:39 am

Post by BBmolla »

Alright, here's my reasoning behind vig claiming. Incoming wall of text. Possibly gamebreaking.

Now, ideally if a serial killer or mafia get bandwagoned to the point of having to claim, they'll most likely claim Vig, at least in the SK's case. Cause then they can prove their vigness by shooting a chosen target or whatever.

Now let's say we have vigs claim early. This is assuming everyone's reads on each other are exactly the same.

Situation 1 - Two Vigs Claim
These two vigs would then be confirmed town, because there have to be two. Docs would be on them because they are the only confirmed town. Now, we could split all the players in two groups and have one group protect on vig and the other group the other vig, but this would be a waste of doctors. We could just assign players to protect the vigs, random players. Even if the mafia are assigned to protect the vig, they can't kill him because it'll out the guy as mafia. If a serial killer is assigned, he's the only one who knows, and killing the vig will get him lynched. And if it's a real doctor, they're protected. So essentially mafia can only kill vig if there's that small chance that the serial killer is the one assigned to protect, and I don't know why they'd take that risk anyway. With the two people protecting the vigs, everyone else could be on random.

Situation 2 - Three Vigs Claim
This of course means either a mafia or serial killer is claiming vig, most likely the latter. This one I'm not as sure as how to approach, because the SK is bulletproof. We could keep the SK around till it's neccessary to lynch him, or if one vig dies we could lynch between ccs. Unfortunately not really sure how to approach this one. It could be also be approached the same as below, but it doesn't work as well I don't think.

Situation 3 - Four Vigs Claim
This one I know how to approach. Have all the vigs shoot each other, and docs no protect. Why? Because then, most likely, both vigs will die leaving the two ccs, who will be confirmed guilties. Now, if we ML'd a doc d1(The most likely scenario), and the vigs all shot each other and the vigs died, we'd be left with 9 people, 5 docs, 3 mafia, and 1 serial killer. We obviously lynch the sk or mafia this day, and also create a doc train. The only possible role left is doc, so if anyone dies that shows they didn't doc and they are maf. Ideally the maf will be forced to NK and the SK will kill someone random that made succeed or not. Now we continue doc training and it essentially becomes a nightless.
P-Edit: I didn't take into account that mafia could NK, possibly leaving a vig alive. Hm. We could still lynch between the vig ccs, cause there's still mafia/sk in there.

Situation 4 - No Vigs Claim
Vigs shoot whomever they want at night, and the game is played as intended.

I think it could be considered, but it's risky and I feel like there's a factor I'm forgetting. But essentially if the vigs die, we can proceed to doc train which will force the mafia to NK. If the vigs are the only ones who claim, we have confirmed clears.

Thoughts? Flaws?

@Mod: Quick question, it says doctor protects person from a "single" night kill. Does this mean that if two people shoot the same person, and they are docced, the kill will still go through?

And in regards to my thoughts on the game so far, I don't think anything really significant has happened to look upon. RVS always seems useless to me.

Oh, and hi Maru. :D

And experience wise, I played a ton of games at EpicMafia prior to Mafiascum. Here I've completed 4 games, 3 of which I screwed up in terribly. I've played once in real life, but when people don't care or want to think about the game, it really sucks.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:41 am

Post by BBmolla »

Maruchan wrote:who gives a fuck about balance. I'm a fan of those /v/ EM 25-player Sandbox games any day.

Forum version would be a RIOT

Oh, and this was my exact thought when I saw that game.

But it'd need a paranoid gun owner so there's at least five deaths per night. And I don't even know what kidnapper and announcer are.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:43 am

Post by ToastyToast »

BBmolla wrote:@Mod: Quick question, it says doctor protects person from a "single" night kill. Does this mean that if two people shoot the same person, and they are docced, the kill will still go through?

A doctor protect blocks a single kill. If more than one doctor protects the same target, the protected will be safe from that amount of kill attempts. (so, 2 protect= protection from 2 kills). The SK is immune to ALL kill attempts
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Announcer can send the mod a message to anonymously forward to a player of the announcer's choice.

Kidnapper is a truly godawful third-party role which the mod seemed to have thought up on the spot. It can kidnap someone each night, and they are barred from posting unless the kidnapper dies. The kidnapper has to kidnap a certain role (in this case, "Goomba" - it was a Nintendo-themed game), of which there is only one out of about 36 players, and the kidnapper is given no clue as to who has it.

Also, there was a role called "Magician". I replaced it with "Bus Driver" for that list, because it seemed the most likely substitute given the night results. But then, in a game like that...

I was the Gravedigger, who can transform into any dead role. The SK got lynched D1, and I transformed into it N1 for the lulz. Then I shot the bomb the next night. Oops.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Maruchan »

ToastyToast wrote:
As the day went on, many had yet to say even a word. The situation had brought some closer together--two of them even fell in love--but most were too in shock to speak up.
[/color]

im loving this flavor
Show
Join Now!

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:58 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Maruchan wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:
[/color]

im loving this flavor

O yeah, toasty is awesome.

<3 glad to be a part of the lovefest
Last edited by ToastyToast on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I liek the vig claim idea.

if more than 2 vigs claim, they allshoot each other in a VIG CHAIN. Whichever doesn't die is either the SK, or the one who intended to shoot him is mafia.

We threaten that any vigs who don't shoto each other are insta-lynched.

I liek it lets do it.

I vote for vig claim, 2 vigs-play game with doctor chains and vig shots. If more than two we play with vig kills each other and doctor chains.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Maruchan »

izakthegoomba wrote:Announcer can send the mod a message to anonymously forward to a player of the announcer's choice.

Kidnapper is a truly godawful third-party role which the mod seemed to have thought up on the spot. It can kidnap someone each night, and they are barred from posting unless the kidnapper dies. The kidnapper has to kidnap a certain role (in this case, "Goomba" - it was a Nintendo-themed game), of which there is only one out of about 36 players, and the kidnapper is given no clue as to who has it.

Also, there was a role called "Magician". I replaced it with "Bus Driver" for that list, because it seemed the most likely substitute given the night results. But then, in a game like that...

I was the Gravedigger, who can transform into any dead role. The SK got lynched D1, and I transformed into it N1 for the lulz. Then I shot the bomb the next night. Oops.

You seriously play just like I would.

OMG AMNESIAC IS DA BOMB!!!!!!!!
Show
Join Now!

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Maybe we should hydra without telling anyone, then. See if they notice.

More seriously, yeah, let's go for the vig claim.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by glowball »

Um...No for the claiming. thanks for trying though
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Shall we have a vote then?

Yes to Vig Claims:

izak
Maru
BBmolla

No to Vig Claims:

Glow

@Glow: Reasonings? It's fine, I would just like to know why exactly. I still feel like it's exploitable in some way, I'm just waiting for someone to point it out.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by glowball »

I generally have a bad feeling about claiming- I just don't like it and I think that there are several ways for it to go wrong and cripple town a whole lot more than scum. You are putting us at an even bigger disadvantage by giving scum the only information that they don't have which are the exact placement of PRs. Also, you can vote all you want if someone isn't on board they can lie and mess up the whole thing...don't test me, I've been known to lie during these pushy claim situations. OH AND GUESS WHAT? Town won in that game perfectly after we spent pages discussing claiming for it all to fly out the window.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

glowball wrote:I generally have a bad feeling about claiming-
I just don't like it and I think that there are several ways for it to go wrong and cripple town a whole lot more than scum
. You are putting us at an even bigger disadvantage by giving scum the only information that they don't have which are the exact placement of PRs. Also, you can vote all you want if someone isn't on board they can lie and mess up the whole thing...don't test me, I've been known to lie during these pushy claim situations. OH AND GUESS WHAT? Town won in that game perfectly after we spent pages discussing claiming for it all to fly out the window.

You need to do better than that.
How
can it go wrong? Think about how exactly it can go wrong.

Also, the town doesn't know who PRs are either, and considering we have six docs, I'm not that worried about outing PRs. Also, if our PRs
do
die, we have Doc train that'll force mafia to NK, and we'll also at least get 1 maf/sk if our PRs die.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

It's a risk. It might pay off. It might not.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by glowball »

Actually I don't have to do better than that. Every plan has faults HELL you couldn't even adequately explain what would happen with all of the claims, so you cannot hold me to a standard of disproving them until you have sufficiently proven them. Like I said, if you don't have everyone on board especially the PRs you want outed then your plan doesn't work at all.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by BBmolla »

glowball wrote:Actually I don't have to do better than that. Every plan has faults HELL you couldn't even adequately explain what would happen with all of the claims, so you cannot hold me to a standard of disproving them until you have sufficiently proven them. Like I said, if you don't have everyone on board especially the PRs you want outed then your plan doesn't work at all.

K, enjoy your scum PM. If you're not going to try I won't either.

VOTE: glowball

Also, thinking about it,

Serial Killer would put a HUGE risk on himself by claiming vig. It's almost a for sure lynch at some point, so IMO he wouldn't claim.

Mafia don't have day talk, so they'd have the same reaction glowball is having, because they wouldn't know how to handle it.

I think the two vigs claiming is the most likely occurance. Maybe two vigs with one mafia claiming. If that's the case we get one mafia and proceed to doc train.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by glowball »

ah now we are talking. I don't like your plan, and I don't sheep you so I must be scumz. Glad to know how quickly you threw your plan out of the window
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Glowball's reaction is exactly what I would expect from scum faced with this. We need everyone on board for it to work.

Glowball, if you are not with us, you are against us. We will lynch you, catch a scum, then proceed with the vig claims - only with better odds of success than before.

UNVOTE: Thomith
VOTE: Glowball
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by glowball »

izak we were scumz together-- sheeping really? are you scumz? I'd like to see town izak
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by BBmolla »

glowball wrote:ah now we are talking. I don't like your plan, and I don't sheep you so I must be scumz. Glad to know how quickly you threw your plan out of the window

Expected this response.

Nope, that's not the reason I'm voting you. I'm voting you cause of you're reaction to the plan.

A town member would say "I don't like your plan. What if..." and proceeds to give examples of why the plan would fail.

You, however, said,"I don't like your plan. It'll probably fail." No reasons. You just don't like it. Why? Cause you're scum and it'll screw you over.

izakthegoomba wrote:Glowball's reaction is exactly what I would expect from scum faced with this. We need everyone on board for it to work.

Glad I'm not the only one who saw this.

Return to “Completed Open Games”