Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Banshee »

I believe KillerJester's claim. I thought he was town before though, so this should surprise no one.

I think Magna is conveniently forgetting what he claimed earlier was a "cardinal scumtell." I already explained why my vote is where it is. I already explained what I thought was a good plan, and of course everyone is free to follow it or not as they wish, just as with Magna's plan or Rainbow's plan. I point out that Magna never answered my correction FROM THE RULESET about Mafia doctors so it's not like he's infallible. I also haven't really heard of a vengeful scum but to be fair this is my first game in a while so I don't pretend to know what's currently in vogue.

Logically, however:

If CB is scum, then scum already know his role and his power. If CB's scum role lets him kill one person on the wagon without specifications (something I've only seen in a town role, but whatever) then scumMoI and scumRainbowdash would have no issues being on the wagon for CB because he simply wouldn't hit them. If CB's scum role is true vengeful and he only kills the hammer, then MoI and Rainbowdash would already be on the wagon if they were scum and simply wouldn't be the hammer. So MoI and Rainbowdash CANNOT logically be scum with CB. Neither one can be. Their behaviour makes no sense for scum if CB is scum.

If CB is town, then both town and scum might avoid being on his wagon since neither one would know if he was vengeful or Supersaint. If CB is town then no real conclusions about alignment can be drawn about MoI or Rainbowdash until Shotty's flip and perhaps not even then if Shotty is scum. General play makes me believe that of the Shotty-confirmed VTs, MoI is town (horribly annoying town), Rainbowdash is more than likely town and ZeL1nK might be his scum buddy. I don't understand the point of the gambit otherwise, unless Shotty actually is town and giving true reads. Which seems really unlikely to me, because that claim is WAY overpowered, especially since now we have a gunsmith (proven and known) and a goon cop (I believe KJ) and supposedly a tracker (maybe not a town tracker, true).

@MOD:
Any idea how long Junpei expects to be V/LA?
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:52 am

Post by David Xanatos »

I suppose we have to answer this then..

Are we going to wait for Junpei to get back from V/LA, or will we go ahead with the CB lynch and get his results when he gets back?
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:07 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Banshee wrote:
@MOD:
Any idea how long Junpei expects to be V/LA?

21st-27th August
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:08 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Izak wrote:@MoI as I already said, I skimmed one section, when I was I a hurry and just wanted to get a quick post in. And how did I "give that up"? You are looking for non-existent reasons to deny me an opinion. You just pinged the Scumdar™. Speaking of which...

Castle Bravo - 9/10
drmyshottyizsik - 7/10
Meransiel - 7/10
Junpei - 7/10
silverbullet999 - 7/10

Izak I’ve been specifically baiting your for reactions. How can I realistically ‘deny you an opinion’? Are you expecting me to stalk you down and steal your keyboard?

On the other note I’m quoting the very top portion of his scum read list to demonstrate the inherent Cognitive Dissoance in his posting exchange for me.

He’s attacking me for stating that Shotty must be the hammerer of Castle. Whoever we are pushing as hammerer should be at the top of our scum-list. Which Shotty is for both of us.

Yet I’m scummy for pushing strongly my scum-read. Who also happens to be near the top of Izak’s list.

--

Banshee wrote:I point out that Magna never answered my correction FROM THE RULESET about Mafia doctors so it's not like he's infallible.

Really? Where in THE RULESET does it state what you quoted in ISO 65 / 2486? Hmmm. Please point me to where in Jason’s posts you stated that.

Oh, do you mean the Wiki which is a general information area? That isn’t a hard and fast ruleset as the RoleCop doesn’t / does get Alignment information discussion proved earlier?

Banshee wrote:I think Magna is conveniently forgetting what he claimed earlier was a "cardinal scumtell."

Oh no … Foreseen’s “Why aren’t I dead” is a Cardinal scum-tell. No doubt about that. He’s also pure Troll. Look through his posts site-wide if you want to dispute me on this.

Meanwhile you are doing a great job ignoring Castle / Shotty as scum suspects. If either one doesn’t flip scum of some sort after all is said and done I’ll be sure to remember this post where you distanced from either wagon.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:11 am

Post by David Xanatos »

27th..

Goddamnit..

VOTE: Castle Bravo

I don't think it's worth waiting 6 days for him.. :/
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:15 am

Post by killerjester »

David Xanatos wrote:KJ > You have three results still living, that's actually pretty good for us.

Exactly. My useful to the town drops when my results start dying, and disappears completely when I get NK'd without outting my investigations. Since the town was talking about izak or fourseen hammering what might be a super-saint, this felt like a good time to share what I know.

I think izak is town because I can't see a scum PR exactly jumping at the opportunity to grab a hammer.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:17 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Waaaaaiiiiit a second, I just noticed something. MoI is ALMOST DEFINITELY not scum. The reason?
andrew
. Scum wouldn't neiborize a partner, and all the evidence points towards a single scumteam. There is a chance of a non-killing anti-town faction, but it's slim enough for me to believe MoI is town. Plus, I guess I overreacted to the last few posts.

Also, since I believe killer's claim, I think it is quite reasonable to drop those two to town reads.

And finally, 5/10 is null.

The amended Scumdar™ reads:

Castle Bravo - 9/10

drmyshottyizsik - 7/10

Meransiel - 7/10

Junpei - 7/10

silverbullet999 - 7/10

PeregrineV - 6/10

David Xanatos - 6/10

vezokpiraka - 5/10

Banshee - 5/10

Nero Cain - 5/10

ThAdmiral - 5/10

ZeL1nK - 4/10

TheJakalope - 4/10

Rainbowdash - 4/10

Rodion - 3/10

MagnaofIllusion - 2/10

killerjester - 2/10

FourseenCircumstance - 2/10

Mysterio - 2/10
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Banshee »

I have already said that I would vote for Shotty but I doubt that my lonely little vote along with Meransiel's is going to make a great big wagon. I have already said that I can't get a read on Castle because he's angry and that's a nulltell. He's furious with you. Care to comment on why? Because I surely don't see it in a meta read, so it's something recent, it's something personal, or it's something fake. I don't know what's going on, so if you want to enlighten us, I'd be pleased to hear it.

And your comment about the Mafia doctor? Look at it again, with the "rolleyes" and tell me you're not being annoyingly condescending to me, along with most of the other players in the game. And you aren't even guaranteed to be right, the wiki contradicts you. So lay off the snotty attitude, please.

I'm fine with Shotty hammering, though I would prefer the chance to get more info from a night-doctor investigation IN CASE he's town. But I don't think it's very likely he's town, so I'm not committed to my plan, hence the request for criticism and comment on it.

My vote for Castle Bravo will not make him talk sense. It will not do anything but make him a little more dead. However, my vote on FourseenCircumstance ALREADY had more effect on him than your back and forth sniping with CB has had on HIM. You're not voting for Shotty, you're not voting for CB, you're not doing anything but sniping at everyone else, yelling at anything anyone else except Rainbow does and trying to be the boss because you're the closest thing we have to confirmed town.

So COOL IT. Others are playing too and no one elected you king.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:30 am

Post by killerjester »

UNVOTE:

The deadline is September 10th. Junpei is V/LA until only August 27th.

We are
not
ending the day without his tracker result.

David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:32 am

Post by David Xanatos »

So what're we going to do, stare at each other for the next 6 days?
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:33 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Banshee wrote:I have already said that I can't get a read on Castle because he's angry and that's a nulltell. He's furious with you. Care to comment on why?

No he’s not furious. He’s attempting to bait for fun since he knows he’s toast. That’s why I’m pretty much ignoring his feeble attempts to move the discussion to a pure flaming and name-calling level … he’s hoping against hope he can nurse a modkill for insults.

Banshee wrote:And your comment about the Mafia doctor? Look at it again, with the "rolleyes" and tell me you're not being annoyingly condescending to me, along with most of the other players in the game. And you aren't even guaranteed to be right, the wiki contradicts you. So lay off the snotty attitude, please.

I notice you’ve completely side-stepped the issue whereby you called the Wiki the THE RULESET in some attempt to bolster your position.

The Wiki isn’t guaranteed to be right either. I’ve personally never seen any Mafia other than a Godfather be exempt from Gunsmith examination. I’m working on my personal experience. You on the other hand are just parroting the Wiki.

Question
– don’t want to address my point that speculation about Rodion’s confirmed status at this juncture is anti-Town / scummy? I see you also dodged that aspect of the discussion completely.

Banshee wrote:However, my vote on FourseenCircumstance ALREADY had more effect on him than your back and forth sniping with CB has had on HIM.

Oh really? Praytell how do you make this claim? Fourseen’s posting hasn’t changed in any noticeable way.

Banshee wrote:…. you're not voting for CB ….

I’ve pulled out the part that I think needs correcting here -

The Mod’s Last Votecount wrote:Castle 8 - Mysterio,
MOI
, Fourseen, Vezo,THAdmiral, ,Nero,Jester,TheJakalope (L-3)

I’ve bolded the portion where it’s pretty clear I am voting Castle. Thanks for not paying attention.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:43 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I propose an experiment. Just for fun. None of us post ANYTHING for six days, and we see if Jason prods or modkills anyone.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Banshee »

Okay. I've said that I don't think Rodion is confirmed town. I make this distinction because of games in which I believed someone was confirmed town based on a certain set of assumptions and then got burned by it. Perhaps this has not happened to you personally. It has happened to me, so I get edgy when people say someone is confirmed town when they are NEARLY confirmed town. There's a difference. No gun does not make you town; it does what Chkballin said (if I'd not been too stupid to pick up on it) -- it makes you no threat. I don't want to become lazy and start considering people conftown when they're not actually confirmed. If you want to take that as a scumtell, more power to you.

I made a mistake in referring to the Wiki as the Ruleset because I thought they were the same thing. I've heard the terms used interchangeably before when discussing setups, and so I thought that the wiki was authoritative. That said, it still says that Mafia doctors have no guns and I haven't seen counterevidence in a ruleset that overrules it.

I voted FourseenCircumstance and he immediately made a post in which he did not ask to be killed, ask why he wasn't dead yet, or confine himself to one or two lines. To me, that looks like progress. Of course, he then voted "Radion" but at least he did SOMETHING that could be evaluated. Trolls sometimes get scum roles too, and letting them troll with impunity isn't helping anyone imo. Yeah, I think I made progress there.

Yes, I missed your vote. Surprise, I'm not perfect, but then I'm not acting like I am, either, or sneering down my nose any time anyone disagrees with me or does something I think is suboptimal play.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:39 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

izakthegoomba wrote:I propose an experiment. Just for fun. None of us post ANYTHING for six days, and we see if Jason prods or modkills anyone.

That's why you need to die.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:59 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Game is locked due to an issue. Will be resolved shortly
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:30 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Rodion has been modkilled for talking about the game and on going events in this game outside this game thread.
Rodion was Dr Sheldon Cooper, Vanilla Town turned Netural Survivor. Modkilled Day 4.

It is now Night 4. You have 72 hours to get me any and all night action
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:34 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day break and you return to city hall, but someone is missing. After a brief search you find KillerJester lying face first in the ditch beside him a jar honey barbecue sauce, killed during the night

KillerJester was Michael Guerin Town Goon Cop killed night 4

but there is more, not too far down the street, and on the corner of city hall you find the body of Junpei stranged in the exact same manner as CHKBallin was with the obscure religious symbol lying not too far from the body.

Junpei was Ben Sisko, Town Tracker Strangled to death by an obscure religous symbol, night 4

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch with a deadline of September 15th at 3.30PM EST.

Just for all to know, and in the interest of full disclosure the decision to modkill was something I had to do. Rodion created a Mafia Discussion topic that directly related to this game and therefor there was no option but to modkill.. I am sorry to all especially those who are annoyed at me for doing so. But please, leave all discussion on this matter until the end of the game where a full explanation will be forthcoming.
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:41 am

Post by killerjester »

Bah!

And @Mod you got the blue lines mixed up. The first paragraph describes Junpei and the picture is Junpei's

I'm the white guy :)

mod: HAHA Yea, sorry. fixed
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:42 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

All I can say is this:

Fuck you, Rodion.

Anyways, I imagine this changes nothing strategy-wise?

David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:43 am

Post by David Xanatos »

I can't believe Rodion was so goddamn stupid as to break pretty much the cardinal rule of the game.. he was our only fecking CT and he blew himself up. -_- Anyone else planning to do something stupid? Claim Godfather perhaps? Declare themselves a perma-Roleblocked SK?

Izak? Care to declare your love of strange religion to us all?
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:49 am

Post by David Xanatos »

I just realised, and giggled.. anyone else find it appropriate that Sheldon was the one violating social principles and caused himself to be involved in a really Big Bang?
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

izakthegoomba wrote:All I can say is this:

Fuck you, Rodion.

Anyways, I imagine this changes nothing strategy-wise?

Changes plenty. DMSIS goes first here I think. CB is self-destructing to get heat off somepony, probably DMSIS since oversoul flipped goon. If there really is cult I am thinking DMSIS leader and CB is a recruit. They both need lynching though.

DX needs to claim if he has a guilty.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Banshee »

I am on board for a Shotty lynch also.

Rainbowdash wrote:DX needs to claim if he has a guilty.

I don't understand this comment.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

If we lose this game with two scum claimed I'm going to rage hard.

unvote
vote Castle
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:11 am

Post by TheJakalope »

VOTE: CastleBravo

This day is obvious.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”