Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Umbrage »

jasonT1981 wrote:Alright, mistakes happen and I am not going to cry about it, it was a good game. HOWEVER..Umbridge, to say Rhino had all day to govern is wrong, it can only be used after a lynch. As backup mod, you really should know the roles that are in the game and how they work.

With that said, good game everyone. I totally sucked and I am sorry. I tunneled Nintendo but I had good reason I felt, I shot him and was wrong.

OK, govern, as I thought we agreed on it, was the ability to give a player total lynch immunity for a day. I thought this was the standard. Clearly, there are many ways to use the role, and it's something I should've been aware of. :oops:

I can't let the game end like this though, stand by for a final flavour scene!!! (FYI, I'm not retconning the bit with Ashley's lynch because I really like it.)
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:20 am

Post by Rhinox »

nero wrote:thought Rinox was town too but I did vote for him later b/c his play was so horrible

What was so horrible again?
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:47 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

@Nero Cain:

The alignments were completely randomized. It wasn't designed that way.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Sovereign
Sovereign
Townie
Sovereign
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Sovereign »

Benezia never heard the shot. The shot went right through her neck, her body flying. Ashley collapsed to the floor.

The others stood stunned for a split second. Then Tali suddenly leapt into action. She threw Udina to the ground, and dived for Anderson's gun. The two struggled, Anderson was stronger, but his wounds were catching up to him, he coughed more blood. Tali hit him in the gut, and he went limp.

Just as she aimed the gun at Anderson's head, Udina tackled Tali, pinning her to the floor. Grabbing her hand, he aimed the gun at her head.

"Give up, slave." He hissed as he fought with her. "Sovereign will be stopped."

"He's far more powerful than you can imagine." Tali's voice grew deep, the words not her own.

"What do you hope to achieve by doing this? You'll die! Your people will die!"

"He spoke with me. Quarians will be spared. We fix things. The great machines need us."

"You don't believe that. He's controlling you! You're brainwashed!"

"I have achieved harmony with artificial intelligence. I am the pinnacle of existence."

There was a horrible groaning noise. The entire room shook. As metal screeched on metal, the massive Reaper glowed a sinister red. The windows of the room smashed open, and the entire tower tore away from the Citadel. They were floating in space, drifting towards the Reaper, as air leaked away. Gravity shifted, Tali shoved Udina off of her, shooting him in the face. Tali jumped, using her momentum to reach the other side of the room, and began pulling herself along the railing towards the controls for the entire Citadel.

"TALI!"

She turned. Anderson was on the other side, still hanging on. She had dropped her gun to crawl along the rail, she couldn't let go without spiralling off into space.

"Don't do it Tali!" Anderson's voice was weak, overshadowed by the howling wind, but she could still hear the words. "The Reapers... they will kill you all, like the geth did so many years ago. You won't let that happen, Tali."

"My people need the Reapers! The geth worship them as gods! This is the only way to make peace, save my homeworld!" Tali screamed.

"You know that's not true." Anderson's body sagged. His grip on the rail grew slack. "They'll kill you all. They'll kill you all."

Outside, a gunship delivered a huge blast to Sovereign. It's body crackled with energy, and for a second, there was a lapse in it's consciousness. The tower spun wildly in space, tearing Anderson away. Tali clung on for her life. Sovereign's voice, a presence in her mind that had been there for as long as she could remember, was briefly silent. In a split second, Tali was herself, and she understood Anderson's words.

"The geth... slaughtered us..." She murmured.

She felt great pain as she did so, as if her nerves were on fire. Her hands clenched even harder on the rail, but something inside her had snapped, some basic truth revealed.

"Kill us all. That's what they'll do. Kill us all." The words poured out frantically, and the pain increased, but she focused on the words. The words would save her. "Just like the geth! Just like the geth! The reapers will kill us all! THE REAPERS WILL KILL US ALL!"

She had known synthetics were the enemy her entire life, and years of caution taught to her came flooding back. The pain was unbearable, and her fingers squeezed the rail, but those were obstacles she could overcome. She thought of her family. The fleet. Generations of wandering without a home. Geth trying to kill her. Running for her life. Seeing her friends die. The memories formed a blanket around her, shielding her from the pain as she let go of the rail.

The presence left her mind. She was spinning, crashing into walls, completely helpless. Her final feeling was one of immense relief, then her skull cracked and there was nothing.

In the council chambers, the very heart of the Citadel, the corpse of Saren lies in the dust. Shepard stands over him, panting heavily. Outside, Sovereign explodes, and the Normandy is at the head of the fleet.

Shepard slowly turns to look at his squad.

"So, I guess we won?"
WE ARE LEGION. THE TIME OF OUR RETURN IS COMING. OUR NUMBERS WILL DARKEN THE SKY OF EVERY WORLD.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Hiraki »

TALI
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Rhinox wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:
Rhinox wrote:Disappointing end, but I think PV (and his team) could probably count this as a win. Had jason actually been governed, reck or toog would have been lynched, and then the likely scenario is either jason or the other of reck and toog getting lynched tomorrow, with jason using his vengeful on the reck/toog survivor if lynched in lylo.

I don't see how PV is scum. 2 scum teams of 2 + hiraki SK? Were they 2 indoctrinated groups? Because if not the flavor after hiraki's death might be kinda bastardly.

I enjoyed the game, twas fun, great flavor, great setup, would play again (mass effect 2 mafia pre-/in yes?)

I was definitely hoping that was how it would go down. You were my next target because I couldn't chance the governor coming out near the end. But since you were using it on Jason, I would have to rethink some things.

pedit- that was Hiraki.

Well here's the issue - had you left me alive, governor shot left or no, that would have been a mistake because scum aren't going to leave 2 "confirmed" town alive in lylo. Its suicide. You can't even wifom it, because you can't argue a "confirmed" town is scum. So I would have at least realized you weren't confirmed at that point.

Yeah, I was pretty sure I was killing you next, as you were the only one confirmed to me. I cried inside when you implied you would govern Toog, since I really wanted him out of the way. But then you said you wouldn't, so I was Ok with that, but didn't want to hammer him. Figured be safer with Jason gone and me, Reck, toog battling it out, figuring they would quickvote each other real fast and I would hammer for the win. Because I also felt if I waited too long with those two they would say "screw it" and lynch me anyway. :lol:
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Hiraki wrote:TALI

CHESSQUARIAN
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Toogeloo »

If it came down to Reck, PV, and I in the final 3, I hesitate to think PV would have instantly won. I was starting to put it together, and Reck was starting to get the suspicion as well. We very well could have taken a leap of faith on a hunch.

Still, I voted draw because at any point a mod error causes the game to play out in an unintended manner, the game is automatically tainted.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:47 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Toogeloo wrote:If it came down to Reck, PV, and I in the final 3, I hesitate to think PV would have instantly won. I was starting to put it together, and Reck was starting to get the suspicion as well. We very well could have taken a leap of faith on a hunch.

Still, I voted draw because at any point a mod error causes the game to play out in an unintended manner, the game is automatically tainted.

Yes, I worried about this. My plan was to be on when day broke, and if one of you voted the other in a pique from the day before, I was going to hammer faster than any rational unvote. :lol:
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:43 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

I intend to run a sequel for this, but it won't happen until after

a.) I finish making the setup, role pms, etc for an as-yet unannounced mini theme (I'm in the queue, just too early for advertising)
b.) I move -- I am relocating to Tampa sometime in the next month or two and I don't want to be planning more than one game right now, at least not till after that's done.

Assuming Umbrage still wants to be involved, I
will
be talking with him a little about some ideas of what to change from the first game, etc, but I'm staying far away from any heavy planning until after both of those things are done with.

If you'd like to pre-in for Mass Effect 2 mafia, please PM me (including if you pre-inned for it previous to now, as I didn't actually write any of them down <_<; ) Obviously I haven't planned enough to know whether it will be another smalltown game, what size it will be, etc - the only thing I will guarantee is that it won't be a bastard game and there will be no jesters, cults, etc.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”