Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

You finished your read yet Juls?

And I still want to lynch TJ or NtW.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Juls »

No progress tonight. My daughter had dance class tonight, homework, supper, etc. Wednesday's are going to be bad for me. Tomorrow I hope to knock out the rest.
-------------------------------------
Juls
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by diddin »

petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
diddin, why are you forcing yourself to choose between voting three people you claim to have a townread on in Post 1665?

Let's just say that, knowing my role, it's not likely that all the neighbors are town. I'm 90% sure there's at least one scum amongst them.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by bobsnox »

shooting buzz lightyear because it would have been "brilliant" of the mod to make buzz lightyear scum in Toy Story Mafia when Buzz was only brainwashed into being bad in one part of the last movie out of three movies, and considering buzz is always considered a good toy as opposed to the myriad of scum-candidates in said movies, is a bad idea. I'm amazed no one else is on this harder. You don't shoot a softclaimed town PR because the mod might have taken one small part of the overall story and used it as a basis to make that character bad when that character is a main, good character. You look for better suspects. You don't shoot him because his posts don't meet your expected word count. You realize that making buzz lightyear scum would be dumb, you look at the guy's meta if you're really that suspicious, and you move on.

ntw needs to be lynched today.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

bobsnox wrote:You realize that making buzz lightyear scum would be dumb, you look at the guy's meta if you're really that suspicious, and you move on.

Apart from the massive ammount of WIFOM involved in this statement, we did look at your meta and it looks little more like scum than town PR play.

I don't support him vigging you over most ponies, but I really am not going to argue against it because "Buzz has to be town". I would vig you over a good half dozen ponies in an instant though, and most likely over a few more.

I just can't get over what has become a gut town read on NtW through his recent in thread actions that would be exceedingly dangerous for scum to be taking if the bluff got called. Im not going to vote him.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by bobsnox »

yeah let's outguess the mod because clearly I'm a great target to vig regardless of the fact that I'm a main GOOD GUY in the Toy Story series. And are you seriously suggesting that you would still try to shoot me after 1 - Nanook tried and failed and 2 - I claimed bulletproof?

what is this I don't even

I'm like 100% conftown unless you are seriously suggesting Buzz Lightyear is bulletproof scum in Toy Story Mafia.

smh
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

bobsnox, Post 1730 wrote:I'm like 100% conftown unless you are seriously suggesting Buzz Lightyear is bulletproof scum in Toy Story Mafia.

You just stepped over the line here.

At this point, I think we can assume scum have safe-claims. So claiming you are Buzz Lightyear does not
make
you Buzz Lightyear.

What's more, what I find far more important than the fact that you've claimed Buzz Lightyear is the fact that you pretty much claimed to be a Vigilante on Days One and Two, but once we had a 3-man Vigilante group claim on Day Three, you suddenly retracted your claim. And now you're claiming to be "bulletproof" (i.e., "don't shoot me because it's useless") instead.

So. Besides NanooktheWolf, who do you think is scum? Why did you lie about being a Vigilante, even going so far as to ask for a list of people you should "laser" at the end of Day Two?

Because, as it happens, if
I
were a Vigilante, I would almost
certainly
have tried to kill you solely because you suggested that
you
were the Vigilante. This is especially so if I were in a 3-person Vigilante group. Why would the Town seriously need
another
Vigilante? And why would the Town need another Vigilante after FlavourAnalysis has claimed Vig => JOAT with a Vig shot? Far more likely, in my mind, would be that you are a Serial Killer trying to pose as a Vig.

So please explain to me, again, why NanooktheWolf is suspect for wanting to kill the person who was effectively claiming his role. The chances of you being a Vigilante while he was part of a 3-Man Vigilante group were ridiculously slim. And as it turns out, you apparently
were
lying about being a Vig.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Juls »

Finished page 35 (over the half way mark for those of you who are mathematically challenged). Tell me, does Day 1 ever end? /sigh
I am home sick today. I will try to catch up periodically throughout the day but I can only manage about 10 pages a sitting because it all starts to run together. Hopefully will get something up by tonight but no promises.
Juls
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:39 am

Post by farside22 »

bobsnox wrote:shooting buzz lightyear because it would have been "brilliant" of the mod to make buzz lightyear scum in Toy Story Mafia when Buzz was only brainwashed into being bad in one part of the last movie out of three movies, and considering buzz is always considered a good toy as opposed to the myriad of scum-candidates in said movies, is a bad idea. I'm amazed no one else is on this harder. You don't shoot a softclaimed town PR because the mod might have taken one small part of the overall story and used it as a basis to make that character bad when that character is a main, good character. You look for better suspects. You don't shoot him because his posts don't meet your expected word count. You realize that making buzz lightyear scum would be dumb, you look at the guy's meta if you're really that suspicious, and you move on.

ntw needs to be lynched today.

You want to WIFOM your character based on the movie, tell me how an alien is scum then based on the movie.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:33 am

Post by bobsnox »

petroleumjelly wrote:
bobsnox, Post 1730 wrote:I'm like 100% conftown unless you are seriously suggesting Buzz Lightyear is bulletproof scum in Toy Story Mafia.

You just stepped over the line here.

At this point, I think we can assume scum have safe-claims. So claiming you are Buzz Lightyear does not
make
you Buzz Lightyear.

What's more, what I find far more important than the fact that you've claimed Buzz Lightyear is the fact that you pretty much claimed to be a Vigilante on Days One and Two, but once we had a 3-man Vigilante group claim on Day Three, you suddenly retracted your claim. And now you're claiming to be "bulletproof" (i.e., "don't shoot me because it's useless") instead.

So. Besides NanooktheWolf, who do you think is scum? Why did you lie about being a Vigilante, even going so far as to ask for a list of people you should "laser" at the end of Day Two?

Because, as it happens, if
I
were a Vigilante, I would almost
certainly
have tried to kill you solely because you suggested that
you
were the Vigilante. This is especially so if I were in a 3-person Vigilante group. Why would the Town seriously need
another
Vigilante? And why would the Town need another Vigilante after FlavourAnalysis has claimed Vig => JOAT with a Vig shot? Far more likely, in my mind, would be that you are a Serial Killer trying to pose as a Vig.

So please explain to me, again, why NanooktheWolf is suspect for wanting to kill the person who was effectively claiming his role. The chances of you being a Vigilante while he was part of a 3-Man Vigilante group were ridiculously slim. And as it turns out, you apparently
were
lying about being a Vig.
I was obv trying to draw a scum NK.

Explain to me what the scum motivation behind my doing so was please. What moron scum would claim softclaim vig REPEATEDLY and OPENLY like I did?

You guys are barking up the wrong tree. Jumping in the same boat as Nanook is a bad idea.

Farside - is he a confirmed alien?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:33 am

Post by farside22 »

@Bobz: The mod put in the QT whom was alien 1, alien 2 and alien 3. So I would call that mod confirmed character.

I'm pondering some things in my head right now. Mostly WIFOM.......
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:39 am

Post by jmurph3 »

I have a question for anyone who can answer it: as this is my first theme game, and the first time I've played with a potential of safe-claims, if scum do have safeclaims, would then third-party roles (i.e. SK) also have safeclaims? I'm just not sure how this whole thing generally works.

Also, I see no reason to lynch Juls today if the ability doesn't expire today.

@Rainbow: in your defense of why you think NtW is town, you keep talking about gambits and such that would be foolish for scum to do. Can you point out what/where these are?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:47 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

The point about Juls as mafia doing what she well pleases with her prize is a good one.

unvote; Juls
- vigbait is fine.

Will actually be around tonight.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

jmurph3 wrote:@Rainbow: in your defense of why you think NtW is town, you keep talking about gambits and such that would be foolish for scum to do. Can you point out what/where these are?

NtW scum in activating claw while letting himself get lynched gives two townies (again, no more than one of us can be scum) a vig that scum would not know who is going to perform the kill, and one of them, me, being very twitchy and constantly changing her thoughts.

I am not sure scum would actually go through with an action that confirms two town and gives them a vig shot. So from that I dont think that NtW is scum, and will not be voting him today.

For Juls I would like to leave her for a mid-late game lynch if that even. After a little QT debate I remembered that I had Silver as prob-town early on in the game due to the reaction of me faking the death of kendall.
You don't earn
loyalty
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:39 am

Post by diddin »

Inhim is slipping in my reads, I think he's trying to coast on the townread everyone had on kendall.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

diddin wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
diddin, why are you forcing yourself to choose between voting three people you claim to have a townread on in Post 1665?

Let's just say that, knowing my role, it's not likely that all the neighbors are town. I'm 90% sure there's at least one scum amongst them.

Right now, I'm getting town vibes from all three. What would be your scumminess likliness order and why for the three neighbors?
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Flavour Analysis »

Hey guys. I'll try to catch up tonite. : D
Oyatsu Nuki
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by farside22 »

diddin wrote:Inhim is slipping in my reads, I think he's trying to coast on the townread everyone had on kendall.

I agree but recent events tell me this is his normal play no matter his alignment these days
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Rainbowdash wrote:
jmurph3 wrote:@Rainbow: in your defense of why you think NtW is town, you keep talking about gambits and such that would be foolish for scum to do. Can you point out what/where these are?

NtW scum in activating claw while letting himself get lynched gives two townies (again, no more than one of us can be scum) a vig that scum would not know who is going to perform the kill, and one of them, me, being very twitchy and constantly changing her thoughts.

I am not sure scum would actually go through with an action that confirms two town and gives them a vig shot. So from that I dont think that NtW is scum, and will not be voting him today.

Here's the problem that I have: yes, NtW has stated that he will carry through with activating the claw and letting himself get lynched, but unless we were actually lynching him, we'd have no way of knowing that he actually would do so. So his statement that he'd be willing to do so is null at best. That, coupled with diddin's conviction that one of the neighborhood is scum, is making me particularly leery. After all, I would imagine that any of you three, if scum, would make the exact same promise to activate the claw and proceed to not do so. So if that's your only reasoning for thinking that NtW is town...I'm not sure I'm buying it.

Moral of the story: I'm more than comfortable with a NtW lynch, and I'm also fine with a TJ lynch. TJ is reading very much as scrambling scum to me, especially since I ISOed him and was particularly interested in the fact that half of his posts were from D3, once suspicion started heavily falling on him.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If Juls keeps it AND we get some serious puddin' I'm down for letting that slide.

Bobs's BUZZ IS TOWN YO is so ridiculous I'm almost convinced we've went around the horn to town.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by Juls »

50 pages done...Definitely will be a post tomorrow night and it will be massive. I know this is a little delayed but think of it reasonably please, I replaced into a game with 70 pages!!!! And I am sorry, I am not one to just read the past day. i have to get a feel for the entire game.
Juls
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

Okay back. Catching up right now.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Can I get some other ponies to wiegh in on jmurph?

With the exception of this post

jmurph3 wrote:UNVOTE: ,VOTE: Umbrage.

For the record Umbrage is not even close to the top of my scumreads, but at this point I just want this day to end
so damn badly
. I would also consider a lynch on Fourseen, since his whole random "What do people think of me" post seems incredibly bizarre, ill-timed, and scummy as all get out.

she has to be the scummiest pony out there, especially given the stances between Umbrage and DJ. Just that post though makes me think town heavily, and is the only reason I did not vig her N1, and N2. I really haven't gotten the feedback I want from neighbors yet on this, or at least to the extent I want, so want to hear what others have to say at this point.

I just have this wierd gut feeling that TJ is town due to the early posts from mb, whos town reads seem to all have been on town, and was on Umbrage early on. Not too strong of a read, but when I was looking through to pull stuff out to just power this day home, I got a twinge there.

unvote
Vote Mike

Yes I am going back there.
You don't earn
loyalty
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

Okay wow the neighbor claim is interesting. I don't see any reason not to believe it but I would like, at some point, for one of the neighbors to die and flip. Preferably off an undirected vig shot. I'm still solid on my vote and I don't see any reason to change it. Of course I'm open to any questions though.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:02 am

Post by farside22 »

she has to be the scummiest pony out there, especially given the stances between Umbrage and DJ. Just that post though makes me think town heavily, and is the only reason I did not vig her N1, and N2. I really haven't gotten the feedback I want from neighbors yet on this, or at least to the extent I want, so want to hear what others have to say at this point.

Until Jmurph does something that says hi I'm town, then I look at anyone that hops on the Umbrage wagon with weak reason as possible scum bussing.
Murph isn't saying a whole lot of anything that makes me think town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”