mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:02 am

Post by mikehart »

@whoever asked me about jmurph:
leaning scummy. She seemed like she was hedging her bets a little too much for my liking on day 1 pretty much doing all but protesting the Umbrage lynch. Seemed to me in hindsight that she pushed the VI read a little too hard to divert suspicion from umbrage and onto donjosh.

Rainbow's claim seems legit to me but as others have said I expect at least 1 scum in there. Not sure who it is yet but expect at least 1 and maybe two if we do have a dual scum group.

Flavor's claimm just obliterated my semi-scummy read on her. I never really believed woody would be a one shot vig and that's it. The joat claim makes a lot of sense and fits the character much better.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:32 am

Post by farside22 »

@mike; Who do you have a scum read and why? Also if you could pay attention to the game here as much as you post in MishMash that would give me some better read then lurky and I could care less attitude I get reading your post here.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:46 am

Post by mikehart »

First of all there is a big difference between the forums. At most I post a couple of dice tags or three or four lines of text and that's it. That's a lot easier to do than reading and posting big walls in this game. So ill post where, how, and when I want. I'm not a prolific poster in mafia games and never have been so deal with it.

Spy: just too pushy and trying to be a leader has always rubbed me the wrong way. Anytime I see a player trying to dictate town policy or decisions I instinctively distrust them. This distrust is magnified when I see them get traction and people start following them.

Rainbow: this is to a much lesser extant since her claim but for much the same reasons as spy.
My third was flavour but since their claim(as mentioned above) that's pretty much gone.

Ill be rereading throughout the day and see what else I can glean.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:53 am

Post by bobsnox »

We need to figure out why nanook thought killing buzz lightyear was a good idea
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:28 am

Post by SpyreX »

The claim game is fun!

Or not. But, lets recap.

Rainbow: Alien (Neighbor-Vig) with NtW and ??? - Shot Bogre N1, NtW N2
NtW: Alien (Neighbor-Vig) with Rainbow and ??? - Shot Bogre N1, Bob N2
???: Alien (Neighbor-Vig) with NtW and Rainbow - Shot Bogre N1, NtW N2
Flavour Analysis: Woody (Joat) - Shot Soda N1, Jailed Rainbow N2
bobs: Buzz Lightyear (???) - ???

---------

I'm not screaming for Alien blood under the THERE MUST BE SCUM there clause but the chances are high. Especially for ~mysterious reasons~ that depending on how the rest of today goes I may elucidate on more.

I'm paranoid all over about FA with a jailer flipped and a vig claimed. I've liked the slot but I'm starting to have balance twitches.

However, both FA and Rainbow read aside make this whole business feel really town except for the scenario PJ brought up: that NtW AND Rainbow are scum together. That will come out in the wash though.

bobs I AM BUZZ LIGHTYEAR being the extent of everything makes that a for-death business barring a few pieces coming together just right.

This "use the cop on one of the aliens" is a very, very poor idea especially considering the gamestate as a whole.

--------------

However, lets assume the above is true. We're looking at a single scumgroup (my guess would be 5-6 scum (4-5 remaining)) or a retardedly juiced game. We've had both kills "accounted" for N1 and a single kill N2 with the vig presumably blocked.

So, if glowball was the scum shot - where the hell was the kill N1? I may need to go back and see if Bogre left a hint to where his jail went.

On a different note:

Blonde Doctor has used up all the goodwill I had for Beck. Especially because there is such a fat stack of lurking going on.

I'll have more for this when I have a bit more time but I think I want to know the third member of Alien club. I also want a mass purge of lurkers.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Vote Count 3-3

bobsnox
(1)- petroleumjelly,
Blonde Doctor
(0)-
chkflip
(0)-
DeathNote
(0)-
diddin
(0)-
farside22
(0)-
Flavour Analysis
(0)-
inHimshallibe
(0)-
jmurph3
(2)- diddin, Rainbowdash,
mikehart
(0)-
NanookTheWolf
(2)- SpyreX, TheJakalope,
Oversoul
(1)- chkflip,
PeregrineV
(0)-
petroleumjelly
(0)-
Rainbowdash
(0)-
Ray Montano
(0)-
Silver1337
(0)-
SpyreX
(0)-
TheJakalope
(3)- Flavour Analysis, farside22, Ray Montano,

Not Voting (10)- bobsnox, Blonde Doctor, DeathNote, inHimshallibe, mikehart, NanookTheWolf, Oversoul, PeregrineV, Silver1337, jmurph3,

With 19 alive, it's 10 to a lynch.

Deadline is September 10th at 3pm EST.

[/b]
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

petroleumjelly wrote:
1.)
If NanooktheWolf is
lynched
, does that
actually
prevent you from meeting your "day requirement"? If your requirement is what I think it is, then because NanooktheWolf will no longer be alive while going into Night Three, perhaps NanooktheWolf will not be considered in whether you met your requirement. I would at least check with the Mod on this point.

Probably. If NtW is town he can still let it go through however since it resolves day phase. If NtW dies it will be only me and the other neighbor who need to complete the requirement subsequent days and the kill chance is split between us.

2.)
What do you think of bobsnox?

I have had him near the tail of my vig discussion list most nights, but I really am not too sure on him. Me and the non-NtW neighbor keep talking ourselves away from him early in the discussion. He is probably not scum with NtW however due to him being the clear first choice for NtW this entire game in the QT.

@FA - If we do not lynch NtW today and we gain our ability, I am going back to a NtW vig shot so no targeting him.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:22 am

Post by bobsnox »

Spyrex read harder
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Juls replaces Silver1337
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:23 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I'm emotionally scarred over some unforeseen circumstances...

mikehart's town.

WHY IS CHKFLIP NOT DEAD YET?

vote: chkflip
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Juls »

Hi folks. Will catchup soon. Give me about 48 hours or so.
-------------------------------------
Juls
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:01 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote: Jakalope

Didn't like the posting yesterday, and today's been even worse.

@Nanook- You've been outed as a neighbor. Since you know that everyone feels one of you three is scum, I'd like to here your thoughts on who it is and why. And how you feel about being the target of your "neighbors" last night.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:01 am

Post by PeregrineV »

PeregrineV wrote:Vote: Jakalope

@Nanook- You've been outed as a neighbor. Since you know that everyone feels one of you three is scum, I'd like to here your thoughts on who it is and why. And how you feel about being the target of your "neighbors" last night.

EBWOP:

VOTE: Jakalope
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Unvote
Vote Blonde Doctor

Stalling tactic? Maybe.

Good vote. Yes.

I would also be willing to vote TJ today, but I actually would rather see stuff go thisaway.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 am

Post by diddin »

Is bob seriously claiming Buzz Lightyear-Bulletproof? That would explain a lack of kill from the alien Vigs if the bobs kill was selected.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Oversoul »

trucking along, but in light of the recent claims, I don't buy the neighborhood thing. :\

Rainbow, do you and your other neighbor make up for the lost percentage with a Nanook death? I don't see why you would want to kill a vi neighborhood member if you can direct his shot and threaten with a claim. I would rather a controlled town vig option than a weakened, gonna be dead soon neighborhood. Your claim unprovoked is weird as hell too given the strength of the claim. O_o

From Fourseen's flip I am going to assume who the scum flavor roles are most likely going to be..

Zerg
Zerg minion
Sid
Sid's dog
Ken (possible lover with Barbie?)
One of Sid's fucked up toys
Bear from the Third movie

I don't want to get too hung up on that, but why would one of the Alien's be evil?

I have a few other opinions about role flavor, but I will wait until another claiming situation presents itself.

I believe Bob's bulletproof ability especially given a scum plus modified neighborhood.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by farside22 »

Oversoul wrote:trucking along, but in light of the recent claims, I don't buy the neighborhood thing. :\

Rainbow, do you and your other neighbor make up for the lost percentage with a Nanook death? I don't see why you would want to kill a vi neighborhood member if you can direct his shot and threaten with a claim. I would rather a controlled town vig option than a weakened, gonna be dead soon neighborhood. Your claim unprovoked is weird as hell too given the strength of the claim. O_o

You know this makes no sense. You don't believe the neighbor thing but your asking about the other neighborhood in general. You either believe the claim or not.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Oversoul »

farside22 wrote:
Oversoul wrote:trucking along, but in light of the recent claims, I don't buy the neighborhood thing. :\

You know this makes no sense. You don't believe the neighbor thing but your asking about the other neighborhood in general. You either believe the claim or not.

I see that you are still suspicious of me. I find it odd that Scott would add a luck based mechanic into the game as that is usually considered a no-no and I wanted to test to see if he was lying or not.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

Oversoul wrote:I see that you are still suspicious of me. I find it odd that Scott would add a luck based mechanic into the game as that is usually considered a no-no and I wanted to test to see if he was lying or not.

luck? How do you call it luck? It's called random and let me tell you about modding. I created a role called town drunk. Whom in a sense was a JOAT that got to chose whom he targetted and knew what role's could come up with picking that person, however I (the mod) was the person whom randomly selected the ability that the Town Drunk would be performing.

PeregrineV wrote:Vote: Jakalope

@Nanook- You've been outed as a neighbor. Since you know that
everyone
feels one of you three is scum, I'd like to here your thoughts on who it is and why. And how you feel about being the target of your "neighbors" last night.

I don't think everyone has weighed in on the subject. Do you?

What don't you like about Jak's post? Whom else is your scum suspect and why?
Any reason your lurking in this game?

@Mike: You may not like my attitude about your lack of posting here but it's more frustration to me to see someone not give effort to a game that it deserves. You signed up for the game so deal with making cases.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Considering that Rainbow claimed, I am indeed one of rainbow's neighbors ... Alien #3

farside22 wrote:Also NtW I asked you a question about FA you never answered

I would have answered had I posted since you asked. If you're referring to a read on FA. At this point in time I'm going to say town. Claim of woody and JOAT placed him as town on my list. Earlier in the game I will admit that I thought he was scum. Looking back I think it's just his playstyle that rubbed me the wrong way. I assumed he was scum trying to take over the town.

bobsnox wrote:WHO ELSE HAS LASERS IN TOY STORY NANOOK? WHO? You should be lynched just for trying to kill me.

That said, I don't have lasers ;_; I just have cool protective suit. And if Nanook is town, I guess my plan didn't accomplish much. But is he town? Is Rainbow town? Apparently Rainbow and her other buddy wanted Nanook dead. So maybe they aren't the soldiers. hmmm...

Just because you claimed laser doesn't mean anything to me. For all I knew at the time, you were lying ... which by the way obviously you were. The protective suit bit seems a bit odd, but I guess it could make sense if it were me last night who failed to kill you due to your protective armor. Then again it could have been rainbow who failed due to being jailed, IDK.

I will make this known though that I feel that if you are claiming Buzz lightyear, you still could be scum. Buzz can easily be manipulated as you had seen in Toy story 3. Also, you mentioned maybe we're toy soldiers .... If you had read the game you would have noticed that Rainbow claimed aliens as our neighborhood.

bobsnox wrote:We need to figure out why nanook thought killing buzz lightyear was a good idea

I wasn't, I was trying to kill you ... Being buzz lightyear is null from my viewpoint anyways as he had been turned into a bad guy in the third movie by Lotso.

PeregrineV wrote:@Nanook- You've been outed as a neighbor. Since you know that everyone feels one of you three is scum, I'd like to here your thoughts on who it is and why. And how you feel about being the target of your "neighbors" last night.

When I received this role, I interpreted it as 3 man mason group with a vigilante ability. However, one of the three members made sure to inform me that there is a possibility that one of us could be scum and that we indeed were not a masonry group, but instead neighbors. I haven't ever been in such a role scenario before, so I never even suspected that one of the other members could be scum. It arised at some point that rainbow and ??? believed me to be scum because I wasn't necessarily being as open with my reads. Reasoning for not being very open about them is because I couldn't keep up with the game and give them. I refused to talk to my neighbors at one point out of frustration.

If one of the others is scum out of my group, then I couldn't tell you which one I suspect more as I see both of them as scum right now to be completely honest.

At this point I think it be best to

Vote: Jakalope

I think he needs some pressure and I wouldn't mind seeing a claim. I feel he's dodging some questions and adding input that's needed in this game.

I apologize still for my lack of activity recently, however things in RL have arised that limit my time for this site. I have already asked for replacement in 2/4 of my games. I'm doing my best to stay in this one ... even if my neighborhood wants me dead.

I'll also state that if the town feel it necessary for me to be investigated, then so be it. I don't suggest doing it tonight though, maybe the following. I have a feeling that now 2 out of the 3 of us are out in the open about our roles that scum may want to limit our vigging ability.

In regards to either Mikehart or Blondedoctor, I could support either wagon at this time as well. I may not have been the most active, but I honestly can say that I've read this entire game up to this point. Without substance I don't really have a read on either player.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Random percentages less than 100 = luck because they require a certain degree of luck in order to succeed.
TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by TheJakalope »

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in this game, but I'll be making less posts due to the fact that high school just started.

If anyone besides Nanook would like me to claim, I'd gladly claim, right now, I'm keeping my role to myself.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

Oversoul wrote:Random percentages less than 100 = luck because they require a certain degree of luck in order to succeed.

:?: :?: :?:
What are you talking about?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Oversoul »

farside22 wrote:
Oversoul wrote:Random percentages less than 100 = luck because they require a certain degree of luck in order to succeed.

:?: :?: :?:
What are you talking about?

If they only had a 66% of succeeding they will need luck in order to get that kill. Why are you confused and getting hung up on a minor point anyway?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

TheJakalope wrote:I'm not sure if I mentioned it in this game, but I'll be making less posts due to the fact that high school just started.

If anyone besides Nanook would like me to claim, I'd gladly claim, right now, I'm keeping my role to myself.

Your at L-5 and instead of putting down sound reasoning on whom you think is scum or disputing those that are voting you, your like hey let me know if you want me to claim.....

:roll:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”