Mortal Kombat Mafia (Game Over: Mafia Win)

kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:52 am

Post by kiwieagle »

Darox wrote:All the better for you to misinterpret.

If we ever take a break from our busy schedule of modkills and power role guilty claims, we should get back to lynching Palisade.

One learn from his mistakes.

in the Mastin hydra who is the other head?
Not never dead.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:53 am

Post by kiwieagle »

Amrun wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
Amrun wrote:It takes all the heat out of the argument, actually, which wasn't great to begin with. Anyone who has played with me (like Reck) should absolutely know that I wouldn't say what I said about wlc about a scumbuddy, esp after one vote.

There's also the 'She made me [Reck] out to be scummy for changing my read on a guy with a cop guilty' which was a better argument to begin with. Agree with her on Weyoun always looking like scum.

I think you'd be better off asking one of the players who was 'frothing at the mouth' to begin with.

I never did that. That was zmuffinman. All I did was say that wlc has a scummy playstyle, which is absolutely true.

A couple of people suspected me before, namely MoS (whom I have no idea why he thinks I'm scummy), and Palisade (who is scum and thinks I'm scummy for correcting the mod or something).

In case anyone missed it...

COOLDOG HAS AN INNOCENT ON ME.

Move the fuck on. You were wrong.

Him having an innocent does not make you confirmed town.
There are probably 2 factions.
Not never dead.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:59 am

Post by kiwieagle »

Amrun wrote:I haven't properly read yet.

VOTE: Palisade

You haven properly read but still you feel the need to vote him?

Yeah cool.

Amrun wrote:Just read page 27.

MoS, get a grip. NO ONE has made any cases. Want to know why? There hasn't been an opportunity. Modkill d1 when I wanted Palisade dead. Cop guilty day 2. Tracker guilty day 3.

I can't actually think of anyone who has made a case, except Palisade and every single one of those was riddled with so much confirmation bias that it hardly counts.

You could have chosen anyone's iso and said the same thing about it. That's not a case.

And if you really think Palisade is town, why aren't you defending him?

Exactly.

No one has made a case on him, SO WHY DO YOU THINK HE IS SCUM?

Amrun wrote:I have a pretty up to date wiki. It's no secret.

My original vote on GW was semi-random and very weak. He did some sort of thing that convinced me he was town but I'm not big on sharing reasons for townreads unless they become relevant. I honestly don't remember what he did that I liked.

That is reaching. Again, you are a smart enough player to think about scum motivation and why anyone would do such a thing to a scumbuddy.

Logic dictates that I am half as likely to be scum than anyone else, so find a less stupid suspect. Later in the gamou still harbor such suspicions, we can discuss it then.

Because I'll probably still be alive because now I'm not even a good vig shot. *sigh*

Deflecting everyone just cause CoolDog said your NOT blackdragon.
But you still may be scum, so its possible.
Not never dead.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:11 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT FOR KOMBATANT
Day 3 Vote Count (#3)

Palisade (11) - Timeater, Internet Stranger, Amrun, Toogeloo, Nero Cain, Albert B. Rampage, zMuffinMan, Magister Ludi, T-Bone, Palisade, Darox
Amrun (1) - Mastermind of Sin

Not voting (8) - NanookTheWolf, Ghostwriter, springlullaby, CooLDoG, The Fonz, kiwieagle, Bogre, Oversoul

FLAVORPalisade just managed to duck out of the way as Ghostwriter went to push him into the molten metal once again. As the onlooking Kombatants stood in awe, Palisade managed to fight back, picking up a pipe on the ground and smashing it against Ghostwriter's face, knocking him down.

Both Kombatants posed in one final ready stance, the light from the molten metal under the press glowing against the side of their faces. No one dared to interrupt this match.

Ghostwriter has been selected as the first Kombatant!
Palisade has been selected as the second Kombatant!

Deadline is Thursday, August 25th at 7:00 PM EDT! With 18 choosing, it takes 10 to choose someone's death!

Day 3's stage is: Hell's Foundry!

REMEMBER: NO ONE BUT GHOSTWRITER AND PALISADE MUST SPEAK BEYOND THIS POINT; THEY MUST ONLY CHOOSE. NO OTHER WORDS.

Votes from Ghostwriter and Palisade will no longer count.

This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:17 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Choose: GhostWriter
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

choose:GW
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Palisade »

BTW, we're confident enough in MoS being town to add him to the list. It's now 9/20.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Choose: Scumwriter
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Darox »

Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Palisade »

1. NanookTheWolf Snakeplissken <--This slot has pretty much nothing. We'll be looking into things some more, and are looking forward to Nanook actually giving content, so we can read.
2. T-Bone <--Another overall null-read, because we haven't looked into it enough.
3. Albert B. Rampage <--Watcher.
4. zMuffinMan <--Another null read which we need to look into. We have a note in our QT saying town, but it's most likely gut; we'll see what we find.
7. Ghostwriter <--Confirmed-scum; is about to be executed. Which team GW is on is vital.
8. Timeater <--Null-read overall, but with a town-lean.
9. Darox <--Obv-town.
10. springlullaby <--Might as well be conf-town.
11. CooLDoG <--Black Dragon Cop; town.
13. The Fonz <--Confirmed scum.
14. Mastermind of Sin <--Town-read.
15. kiwieagle <--Town-read.
16. Internet Stranger <--Scum with Fonz.
17. Bogre <--Another null read, but good scum candidate.
18. Toogeloo <--Living, breathing scum.
19. Amrun <--Not Black Dragon scum.
20. Magister Ludi <--Obv-town.
24. Nero Cain <--Another null read; we had an initial town-read on Nero, but it has weakened.
25. Oversoul <--Yet another null read. Of note, Oversoul tried to vote us but we'd already been hammered. He's definitely a figure of interest.

Tl;dr?

TOWN:
Cooldog, Spring, Ludi, Darox, Albert, Kiwi, MoS, Amrun.

SCUM:
GhostWriter, Fonz, Internet Stranger, ? (In below.)

NULL:
Rest.
Timeater, Nero, Muffin, T-Bone, Nanook, Oversoul, Bogre. (Roughly ordered most town to least town, but we're still working on it.)
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Palisade »

And again. We'll need Ghost's flip before we know whether Fonz and IS are all that's left of their scumteam (Fonz and IS are Black Dragon; GW flips Earthrealm), or if they have a buddy (Fonz and IS are Earthrealm with one other; GW flips Black Dragon).

Toogeloo definitely looks like scum. We're not sure whether he's a buddy of Fonz/IS or not, but we're actually leaning towards him being on the opposite team of Fonz/IS. (AKA, aligned with GW.)
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Choose Ghostwriter
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Palisade »

And by the way.

12. Bunnylover, Ermac (Town Earthrealm Invader Miller Doctor), burnt alive Night 2!
22. xRECKONERx, Liu Kang (Town Earthrealm Invader Cop), head devoured Night 2!
We still didn't get an answer as to which kills belong to who. We know it's a broad category, but we'd prefer if someone mentioned all the characters who have a flame-based ability/finishing move. With that in mind, we might be able to determine who the character is. And if we find out who the character is, we presumably find out what faction they are, and therefore, which kills are made by which faction.

The head bitten off is far less generic. ABR gave us a pointer, but we're not familiar enough with the flavor to have any clue what it actually means; do either of the characters there belong to the Black Dragons or Earthrealm Invaders?

Either way, it's something we should figure out.

Also, keep in mind. In Mafia on Werewolf Island, everyone sending in a kill had slightly different flavor. Werewolves obviously had wolf-themed attacks, but every member attacked in a different way. Mafia had gun-themed attacks, but each member shot a different way--for instance, Mastin (Mafia Doctor) shot people in the head.

This being a theme game, it'll be the Same, But More. Whoever sends in the kill for each team will leave their imprint on it, so we can figure out not only which faction kills who both tonight and last night, but also who the four killers (role names) are.

We'll continue to do what digging we can. (For instance, if we figure out who the characters killing are, we might also learn who their fakeclaims are.)
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by kiwieagle »

Choose GW
Not never dead.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Choose: Ghostwriter
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Bogre »

Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Permanent V/LA.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

There's a hammer. Be patient with me while I do a votecount. Hammering does NOT mean you can talk until the flip (unless you are one of the two Kombatants). My power is out and I'm on my phone.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT FOR FATALITY
Day 3 Vote Count (#4)

Ghostwriter (10) - zMuffinMan, Nero Cain, Internet Stranger, Darox, Magister Ludi, kiwieagle, T-Bone, Oversoul, Bogre, Mastermind of Sin
Palisade (0)

Not voting (8) - NanookTheWolf, Albert B. Rampage, Timeater, springlullaby, CooLDoG, The Fonz, Toogeloo, Amrun

FLAVORAs the two fought, Palisade fed off of the confusion, energy and passion of the watching Kombatants. After every kick and punch, he found himself filled with an adrenaline-filled rage. Ghostwriter was pushed back and back, farther near the metal press, and in a last ditch effort...

....he took out his hammer and tossed it at Palisade. Palisade ducked out of the way easily, and then kicked him into the molten metal.

Shao Kahn writhed around in a burning pain.

"You foolish Mortals! You think you can best a man with MY kind of power?!"

"You forget something, Shao Kahn.

YOU are Mortal as well."

The press slams down with a vengeance, smashing him into the molten metal. His skull-modeled helmet crushes along with the rest of his body.

All of the Kombatants feel a breath of relief...the tyrant known as Shao Kahn is no more. They feel that Liu Kang's death has not been for nothing...however, this does not change the fact that they are stuck in Outworld. They decide to split up for the night to find a portal back to Earthrealm, still feeling nothing but danger in the crazy world around them.

Ghostwriter,
Shao Kahn
(
Mafia Odd-Night Strongman
), has been smashed into molten metal at Hell's Foundry Day 3!

It is now Night 3! Deadline is Monday, August 22nd at 10:00 AM, EDT.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Twistedspoon replaces Pine's head for Palisade, making Palisade a Mastin + Twistedspoon hydra.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:22 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

NanookTheWolf is replacing out.

Also, Day 4 will start later on tonight. I will be busy up until 10 or 11 PM EDT, maybe later. Consider the deadline extended until then.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Sorry for the delay. Day phase incoming.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

FLAVORRaiden steps out of the Foundry and walks his own path. He came down from the Heavens as a participant of Mortal Kombat by his own will and his love of Earthrealm. However, he's been having many doubts about the integrity of all of the races of the 6 realms.

As he walks through the Living Forest, a figure steps out from behind a tree. This figure speaks in a solemn tone. "It was a mistake coming down here, Thunder God."

"And who are you to say?"

"Who I am isn't important. Your demise is."

Suddenly, shurikens came flying towards Raiden at lightning-fast speeds. Before he could react, he was pierced in 10 places. The figure disappeared just as quick as it came.

A weakened Raiden crawled on the ground towards the edge of the forest. In a faint glimmer of hope, he found a person standing next to a grassy plot. He crawled up to the person and asked them for help. "Get the other Kombatants...please. They can't fight this threat without me."

"Eh. I could do that, old man." They crouched down to Raiden's level. "But I really don't feel like it. I'd much rather do some biology experiments."

The person jabbed their hand into Raiden's chest and took out his heart. Raiden's last thoughts turned to the demise of Liu Kang and Shao Kahn, and how the fate of the realms were left up to less stronger Kombatants, but more pure of heart. He departed this world, not in permanent death, but until the realms allowed his presence once again.

Hours later, the Kombatants found their way into the Living Forest, finding Raiden's still bleeding heart next to his hat, and his clothes pierced with bloody shurikens.

Albert B. Rampage,
Raiden
(
Town Kill Observer
), pierced by shurikens and had his heart ripped out Night 3!

Since Kill Observer is a new self-made role, I will explain what it does:

Kill Observer is a role that targets a player and sees whether or not someone targeted that player with a killing action (or multiple killers, in the case of more than 1 kill). After the first time the Kill Observer detects a killing action(s) in this way, the Kill Observer loses the ability to target a player. It is considered an Investigative Watching role.

It is now Day 4! With 18 alive, it takes 10 to choose a Kombatant! Deadline is Wednesday, September 7th at 11:00 PM EDT!
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

You want this one.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Nice play, ABR.

Also, I think that person who eats people's head is that slutty women with a veil over her face. She has a lot of teeth that look like a monster and a couple of her fatalities involve eating people.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”